PDA

View Full Version : Obama had to give the order to stand down

Jeff
05-09-2013, 05:41 AM
The order to stand down had to come from Obama or someone acting in his place , we know Hilary lied and now we also know Obama lied this should be a no brainer both should be charged and prosecuted , in all honesty as a man Obama ought to step down as Nixon did they both mislead the American people only difference is Americans lost there lives here but he is to arrogant and smug to do so, and to make matters worse this country is filled with brain dead no morals liberal idiots that will go on praising him and will vote for Hillary in 2016 , this is sickening

http://conservativebyte.com/2013/05/only-obama-could-have-ordered-stand-down-call-on-benghazi/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-09-2013, 05:55 AM
OBAMA IS CIC AND BEARS THE RESONSIBILITY EVEN IF HE DID NOT GIVE THE ORDER BUT ODDS ARE VERY HEAVY THAT HE DID. Also , who believes that obama was not the decider on using the lie about the movie to cover up his failure and whatever dirty crap was going on there(illegal weapons giving etc.)?--Tyr

taft2012
05-09-2013, 05:57 AM
OBAMA IS CIC AND BEARS THE RESONSIBILITY EVEN IF HE DID NOT GIVE THE ORDER BUT ODDS ARE VERY HEAVY THAT HE DID. Also , who believes that obama was not the decider on using the lie about the movie to cover up his failure and whatever dirty crap was going on there(illegal weapons giving etc.)?--Tyr

Yep.

And as CIC he was pretty quick to lap up all the credit for getting Bin Laden.

Now he has to take ownership of this shit sandwich.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-09-2013, 06:05 AM
Yep.

We have to force the lying bastard to take ownership and find a way to do so while fighting his propaganda/media allies all the way too. Even after proving it the punishment will likely only be a few verbal scoldings from Congress which he will ignore. When he should be impeached and tried for treason!-Tyr

taft2012
05-09-2013, 06:19 AM
We were drawing analogies to this at work yesterday.

In effect, imagine a desperate 911 call comes in and the police just say "Eh, we're not going to go" and four people wind up dead?

Try to imagine the national outrage that would result, and rightfully so.

Marcus Aurelius
05-09-2013, 06:54 AM
but...but...but...
BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

CSM
05-09-2013, 07:09 AM
We were drawing analogies to this at work yesterday.

In effect, imagine a desperate 911 call comes in and the police just say "Eh, we're not going to go" and four people wind up dead?

Try to imagine the national outrage that would result, and rightfully so.

I cannot fathom the logic that went into the decision to order a stand down. There is no way that the length of engagement could be predicted or even how wide spread the attack (whether fostered by a video or not) would be. Even if it would have taken 24 hours to get a force on scene, you don't wait to start the preparations for an operation like that .

The order to stand down goes far beyond just the special ops personnel close by. The entire military MUST have been ordered to stand down. The SecDef declaring that he did not want to send people into harms way without knowing the situation is pure, unadulterated bullshit. He knows damn well that the US military NEVER has 100% intelligence and we send soldiers, airmen, marines and sailors into harms way ALL THE TIME before knowing the entire story. The facts we know so far indicate that the order to stand down had to come from the top (the CiC to be specific). No one else could order the US Air Force to not prepare for operations or the Special Ops community to not intervene.

Further, the excuses we are expected to believe (we wouldn't get there in time???) are just plain idiotic. Again, there is no way anyone could predict how long the action would last, what other forces the attackers could bring to bear or even if there were other attacks planned elsewhere in the same time span. The Secretary of State's comment about "what difference does it make" clearly demonstrates that the current administration has a callous regard for the US citizen, regardless of position in life. If the American people let this situation stand, let it pass into oblivion without demanding not only answers but justice as well, then the US truly has gone over the edge and cannot last much longer as a free and sovereign nation.

taft2012
05-09-2013, 07:18 AM
They were floating around a trial balloon yesterday that they were afraid to move defenses out of Tripoli to Benghazi because they didn't know if there was a coordinated attack underway, and if Tripoli was going to come under attack.

Well, they *DID* know where an attack was, in Benghazi. That was confirmed. A coordinated attack in Tripoli was supposition.

The relief across the Mediterranean was about 6 hours away. Yes, far away but still useful.

They could have redeployed the forces in Tripoli to relieve Benghazi. While that's underway, the relief from across the Mediterranean would have arrived in time to replace the defenses in Tripoli.

That's really rather routine deployment stuff there.... first day in officer candidate school I would imagine.

