PDA

View Full Version : FBI surrounds house of Saudi student with pressure cooker pot...

revelarts
05-13-2013, 12:58 PM
FBI surrounds house of Saudi student after sightings of him with pressure cooker pot - only to discover he was cooking RICE

A Saudi student living in Michigan was questioned in his home by FBI agents after neighbours saw him carrying a pressure cooker and called the police.

Talal al Rouki had been cooking a traditional Saudi Arabian rice dish called kabsah and was carrying it to a friend's house.

According to reports in a Saudi newspaper on Friday, the FBI are increasingly vigilant about 'pressure cooker' home-made bombs after the Boston bombers used one to make an explosive.

'They asked me about my major, when I arrived in the US and what I do in my spare time' he told the Saudi newspaper.

Officers said that two days earlier that a woman had seen him walking out of his apartment carrying the pressure cooker pot, which was described as ‘bullet coloured’.

The young student showed them his pressure cooker and explained to them he used to make a rice dish.

An FBI agent said: 'You need to be more careful moving around with such things, Sir'

Mr al Rouki has become a focus of attention now in the Saudi press.

According to reports in a Saudi newspaper, the FBI are increasingly vigilant about ‘pressure cooker’ home-made bombs and have a keen eye on Arabs who reside in the US.

Read more: FBI surrounds house of Saudi student following sightings of him with pressure cooker pot, only to find he was cooking rice | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2323316/FBI-surrounds-house-Saudi-student-following-sightings-pressure-cooker-pot-cooking-rice.html#ixzz2TBXySGOs)
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

How about the neighbor asking for a taste of what's cookin and eating some rice.

fj1200
05-13-2013, 01:13 PM
"Bullet colored." :facepalm99: This is why we have stupid laws.

revelarts
05-13-2013, 02:12 PM
"Bullet colored." :facepalm99: This is why we have stupid laws.

I know "Bullet colored.".
ROTHFLMBO! you couldn't write better into a Comedy skit.

"This is 911/FBI ... what color was the pressure cooker Ma'am?"
"Bullet Colored."
"We'll be right out!"

Marcus Aurelius
05-13-2013, 03:00 PM
there was a report... the FBI investigated... found no issue... case closed. That's how it works, folks. Sorry the kid git caught up in the hype, but no harm is done.

Here's one where they DID find an issue...
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130513/METRO01/305130415

Federal agents have arrested a Saudi Arabian traveler who arrived at Detroit Metropolitan Airport with a pressure cooker, a key component used in the Boston Marathon bombings last month.Hussain Al Khawahir appeared for a brief hearing at 1 p.m. in federal court on charges he allegedly used an altered passport and lied to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agent about the pressure cooker.

He told agents he was visiting his nephew, who attends the University of Toledo. During baggage inspection, officers noticed a page missing from Al Khawahir's passport.
Al Khawahir told officers he did not know how the page was removed from the passport.
During the baggage exam, officers found a pressure cooker.
Al Khawahir said he brought the pressure cooker for his nephew because the devices are not sold in the United States, according to the complaint.
Later, he changed his story and admitted that his nephew had purchased a pressure cooker in the U.S. but it was cheap and broken.

Might be interesting to see where this story goes.

jafar00
05-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Shouldn't they be harassing Chechens with pressure cookers, not Arabs?

Marcus Aurelius
05-13-2013, 03:27 PM

proof you're for profiling.. as long as it's someone ELSE who is profiled.

Dumb ass. The Feds did exactly what they are supposed to do. Get over yourself.

revelarts
05-13-2013, 04:14 PM
So if a Muslim drives a red SVU into a crowd killing 3 people thennn,
We should call the FBI the next time we "see a Muslim" in a Red SUV i guess.

can't be to careful.
FBI just doing it's Job, because you know, Muslim + red SVU = potential terrorist attack. Gotta check it out. no harm done.
"just asking a few routine questions
Yeah, um were are you going, go there often? WHY DO YOU HAVE AN SVU BTW?! it's just kinda Suspicious.
Where'd you buy that SVU. pay cash? unnh huh. you drive it often? you don't live far from the store, why don't you walk instead? People would trust you more if you took the bus. Don't get defensive. you've got angry eyes. Are you upset? Why are you people so upset? You don't want to talk anymore. Have you got something to hide? unh hunh.
well, you check out... for now. Drive safely ...Salem amigo."

jimnyc
05-13-2013, 04:32 PM

Someone placed a call. Should they NOT investigate? I'm sure if someone called on a Chechnyan Muslim that he/she would be investigated too. This story is the fault/blame of the person calling it in.

