PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland kidnapper may face death penalty

red states rule
05-10-2013, 02:39 AM
This is great and I hope the bastard gets the death sentence. Of course, he will end up serving life on death row thanks to the bleeding hearts

Wait,” you say, “can’t he get the death penalty for kidnapping, imprisoning, and raping three girls over and over again (http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/09/cleveland-kidnapper-may-face-death-penalty-for-beating-pregnant-captive-until-she-miscarried/#) for 10 years?” Why, no. Our Supreme Court, in its wisdom, decided a few years ago that it would amount to cruel and unusual punishment to give the needle to a degenerate like this “merely” for raping children repeatedly. As a matter of constitutional law, due to society’s “evolving standards of decency,” (http://www.scotusblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/07-343.pdf) only a crime that results in death can carry a capital sentence. Which is interesting, because I’d bet (http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/09/cleveland-kidnapper-may-face-death-penalty-for-beating-pregnant-captive-until-she-miscarried/#) if you polled Americans today, you’d get upwards of 60-70 percent (and maybe more) to say that it’d be quite decent indeed to kill this guy, and not in a painless way like lethal injection either. Like I said (http://hotair.com/archives/2008/06/25/supreme-court-no-death-penalty-for-child-rape/) when that SCOTUS decision was handed down, the irony of barring the death penalty for child-rapists due to “evolving standards” is that American society’s become much more sensitive to the psychological damage done to the victims of sexual crimes, especially when the victim is a child. The public’s “evolved” towards a fuller appreciation of the toll taken on the innocent and may, understandably, desire a penalty commensurate with that toll. But it can’t have it, even in a case like this where there’s zero doubt as to guilt or innocence.

So why is the prosecutor in Cleveland talking about death anyway? Because: Under Ohio law, killing a woman’s child when it’s in the womb — if it’s against her wishes — constitutes aggravated murder. Which, apparently, is what Castro did. Five separate times (http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2013/05/09/what-went-on-in-clevelands-house-of-horrors/):

The police report described a nightmare scenario in which Ms. Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight were taken to Mr. Castro’s home and chained in the basement. Although the chains were later removed and they moved upstairs, they were all forced to have sex with Mr. Castro, the women told police.
Ms. Knight told police she had become pregnant five times, with Mr. Castro starving her and punching her in the stomach each time until she miscarried, according to the report.

Ms. Berry told police she had given birth to her daughter, Jocelyn, in a plastic pool. Ms. Knight described delivering the baby and reviving her at one point with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, under threat of death from Mr. Castro if she let the child die, according to the report.
Ms. DeJesus also said she had sex with Mr. Castro, but told police she didn’t think she had become pregnant.
One of the victims’ cousins told the NYT (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/09/us/cleveland-kidnapping.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0) that he would serve them cake on the anniversary of their kidnappings to celebrate their abductions. That’s what we’re dealing with here.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/09/cleveland-kidnapper-may-face-death-penalty-for-beating-pregnant-captive-until-she-miscarried/

jimnyc
05-10-2013, 11:58 AM
This guy kidnapped 3 young girls. He raped them repeatedly FOR TEN YEARS. He stole their childhoods from them. I give him a maximum of 2 years in prison before someone kills him. Look at Dahmer, even prisoners have certain lines that they don't cross.

Abbey Marie
05-10-2013, 12:05 PM
I don't know if there is punishment enough for this sub-human pathetic excuse for a man. For starters, I think he should be his cell-mate's "wife" for a couple of years, and the guards should look the other way.

aboutime
05-10-2013, 12:35 PM
I don't know if there is punishment enough for this sub-human pathetic excuse for a man. For starters, I think he should be his cell-mate's "wife" for a couple of years, and the guards should look the other way.

Abbey. Totally agree. I heard early this morning. That PIECE OF CRAP punched one of the pregnant girls until she Miscarried, not once, but several times.

Hopefully. This scum bag will get his Rewards in prison..long before WE THE PEOPLE have to pay for his room, and board.

red states rule
05-11-2013, 02:31 AM

Hell, the guards should add it some more "wife's" and let all of them have "fun" with him

There is nothing over the top or too cruel for this piece of human garbage

But when the time come to kill him, I think smearing his body with honey and tieing him down on top of an anthill would be fine.

Gaffer
05-11-2013, 09:24 AM
This did not involve anything interstate so it's purely a state issue. I'm pretty sure he's going to get the death penalty. But if not I give him six months after he arrives a Lucasville before he gets a shank in his back. Lucasville houses the worst of the worst. Death row is also located there. If he gets a life sentence his life will be shorter than if he were put on death row.

tailfins
05-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Abbey. Totally agree. I heard early this morning. That PIECE OF CRAP punched one of the pregnant girls until she Miscarried, not once, but several times.

