PDA

View Full Version : Political Correctness run amok

Yurt
06-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I was just talking with an old college friend and we were discussing their new kid and such. Well the conversation went to christmas in the NW and how she and her husband and child went to see the christmas lights and the snowpeople. I said what are snowpeople. She said, you know, the people made of snow. I said, oh, a snowman. She said no, they are snowpersons or snowpeople because it is offensive to women.

I said they aren't real, they don't have feelings. She then said, yeah, but it is the correct thing to say. Hmmm, hmmm...

SassyLady
06-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I was just talking with an old college friend and we were discussing their new kid and such. Well the conversation went to christmas in the NW and how she and her husband and child went to see the christmas lights and the snowpeople. I said what are snowpeople. She said, you know, the people made of snow. I said, oh, a snowman. She said no, they are snowpersons or snowpeople because it is offensive to women.

I said they aren't real, they don't have feelings. She then said, yeah, but it is the correct thing to say. Hmmm, hmmm...

I am a woman and I don't find it offensive. Ridiculous!!

A snowman is a snowman and a snowwoman is a snowwoman, based on where the veggies are placed! LOL!!!

Being PC is one of my pet peeves.

Yurt
06-02-2007, 05:33 PM
I am a woman and I don't find it offensive. Ridiculous!!

A snowman is a snowman and a snowwoman is a snowwoman, based on where the veggies are placed! LOL!!!

Being PC is one of my pet peeves.

That is one the funniest posts I have ever read. :dance:

Gaffer
06-02-2007, 07:07 PM
I guess they can't sing frosty the snowman where she's from.

Yurt
06-02-2007, 07:52 PM
I guess they can't sing frosty the snowman where she's from.

Frosty the snowperson....

Frosty the snowpeople....

Gunny
06-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Frosty the snowperson....

Frosty the snowpeople....

You are discriminating against all other life forms. That will be "snow entities" from now on, thankyouverymuch.

Yurt
06-02-2007, 08:41 PM
You are discriminating against all other life forms. That will be "snow entities" from now on, thankyouverymuch.

:dance:

Trigg
06-02-2007, 10:07 PM

yep.......................geez I can't stand the PC group.

Hugh Lincoln
06-03-2007, 09:28 AM
The real crime committed by a snowman is that he's white. Now THAT is not PC.

82Marine89
06-03-2007, 12:15 PM
I try to offend at least one person per day. My mission in life is to get them in touch with their inner feelings.

Mr. P
06-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Can we still say "It's colder than a Witches tit in a brass bra"?

Can we still make "Snow Angels"?

What about "Snow Balls"? :laugh2:

82Marine89
06-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Can we still say "It's colder than a Witches tit in a brass bra"?

Can we still make "Snow Angels"?

What about "Snow Balls"? :laugh2:

How about freezing the balls off of a brass monkey?

Mr. P
06-03-2007, 02:53 PM
How about freezing the balls off of a brass monkey?

should be on the list.