CSM
05-09-2013, 07:37 AM
They were floating around a trial balloon yesterday that they were afraid to move defenses out of Tripoli to Benghazi because they didn't know if there was a coordinated attack underway, and if Tripoli was going to come under attack.

Well, they *DID* know where an attack was, in Benghazi. That was confirmed. A coordinated attack in Tripoli was supposition.

The relief across the Mediterranean was about 6 hours away. Yes, far away but still useful.

They could have redeployed the forces in Tripoli to relieve Benghazi. While that's underway, the relief from across the Mediterranean would have arrived in time to replace the defenses in Tripoli.

That's really rather routine deployment stuff there.... first day in officer candidate school I would imagine.

Yep. We pay a significant number of military personnel to prepare for those types of scenarios (it's called 'contingency planning') and they are very, very good at it. I would be more than shocked if there was NOT a contingency plan in place for military intervention in ANY part of the world with appropriate scale of effects and escalation. The politicians are severely underestimating the severity of the implications that this whole thing is bringing to light. We, as a nation, will eventually pay a steep price for this (over and above the deaths and injury already suffered), mark my words!

fj1200
05-09-2013, 08:10 AM
If the American people let this situation stand, let it pass into oblivion without demanding not only answers but justice as well, then the US truly has gone over the edge and cannot last much longer as a free and sovereign nation.

I think that overstates it a bit. We can last as free and sovereign but our superpower status and willingness to go to bat for our allies may not last.

CSM
05-09-2013, 08:21 AM
I think that overstates it a bit. We can last as free and sovereign but our superpower status and willingness to go to bat for our allies may not last.

Perhaps. I do believe that as we abdicate ever more individual freedoms for the sake of "security", surrender our economic well being to other nations and our elected officials become more and more selfish rather than selfless, we, as a nation, will become more and more vulnerable to the rising hostile powers (be they religious or foreign national). The "essence" of the US will be slowly destroyed adn this nation will become subservient to one or more of those hostile powers. I do not, however, believe that it is too late to stop the steady decline but it will take an extreme effort by the citizens of this country to turn things around. This is all just my opinion, of course, and perhaps my frustration is driving my pessimism.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-09-2013, 08:22 AM
I cannot fathom the logic that went into the decision to order a stand down. There is no way that the length of engagement could be predicted or even how wide spread the attack (whether fostered by a video or not) would be. Even if it would have taken 24 hours to get a force on scene, you don't wait to start the preparations for an operation like that .

The order to stand down goes far beyond just the special ops personnel close by. The entire military MUST have been ordered to stand down. The SecDef declaring that he did not want to send people into harms way without knowing the situation is pure, unadulterated bullshit. He knows damn well that the US military NEVER has 100% intelligence and we send soldiers, airmen, marines and sailors into harms way ALL THE TIME before knowing the entire story. The facts we know so far indicate that the order to stand down had to come from the top (the CiC to be specific). No one else could order the US Air Force to not prepare for operations or the Special Ops community to not intervene.

Further, the excuses we are expected to believe (we wouldn't get there in time???) are just plain idiotic. Again, there is no way anyone could predict how long the action would last, what other forces the attackers could bring to bear or even if there were other attacks planned elsewhere in the same time span. The Secretary of State's comment about "what difference does it make" clearly demonstrates that the current administration has a callous regard for the US citizen, regardless of position in life. If the American people let this situation stand, let it pass into oblivion without demanding not only answers but justice as well, then the US truly has gone over the edge and cannot last much longer as a free and sovereign nation.

Great post... Good to see that we agree on that bolded above.. Obama getting a second term pretty much pointed out how far this nation has fallen. If he gets to finish out his second term I believe the stage with be set for our destruction that can not be undone. He should be impeasched and tried for treason IMHO. -Tyr

fj1200
05-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Perhaps. I do believe that as we abdicate ever more individual freedoms for the sake of "security", surrender our economic well being to other nations and our elected officials become more and more selfish rather than selfless, we, as a nation, will become more and more vulnerable to the rising hostile powers (be they religious or foreign national). The "essence" of the US will be slowly destroyed adn this nation will become subservient to one or more of those hostile powers. I do not, however, believe that it is too late to stop the steady decline but it will take an extreme effort by the citizens of this country to turn things around. This is all just my opinion, of course, and perhaps my frustration is driving my pessimism.

