PDA

View Full Version : just in case this pisses somebody off .

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-11-2013, 01:01 PM
I am posting this here because the other thread was closed as I was composing this reply.

I did go back and read many of the posts of member now long since gone. and I do see it got quieter, but only from declining numbers and not through dialog, courtesy and understanding. Far fewer members contribute now then they did 2 years ago. and there are almost no people from the LEFT that post with any regularity to be major contributors. Gone are the Windsong's, ConHogs, Gabby's and countless others.. Illf this becomes a conservative only board it will be a dull and lifeless place. we need all voices to be heard and all opinions expressed without allowing hatred, anger or emotion to dictate the tone.

Let Facts and cited materials prove the points. Read Roberts Rules of Order and other basic debate texts and learn how to debate wisely and leave partisan rhetoric at the door.

Who is with me?

More debate is a good thing, less personal insulting is too. However for a forum to be interesting the flavor of heated exchanges is a necessary part IMHO. Character and interestig posting should not be so intrusively hampered as to run members off. However relentless dogging and personal insulting in every thread regardless of the original topic at hand is not the same thing as passionate debate and even passionately inspired jabs. For example joe hates john because john is pro abortion. Then proceeds to blast john about his pro-abortion stand in threads about car repair, gun confiscation, favorite music, space exploration, military spending, etc.

Sure most of us have at one time or another has had heated exchanges with others here but less would be better.
Also repeated insults about politicians, political policies and political parties are to be allowed simply because this is a political discussion forum. When it's about member to member blasting its an entirely different story IMHO. I have been guilty so not claiming any exemption myself. I have recently modified my replies to be less rude and more informational in regards to the topic at hand..

IMHO we do have to be cautious about insisting on too much toning down(going too far with banning is an example) because remember a dull forum keeps losing members too. A hard balancing act always but a necessary one. -Tyr

Robert A Whit
05-11-2013, 01:09 PM
[SIZE=4]I am posting this here because the other thread was closed as I was composing this reply.

More debate is a good thing, less personal insulting is too. However for a forum to be interesting the flavor of heated exchanges is a necessary part IMHO. Character and interestig posting should not be so intrusively hampered as to run members off. However relentless dogging and personal insulting in every thread regardless of the original topic at hand is not the same thing as passionate debate and even passionately inspired jabs. For example joe hates john because john is pro abortion. Then proceeds to blast john about his pro-abortion stand in threads about car repair, gun confiscation, favorite music, space exploration, military spending, etc.

Sure most of us have at one time or another has had heated exchanges with others here but less would be better.
Also repeated insults about politicians, political policies and political parties are to be allowed simply because this is a political discussion forum. When it's about member to member blasting its an entirely different story IMHO. I have been guilty so not claiming any exemption myself. I have recently modified my replies to be less rude and more informational in regards to the topic at hand..

IMHO we do have to be cautious about insisting on too much toning down(going too far with banning is an example) because remember a dull forum keeps losing members too. A hard balancing act always but a necessary one. -Tyr

Well stated Tyr.

jimnyc
05-11-2013, 01:18 PM
[SIZE=4]I am posting this here because the other thread was closed as I was composing this reply.

I'll agree with that. When speaking politics, there will ALWAYS be passion and those who don't care for the others opinion or the other person at all. But we're all adult enough to know when enough is enough, when it went from passion to personal and when it's being disruptive to the board.

aboutime
05-19-2013, 06:43 PM
I'll agree with that. When speaking politics, there will ALWAYS be passion and those who don't care for the others opinion or the other person at all. But we're all adult enough to know when enough is enough, when it went from passion to personal and when it's being disruptive to the board.

Personally speaking. I have grown very disappointed with what is allowed to take place, and what isn't allowed to take place here.

Sometimes, I even wonder whether the former forum I took part in for more than six years...hasn't damaged, or attempted to damage this one in the very same way.

