PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to eat BACON!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-07-2013, 06:43 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/105-year-old-bacon-woman-i-love-bacon-says-elderly-woman

A 105-year-old woman who loves bacon is making news today. The woman says that the key to her good health (well in to her 100's) is, you guessed it, bacon. On May 7, The Raw Story (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/07/105-year-old-woman-says-eating-bacon-every-day-is-her-key-to-long-life/) reported that Pearl Cantrell's love of bacon not only makes her happy but it also keeps her going.
"I love bacon, I eat it everyday. I don’t feel as old as I am, that’s all I can say. I love bacon, I could eat it for every meal — and I do," said Cantrell. Her age and her obsession with the delicious crispy pork pieces scored her a visit from the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile and it's making her a bacon celebrity across the internet.
The 105-year-old bacon woman couldn't wait to tell everyone just how much she loves bacon. Perhaps she shares that sentiment with millions of other people who truly believe that bacon makes everything better -- because, really. It does. Cantrell spoke with a local news station which is what really put her -- and her bacon -- on the map.
"Pearl Cantrell’s love of bacon is so strong that the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile made a stop through town last week to wish her a happy birthday, all because she told a local news station her amazing secret," The Raw Story reported.
The 105-year-old woman who simply loves bacon is from Richland, Texas.
© Effie Orfanides 2013
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AND I NOW EAT BACON TWICE A WEEK EVEN AGAINST MY DOCTOR'S ORDERS..
Was looking to read that she drank a couple shots of good whiskey everyday but no such luck. ;)

Noir
05-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I'd rather die young thanks ^,^

aboutime
05-08-2013, 01:41 PM

That would be your choice Noir. Finally, we agree on something.

jimnyc
05-08-2013, 04:33 PM

What if we waited till the piggy died of natural causes?

aboutime
05-08-2013, 04:36 PM
What if we waited till the piggy died of natural causes?

From now on. Whenever I see Noir has posted. I will be reminded like this...4954

red states rule
05-08-2013, 04:39 PM

and here I was going to buy you a Baconator value meal at Wendy's

http://thewvsr.com/baconator1.jpg

aboutime
05-08-2013, 05:35 PM
and here I was going to buy you a Baconator value meal at Wendy's

http://thewvsr.com/baconator1.jpg

Wow! I can just imagine how much 'jafar's mouth is watering as that BACON almost jumps off the screen at him.

red states rule
05-09-2013, 02:06 AM
Wow! I can just imagine how much 'jafar's mouth is watering as that BACON almost jumps off the screen at him.

Great way to cure that hunger strike at Club Gitmo AT.

aboutime
05-09-2013, 05:38 PM

Personally. I don't want them to end the Hunger Strike at Club Gitmo.

The less they eat. The less WE THE PEOPLE spend, and Obama can't stand that!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-09-2013, 07:58 PM

What, you don't eat bacon??? If not ,why not?

Marcus Aurelius
05-09-2013, 08:03 PM
http://badassmunchies.com/25/images/babes/bacon-bikini.jpg

tailfins
05-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Piggy, piggy, piggy can't you see, sometimes your ribs just hypnotize me.
I just love you smoky ways.
I don't care if they are smoke or they are glazed.

May Biggie Smalls AKA "Notorious P.I.G." roll over in his grave!

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Chris%20Henry%20Memorial%20BQD2QovfsRml.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-09-2013, 08:15 PM
http://badassmunchies.com/25/images/babes/bacon-bikini.jpg

You know pics like that gets Jafar's lust meter running in high gear. Likely puts undue overtime work on some of his slaves, I MEAN WIVES.;)--Tyr

tailfins
05-09-2013, 08:26 PM
You know pics like that gets Jafar's lust meter running in high gear. Likely puts undue overtime work on some of his slaves, I MEAN WIVES.;)--Tyr

Plastic parts are for toys.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Plastic parts are for toys.

Plastic parts are for the birds. I always insisted that my women not be plastic. I wanted the wiggly in the jiggly to be natural ....:laugh:

I figured they werent gettig any plastic part from me, why should I from them?..;)--Tyr

red states rule
05-10-2013, 03:13 AM
Personally. I don't want them to end the Hunger Strike at Club Gitmo.

The less they eat. The less WE THE PEOPLE spend, and Obama can't stand that!

OK, if the bastards assume room temp then bury their sorry ass with a side of bacon

aboutime
05-10-2013, 04:49 PM
OK, if the bastards assume room temp then bury their sorry ass with a side of bacon

red states rule. THAT....would be a terrible waste of Good Bacon. Why bury them? There are big birds down there that scavenge the landscape, and THEY HAVE TO EAT to keep the balance of nature. You know? Survival of the Fittest?

Noir
05-10-2013, 05:18 PM

Nope, i'm a vegan, mostly ethical and environmental reasons.

jimnyc
05-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Nope, i'm a vegan, mostly ethical and environmental reasons.

