PDA

View Full Version : What the Left Believes Explains the Regime's Inaction on Benghazi

red states rule
05-08-2013, 03:22 AM
Once again Rush hits a grand slam with spot on analysis

snip

We talked about this yesterday, folks. We had a guy call about this. That's Dan Bongino, by the way, a former Secret Service agent, on Fox this morning. We talked about this. We had a call yesterday, and the guy said, "Rush, do they not care that four people died?" I said, "No, no, no, no." They care. It's not that they didn't. They didn't want four people to die."

I just said, "There are things more important to them," and this guy has it exactly right.

There are two and only two possible scenarios, the first being that they're just incompetent and don't know what they're doing, or they did comprehend the danger on the ground and ignored it for political reasons. Both of those are true. You don't have to pick one or the other. Both of those things are true. I'll just repeat this again. People, I think, have a tough time understanding this. I wish people didn't, because this is the explanation.

They believe, folks... Now, not all of them. In every group of leftists you're gonna have leaders, followers, dolts, dupes, useful idiots, manipulators. They were all there. It's not monolithic. But when you get to people like Obama and everybody in his administration and the suck-ups who are there to make sure he only hears good news, they really believed... Don't doubt me on this. They really believed the world hated this country because of George W. Bush. They really did.

They thought that the world and terrorists, our enemies, really hated us because of Iraq and because of Afghanistan -- and a certain number of them actually thought that the terrorists on 9/11 were justified because of our policies, that we do provoke these people. They also believed that, when Obama became president, all that hate would vanish and it would turn to love and respect once again for the United States. They believe this stuff about themselves!

Then Obama goes to Cairo to try to cement that notion. "Okay, I'm here now! You can love us again, and you can respect us again. Because we're not gonna do anything to provoke you. We love you!" He was on his world apology tour shortly after being immaculated. So then when something like this in Benghazi happens, they're caught flat-footed. It doesn't jibe. There really is a messianic complex at play here, and they don't understand it when it happens.

So the first thing in their minds that precipitated this was the protests in Cairo. They think that's what got it all started, and that was just a ragtag bunch of publicity seekers -- and they blamed that on the video. Then Benghazi happened a few hours later, and they told themselves, "Eh, it's just the same bunch of people doing what they were doing." But they were told otherwise by the people on the ground in Libya, and they didn't believe it. They chose not to believe it.

And if they did believe it, if I am wrong, then the incompetence explanation comes into play and they simply didn't know what to do. But you also cannot ignore the fact that at the time we had killed bin Laden. I'm sorry! Obama had killed bin Laden. He was bragging about it, and at the same time was saying that terrorism was over, that Al-Qaeda was on the run. We can go back and get you the sound bites if you want. I mean, they were saying these kinds of things.

So politically -- after Obama Killed Osama, after Al-Qaeda's on the run, after we beat terrorism back and the world once again loves us -- this can't be happening. I mean, that's a direct repudiation of Obama! These people are supposed to love us now. These people are supposed to leave us alone now! Because we don't constitute a threat to them anymore, 'cause Bush is gone. They can't understand that these people hate America not because of George Bush. They hate America because America's what it is.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/05/07/it_s_simple_what_the_left_believes_explains_the_re gime_s_inaction_on_benghazi