PDA

View Full Version : cops mistake tomato plants for POT

revelarts
05-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Marijuana mix-up: Brooklyn building superintendent & cops at first mistake tomato plants for pot

....Cops were just as puzzled.

“When the police officer came he couldn't tell right away, either,” said Delarosa.

The owner of the plants has not been identified, and the investigation has been closed.

Experts don’t know how the cops could have confused the two.
“They’re not the same species; they’re not the same genus. I don’t even think they’re part of the same family,” said Mikeal Roose, chairman of Botany and Plant Sciences at the University of California, Riverside. “It’s very hard for me to see that somebody could (confuse the two). If you put the leaves side by side, you wouldn’t be able to mistake them.”
Cops eventually got hip to the difference and closed the investigation, leaving the tomatoes alone.
The unidentified owner of the tomato stash won’t have to deal with the cops but he will have to deal with his super, who said he’d lock the door to the roof.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cops-mistake-tomato-plants-pot-article-1.1338781#ixzz2SqSBebcA

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1338771.1368059483%21/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/pot9n-10-web.jpg

NY Police seem to think everything is pot, and everyone loves pot.
can't tell when something is good and for life or if it's POT when they are looking right at it!

...Not even in the same species...
At least the NYPD in this story wised up.

aboutime
05-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Funny stuff. Now I wonder how many of the new, thankful pot smokers in Colorado, and other legal pot states have that sudden urge for Lettuce, and Bacon after puffing on what they THOUGHT was pot????

Voted4Reagan
05-09-2013, 08:20 PM
The tomatoes may be in the process of being grown to make Sauce for a Pizza to cure Pot Munchies...

Further investigation is needed!!!!!!

funny story

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Marijuana mix-up: Brooklyn building superintendent & cops at first mistake tomato plants for pot

“When the police officer came he couldn't tell right away, either,” said Delarosa.

The owner of the plants has not been identified, and the investigation has been closed.

“They’re not the same species; they’re not the same genus. I don’t even think they’re part of the same family,” said Mikeal Roose, chairman of Botany and Plant Sciences at the University of California, Riverside. “It’s very hard for me to see that somebody could (confuse the two). If you put the leaves side by side, you wouldn’t be able to mistake them.”
Cops eventually got hip to the difference and closed the investigation, leaving the tomatoes alone.
The unidentified owner of the tomato stash won’t have to deal with the cops but he will have to deal with his super, who said he’d lock the door to the roof.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cops-mistake-tomato-plants-pot-article-1.1338781#ixzz2SqSBebcA

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1338771.1368059483%21/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/pot9n-10-web.jpg

can't tell when something is good and for life or if it's POT when they are looking right at it!

Man I love tomatoes. Used to go buy a half dozen nice ripe ones slice 'em up salt,pepper and add Louisiana hot sauce on 'em, eat em just like that. Always had onion, lettuce and tomato on any hamburger/cheeseburger I ordered. My daughter has been doing the exact same thing for 20 years now since she was 4 years old.
I've never ever planted a garden that didnt include at least 20 tomato plants and sometimes went as far as planting 40.

Never thought a tomato plant looked like pot. Somebody was operating on massive ignorance of tomato and pot plant too.--Tyr

logroller
05-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Just tomatoes-- phew-- close one. But this is a wake up call. It could have very easily been corn...knowing that's a precursor for pop manufacture, they'd of been justified in searching ever apartment in the place, then lock up every fat person indeterminately and get them to confess the truth of their evil deeds...we've got to eliminate the scourge infesting our cities. ;)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Just tomatoes-- phew-- close one. But this is a wake up call. It could have very easily been corn...knowing that's a precursor for pop manufacture, they'd of been justified in searching ever apartment in the place, then lock up every fat person indeterminately and get them to confess the truth of their evil deeds...we've got to eliminate the scourge infesting our cities. ;)

Quick get Doomberg on the case. That dumbass chump NEEDS ANOTHER HOBBY.-Tyr

Missileman
05-09-2013, 09:30 PM

Damned neo-con tomato-heads! :laugh2:

Robert A Whit
05-09-2013, 10:00 PM

A client owned a cute 2 br home that I listed. They also had way back in the backyard, some plants. Agents viewing the home whispered to me, those plants are pot. I said they are tomato plants. Had it sold,the owner planned to remove them.

The sale of those plants paid for a new car for his wife's mother.

They proceeded to buy the much larger home with pool that I had put up for sale and they live in it to this day.

logroller
05-09-2013, 10:42 PM
A client owned a cute 2 br home that I listed. They also had way back in the backyard, some plants. Agents viewing the home whispered to me, those plants are pot. I said they are tomato plants. Had it sold,the owner planned to remove them.

The sale of those plants paid for a new car for his wife's mother.

