PDA

View Full Version : WA State and Gays Gang Up On Florist For Not Selling Them Flowers

red states rule
05-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Once again, we have a couple of "offended" gays - a liberal state - and the AC:U out to destroy a Christian business owner who refused to sell flowers to a gay couple.

So much for all that "tolerance" we are told the left has

Flowers may not discriminate, but people are another matter.

The American Civil Liberties Union joined the state of Washington by filing its own lawsuit on Thursday against Arlene’s Flowers and its proprietor, Barronelle Stutzman, over the woman’s refusal to sell flowers for a same-sex wedding.

On March 1, Robert Ingersoll entered the shop in Richland, a small town approximately 200 miles from Seattle, where he had been buying flowers for years. When he informed Stutzman he was getting married to his boyfriend, Curt Freed, the store owner stopped him cold.

“He said he decided to get married, and before he got through I grabbed his hand and said, ‘I am sorry. I can't do your wedding because of my relationship with Jesus Christ,’" Stutzman told KEPRTV News (http://www.keprtv.com/news/local/Florist-refuses-to-service-same-sex-marriage-195500961.html?tab=video&c=y).

Gay marriage was made legal by the voters of Washington in the 2012 election, but protections against discrimination based on sexual orientation have been established in the state since 2006. As a result, Attorney General Bob Ferguson filed a consumer protection lawsuit last week against Arlene’s Flowers.

The ACLU then filed a civil suit after Stutzman ignored its demand that she apologize to the couple, donate $5,000 to a youth center affiliated with the gay community, and agree to sell flowers regardless of the sexual orientation of her customers.

“Because she refused to sell flowers to Mr. Ingersoll and Mr. Freed for their wedding,” the ACLU’s website states, “defendant Barronelle Stutzman aided Arlene’s Flowers in violating the Washington Law Against Discrimination by discriminating against the Plaintiffs on the basis of their sexual orientation.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/flower-shop-sued-shunning-gay-wedding-article-1.1321259#ixzz2T71zmYRS

WiccanLiberal
05-12-2013, 01:17 PM
While I heartily support equality in marriage, I fail to see why it is necessary to force a confrontation with a florist over the matter. To my mind, the best thing about a capitalist economy is that a person can decide where to bring their money. With many gays and lesbians taking advantage of new marriage laws, there will be whole new markets for wedding related businesses to make money from. Through advertising and word of mouth, businesses will find their clientele. If I want to find a caterer, photographer, videographer, or dressmaker for a goth inspired wedding or a pagan handfasting, I am not going to search the local church bulletins for ads.

red states rule
05-12-2013, 01:20 PM
While I heartily support equality in marriage, I fail to see why it is necessary to force a confrontation with a florist over the matter. To my mind, the best thing about a capitalist economy is that a person can decide where to bring their money. With many gays and lesbians taking advantage of new marriage laws, there will be whole new markets for wedding related businesses to make money from. Through advertising and word of mouth, businesses will find their clientele. If I want to find a caterer, photographer, videographer, or dressmaker for a goth inspired wedding or a pagan handfasting, I am not going to search the local church bulletins for ads.

With most queers they are out for attention and nothing more

One would think this was the ONLY flower shop in town. This is all about them, playing the victim cared, and the liberal media is happy to paint them as mistreated and abused gays who have been traumatized by the entire situation

aboutime
05-12-2013, 01:23 PM
AW. How terrible? The Gays and Lesbians are being downtrodden and disrespected because someone won't sell them flowers???

How terrible is that?

Why is this important to anyone...unless you are gay or a lesbian?

They all have minds, and the ability to think on their own...I SUSPECT.

If someone doesn't want to sell them something.

They do the Intelligent thing, and Go SOMEWHERE ELSE.

If they demand NEWS ACCOUNTS to bolster their LifeStyle, and whine all the time.

Open your own GAY and LESBIAN Flower shop.
PROBLEM SOLVED, and the rest of us who are not GAY and LESBIANS don't need to be reminded of your SELF-MADE problems.

red states rule
05-12-2013, 01:25 PM
AW. How terrible? The Gays and Lesbians are being downtrodden and disrespected because someone won't sell them flowers???

How terrible is that?

Why is this important to anyone...unless you are gay or a lesbian?

They all have minds, and the ability to think on their own...I SUSPECT.

If someone doesn't want to sell them something.

They do the Intelligent thing, and Go SOMEWHERE ELSE.

If they demand NEWS ACCOUNTS to bolster their LifeStyle, and whine all the time.

Open your own GAY and LESBIAN Flower shop.
PROBLEM SOLVED, and the rest of us who are not GAY and LESBIANS don't need to be reminded of your SELF-MADE problems.

The answer is simple

STFU

Go to another flower shop

Have your queer wedding

and spear us the f'n soap opera