PDA

View Full Version : It just dawned on me that this song is about drugs

tailfins
05-11-2013, 05:47 PM
I have been listening to this song for decades. Are drugs "Mothers Little Helper"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-62QgzmcDQ

Gaffer
05-11-2013, 06:36 PM
What did you think they were talking about? It states right in the lyrics "little yellow pill". That was the height of the drug decade. 70% of the songs were referencing drugs in those days. Most inferred drugs, that one was blatant.

I'm really curious as to what you thought the song was about.

aboutime
05-11-2013, 08:36 PM
What did you think they were talking about? It states right in the lyrics "little yellow pill". That was the height of the drug decade. 70% of the songs were referencing drugs in those days. Most inferred drugs, that one was blatant.

I'm really curious as to what you thought the song was about.

Gaffer. If this one was misunderstood. What will tailfins do when he catches up to the tunes of the SIXTIES, and SEVENTIES?

This "Mother's little helper" tune is MILD, compared to many, many more that were the Anthem's of Flower Power, and Dropping Out!

hjmick
05-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Oh crap...

Just wait until tailfins comes across H.R. Pufnstuf and Lidsville...

tailfins
05-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Oh crap...

Just wait until tailfins comes across H.R. Pufnstuf and Lidsville...

All things I saw as a kid and never gave a second thought to. I was so shocked when someone finally told me VD doesn't stand for Valentine's Day!

Marcus Aurelius
05-11-2013, 09:51 PM
I have been listening to this song for decades. Are drugs "Mothers Little Helper"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-62QgzmcDQ

uppers.

Gaffer
05-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Gaffer. If this one was misunderstood. What will tailfins do when he catches up to the tunes of the SIXTIES, and SEVENTIES?

This "Mother's little helper" tune is MILD, compared to many, many more that were the Anthem's of Flower Power, and Dropping Out!

Like Small Faces - Ichy Koo Park

Even the names of the bands had drug references. Jimi Hendricks Experience, Poppy Family, Grassroots, to name a few. Double interindex was popular at the time.

Kathianne
05-11-2013, 11:18 PM
uppers.

I'd say, Valium. Drug of choice for mommies in the 60's and 70's. I'm pretty sure it's still around. It's a depressant. Similar to alcohol, more addictive.

Gaffer
05-11-2013, 11:36 PM
I'd say, Valium. Drug of choice for mommies in the 60's and 70's. I'm pretty sure it's still around. It's a depressant. Similar to alcohol, more addictive.

Bingo, we have a winner.