Guess that's one of the hazards of growing older, and expecting to find honorable, civil adults who aren't looking for that Infamous 15 minutes of personal fame that nobody really cares about hearing.

It no longer matters what anyone thinks, or has any opinion about. Make one tiny mistake and everybody is ready to do Battle for whatever reasons they happen to be unhappy, or miserable about...at the moment.

Sorry Jim. This is all yours. I apologize for thinking I might find what I had hoped to find here.

BillyBob
05-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Personally speaking. I have grown very disappointed with what is allowed to take place, and what isn't allowed to take place here.

Sometimes, I even wonder whether the former forum I took part in for more than six years...hasn't damaged, or attempted to damage this one in the very same way.

Guess that's one of the hazards of growing older, and expecting to find honorable, civil adults who aren't looking for that Infamous 15 minutes of personal fame that nobody really cares about hearing.

It no longer matters what anyone thinks, or has any opinion about. Make one tiny mistake and everybody is ready to do Battle for whatever reasons they happen to be unhappy, or miserable about...at the moment.

Sorry Jim. This is all yours. I apologize for thinking I might find what I had hoped to find here.

I've only been here a few days, but for my unbiased view, you are one of the worst offenders here of board disruption. You don't discuss topics, you derail threads with personal remarks about the posters you don't like.

To complain about this board that you are participating in ruining is pretty hypocritical of you.

aboutime
05-19-2013, 07:01 PM
I've only been here a few days, but for my unbiased view, you are one of the worst offenders here of board disruption. You don't discuss topics, you derail threads with personal remarks about the posters you don't like.

To complain about this board that you are participating in ruining is pretty hypocritical of you.

Yep. You are correct. Now what? Children are supposed to be SEEN, and not HEARD. Use that as your starting point here, and you might see a change.

BillyBob
05-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Yep. You are correct. Now what? Children are supposed to be SEEN, and not HEARD. Use that as your starting point here, and you might see a change.

Wow, why so pissy? Somebody steal your wheelchair again?

hjmick
05-19-2013, 07:40 PM
I have but one question...

When did the members of this board get so damn whiney?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-19-2013, 08:22 PM
I have but one question...

When did the members of this board get so damn whiney?

I am guessing right after they ate some of that special "cheese"....:laugh:

The point about all this whining is dead on IMHO. HOW ABOUT STAYING ON TOPIC MORE, LACING IN THE BARBS WHILE POSTING AN ON TOPIC REPLY?

Always seemed to work quite well before and was even entertaining if the lacing was cleverly and effectively done.

All this , "yo' mamma is too" type stuff entertains nobody and damn sure informs nobody.

The whine now outperforms the cheese at about a 50 to 1 ratio.--Tyr

Kathianne
05-19-2013, 08:55 PM
I am guessing right after they ate some of that special "cheese"....:laugh:

The point about all this whining is dead on IMHO. HOW ABOUT STAYING ON TOPIC MORE, LACING IN THE BARBS WHILE POSTING AN ON TOPIC REPLY?

Always seemed to work quite well before and was even entertaining if the lacing was cleverly and effectively done.

All this , "yo' mamma is too" type stuff entertains nobody and damn sure informs nobody.

The whine now outperforms the cheese at about a 50 to 1 ratio.--Tyr

Indeed. It would help if those with nothing to add to a topic, would just skip those and move onto those they can contribute to. Just jumping in with 'barbs' that bring nothing to the table is a waste of all of our time. Not entertaining, certainly not enlightening.

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 10:29 AM

You complain if I thread ban you or others when the nonsense is going on. Then you complain that too much is allowed to take place. Quite honestly, you are one of the ones that is involved in the quarreling much of the time. Then you complain when those you fight with actually fight back. And no, you are not alone in this. But if you all took A FEW SECONDS to place people on ignore that you don't like, instead of fighting and complaining about the board, the problems go away. If you don't want to do that, or if you choose to engage in the fighting, then don't come down to the cage and start blaming me for what I am not involved in.