jimnyc
05-13-2013, 04:34 PM
So if a Muslim drives a red SVU into a crowd killing 3 people thennn,
We should call the FBI the next time we "see a Muslim" in a Red SUV i guess.

can't be to careful.
FBI just doing it's Job, because you know, Muslim + red SVU = potential terrorist attack. Gotta check it out. no harm done.
"just asking a few routine questions
Yeah, um were are you going, go there often? WHY DO YOU HAVE AN SVU BTW?! it's just kinda Suspicious.
Where'd you buy that SVU. pay cash? unnh huh. you drive it often? you don't live far from the store, why don't you walk instead? People would trust you more if you took the bus. Don't get defensive. you've got angry eyes. Are you upset? Why are you people so upset? You don't want to talk anymore. Have you got something to hide? unh hunh.
well, you check out... for now. Drive safely ...Salem amigo."

If Muslims used a red SVU to kill 3,000 of our citizens in on crash, and continued to kill people with these red SUV's all over the world, almost on a daily basis, then I would say YES, we should be wary of a Muslim we see in a red SUV. No different than being wary of black folks or latino folks in LA that are tattooed with gang symbols or even wearing the gangs colors.

aboutime
05-13-2013, 07:49 PM
All of this BS could have been avoided if the Weapon of Choice had been a CROCK POT! Not to be confused with a CRACK POT, who is presently living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Drummond
05-13-2013, 08:00 PM

It's much better, I suppose, to be especially complacent when encountering an Arab with a pressure cooker ? Just as recent experience 'shows' ?

revelarts
05-13-2013, 11:38 PM
If Muslims used a red SVU to kill 3,000 of our citizens in on crash, and continued to kill people with these red SUV's all over the world, almost on a daily basis, then I would say YES, we should be wary of a Muslim we see in a red SUV. No different than being wary of black folks or latino folks in LA that are tattooed with gang symbols or even wearing the gangs colors.

But it wasn't 3000 people in boston, it was 3 killed many wounded
and it wasn't all over the world, with a pressure cooker or all over the US
so i guess you Shouldn't be concerned is the logical position right.
and it wasn't an Arab it was a Chechen not blacks or latinos, and there were no gang symbols or gang colors.

the FBI investigation of a college student with a crook pot is a SAD joke.
the FBI should have been no where near there, IF the person was so paranoid that they called, the FBI the should have had sense enough to call the Student RA if the kid was in a dorm, If not the student RA then the campus police, If not the campus police, ...Sigh oK... the local police.
the FBI should not have burned a dime in gas investigating a college kid walking with a pressure cooker.
It's Ridiculous,
Red has posted about 5 political cartoons making jokes about the left banning pressure cookers, and but folks are acting as if this call should have been taken with the utmost seriousness.

What if he had a strange string hanging from his shoes, CALL THE FBI, the shoe bomber had a bomb like that too.

What if the kid was walking around in his Underwear, and a matches, LIKE the underwearbomber!! he almost blew up a plane.

And think of this, almost every kid on campus has a back pack, how many calls should the FBI take on back packs?

there has to be some checks on the fear, we can't let the terrorist, the media, and the gov't feed us in to a state of terror looking over our shoulders for dangers that are still less likely than furniture death.
Land of the free home of the brave, folks come on.

revelarts
05-14-2013, 01:02 AM
http://munkton.tripod.com/llapgoch/Llap5.jpg

jimnyc
05-14-2013, 05:55 AM
and it wasn't an Arab it was a Chechen not blacks or latinos, and there were no gang symbols or gang colors.

Before I entertain a lot of questions - let me get assurance that you will remain honest. Are you REALLY only going to label these guys as "Chechens"? Even though a shitload of information has come out about their faith (more so the older brother), and how he was becoming more and more radicalized, visited Russia where their intel informed us, recording of his mother and the faith business, the mosque in Boston about his radicalization and being tossed out... I could go on and on and on and on, but I believe you get the point. He was a Muslim who grew more and more radicalized, even with his own Mom and how she dressed.

So while I compare him as a Muslim, and us dealing with attacks of recent and 9/11, and terror attacks around the world - do you REALLY want to diminish what I said, what he did, and play games with words and ignore the faith part and make him sound like a common criminal instead of what he was - a terrorist?

A few short weeks after pressure cookers were used to kill Americans, and tossed at police officers, and you already refer to them looking into reports as a joke? That they should have passed of responsibilities to a college student? Imagine if they laughed, passed it off to a civilian, and find out an hour later they spooked the guy and he blew up the building he was in. Its idiotic to EVER think any of our law enforcement should ignore reports and pass them off.