What if the piggy died of natural causes?

jimnyc
05-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Here's the dinner I would request on my death bed:

http://johnrieber.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/bacon-burger.jpg

aboutime
05-10-2013, 06:08 PM

Jim. That photo of Bacon reminded me of many years on ships, when the Messmen who prepared breakfast for hundreds, had several huge kettles of that stuff waiting to be put on the Mess Line.
It was always such a great smell.

jimnyc
05-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Jim. That photo of Bacon reminded me of many years on ships, when the Messmen who prepared breakfast for hundreds, had several huge kettles of that stuff waiting to be put on the Mess Line.
It was always such a great smell.

Hey, I feel bad for the little piggy almost as much as Noir does. Almost. I mean, I like little piglets when they're playful. If I lived on a farm I don't think I could ever kill any of the animals. I'm an ignorant hypocritical, turn a blind eye kinda guy when it comes to most foods though, including bacon. One has truly not lived until they have stuffed their faces and over-ate on bacon and sausage.

aboutime
05-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Hey, I feel bad for the little piggy almost as much as Noir does. Almost. I mean, I like little piglets when they're playful. If I lived on a farm I don't think I could ever kill any of the animals. I'm an ignorant hypocritical, turn a blind eye kinda guy when it comes to most foods though, including bacon. One has truly not lived until they have stuffed their faces and over-ate on bacon and sausage.

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaMen !

jafar00
05-10-2013, 09:45 PM

That wouldn't be too bad without the white bun. The Ketogenic diet actually encourages bacon consumption. Actually about 60% of the diet is fat, with 5% carbs and the rest in protein. It would be good diet food if it was cooked in butter! :)

I eat halal beef bacon, sujuk or Mergheuz with eggs for breakfast instead of pork bacon btw.

Drummond
05-10-2013, 09:56 PM

I suppose it 'takes all sorts to make a world', Tyr.

Me, I've got two packs of bacon rashers in my fridge even as I type. Within the next 24 hours I anticipate eating an egg and bacon breakfast, and at least two bacon sandwiches ...

Feeling hungry, Jafar ? Pity you're not now in the UK. I could've invited you over for breakfast. Maybe even arranged to have some bacon rashers facing Mecca ...

Drummond
05-10-2013, 10:05 PM
That wouldn't be too bad without the white bun. The Ketogenic diet actually encourages bacon consumption. Actually about 60% of the diet is fat, with 5% carbs and the rest in protein. It would be good diet food if it was cooked in butter! :)

I eat halal beef bacon, sujuk or Mergheuz with eggs for breakfast instead of pork bacon btw.

Beware of those Fatwas, there, Jafar ...

http://www.questionsonislam.com/question/can-muslim-sell-pork-alcohol

Pig is accepted as dirty in all aspects in Islam. It can not be used in any way. If it touches to a clean object, if it falls into a well, or if some water of its mouth pours onto an object, it makes that entire thing dirty. It can not be eaten; its meat or skin can not be used in any way.

Quran states this clearly. In the verse 173 of surah (chapter) of Baqarah (The Cow), verse 3 of surah of Maidah (The Food), verse 145 of surah of Anam (The Cattle), and verse 115 of surah of Nahl (The Bee) pig is stated as dirty and forbidden to eat.

In the surah of Baqarah Allah says:
"He has only forbidden you what dies of itself, and blood, and flesh of swine, and that over which any other (name) than (that of) Allah has been invoked; but whoever is driven to necessity, not desiring, nor exceeding the limit, no sin shall be upon him; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

In the surah of Anam it is stated as:
"Say: I do not find in that which has been revealed to me anything forbidden for an eater to eat of except that it be what has died of itself, or blood poured forth, or flesh of swine-- for that surely is unclean-- or that which is a transgression, other than (the name of) Allah having been invoked on it..."

As it is forbidden to eat these things in the Quran, selling them is also forbidden. Muslims are definitely discouraged from these things.

Jafar, I look forward to your telling me that this is all 'un-Islamic' ....

Drummond
05-10-2013, 10:11 PM

AARGH ... I can just see all the Lefties coming out of the woodwork to complain !

red states rule
05-11-2013, 02:18 AM

Now here is a burger with bacon worth having

http://commonsenseconspiracy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/233426-heart-attack-grill.jpg

red states rule
05-11-2013, 02:19 AM
AARGH ... I can just see all the Lefties coming out of the woodwork to complain !

That is what the little bastards do best

and they have their useful idiots screaming about their "rights" and how they are being "abused"

Noir
05-11-2013, 08:04 AM
What if the piggy died of natural causes?