If I thread ban people - wrong
outright ban people - wrong
ask people to stop fighting - wrong
let everything go - wrong

ask people to be mature and ignore, or use the ignore function - apparently I'm out of my mind

Blame me all you like, but it's not me in all of those threads getting into shit throwing contests.

Marcus Aurelius
05-20-2013, 11:33 AM
You complain if I thread ban you or others when the nonsense is going on. Then you complain that too much is allowed to take place. Quite honestly, you are one of the ones that is involved in the quarreling much of the time. Then you complain when those you fight with actually fight back. And no, you are not alone in this. But if you all took A FEW SECONDS to place people on ignore that you don't like, instead of fighting and complaining about the board, the problems go away. If you don't want to do that, or if you choose to engage in the fighting, then don't come down to the cage and start blaming me for what I am not involved in.

ask people to be mature and ignore, or use the ignore function - apparently I'm out of my mind

Blame me all you like, but it's not me in all of those threads getting into shit throwing contests.

If a moderator thread bans/perm bans/says stop fighting/does nothing, and no sane person is there to hear him, is he still wrong?

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 11:37 AM
If a moderator thread bans/perm bans/says stop fighting/does nothing, and no sane person is there to hear him, is he still wrong?

First rule in moderator club - you are ALWAYS wrong

^^ True story!

Marcus Aurelius
05-20-2013, 12:02 PM
First rule in moderator club - you are ALWAYS wrong

^^ True story!

I thought the first rule in Moderator Club was 'you don't talk about Moderator Club'. ;)

Robert A Whit
05-20-2013, 01:10 PM

Why is this in the cage?

I had to go back to figure it out. No person is being fought with. No taunting. Just a very decent post.

I wondered because my post got stuffed in this hell hole too and I had only said Tyr posted a very fine post. Even my comment did not belong in the cage.

I know I did not post my comment in the cage and I do not believe Tyr had either.

Marcus Aurelius
05-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Why is this in the cage?

I had to go back to figure it out. No person is being fought with. No taunting. Just a very decent post.

I wondered because my post got stuffed in this hell hole too and I had only said Tyr posted a very fine post. Even my comment did not belong in the cage.

I know I did not post my comment in the cage and I do not believe Tyr had either.

asked and answered in the 1st post, dumbass...

I am posting this here because the other thread was closed as I was composing this reply.

aboutime
05-20-2013, 01:24 PM

jimnyc. I won't blame you for choosing WHICH shit is good to throw by some, and not as good by others.
Most of us...speaking for myself only here. Have literally bent over backwards to obey, and follow your suggestions by using the IGNORE feature...even you....are smart enough by now to know...IS A JOKE.
Yes. This is your forum. You own it. And there's nothing anyone wants more than to have a successful forum for you.
Problem is. If we follow your suggestions. WE DO...and nothing takes place...other than you coming out to warn us again with using IGNORE...while YOU Ignore the real troublemakers...and insist...if we have a problem. Let admin know.
That has been done, and tried. And still. The same people seem to overrule .... even you. Because you want to be the FORUM version of RODNEY KING...."can't we all just get along?"
Others here who instantly call MY WORDS like this...WHINY, have you in their hands, and you would rather punish those who support you than make enemies by punishing the rule breakers who accuse everyone else first.
I apologize, and honestly feel sorry that your Forum idea's...RODNEY KING style...just doesn't work unless you are willing to apply YOUR RULES to everyone. And you can tell us till the cows come home...that is what you are doing.

Which explains why....nearly every week. Someone creeps into the forum, and makes You, and everyone else look like a FOOL.
I honestly did enjoy coming here AT ONE TIME.
But that enjoyment has gone away because I never expected to find TWO WEBSITES called FORUMS where children, and school yard antics rule.