Marcus Aurelius
05-14-2013, 07:35 AM
But it wasn't 3000 people in boston, it was 3 killed many wounded
and it wasn't all over the world, with a pressure cooker or all over the US
so i guess you Shouldn't be concerned is the logical position right.

the FBI investigation of a college student with a crook pot is a SAD joke.
the FBI should have been no where near there, IF the person was so paranoid that they called, the FBI the should have had sense enough to call the Student RA if the kid was in a dorm, If not the student RA then the campus police, If not the campus police, ...Sigh oK... the local police.
the FBI should not have burned a dime in gas investigating a college kid walking with a pressure cooker.
It's Ridiculous,
Red has posted about 5 political cartoons making jokes about the left banning pressure cookers, and but folks are acting as if this call should have been taken with the utmost seriousness.

What if he had a strange string hanging from his shoes, CALL THE FBI, the shoe bomber had a bomb like that too.

What if the kid was walking around in his Underwear, and a matches, LIKE the underwearbomber!! he almost blew up a plane.

And think of this, almost every kid on campus has a back pack, how many calls should the FBI take on back packs?

there has to be some checks on the fear, we can't let the terrorist, the media, and the gov't feed us in to a state of terror looking over our shoulders for dangers that are still less likely than furniture death.
Land of the free home of the brave, folks come on.

yes, by all means... let's have the FBI completely ignore any and all calls about possible threats. Fuck it, the people can handle themselves, right?

revelarts
05-15-2013, 12:39 PM
yes, by all means... let's have the FBI completely ignore any and all calls about possible threats. Fuck it, the people can handle themselves, right?

what threat?
there are thousands of backpack as well. why aren't they a threats?

a presure cooker is not a threat.
underwear is not a threat,
shoes are not a threat.
baby formula is not a threat
cupcakes are not a threat
even when an Arab looking guy has any of those objects

If he did something like hide it in the bushes OK you might have a problem, but walking around with a pressure cooker is not a threat.
It's just sad and fearful paranoia.

Like the fear of flying.
It's an airplane it could "potentially" crash.
in fact that's a more realistic fear.

http://megmclain.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/terror-risk-952x1024.jpg

jimnyc
05-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Rev, most of those things we don't even pay attention much too - falling down, suffocation in bed, own vomit...

But since you bring them up - should we treat terrorism in the same manner we treat those possibilities, which is virtually non-existent?

revelarts
05-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Rev, most of those things we don't even pay attention much too - falling down, suffocation in bed, own vomit...
But since you bring them up - should we treat terrorism in the same manner we treat those possibilities, which is virtually non-existent?

I've mentioned several times how we should deal with terrorism. over 200 are in US prisons.
people keep sayiing and asking if i think it should be ignored completely or we should do nothing.
you know i've never said that.

I just keep saying that we 've got a constitution and laws lets use them.
we've got investigative agencies UNDER the Constituion they should do there jobs.
that's all all this extra BS, TSA , door to door searches, warrantless wire tapes, torture, secret prisons etc etc needs to go.

jimnyc
05-15-2013, 01:39 PM
I've mentioned several times how we should deal with terrorism. over 200 are in US prisons.
people keep sayiing and asking if i think it should be ignored completely or we should do nothing.
you know i've never said that.

I just keep saying that we 've got a constitution and laws lets use them.
we've got investigative agencies UNDER the Constituion they should do there jobs.
that's all all this extra BS, TSA , door to door searches, warrentless wire tapes etc etc needs to go.

My point being is that comparing terrorism to other things like that is dishonest. Terror attacks are not freak accidents like choking on your own vomit. And choking on your own vomit is not an attack meant to hurt our country. It would be stupid to change how we fight terror - because more people puke themselves to death.

taft2012
05-16-2013, 06:27 AM
a presure cooker is not a threat.

Times change.

When I went to high school I carried a boxcutter with me everyday because I had a job at a supermarket after school. Now boxcutters are not allowed in that same school, or any school in the city, because gang members use them as weapons.

I've never in my life seen somebody walking around on the street carrying a pressure cooker. And I would have noticed because pressure cookers creep me out and I won't go into the kitchen until it's turned off.

So after Boston, yeah. I'm going to take a closer look at someone walking the streets with a pressure cooker. For starters, it would be the first time I ever saw a pressure cooker on the street, and if its carried by some kind of Muzzie-looking character, that obviously raises the suspicion level.

What sort of nonsense are you spouting now in your never-ending quest to hold onto your weed? That if the police see someone dressed up like a sheik carrying a pressure cooker through Times Square they'd have no level of reasonable suspicion to stop and question the guy?

taft2012
05-16-2013, 06:38 AM
It would be stupid to change how we fight terror - because more people puke themselves to death.

