PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Chicago Under Emanuel, the 'Tough Visionary Mayor'

red states rule
05-09-2013, 02:02 AM
Kat, I bet you did not know how good you have it under Mayor Emanuel. Well Robert Redford is going to tell you

After he is done, he will return to his Hollywood mansion via limo and private jet

It may seem a little redundant, CNN’s idea of making a reality show starring Chicago.

But it will be, at minimum, interesting to see what stories Robert Redford’s Sundance Productions puts together for the just-announced “Chicagoland,” an eight-part, eight-hour “docuseries” shooting now to air in 2014.

The series, made by some of the same people who made “Brick City,” about Newark, NJ, for Sundance Channel, promises to look at the scope of civic life, especially as it intersects with politics and policy.

One of the attractions to Chicago, CNN made clear, is the president being from here and Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s high profile.

But it sounds as though viewers should be alert for hagiography. “Much of (the challenge in Chicago) falls on the shoulders of its tough, visionary mayor, his team and people doing heroic work in neighborhoods throughout the city,” Redford said in a statement.

The series is part of an effort by new CNN chief Jeff Zucker (formerly of NBC) to revamp the newschannel’s lineup and boost sagging ratings.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-robert-redford-cnn-chicagoland-20130508,0,7730981.story

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Kat, I bet you did not know how good you have it under Mayor Emanuel. Well Robert Redford is going to tell you

After he is done, he will return to his Hollywood mansion via limo and private jet

Redford I never was a big fan of but Paul Newman I was . Too bad Paul Newman passed on instead of Redford IMHO. Paul Newman had real character and was by far the better actor too.-Tyr

aboutime
05-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Mayor Rahm. The Proud owner of the 500 Plus Murders, and the Jerk who "Never let's a Good Crisis Go To Waste". That Rahm????

As for any Hollywood Idiots who open their mouth about such things.

How many times will we be forced to listen, and watch....DUMB, AND DUMBER?

red states rule
05-09-2013, 04:09 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2378220288/h1C8BAD55/