I fully realize you will, and must disagree with everything I said above. As will all of the expected WHINERs who will come here to declare I am your problem, and not them.
Frankly. I don't give a crap anymore.
Talking with the teenagers in my neighborhood...who actually talk, and do not find reasons to fight with each other. Have demonstrated FAR MORE Adult traits than any I have been seeing here lately.
Too bad for you.

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Why is this in the cage?

Why, because he posted it here, how's that? Another thread was closed, and Tyr wanted to add something to it. Please don't question why threads are closed and why posts are moved. It's bad enough I have to clean things up so often, I'm not giving explanations out each and every time. If posts are in here, it's because people posted them here, or they were moved.

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 02:54 PM
jimnyc. I won't blame you for choosing WHICH shit is good to throw by some, and not as good by others.
Most of us...speaking for myself only here. Have literally bent over backwards to obey, and follow your suggestions by using the IGNORE feature...even you....are smart enough by now to know...IS A JOKE.
Yes. This is your forum. You own it. And there's nothing anyone wants more than to have a successful forum for you.
Problem is. If we follow your suggestions. WE DO...and nothing takes place...other than you coming out to warn us again with using IGNORE...while YOU Ignore the real troublemakers...and insist...if we have a problem. Let admin know.
That has been done, and tried. And still. The same people seem to overrule .... even you. Because you want to be the FORUM version of RODNEY KING...."can't we all just get along?"
Others here who instantly call MY WORDS like this...WHINY, have you in their hands, and you would rather punish those who support you than make enemies by punishing the rule breakers who accuse everyone else first.
I apologize, and honestly feel sorry that your Forum idea's...RODNEY KING style...just doesn't work unless you are willing to apply YOUR RULES to everyone. And you can tell us till the cows come home...that is what you are doing.

Which explains why....nearly every week. Someone creeps into the forum, and makes You, and everyone else look like a FOOL.
I honestly did enjoy coming here AT ONE TIME.
But that enjoyment has gone away because I never expected to find TWO WEBSITES called FORUMS where children, and school yard antics rule.

I fully realize you will, and must disagree with everything I said above. As will all of the expected WHINERs who will come here to declare I am your problem, and not them.
Frankly. I don't give a crap anymore.
Talking with the teenagers in my neighborhood...who actually talk, and do not find reasons to fight with each other. Have demonstrated FAR MORE Adult traits than any I have been seeing here lately.
Too bad for you.

The ignoring is a joke as it's never used. If used, there is nothing funny about, that member just takes the higher road and doesn't deal with the crap they claim to hate. Your claiming that stuff is a joke, and continuing to fight with people, is WAY more of an issue. And I'm not implying that it's only you. But if you claim you are innocent, and yet nothing is done, yank my other chain and it'll play Jingle Bells for you.

You are consistently in the cage fighting. You are consistently tossing jabs at people around the board. And it's somehow MY fault? You say that YOU DO what I ask, regarding the fights. I'll bet you $100 right here and now, that I can find you in the midst of flaming with other members, no less than 50x in the past 30 days. If I bring that up, and others agree, then you pay up. If I can't, or the community disagrees, I'll gladly send you the $$$.

Don't take me for the fool you think. We KNOW who instigates, who replies and who is all involved in the perpetual fighting. Man up and own your portion at least.

Marcus Aurelius
05-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Why, because he posted it here, how's that?...

I liked my explanation better ;)

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Let me make this clearer, and chime in if this is unfair...

I asked people to stop the perpetual fighting in the good discussion and debate threads. Isn't that a good idea?

I asked that if someone TRULY had to fight with another and perhaps call them out, use this forum, the cage. Fair of me to allow both sides, no? One can post maturely OR get down and dirty, just pick the RIGHT forum. Isn't that a good idea?

If an entire thread sucks and is fighting from the onset, we move it to the cage. The participants are free to continue, in the correct forum. Isn't that a good and fair idea?