You're arguing with a political ideology whose core is legalized marijuana, and all other positions on the flow chart are have direct lines to that core issue. The longer that connecting line gets from the core issue, the more strained the logic becomes.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-16-2013, 08:54 AM

Dumbass both those Chechens were muslims! Yet you failed to list that. Clever you are not but dishonest you surely are.-Tyr

They should be looking for muslim scum that are out and about trying to murder infidels.

BillyBob
05-16-2013, 09:54 AM

There were ARABS INVOLVED IN THE BOSTON BOMBING.

jafar00
05-21-2013, 11:33 PM
There were ARABS INVOLVED IN THE BOSTON BOMBING.

But they caught the Chechens who did it. Chechen people are not Arabs.

BillyBob
05-22-2013, 04:47 PM
But they caught the Chechens who did it. Chechen people are not Arabs.

They caught an arab, too. A Saudi.

aboutime
05-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Times change.

When I went to high school I carried a boxcutter with me everyday because I had a job at a supermarket after school. Now boxcutters are not allowed in that same school, or any school in the city, because gang members use them as weapons.

I've never in my life seen somebody walking around on the street carrying a pressure cooker. And I would have noticed because pressure cookers creep me out and I won't go into the kitchen until it's turned off.

So after Boston, yeah. I'm going to take a closer look at someone walking the streets with a pressure cooker. For starters, it would be the first time I ever saw a pressure cooker on the street, and if its carried by some kind of Muzzie-looking character, that obviously raises the suspicion level.

What sort of nonsense are you spouting now in your never-ending quest to hold onto your weed? That if the police see someone dressed up like a sheik carrying a pressure cooker through Times Square they'd have no level of reasonable suspicion to stop and question the guy?

There just happens to be a great use for a pressure cooker that would solve all of our Terrorist/Prisoner problems, and feed the GITMO country club gang...who would no longer be on a Hunger strike.
Boil the heads of captured Muslim Terrorists in the Pressure Cookers...and the explosive threats instantly DISAPPEAR.

jafar00
05-22-2013, 07:50 PM
They caught an arab, too. A Saudi.

Are you talking about the poor guy who was also a victim of the bombing, and was soon after cleared of any wrong doing?

BillyBob
05-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Are you talking about the poor guy who was also a victim of the bombing, and was soon after cleared of any wrong doing?

Yeah, but let's look closer:

The event file created for Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi indicated he was “armed and dangerous”
Alharbi was admitted into the country under a “special advisory option,” which is usually reserved for visiting politicians, VIPs, or journalists. The event file cover page indicates he was granted his status without full vetting.
One of the first excuses given by law enforcement when confronted about Alharbi’s pending deportation was an expired visa. But according to the event file, his visa is good until 11-NOV-2016.
The event file indicates he entered the U.S. on 08/28/12 in Boston, MA but says he is a student at the University of Findlay, in Findlay, Ohio. He has an apartment in Boston, and doesn’t seem to have been a full-time student in Ohio.
When a file is created in the system, the author(s) are notified via email when it is accessed and given the email address of the person accessing, so there is a record within the government data system of who was there. It was amended to remove the deportation reference, then someone later went in and tried to destroy both the original event file and an amended versions. We won’t say who at this time, but copies have already been made.
The original event file was reviewed and approved by two high level agents – Chief Watch Commander Maimbourg and Watch Commander Mayfield.

Gaffer
05-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Yeah, but let's look closer:

The event file created for Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi indicated he was “armed and dangerous”
Alharbi was admitted into the country under a “special advisory option,” which is usually reserved for visiting politicians, VIPs, or journalists. The event file cover page indicates he was granted his status without full vetting.
One of the first excuses given by law enforcement when confronted about Alharbi’s pending deportation was an expired visa. But according to the event file, his visa is good until 11-NOV-2016.
The event file indicates he entered the U.S. on 08/28/12 in Boston, MA but says he is a student at the University of Findlay, in Findlay, Ohio. He has an apartment in Boston, and doesn’t seem to have been a full-time student in Ohio.
When a file is created in the system, the author(s) are notified via email when it is accessed and given the email address of the person accessing, so there is a record within the government data system of who was there. It was amended to remove the deportation reference, then someone later went in and tried to destroy both the original event file and an amended versions. We won’t say who at this time, but copies have already been made.
The original event file was reviewed and approved by two high level agents – Chief Watch Commander Maimbourg and Watch Commander Mayfield.

And he has since disappeared.