PDA

View Full Version : '24' returns May 2014

red states rule
05-15-2013, 04:29 AM
I am delighted with this news

Welcome back Jack

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/05/09/24.jpg

Jack Bauer will be back, baby: EW has confirmed that Fox will bring back its long-running hit 24 next May.

The network will air 12 episodes of 24: Live Another Day as part of its new directive to air event programming in the summer as a way to tie together the regular seasons. A miniseries from M. Night Shyamalan called “Wayward Pines” will air after the run of 24, which will (naturally) feature the return of Kiefer Sutherland.
The 24 producers “always had the idea of maybe someday doing feature films, but as got into it they all agreed 24 being compressed in two hours is not 24,” Fox Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly told reporters today. “A light bulb went off with (former Executive Producer) Howard Gordon. The spine of the 24 episodes is about 12 hours. Those were big events that occurred and little connective tissue in between.”

Unlike what happened in the regular series — where each episode represented an hour in Bauer’s action-packed life — the new version will jump around during the day, Reilly explained. And the star power could be better than ever.

“A lot of who’s who in Hollywood wanted to participate in this,” Reilly said.

Asked why the show was cancelled in 2010, Reilly admitted that it felt like the right time — at the time.

“We wanted it to go out strong,” he said. “We didn’t want to keep it limping for two more seasons.”

Though Reilly says he doesn’t envision 24 becoming a regular series, he won’t rule out its “franchise-ability.”

“People are that much more excited about this,” he said.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/13/official-24-returns-may-2014/

Gaffer
05-15-2013, 07:14 AM
I am delighted with this news

Welcome back Jack

Network executives, like the govt, know whats best for you.

aboutime
05-15-2013, 02:53 PM
We always liked '24'. And, since it has been gone. Has anyone watched "PERSON OF INTEREST"?

Looking forward to seeing Jack come back again.

Television has become a WASTELAND of so-called Reality shows, and the only reality shown is...MASSIVE DOSES OF STUPIDITY. (IMO..of course)

red states rule
05-15-2013, 02:55 PM
I loved 24 and I miss watching it every Monday night

I have every season on DVD and the acting, writing, and action were great

It will be nice to have Jack back

Thunderknuckles
05-15-2013, 03:04 PM
My wife was turned on to 24 after watching a couple episodes on Netflix. Massive binge viewing ensued. She got me to watch it. I am not as into it as she is but it is a solid show and I'll binge watch a 2 or 3 episodes at a time. I'm kinda glad I never watched when it was still running. Some of the cliff hangers would have had me pissed having to wait another week to see what happens next. God bless Netflix and binge viewing :p

red states rule
05-15-2013, 03:11 PM
My wife was turned on to 24 after watching a couple episodes on Netflix. Massive binge viewing ensued. She got me to watch it. I am not as into it as she is but it is a solid show and I'll binge watch a 2 or 3 episodes at a time. I'm kinda glad I never watched when it was still running. Some of the cliff hangers would have had me pissed having to wait another week to see what happens next. God bless Netflix and binge viewing :p

Like the NFL, 24 always makes you want more

BillyBob
05-15-2013, 07:07 PM
When does the final season of Breaking Bad air?

BillyBob
05-15-2013, 07:19 PM
I found it, August 11.

Best show on TV ever!