If someone or a group of people's posts are derailing a thread, we move those crap posts to the cage. This allows the good thread to continue. Good idea?

Members are able to continue posting in the cage where those posts were moved to. I believe that's fair, no?

They are removed from the original thread. I've asked 1,000,000 times for people to use this forum, and stop the fighting in the good threads. If they come here to begin with, all is cool. If they simply cannot listen, they get removed from the discussion and are allowed to continue here with their off topic crap. Sounds reasonable and fair to me, no?

I asked people to report posts instead of engaging others and starting fights. In this manner, staff looks at the reported post and takes action if necessary. ONLY the person with the offended post is even looked at. Fair?

If one doesn't report a post, takes matters into their own hands, and replies to stuff they don't like and ends up in a fight - they are now guilty as the other party of perpetuating the fighting. Make sense?

I really don't see what is unfair about the board. Everyone is given equal opportunities and everyone is treated equally. People are given a place to fight, and like adults we would like to keep the feuds out of good threads. I know some sarcasm, wit, bantering and usual crap will go on, and I have no issue with that. People being sarcastic in threads while debating doesn't ruin a thread. When people have an entire page of back and forth that doesn't even touch the topic, that's an issue.

But really, WHY do some come here? If it's to enjoy the board and discuss things, that's EASILY achievable without the fighting. The more people learn to use the ignore feature the less and less they see of what they don't like. Generally speaking, but not all, when someone refuses to use the ignore feature, they are likely to be one of those involved in the endless fighting. But yes, I have seen some that refuse to ignore, but are capable of not getting personal over and over with their fighting.

Robert A Whit
05-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Why, because he posted it here, how's that? Another thread was closed, and Tyr wanted to add something to it. Please don't question why threads are closed and why posts are moved. It's bad enough I have to clean things up so often, I'm not giving explanations out each and every time. If posts are in here, it's because people posted them here, or they were moved.

If he did it, I have no problem at all.

The way you scolded me, why the hell even say please?

You mean to tell me he put it here but I can't question him?

Marcus Aurelius
05-20-2013, 03:31 PM

My God, you are dense.

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 03:53 PM

You weren't questioning him, you were questioning things being moved here. Remember:

Why is this in the cage?

You assumed this thread was moved here by staff, hence your stating that there was no fighting, no taunting, decent post. Then you wondered aloud about your own posts being moved. Then you state that you know you did not post your comment here - BUT YOU DID. Tyr started this thread, the first post, right here in the cage. He stated as much in that first post. You replied to it - here in the cage. Now you're whining that the thread or your post was moved.

That's not a scolding, that was correcting lies to facts.

Robert A Whit
05-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Let me make this clearer, and chime in if this is unfair...

I asked people to stop the perpetual fighting in the good discussion and debate threads. Isn't that a good idea? (1)

I asked that if someone TRULY had to fight with another and perhaps call them out, use this forum, the cage. Fair of me to allow both sides, no? One can post maturely OR get down and dirty, just pick the RIGHT forum. Isn't that a good idea?(2)

If an entire thread sucks and is fighting from the onset, we move it to the cage. The participants are free to continue, in the correct forum. Isn't that a good and fair idea? (3)

If someone or a group of people's posts are derailing a thread, we move those crap posts to the cage. This allows the good thread to continue. Good idea? (4)

Members are able to continue posting in the cage where those posts were moved to. I believe that's fair, no? (5)

They are removed from the original thread. I've asked 1,000,000 times for people to use this forum, and stop the fighting in the good threads. If they come here to begin with, all is cool. If they simply cannot listen, they get removed from the discussion and are allowed to continue here with their off topic crap. Sounds reasonable and fair to me, no?
(6)
I asked people to report posts instead of engaging others and starting fights. In this manner, staff looks at the reported post and takes action if necessary. ONLY the person with the offended post is even looked at. Fair? (7)

If one doesn't report a post, takes matters into their own hands, and replies to stuff they don't like and ends up in a fight - they are now guilty as the other party of perpetuating the fighting. Make sense? (8)

I really don't see what is unfair about the board. Everyone is given equal opportunities and everyone is treated equally. People are given a place to fight, and like adults we would like to keep the feuds out of good threads. I know some sarcasm, wit, bantering and usual crap will go on, and I have no issue with that. People being sarcastic in threads while debating doesn't ruin a thread. When people have an entire page of back and forth that doesn't even touch the topic, that's an issue.

