PDA

View Full Version : 19 Wounded in New Orleans Shooting

jafar00
05-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Since this hasn't been posted by any of the right wing gun nuts on here yet, I thought I would mention it.

If the gun nuts get their way and everyone can get a gun easily without background checks, this kind of thing is going to happen more often. Thank God nobody was killed. This time.....

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Gunmen opened fire on people marching in a neighborhood Mother’s Day parade in New Orleans on Sunday, wounding at least 19.
The shooting — described by the F.B.I. as a flare-up of street violence — shattered the festive mood surrounding the parade, which drew hundreds of people to the Seventh Ward, not far from the French Quarter. Video taken in the aftermath showed victims lying on the ground, blood on the pavement and people comforting the wounded.
At least three of the victims were seriously wounded. Of the rest, many were grazed and the authorities said that over all, most of the wounds were not life-threatening. No deaths were reported.
The victims included 10 men, 7 women, a boy and a girl. The children, both 10 years old, were grazed and in good condition.
The police saw three suspects running from the scene. No arrests had been made as of early evening.
MayorMitch Landrieuurged witnesses to come forward with information. “These kinds of incidents will not go unanswered,” he said. “Somebody knows something. The way to stop this violence is for you all to help.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/us/several-wounded-in-shooting-at-new-orleans-parade.html?_r=0

jimnyc
05-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Since this hasn't been posted by any of the right wing gun nuts on here yet, I thought I would mention it.

If the gun nuts get their way and everyone can get a gun easily without background checks, this kind of thing is going to happen more often. Thank God nobody was killed. This time.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/us/several-wounded-in-shooting-at-new-orleans-parade.html?_r=0

Do you think a criminal/murderer will be worried about a BG check or anything else? The only people affected by such regulations are those abiding by the regulations/laws. And no, that won't minimize the guns getting to them, as our harshest laws in the states is mostly where the gun crime is. It's been proven time and time again that harder laws and regulations do nothing to stem the violence.

Marcus Aurelius
05-13-2013, 03:38 PM

You are such a moron. do you even read your own stories?

described by the F.B.I. as a flare-up of street violence

criminals, most likely with illegally obtained weapons, did this. Had law abiding gun owners been present, carrying legally obtained guns, this might not have gotten as far as it did.

Marcus Aurelius
05-13-2013, 03:39 PM
Do you think a criminal/murderer will be worried about a BG check or anything else? The only people affected by such regulations are those abiding by the regulations/laws. And no, that won't minimize the guns getting to them, as our harshest laws in the states is mostly where the gun crime is. It's been proven time and time again that harder laws and regulations do nothing to stem the violence.

Criminal: "Oh no... they have mandatory background checks and waiting periods now... how will I ever obtain a gun now? Oh dear oh dear!"

:rolleyes:

aboutime
05-13-2013, 04:13 PM

jimnyc: Something jafar never wants to admit, or even recognize....like our Liberal Gun Hating Congress who despise the 2nd amendment is the old expression...."Take the guns away from the Law abiding people...then ONLY the criminals will have guns."

jafar has no concept about this topic at all.

red states rule
05-13-2013, 04:16 PM
From your OP Jafar

described by the F.B.I. as a flare-up of street violence

Since when do street thugs pay attention to any laws? If criminals do not follow existing laws why would anyone think they would follow new laws?

Gaffer
05-13-2013, 06:21 PM
First reports I saw on this said there were three shooters. No word on if they were shooting at each other or just at the people in the crowd. My first guess is some sort of gang battle. Second guess, black muslims from nation of islam. Some of jafars not real muslim types.

aboutime
05-13-2013, 06:29 PM
If you have been to New Orleans, and gone out of the Waterfront, Bourbon street area's. You know how dangerous that city can be.

Cross the river, and learn in person how New Orleans...and what they call "The West Bank" can be instantly Hazardous to your Health.

Hurricane Katrina may have destroyed almost ALL, but it didn't really change anything.

Shootings there, are not unlike other major cities...like Chicago. DEAD is still DEAD from those Illegal guns nobody can control.

Not even Democrats who want to take ALL OF THEM AWAY from everyone.

red states rule
05-14-2013, 02:51 AM
http://danieljmitchell.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/gun-control-cartoon-club-knife.jpg

http://www.mrconservative.com/files/2013/01/41.jpg

jimnyc
05-14-2013, 05:38 AM
Appears there has been an initial identification...

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Police late Monday identified a 19-year-old man as a suspect in the shooting of about 20 people during a Mother's Day parade in New Orleans, saying several people had identified him as the gunman captured by surveillance camera videos.

Superintendent Ronal Serpas said officers were looking for Akein Scott of New Orleans. He said it was too early to say whether he was the only shooter.

"We would like to remind the community and Akein Scott that the time has come for him to turn himself in," Serpas said at a news conference outside of police headquarters.

A photo of Scott hung from a podium in front of the police chief. "We know more about you than you think we know," he said.

The mass shooting showed again how far the city has to go to shake a persistent culture of violence that belies the city's festive image. Earlier, police announced a $10,000 reward and released blurry surveillance camera images, which led to several tips from the community.

"The people today chose to be on the side of the young innocent children who were shot and not on the side of a coward who shot into the crowd," Serpas said.

The superintendent said SWAT team members and U.S. marshals served a searched warrant at one location looking for Scott, but didn't locate him.

He vowed that police would be "looking for Akein Scott for the rest of the night and tomorrow... and I would strongly recommend that Akein turn himself in."

http://news.yahoo.com/police-id-suspect-orleans-mass-shooting-014532190.html