PDA

View Full Version : McConnell Turns Tables on Reporters

red states rule
05-15-2013, 02:06 AM
Mitch McConnell turned the tables on the DC Press and called them out on the bias they have shown for Obama for the last 6 years

Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and his Republican Senate Leadership spoke to the media Tuesday after a closed policy luncheon.

The Senate Minority Leader began the event by saying, "I want to make a few observations about the administration's abuse of power," and before opening it up to questions said, "As you continue to file your stories on this subject, ask yourself before you write: how would I be writing this story if this were a Republican administration?"

Of course, the primary subject at hand were recent revelations that the Internal Revenue Service has been targeting conservative groups:

http://newsbusters.org/sites/default/files/thumbnail_photos/2013/May/Obama%20Biden%20514.jpg?1368568527SENATOR MITCH MCCONNELL (R-KENTUCKY): We now have focused the attention of everyone, including all of you, on the lengths to which the administration's willing to go to quiet the voices of its critics. My colleagues, including Senator Hatch, our ranking member on the Finance Committee, will focus, at least to some extent, on the IRS. I want to talk about the broader picture here.

Over the last year, actually going back to 2009 now that I think about it, we've seen the efforts of the administration to quiet the voices of their critics. Back during the debate on Obamacare, it was the directive by the secretary of HHS to help insurance companies -- that they could not tell their customers, those who bought their products, what they thought about Obamacare -- a directive from the secretary of HHS quieting the voices of critics of Obamacare.

Now you've noticed the secretary's out raising money from the private sector, people who are dependent upon the government's regulations, to help the government convince the public that Obamacare is a good measure. We've had examples of initiatives over at the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Federal Communications Commission and, of course, continuously at the FEC to engage in the kind of government regulatory activity that is targeted at silencing the critics of the administration.

I'm not being critical of all of you, but most of you haven't paid much attention to any of that, but now I think you get it. And I think the American people get it, because everybody understands what the IRS is; many people think the most powerful agency of the federal government with the ability to literally put people out of business.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/05/14/mcconnell-reporters-ask-yourself-how-would-i-be-writing-story-if-were#ixzz2TM2S0062

actsnoblemartin
05-15-2013, 02:10 AM
the media went from watchdog to lapdog

red states rule
05-15-2013, 02:24 AM
the media went from watchdog to lapdog

Look at how the liberal media covered Fast and Furious

Now Fast and Furious is how most of the liberal media is offering excuses and trying to blame Republicans for all of Obama's problems