PDA

View Full Version : Carney: Obama "unaware" of Justice Dept monitoring AP's phones

Little-Acorn
05-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Looks like President Obama has hit the Trifecta: A perfect 3-for-3 record of not knowing what is going on in his own administration.

Today, Spokesman Jay Carney announced: "Other than press reports, we have no knowledge of any attempt by the Justice Department to seek phone records of the AP."

You may recall that, When State Dept. whistleblowers complained that they were being blocked from testifying to Congress about their experience on the gournd in Banghazi, Obama also responded, "I am unaware" of any such blockage, but that he would investigate the matter to find out what was going on.

And when it came to light that the IRS was targeting conservatives with harassing audits and investigations, Obama went to a press conference yesterday and said he was unaware of that, too... but that he wanted a full investigation to find out what was going on.

Is Barack Obama the most unaware, uninformed President since Jimmy Carter tried to "negotiate" with the Iranians holding our Embassy personnel hostage in 1979?

What **has** he been doing in the White House all this time? Golfing, fundraising, and improving his jump shot?

Little-Acorn
05-14-2013, 11:10 AM
I was a teenager when Watergate was unfolding. Nixon's universal excuse, wat that he was unaware of what the people below him had been doing, while breaking into a hotel room where Democrats were planning campaign strategy, breaking into a psychologist's office, getting the IRS to audit his political enemies, etc.

I recall a cartoon that came out while these excuses were being dug out and revealed. It didn't show any faces, nothing but four panels depicting the White House in each one. Above the White House were "speech balloons" that related what someone inside (obviously then-President Nixon) was saying to some colleague.

First panel: "If I knew about all this illegal stuff my subordinates were doing...."

Second panel: "....then what am I doing in the White House?"

Third panel: " And if I didn't know about all the stuff my subordinates were doing...."

Fourth panel: "....then what am I doing in the White House?"

This would be an appropriate opportunity for a timely reprint, don't you think?

Little-Acorn
05-14-2013, 11:36 AM
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/clint-chair-borowitz.jpg

Marcus Aurelius
05-14-2013, 11:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejvyDn1TPr8

hjmick
05-14-2013, 12:40 PM
He knew. He knows he knew. We know he knew.

Little-Acorn
05-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Oh, BTW... in the Fast&Furious scandal, where the Obama admin let Mexican drug cartels buy 2,000 assault weapons and bring them across the border into Mexico (strictly against all U.S. law), resulting in the deaths of countless civilians and at least one U.S. Border Partol agent...

Eric Holder and Janet Napolitano both said they knew nothing about it, but heard about it later "in news reports". Just like Obama said yesterday about the IRS scandal, and his spokesman said today about the AP-phone-monitoring scandal. They all knew nothing about any of these scandals, until they saw it on the nightly news.

How many $millions (or $billions) do we pay the FBI, CIA, and other intelligence agencies? Why do we bother to waste all that money, when the only groups that gives the President his information, is CNN?

Marcus Aurelius
05-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Oh, BTW... in the Fast&Furious scandal, where the Obama admin let Mexican drug cartels buy 2,000 assault weapons and bring them across the border into Mexico (strictly against all U.S. law), resulting in the deaths of countless civilians and at least one U.S. Border Partol agent...

Eric Holder and Janet Napolitano both said they knew nothing about it, but heard about it later "in news reports". Just like Obama said yesterday about the IRS scandal, and his spokesman said today about the AP-phone-monitoring scandal. They all knew nothing about any of these scandals, until they saw it on the nightly news.

How many $millions (or $billions) do we pay the FBI, CIA, and other intelligence agencies? Why do we bother to waste all that money, when the only groups that gives the President his information, is CNN?

What does it say about a Commander in Chief, if he gets his information on what his own administration is doing... from the media after the fact?

aboutime
05-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Anyone who believed anything that Carney said today, would believe anything.

As in... 4990 the new OBAMA DRONE program.

red states rule
05-15-2013, 03:04 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz051513dAPR20130514064516.jpg