But really, WHY do some come here? If it's to enjoy the board and discuss things, that's EASILY achievable without the fighting. The more people learn to use the ignore feature the less and less they see of what they don't like. Generally speaking, but not all, when someone refuses to use the ignore feature, they are likely to be one of those involved in the endless fighting. But yes, I have seen some that refuse to ignore, but are capable of not getting personal over and over with their fighting.

To all I numbered, certainly it is true.

I put 3 posters on ignore and if you want the names, ask me. I took Kathianne off for now.Well, I added Anton. Now you know the 3.

We have a new poster that includes statements from those three and I do not block the new guy so what he posts is what I see.

I noticed when arrived here how AT posts and also how Marcus posted thought for a long time he was not posting much.

I asked AT last year if he wanted posters to like his posts and he virtually told me off and I now had a bullseye painted all over my posts. He can't

He started up the same crap with BillyBob.

I am not very good taking attacks. If I did something wrong, and as you say, they attack me in the cage, I can much easier ignore them even reading them than on the open forum. I can ignore them till hell freezes over but others show me some of their posts on the good forum as you call it.

I asked why Tyrs post is in the cage and had no idea he did it. I did not notice the name of the forum at first and did not know it was the cage on my first reply. Some posts are replied to on the good forum only to discover somebody put them in the cage and I just did not notice but my asking caused a good scolding by you. That makes no sense. I got dressed down for asking.

You said he did it but you acted as if you put it in the cage. I had no idea either that to you the cage is punishment. The way you dressed me down was not called for.

Using the ignore has not stopped them from slashing and burning me but i do not see you lashing out when they do it to me. I find out by others posts so the ignore feature is not flawless at all.

On the regular part, I am not in fights. Most seem to not like fighting and that is how I feel too. I say over and over,. I hate fights.

Will the reply come back as angry or will it be reasonable this time?

Robert A Whit
05-20-2013, 04:03 PM
You weren't questioning him, you were questioning things being moved here. Remember:

You assumed this thread was moved here by staff, hence your stating that there was no fighting, no taunting, decent post. Then you wondered aloud about your own posts being moved. Then you state that you know you did not post your comment here - BUT YOU DID. Tyr started this thread, the first post, right here in the cage. He stated as much in that first post. You replied to it - here in the cage. Now you're whining that the thread or your post was moved.

That's not a scolding, that was correcting lies to facts.

I understand it is the cage but god damn it, please end your abuse. You went way overboard.

I made an honest error is all that took place.

Lies? Whining?

Your just trying to antagonize If you want a clean board try not to antagonize over some of ux asking questions.

Marcus Aurelius
05-20-2013, 04:04 PM
To all I numbered, certainly it is true.

I put 3 posters on ignore and if you want the names, ask me. I took Kathianne off for now.Well, I added Anton. Now you know the 3.

We have a new poster that includes statements from those three and I do not block the new guy so what he posts is what I see.

I noticed when arrived here how AT posts and also how Marcus posted thought for a long time he was not posting much.

I asked AT last year if he wanted posters to like his posts and he virtually told me off and I now had a bullseye painted all over my posts. He can't

He started up the same crap with BillyBob.

I am not very good taking attacks. If I did something wrong, and as you say, they attack me in the cage, I can much easier ignore them even reading them than on the open forum. I can ignore them till hell freezes over but others show me some of their posts on the good forum as you call it.

