PDA

View Full Version : NPR Anchor Tries to Describe First Obama Term as 'Remarkably Scandal-free'

red states rule
05-14-2013, 02:28 AM
Your tax dollars at work. You are paying for the Obama PR Blitz and NPR.

On Monday, NPR Morning Edition anchor Steve Inskeep expressed -- in the face of all the evidence of Fast and Furious, Solyndra, MF Global, and so on -- that the first term of Obama's presidency was "remarkably scandal-free." When I challenged him on the factual inaccuracy of this, he tweeted in reply , "Hm, did I say it was scandal-free or that it 'has been described' as such?"

However passively Inskeep expressed it, he certainly agreed with it. Inskeep asked Cokie Roberts, "This administration has been described -- I don't even know how many times- - as remarkably scandal-free. But when you get into the second term of an administration, there's often some dirty laundry that comes out. Is that what's happening now?" Roberts agreed:

COKIE ROBERTS: Well, that is part of what's happening. And it certainly is scandal-free so far, in terms of any kind of financial misdeeds or any sexual misdeeds. It's political misdeeds -- and those are, you know, things that obviously the opposition party is going to go after. The president is very lucky that he has a Democratic Senate because it's much harder to have a full-blown bipartisan - or seemingly bipartisan - investigation when you own one house of the Congress. And that has been protecting him so far.

Since when are "political misdeeds" and "scandal" completely different terms? And how is the bankruptcy of Solyndra and other government-backed energy companies not evidence of "financial misdeeds"?

Inskeep's interview (http://www.npr.org/2013/05/13/183538481/politics-in-the-news) could have expressed this phenomenon in a different way: scandal is erupting in the second term because Team Obama tried so frantically to squash all their scandals so they could WIN a second term. But the Benghazi attack and coverup (and the rotten IRS treatment of conservative groups) were first-term Obama scandals, just like Solyndra and Fast and Furious, and so on. Reporters shouldn't pretend otherwise if they want to be seen as careful keepers of the factual record.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2013/05/13/npr-anchor-tries-describe-first-obama-term-remarkably-scandal-free#ixzz2TGHeqI6O