PDA

View Full Version : Obama to College Students: ‘Reject These Voices’

red states rule
05-06-2013, 04:19 AM
Yea, ignore the voices that tell you that 40% of college grads are unemployed; the debt is approaching $17 trillion; people are losing their jobs and having their work hours reduced thanks to Obamacare; government waste; and land grabbing by the EPS

A year to the day after kicking off his re-election campaign at Ohio State University, President Barack Obama returned to the college campus and told graduates that only through vigorous participation in their “democracy” can they right an ill-functioning government and break through relentless cynicism about the nation’s future.
“I dare you, Class of 2013, to do better. I dare you to do better,” Obama said.

In a sunbaked stadium filled with more than 57,000 students, friends and relatives, Obama lamented an American political system that gets consumed by “small things” and works for the benefit of society’s elite. He called graduates to duty to “accomplish great things,” like rebuilding a still-feeble economy and fighting poverty and climate change.
“Only you can ultimately break that cycle. Only you can make sure the democracy you inherit is as good as we know it can be,” the president told more than 10,000 cap-and-gown-clad graduates. “But it requires your dedicated, informed and engaged citizenship.”

Obama also urged the students to “reject these voices” that warn of the evils of government, saying (http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/05/05/obama-delivers-commencement-speech-at-the-ohio-state-university/):

Still, you’ll hear voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that’s the root of all our problems, even as they do their best to gum up the works; or that tyranny always lurks just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave, creative, unique experiment in self-rule is just a sham with which we can’t be trusted.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/05/obama-to-college-students-reject-these-voices-that-warn-of-big-government-tyranny/

aboutime
05-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Hopefully. The One, or Two smart, non-liberal, not easily-led students in the audience will remember
what seeing, and hearing a TRUE LIAR actually is...in person.

red states rule
05-07-2013, 02:26 AM
Hopefully. The One, or Two smart, non-liberal, not easily-led students in the audience will remember
what seeing, and hearing a TRUE LIAR actually is...in person.

Many will find themselves unemployed; living with their parents; watching MSNBC; and blame Bush and the R's for their financial problems

Then they will get up off the couch and make their way to the Dept of Social Services and sign up for the as many of the Obama handouts as possible

The rest will be working to support the growing welfare state and have to listen to the demands of the takers to pay more in taxes so they do not have to work

red states rule
05-09-2013, 04:34 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn_c10913420130508120100.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-09-2013, 05:48 AM
Those voices are reality driving the truth home. Obama and his poicies have been a total disaster for this nation and that is also by design.

taft2012
05-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Many will find themselves unemployed; living with their parents; watching MSNBC; and blame Bush and the R's for their financial problems

Then they will get up off the couch and make their way to the Dept of Social Services and sign up for the as many of the Obama handouts as possible

The rest will be working to support the growing welfare state and have to listen to the demands of the takers to pay more in taxes so they do not have to work

It's worse than all of that. Have you spoken to any of these kids? They're getting out of college expecting to saunter into jobs and make $150K their first year. Anything less is simply unacceptable to them.

Their sense of entitlement is unprecedented in American history. These are the Occupy Wall Street kids, and what they want to get started in the work force is unrealistic. What that holds for our future is not promising.

Now they can stay on their parents' health care plans until they're 26 years-old, which means a lot of them will not start seeking realistic employment opportunities until they're at least that age.

SMH. By the time I was 26 years old I had already had steady employment for 14 years, and paid my own way through college.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-09-2013, 06:01 AM
It's worse than all of that. Have you spoken to any of these kids? They're getting out of college expecting to saunter into jobs and make $150K their first year. Anything less is simply unacceptable to them.

Their sense of entitlement is unprecedented in American history. These are the Occupy Wall Street kids, and what they want to get started in the work force is unrealistic. What that holds for our future is not promising.

Now they can stay on their parents' health care plans until they're 26 years-old, which means a lot of them will not start seeking realistic employment opportunities until they're at least that age.

SMH. By the time I was 26 years old I had already had steady employment for 14 years, and paid my own way through college.

Work your way through college is for smucks. Obama teaches just take out a loan and cruise through. Never mind that when the super high paying job fails to come you are still left holding the debt and no way to pay. Why worry about ever paying a debt, obama doesn't and our National debt is proof of that. HE ALMOST DOUBLED IT IN 4 YEARS!! A feat that instead of getting him punished got him a second term! Telll me this nation isn't ever so damn ripe for a BIG fall!!!--Tyr

aboutime
05-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Work your way through college is for smucks. Obama teaches just take out a loan and cruise through. Never mind that when the super high paying job fails to come you are still left holding the debt and no way to pay. Why worry about ever paying a debt, obama doesn't and our National debt is proof of that. HE ALMOST DOUBLED IT IN 4 YEARS!! A feat that instead of getting him punished got him a second term! Telll me this nation isn't ever so damn ripe for a BIG fall!!!--Tyr

Tyr. Many of those college students who have Liberal parents, and who are liberal themselves....have nothing to worry about.
They know. When they finish college. As long as they are under the age of 26. Obamacare guarantee's their PARENTS can take care of their health needs ON THEIR DIME.

College kids have no sense of personal responsibility if they follow the Liberal/Democrat standards...of which..THERE ARE NONE.

So. They are being trained, in Liberal Cesspools, by Liberal Professors to graduate, and expect high paying jobs....IN MacDonalds, and for more than minimum wage or....THEY STAY HOME, and LIVE OFF OF "WE THE PEOPLE" until Mom, and Dad kick them out, and they start their own Marijuana or Crack Business to get by.

red states rule
05-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Obama reminds me of Groucho Marx when he said who are you gonna believe, me, or you're lyin eyes?

Pf course I still undecided who Obama sees as his political mentor

Groucho Marx or Karl Marx

aboutime
05-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Obama reminds me of Groucho Marx when he said who are you gonna believe, me, or you're lyin eyes?

Pf course I still undecided who Obama sees as his political mentor

Groucho Marx or Karl Marx

Obama's real mentor is Reverend Wright. Remember.."GOD-DAMNED AMERICA"?

red states rule
05-10-2013, 03:30 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1209505024/h18A84097/

red states rule
05-15-2013, 04:31 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gv051513dAPR20130515014513.jpg