They proceeded to buy the much larger home with pool that I had put up for sale and they live in it to this day.
That's funny. Along those lines, as an express courier in the midst of the real estate boom I frequently delivered loan documents. I'd often just stick around while they signed them and then schedule a pickup to save the return trip. One time I went to a house and they told me that upon inspection by the lender the appraiser had flagged their application. They were all too willing to share their story and show me around the two rooms dedicated to growing marijuana in accordance with California's prop 215. They had to send the lender proof of their prescription and that's what I was picking up. I can tell you though, they didn't look like they needed a prescription, but then again, half the people I see with handicapped placards don't look like they need it either. It's a racket, but at least it's directed at those who indulge; unlike incarceration: we all pay for that.

Robert A Whit
05-09-2013, 11:43 PM
That's funny. Along those lines, as an express courier in the midst of the real estate boom I frequently delivered loan documents. I'd often just stick around while they signed them and then schedule a pickup to save the return trip. One time I went to a house and they told me that upon inspection by the lender the appraiser had flagged their application. They were all too willing to share their story and show me around the two rooms dedicated to growing marijuana in accordance with California's prop 215. They had to send the lender proof of their prescription and that's what I was picking up. I can tell you though, they didn't look like they needed a prescription, but then again, half the people I see with handicapped placards don't look like they need it either. It's a racket, but at least it's directed at those who indulge; unlike incarceration: we all pay for that.

I have used that type service a few times. Usually my clients go to the title/escrow company and sign papers there. I always read the entire papers earlier. When i was appraising homes, i was not told to snitch on pot growers. I quit that in 1997 so perhaps the law is forcing this on the appraisers today. i have represented a lot of various types of buyers or sellers. One client had an assignment in S. Cal and managed to get reassigned to San Francisco. He managed property for the Feds. In the middle of the transaction, suddenly he vanished. It took about a week for him to come out again.

OK, the man managed Nixon's western white house and the FBI picked him up at work in SF to grill him over what he knew about Nixon's dealings over the Watergate case.

People can claim a lot but his pay was from the Feds and on his living room wall were hanging photos taken by Nixon's photographer of my client with Nixon holding his children. That was the human side of Nixon.

jimnyc
05-10-2013, 11:56 AM

I know you're making a point, so don't bite my head off! Just wanted to say, tomato plants really do resemble marijuana plants to those not being plant experts. I had the opposite experience. I tried growing a pot plant once and my Mom thought it was a tomato plant!

logroller
05-10-2013, 12:27 PM
I know you're making a point, so don't bite my head off! Just wanted to say, tomato plants really do resemble marijuana plants to those not being plant experts. I had the opposite experience. I tried growing a pot plant once and my Mom thought it was a tomato plant!
Maybe at the first and second leaf stage, but by the time the leaves look palmate (like a hand) it's pretty obvious the difference. I though it was funny the super says "I'm no expert on plants....so I called the cops". Cops aren't experts on plants either. He shoulda just thrown them away and been done with it. Instead he snitches on vegetables; what a tool.

aboutime
05-10-2013, 12:32 PM
The tomatoes may be in the process of being grown to make Sauce for a Pizza to cure Pot Munchies...

Further investigation is needed!!!!!!

funny story

V4R. It's really a wonder, based on the lack of education across this nation. How those who brag about using pot haven't noticed any difference in their WEED which MAY HAVE BEEN tomato leaves. But the glory of outsmarting the law, and satisfying the MUNCHIES could obscure what they are actually smoking.
Who knows? If they get high enough. They would smoke Horse Manure and never know the difference???

logroller
05-10-2013, 12:47 PM
V4R. It's really a wonder, based on the lack of education across this nation. How those who brag about using pot haven't noticed any difference in their WEED which MAY HAVE BEEN tomato leaves. But the glory of outsmarting the law, and satisfying the MUNCHIES could obscure what they are actually smoking.
Who knows? If they get high enough. They would smoke Horse Manure and never know the difference???
There's little to no active cannibinoid in the leaves. So one might as well smoke tomato leaves, it'll have the same non-effect as smoking pot leaves.

jimnyc
05-10-2013, 12:49 PM
There's little to no active cannibinoid in the leaves. So one might as well smoke tomato leaves, it'll have the same non-effect as smoking pot leaves.

Yep, mine never left the small leaf stage. Until they make 'buds', they are just a useless plant.

aboutime
05-10-2013, 12:49 PM

Confuse the point if it makes you feel more intelligent. I'm sure. Sharper, more intelligent people knew what I was talking about.

If you feel good about arguing over leaves. Knock yourself out.

logroller
05-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Confuse the point if it makes you feel more intelligent. I'm sure. Sharper, more intelligent people knew what I was talking about.

i wasn't arguing, I was explaining the factual errors in your post.
If you feel good calling people stupid to pump up your own ego in complete defiance to reason and fact, go right ahead. Or, you can learn the facts of the matter and reason like an adult that doesn't wear diapers.

aboutime
05-10-2013, 01:00 PM
i wasn't arguing, I was explaining the factual errors in your post.
If you feel good calling people stupid to pump up your own ego in complete defiance to reason and fact, go right ahead. Or, you can learn the facts of the matter and reason like an adult that doesn't wear diapers.