I asked why Tyrs post is in the cage and had no idea he did it. I did not notice the name of the forum at first and did not know it was the cage on my first reply. Some posts are replied to on the good forum only to discover somebody put them in the cage and I just did not notice but my asking caused a good scolding by you. That makes no sense. I got dressed down for asking.

You said he did it but you acted as if you put it in the cage. I had no idea either that to you the cage is punishment. The way you dressed me down was not called for.

Using the ignore has not stopped them from slashing and burning me but i do not see you lashing out when they do it to me. I find out by others posts so the ignore feature is not flawless at all.

On the regular part, I am not in fights. Most seem to not like fighting and that is how I feel too. I say over and over,. I hate fights.

Will the reply come back as angry or will it be reasonable this time?

http://www.psychicdonut.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Whiners.bmp

Marcus Aurelius
05-20-2013, 04:06 PM
I understand it is the cage but god damn it, please end your abuse. You went way overboard.

Lies? Whining?

Your just trying to antagonize If you want a clean board try not to antagonize over some of ux asking questions.

Robert A Whit
05-20-2013, 04:10 PM
By Jim
You assumed this thread was moved here by staff, hence your stating that there was no fighting, no taunting, decent post. Then you wondered aloud about your own posts being moved. Then you state that you know you did not post your comment here - BUT YOU DID. Tyr started this thread, the first post, right here in the cage. He stated as much in that first post. You replied to it - here in the cage.

Jim, that remaining part of your remarks was all you needed to say. The balance was to antagonize me.

A very good explanation thus far is left standing above.

I don't recall Tyr declaring the forum he used was the cage.

Maybe I can help you clear up the mistake by me.

First, When I decide what posts to read, I look at latest posts. This means The latest screen comes up. I do not believe the name of the forum shows up on that menu. I at times take a peek at the information showing and when I do that, I see the name of the forum, where it can be cage.

But as a rule, I do not seek out the name of the forum. Ergo, I did not realize Tyr started in the cage. It was only when you laced down Me I got to wondering why you went bonkers on me.

Marcus Aurelius
05-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Jim, that remaining part of your remarks was all you needed to say. The balance was to antagonize me.

A very good explanation thus far is left standing above.

I don't recall Tyr declaring the forum he used was the cage.

Maybe I can help you clear up the mistake by me.

First, When I decide what posts to read, I look at latest posts. This means The latest screen comes up. I do not believe the name of the forum shows up on that menu. I at times take a peek at the information showing and when I do that, I see the name of the forum, where it can be cage.

But as a rule, I do not seek out the name of the forum. Ergo, I did not realize Tyr started in the cage. It was only when you laced down Me I got to wondering why you went bonkers on me.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li80kv7Q2E1qav7i9o1_400.jpg

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 04:24 PM

Lies? Whining?

You are implying to whomever reads that we unfairly moved Tyr's post, and yours too, as you "know" you didn't post it here. Those are both untrue. It's not my fault you don't know where you are when you post, even though you HAVE to click on the steel cage area to get here, as none of these posts show up on the latest posts list. And it's not my fault you didn't read Tyr's post, which clearly shows he started it here. That's not scolding or dressing down, thats clearing the matter up for those reading.

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 04:26 PM

Posts from the cage DO NOT show up on the latest posts, never have. You MUST manually come down here and enter - this way one can avoid accidentally coming here.

Robert A Whit
05-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Posts from the cage DO NOT show up on the latest posts, never have. You MUST manually come down here and enter - this way one can avoid accidentally coming here.

Actually that is precisely why I see them.

I explained it but you act like i am lying.

Here is proof. To find this post, I hit your latest posts link and by god I am here. I did not seek the Cage.

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Actually that is precisely why I see them.

I explained it but you act like i am lying.

Here is proof. To find this post, I hit your latest posts link and by god I am here. I did not seek the Cage.