I don't think there's danger in becoming subservient but I agree that our "essence" has been diminished in many ways. I think we just need to separate societal changes from the realities of an incompetent executive. We can survive the latter.

aboutime
05-09-2013, 02:30 PM

Anyone who calls themself an American citizen who honestly thinks THAT is Overstating such things. Needs to remind themselves about WHY they voted for Obama, and personally hates their own nation so much.
Reality is a real threat to such people.

fj1200
05-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Anyone who calls themself an American citizen who honestly thinks THAT is Overstating such things. Needs to remind themselves about WHY they voted for Obama, and personally hates their own nation so much.

:dunno: Complete sentences would actually help someone determine just what in the world you're trying to say.

red states rule
05-09-2013, 04:10 PM

Did not take loan for the Obama lovers to come to his defense AT

I am waiting for them to blame Bush for the attack

fj1200
05-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Who was defending BO? :dunno:

aboutime
05-09-2013, 04:17 PM
:dunno: Complete sentences would actually help someone determine just what in the world you're trying to say.

Poor baby. Having trouble with the English language while pretending to be the grammar cop never seems to work.

fj1200
05-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Poor baby. Having trouble with the English language while pretending to be the grammar cop never seems to work.

Neither does your attempt at making an intelligent point.

Kathianne
05-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Yep.

But he won't and no media or electorate is going to make him. I wish we were wrong, but there's a history.

aboutime
05-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Neither does your attempt at making an intelligent point.

For the last time. Thank you, Pee Wee.

fj1200
05-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Thank you.

You're welcome. You're an idiot. :)

red states rule
05-10-2013, 02:49 AM
Much to the dismay of the Obama lovers and defenders, the facts clearly show their was a sloppy coverup invented to shield Obama from blame until after the election

Ron Fournier, late of AP and now of National Journal, opines that Benghazi could be a "big blow" to the credibility of both President Obama and Secretary Clinton. (http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/why-benghazi-is-a-blow-to-obama-and-clinton-20130509) Rather than simply call the story "nothing" like so many of his brethren in the press, Fournier at least concedes that it's damaging both to Obama and Clinton. (Perhaps we could call it a press version of a "limited, modified hangout.")

But Fournier stops far, far short. Although he's right to condemn Republican "overreaching" -- Watergate comparisons and heated rhetoric make it seem like the GOP is more interested in politics than facts -- he is absolutely wrong to insist all the potential damage stems from the duo's behavior in the aftermath of the attacks, the misbegotten efforts to scrub any hint of terrorism from the official record.

There are two different parts to the Benghazi scandal.

Part 1 - Whether any effort was made to rescue Americans in harm's way in an insufficiently secured location

Part 2 - The coverup of what really happened and why

Fournier insists that:

Republicans would be wise to stop . . . second-guessing decisions made in the fog of war. Most voters likely will accept the judgment of the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who has said there was no way to provide military reinforcements in time.
But that's either willfully or inadvertently missing the point. No one is trying to micromanage strategic decisions that the President or Clinton made. We're actually trying to find (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/carolplattliebau/2013/05/09/benghazi-a-twopart-scandal-n1592163#) out what those decisions were, and whether they involved simply standing by and watching our ambassador and other Americans be attacked and ultimately killed.
On the one hand, the President has said that we did everything in our power to help those under attack. At an October 26 interview, he said the following (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/carolplattliebau/2013/05/09/benghazi-a-twopart-scandal-n1592163#):

[T]he minute I found out what was happening [in Benghazi], I gave three very clear directives. Number one, make sure that we are securing our personnel and doing whatever we need to.
Yet the former top diplomat in Libya testified that four US Special Forces troops in Tripoli had planned to ride along on the Libyan C-130 that was headed to Benghazi -- but were told by someone with United States Africa Command that they were to stand down although they were ready to go and could have arrived in time to help.

The coverup -- jailing a moviemaker here in America to hide the terrorist motivation of the attacks -- is clear. But the press needs to take the time and the trouble to understand every aspect of the issue . . . and that, to most Americans, the failure to make any effort to rescue Americans serving their country in harm's way is every bit as repugnant as the lying that appears to have happened afterwards.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/carolplattliebau/2013/05/09/benghazi-a-twopart-scandal-n1592163

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-11-2013, 12:02 PM
But he won't and no media or electorate is going to make him. I wish we were wrong, but there's a history.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kathianne again.

red states rule
05-11-2013, 12:09 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kathianne again.

I will try and take care of that for you Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-11-2013, 12:12 PM
I will try and take care of that for you Tyr

Thanks amigo. Will return the favor someday..-Tyr

red states rule
05-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Thanks amigo. Will return the favor someday..-Tyr

Consider it done pal

Kat deserved it and she got it