PDA

View Full Version : What about GITMO?

Robert A Whit
05-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Again, doesn't it strike you that the media are hypocrites as to GITMO?

Who knows of the very long hunger strike at GITMO???

I heard of this on RT. You can get a lot of information on Russian Times yet i am trying to recall if any of my local media brings it up. I am trying to recall but it seems that maybe PBS actually commented briefly but the way it was brought up, it was not really informative.

Back date to George W Bush. When he was president, the Media made sure to keep it front and center. If somebody falsely claimed a Koran was flushed down a toilet, the media sprang instantly into action to point the finger at Bush.

Today you don't see that. At least 100 and some claim it is more like 120 inmates went on a hunger strike. When I first learned this, they had stopped eating close to 3 months previously. RT was talking of it.

So, why do you suppose the media turned tail and ran? To protect Obama?

Did any of you know of the hunger strike 3 months ago?

Noir
05-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Erm, it popped up on an msnbc feed of mine, iirc it title was about the ironic violation of international law if the prisoners were force fed.

Robert A Whit
05-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Erm, it popped up on an msnbc feed of mine, iirc it title was about the ironic violation of international law if the prisoners were force fed.

Where are you and when did you learn of the strike? Do you get updates on our media?

Why watch MSNBC when you can watch NBC?

Noir
05-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Where are you and when did you learn of the strike? Do you get updates on our media?

Why watch MSNBC when you can watch NBC?

Where - Northern Ireland
When - Don't really know tbh, like i thought it was only a few weeks ago, but then February doesn't seem 3 months ago so i'm not sure.

And i don't watch any new shows/channels, i get the new from twitter feeds, RSS, and Flipboard.

Robert A Whit
05-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Where - Northern Ireland
When - Don't really know tbh, like i thought it was only a few weeks ago, but then February doesn't seem 3 months ago so i'm not sure.

And i don't watch any new shows/channels, i get the new from twitter feeds, RSS, and Flipboard.

If you ever watch the BBC and they don't report it, it perhaps is one reason the USA media does not report it.

The hunger strike started I believe in January. Since the way I learned about it is using Russian Times, at first I was not sure it was happening. But one of our domestic sites spoke of it and later I heard one congressman speaking of it, so they are correct.