No, maybe if you click on quick links and then today's posts, but NOT in the latest posts menu as you said. And if you do the long way to today's posts, it VERY CLEARLY shows which forum the threads are in. I didn't put these in the latest posts menu as then someone may accidentally come down here.

BillyBob
05-20-2013, 04:33 PM

That's means hardly anyone is going to see my 'Deer' thread.

Too bad, that's a good one.

BillyBob
05-20-2013, 04:35 PM
No, maybe if you click on quick links and then today's posts, but NOT in the latest posts menu as you said. And if you do the long way to today's posts, it VERY CLEARLY shows which forum the threads are in. I didn't put these in the latest posts menu as then someone may accidentally come down here.

No, Robert is right, I see them too when I click 'New Posts'.

Robert A Whit
05-20-2013, 04:35 PM
I click on new posts JIm.

Marcus Aurelius
05-20-2013, 04:37 PM
http://www.opinionatedbastard.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Whiner_Alert_F.jpg

Robert A Whit
05-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Aren't the new posts link the latest posts?

I can't speak for what Jim sees but at least me and Billybob see the same things and this is how I end up here.

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 04:38 PM
No, Robert is right, I see them too when I click 'New Posts'.

He said "Latest Posts" - which is the large menu displayed on the home page, showing the most recent 10 posts.

I click on new posts JIm.

That is correct. Now look to the right of the post listed when you click on that. It clearly shows which forum the post/thread is in. I was speaking of the latest posts option, which doesn't show any posts from this forum.

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 04:39 PM

I can't speak for what Jim sees but at least me and Billybob see the same things and this is how I end up here.

One would have to be nearly blind to not see the top 10 lists at the top of the board. "Top posters, Hottest Threads & LATEST POSTS.

Robert A Whit
05-20-2013, 04:40 PM
New posts does show the forum including the cage. I think i said the name does not show up but I do see it. But as a rule I pay almost no attention to the name of the forum such as the cage or some other name.

Since i am not particularly sensitive to forum names it explains my mistake.

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 04:41 PM

It's either LATEST POSTS, as you originally stated here. Or it is New Posts, and you couldn't be bothered to look at the forum name which is right there. Either way, the fault lies on your end. That's cool, just don't come in here and make a rant about how things have been moved, how you didn't do this and that.

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 04:43 PM
New posts does show the forum including the cage. I think i said the name does not show up but I do see it. But as a rule I pay almost no attention to the name of the forum such as the cage or some other name.

Since i am not particularly sensitive to forum names it explains my mistake.

Look, again, that's cool with me, you're entitled to go to any forum without knowing which, that's your right. But if you're going to complain, it might be wise to refer to your own rule before doing so, and make sure you know where you are.

Interestingly though, your complaint was that the thread was in the cage written by Tyr, and your original post. How did you know you were reading them in the cage? :)

Marcus Aurelius
05-20-2013, 04:47 PM

you end up here because you're a fucking dimwit.

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 04:50 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe I just made a change that keeps the cage posts from showing up under 'New Posts' as well. I'm not sure whether to leave it that way or not. It's never been an issue before and never has a member accidentally found themselves in here or posting in here.

Abbey Marie
05-20-2013, 08:12 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe I just made a change that keeps the cage posts from showing up under 'New Posts' as well. I'm not sure whether to leave it that way or not. It's never been an issue before and never has a member accidentally found themselves in here or posting in here.

I like the idea.

jimnyc
05-20-2013, 08:26 PM
I like the idea.

Others can let me know or not, but hopefully there should be no reference to cage posts in the new posts, today's posts or recent posts. No one should see the threads in here unless they come through the front door.

Marcus Aurelius
05-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Test...

EDIT:
worked Jim.

Now I'll make a derogatory comment about Robert an see if he somehow 'finds' it here, the big dumb ass.

NOTE: (that was it... calling him a dumb ass).