Only if you treat him well good and petted him everyday and let him sleep on your softest sheets ^,^

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-11-2013, 11:01 AM

That is almost half of a small piggy right there minus of course the entrails, skin and bones.:laugh:

Back in my early 20's I quite often used to have my friend that owned a resturant fixed me a huge breakfast sandwhich that had between two large bread buns three large eggs, one slice of cheese, 7 bacon slices , one slice of red onion, lettuce and tomato.It was huge but not as big as that monstrosity. I did construction work back then , burned off the calories and never was fat. In fact, was lean and very muscular back then. Getting back to that again even at my age because of my new diet. Of course not the lean part.;)--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-11-2013, 11:04 AM
I suppose it 'takes all sorts to make a world', Tyr.

Me, I've got two packs of bacon rashers in my fridge even as I type. Within the next 24 hours I anticipate eating an egg and bacon breakfast, and at least two bacon sandwiches ...

Feeling hungry, Jafar ? Pity you're not now in the UK. I could've invited you over for breakfast. Maybe even arranged to have some bacon rashers facing Mecca ...

I recently started back eating bacon a few times a week. Not too much only a couple slices with one egg. Had to add something back as my two year old diet had gotten very unappetizing. Too bad the 105 year old lady didnt take a couple shots of good whiskey everyday. I could jusrify that again if she had.--:laugh:--Tyr

red states rule
05-11-2013, 11:39 AM
I love BLT's on toast.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_G1cvrqNaIVA/SpvxJnaGyQI/AAAAAAAACNQ/O1a_un2gxAM/s400/blt+toasted.jpg

PostmodernProphet
05-11-2013, 11:47 AM
and let him sleep on your softest sheets

that's spelled with an "i" not "ee"......this IS a pig we're talking about, remember.....

jimnyc
05-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Only if you treat him well good and petted him everyday and let him sleep on your softest sheets ^,^

That's fucked up, man! :poke:

So if I have a little Piglet, treat him like a pet, let him on my bed, pet him and make him happy. And then when he croaks of old age - it's OK to eat your pet? What kind of sicko are you? I could never eat my pet! LOL

jafar00
05-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Beware of those Fatwas, there, Jafar ...

http://www.questionsonislam.com/question/can-muslim-sell-pork-alcohol

Jafar, I look forward to your telling me that this is all 'un-Islamic' ....

What's your problem? I know what is and is not Halal. I buy my halal "bacon" from halal butchers. Having had pork bacon in my youth, I can tell you that the beef or turkey version is better. More bacon, less fatty rind :)

Now here is a burger with bacon worth having

http://commonsenseconspiracy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/233426-heart-attack-grill.jpg

Make it with halal meats and I'm all yours! Minus the bread of course. I'll have it naked, cos I'm low carb!

Drummond
05-12-2013, 08:01 AM
That's fucked up, man! :poke:

So if I have a little Piglet, treat him like a pet, let him on my bed, pet him and make him happy. And then when he croaks of old age - it's OK to eat your pet? What kind of sicko are you? I could never eat my pet! LOL
:clap::clap:

Drummond
05-12-2013, 08:05 AM
What's your problem? I know what is and is not Halal. I buy my halal "bacon" from halal butchers. Having had pork bacon in my youth, I can tell you that the beef or turkey version is better. More bacon, less fatty rind :)

Jafar, it's not 'my' problem at all !! I'm not a Muslim who'd risk turning most of the Muslim world against me because I enjoy good food !!!

If you feel you can get away with it, then good luck to you. :laugh:

aboutime
05-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Jafar, it's not 'my' problem at all !! I'm not a Muslim who'd risk turning most of the Muslim world against me because I enjoy good food !!!

If you feel you can get away with it, then good luck to you. :laugh:

Sir Drummond. THAT ^ was the perfect example of jafar's methods of DEFENDING I've seen him slip-up on..

If there was nothing to DEFEND from the outset. Why would anyone need to come here in the first place to deny it????

Jafar risks turning most of the Honorable, Thinking Muslim World against him...because of his False Prophet statements here.

He thinks DEFENSE is winning. The Best Defense is SILENCE. But...he just can't stand that.

red states rule
05-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Sir Drummond. THAT ^ was the perfect example of jafar's methods of DEFENDING I've seen him slip-up on..

If there was nothing to DEFEND from the outset. Why would anyone need to come here in the first place to deny it????

Jafar risks turning most of the Honorable, Thinking Muslim World against him...because of his False Prophet statements here.

He thinks DEFENSE is winning. The Best Defense is SILENCE. But...he just can't stand that.

Jafar needs to STFU

Eat a Jimmy Dean sausage biscuit and check out the latest issue of Playboy

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Jafar needs to STFU

Eat a Jimmy Dean sausage biscuit and check out the latest issue of Playboy

Back when I ate sausage I ate Jimmy Dean hot sausage with homemade biscuits and homemade gravy with eggs being optional...

red states rule
05-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Back when I ate sausage I ate Jimmy Dean hot sausage with homemade biscuits and homemade gravy with eggs being optional...

I like the Jimmy Dean sausage breakfast bowl.