Hopefully. This scum bag will get his Rewards in prison..long before WE THE PEOPLE have to pay for his room, and board.

Why is there all this reaction and news coverage? While I support applying applicable law, including the death penalty if it meets statutory criteria, this is happening by the thousands on a daily basis in North Korea. Where's the outrage about similar things happening daily there and there is little focus on stopping it?

red states rule
05-11-2013, 11:50 AM
This did not involve anything interstate so it's purely a state issue. I'm pretty sure he's going to get the death penalty. But if not I give him six months after he arrives a Lucasville before he gets a shank in his back. Lucasville houses the worst of the worst. Death row is also located there. If he gets a life sentence his life will be shorter than if he were put on death row.

If the inmates get to him, I do hope he suffers a great deal of pain, and dies a slow death

Gaffer
05-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Why is there all this reaction and news coverage? While I support applying applicable law, including the death penalty if it meets statutory criteria, this is happening by the thousands on a daily basis in North Korea. Where's the outrage about similar things happening daily there and there is little focus on stopping it?

For those of us here in Ohio this is big news. And it didn't get the coverage it should have at first.

As for NK, what do you propose we do about it? Invade? Nuke em? China might have something to say about that, they condone what NK does. How about the sex slave trade that was going on in Virginia concerning saudi's the report got squelched by the govt. Where is the out rage. The govt can watch all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of time, but they can't watch all of the people all of time. And that's a good thing.

WiccanLiberal
05-11-2013, 01:04 PM

Totally agree with the last statement. I have never favored capital punishment. I believe that the best way to deal with the worst is to lock em up and throw away the key. With any death penalty case, the perpetrator gets too much time in court and in the public eye and the process is too long and drawn out. Lock the door and say DONE. The really bad ones seem to somehow find their own justice - like Dahmer.

red states rule
05-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Totally agree with the last statement. I have never favored capital punishment. I believe that the best way to deal with the worst is to lock em up and throw away the key. With any death penalty case, the perpetrator gets too much time in court and in the public eye and the process is too long and drawn out. Lock the door and say DONE. The really bad ones seem to somehow find their own justice - like Dahmer.

Yea, lets have more people like Charles Manson and members of his "family"

Living off the overtaxed taxpayers for over 50 years

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-11-2013, 01:13 PM

I agree with that except the death penalty part. I am all for it when its applied in cases where there is not a solitary shred of doubt as to the defendant's guilt and in cases were the death penalty is a legal option. -Tyr

red states rule
05-11-2013, 01:14 PM
I agree with that except the death penalty part. I am all for it when its applied in cases where there is not a solitary shred of doubt as to the defendant's guilt and in cases were the death penalty is a legal option. -Tyr

With DNA the bleeding hearts can no longer rant how "innocent" people will be put to death

I am for the death penalty and wish it was the law of the land

Gaffer
05-11-2013, 03:15 PM
With DNA the bleeding hearts can no longer rant how "innocent" people will be put to death

I am for the death penalty and wish it was the law of the land

It is the law of the land Red, it's just not used frequently enough. And in some cases not used by certain liberal run states. Which I think is what you were referring too.

As for someone like Manson he stays in protective custody so no one can get at him. If he ever went into regular population he wouldn't last a week and he knows it.

red states rule
05-12-2013, 03:05 AM
It is the law of the land Red, it's just not used frequently enough. And in some cases not used by certain liberal run states. Which I think is what you were referring too.

As for someone like Manson he stays in protective custody so no one can get at him. If he ever went into regular population he wouldn't last a week and he knows it.

Correct Gaffer

Well here in MD the libs banned the death penalty

So criminals can go out, slaughter as many people as they can before being captured, and be taken care of at taxpayer expense for the rest of their lives

I have read where Manson has been caught three times with a cell phone and has run ins with other inmates. I did not know he was in protective custody. The bottom line is he has cost CA taxpayers how many millions?

Gaffer
05-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Correct Gaffer

Well here in MD the libs banned the death penalty

So criminals can go out, slaughter as many people as they can before being captured, and be taken care of at taxpayer expense for the rest of their lives

I have read where Manson has been caught three times with a cell phone and has run ins with other inmates. I did not know he was in protective custody. The bottom line is he has cost CA taxpayers how many millions?

In prisons the inmates go after high profile prisoners not for what crimes they committed so much as the notoriety they get within the prison from offing the guy. Child molesters being the exception.

red states rule
05-12-2013, 07:42 AM
In prisons the inmates go after high profile prisoners not for what crimes they committed so much as the notoriety they get within the prison from offing the guy. Child molesters being the exception.

Thanks for the heads up Gaffer

As I said yesterday, it's great to you back.