Thank you.

logroller
05-10-2013, 01:07 PM

Confuse the point? The center of the controversy hinged upon the leaves of two plants being confused, not that anybody was smoking them. Get a grip man. You're about ready to spin of this plane of reality....did I catch some reference to smoking manure???? Yup, that there is some smart talk alright. You should write a book; it'll be a shoe-in for a Caldecott medal.

aboutime
05-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Confuse the point? The center of the controversy hinged upon the leaves of two plants being confused, not that anybody was smoking them. Get a grip man. You're about ready to spin of this plane of reality....did I catch some reference to smoking manure???? Yup, that there is some smart talk alright. You should write a book; it'll be a shoe-in for a Caldecott medal.

Thank you.

jimnyc
05-10-2013, 01:15 PM
I used to get some good herb. I think most plants looked like weed after I smoked! :420:

logroller
05-10-2013, 01:41 PM
I used to get some good herb. I think most plants looked like weed after I smoked! :420:
I once drank so much Jaegermeister that I went blind. :wine::panicsmiley:
I woke up to a bj and I could see again. Not sure if that's what did it, but it sure didn't hurt any.

aboutime
05-10-2013, 01:46 PM
I woke up to a bj and I could see again. Not sure if that's what did it, but it sure didn't hurt any.

Tell us logroller. Since you are so proud. How long did it take you to get your head out of your own lap?

jimnyc
05-10-2013, 02:36 PM

Wow, and I thought I had the record for most Jager bombs in one evening, but at least I was still able to see!!

logroller
05-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Tell us logroller. Since you are so proud. How long did it take you to get your head out of your own lap?
I could do it with my back arched....or wait, that wasn't my back that was arched--it was yo mamma!!! :lol:
I have a joke for you-- A soldier and a sailor arrive at the pearly gates and God says to the two men, congratulations on making it here, I'm giving you your wings but Inmust caution you that you cannot have impure thoughts or you'll lose you wings. Just then, a beautiful woman walks by and the soldier's wings fall off. The soldier bends over to pick them up...and the sailor's wings fall off. ;)

Robert A Whit
05-10-2013, 04:07 PM

Things might be different now than say in 1980, but the first pot plants I ever saw resembled tomatoes to me. But I had not seen pot plants previously. At the time, I was maybe 30 or more feet above them standing on a deck and they were probably 60-70 feet downhill close to a fence. A sharp eyed agent told me they were pot.

aboutime
05-10-2013, 04:38 PM
I could do it with my back arched....or wait, that wasn't my back that was arched--it was yo mamma!!! :lol:
I have a joke for you-- A soldier and a sailor arrive at the pearly gates and God says to the two men, congratulations on making it here, I'm giving you your wings but Inmust caution you that you cannot have impure thoughts or you'll lose you wings. Just then, a beautiful woman walks by and the soldier's wings fall off. The soldier bends over to pick them up...and the sailor's wings fall off. ;)

Good one! I have one as well. "Logroller."

taft2012
05-10-2013, 05:36 PM
A real "Man Bites Dog" story. If the headline was "Stoner Ripped Off When Sold Oregano Instead of Marijuana" it wouldn't even be news, would it? :laugh2:

logroller
05-10-2013, 05:54 PM
A real "Man Bites Dog" story. If the headline was "Stoner Ripped Off When Sold Oregano Instead of Marijuana" it wouldn't even be news, would it? :laugh2:

I don't know, it might. There's a recurring story of someone reporting stolen drugs to police.

http://m.wbtv.com/autojuice?targetUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wbtv.com%2fst ory%2f15711531%2fmen-ask-police-for-help-after-cocaine-and-pot-are-stolen
http://thebillfold.com/2012/05/officer-someone-stole-my-weed/
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=157208

jimnyc
05-10-2013, 06:08 PM

I read an article a week or so ago. A lady bought some drugs, but realized after the fact that it was the end of her money untill her next SS check. She proceeded to call 911 to have the police help her get a refund! I'll have to see if I can find a link...

jimnyc
05-10-2013, 06:09 PM
That was quick - http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/cocaine/drug-refund-911-call-765902

After handing over her last $50 to a drug dealer for cocaine and marijuana, a Florida woman suffering from buyer’s remorse called 911 and asked cops for help in securing a refund.

Katrina Tisdale, 47, explained to St. Petersburg police that she would be penniless until her next Social Security disability check arrived. Hence the pressing need to recover her $50 from the unnamed narcotics salesman.

revelarts
05-10-2013, 06:35 PM
A real "Man Bites Dog" story. If the headline was "Stoner Ripped Off When Sold Oregano Instead of Marijuana" it wouldn't even be news, would it? http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/smilies/laugh2.gif

I don't know, it might. There's a recurring story of someone reporting stolen drugs to police.

http://m.wbtv.com/autojuice?targetUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wbtv.com%2fst ory%2f15711531%2fmen-ask-police-for-help-after-cocaine-and-pot-are-stolen
http://thebillfold.com/2012/05/officer-someone-stole-my-weed/
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=157208

If drugs were made legal it'd be a legit call...
wonder how cops would feel arresting FAKE Pot dealers.
wonder what kinda time you'd get for that?