PDA

View Full Version : IRS faces class action lawsuit over theft of 60 million medical records

red states rule
05-16-2013, 03:55 AM
and Obamacare has not been fully implemented yet

The Internal Revenue Service is now facing a class action lawsuit over allegations that it improperly accessed and stole the health records of some 10 million Americans, including medical records of all California state judges.

According to a report (http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/03/14/55707.htm) by Courthousenews.com, an unnamed HIPAA-covered entity in California is suing the IRS, alleging that some 60 million medical records from 10 million patients were stolen by 15 IRS agents. The personal health information seized on March 11, 2011, included psychological counseling, gynecological counseling, sexual/drug treatment and other medical treatment data. "This is an action involving the corruption and abuse of power by several Internal Revenue Service agents," the complaint reads. "No search warrant authorized the seizure of these records; no subpoena authorized the seizure of these records; none of the 10,000,000 Americans were under any kind of known criminal or civil investigation and their medical records had no relevance whatsoever to the IRS search. IT personnel at the scene, a HIPPA facility warning on the building and the IT portion of the searched premises, and the company executives each warned the IRS agents of these privileged records," it continued. According to the case, the IRS agents had a search warrant for financial data pertaining to a former employee of the John Doe company, however, "it did not authorize any seizure of any healthcare or medical record of any persons, least of all third parties completely unrelated to the matter," the complaint read. The class action lawsuit against the IRS seeks $25,000 in compensatory damages "per violation per individual" in addition to punitive damages for constitutional violations.

Thus, compensatory damages could start at a minimum of $250 billion.

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/irs-face-lawsuit-over-theft-60-million-patient-health-records

SassyLady
05-16-2013, 04:23 AM
It just never stops! People are so afraid of the IRS that they will give them their first born child if requested. I hope these scandals are the beginning of a complete revamp of the IRS.

I always wondered why so many more IRS agents were hired in the last couple of years....now we know. To invade privacy and intimidation.

red states rule
05-16-2013, 04:24 AM
It just never stops! People are so afraid of the IRS that they will give them their first born child if requested. I hope these scandals are the beginning of a complete revamp of the IRS.

I always wondered why so many more IRS agents were hired in the last couple of years....now we know. To invade privacy and intimidation.

I posted this before SL but the IRS is not in business to collect revenue for the government

The are in business to redistribute wealth and silence all opposition

BillyBob
05-16-2013, 09:50 AM
The IRS operates on a bluff, defy them. Refuse to cooperate with them. Refuse to pay income tax. Do not let them intimidate you.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-16-2013, 10:02 AM

That is because only the Gestapo and the KGB had more ruthless authority than the IRS. And only that because they could pick a person up and execute them anytime they chose to.
Remember the IRS was the primary entity in charge of enforcing the insanity of the Unconstitutional crap called obamacare. And still will be unless something is done about it... -Tyr

Thunderknuckles
05-16-2013, 10:30 AM
The article states they are asking for $25,000 per violation, per individual. Who gets that money? The individuals whose records that were illegally obtained?
If so, I hope the IRS snagged my records!

aboutime
05-16-2013, 02:38 PM
The article states they are asking for $25,000 per violation, per individual. Who gets that money? The individuals whose records that were illegally obtained?
If so, I hope the IRS snagged my records!

Everyone. Think about that for a moment before you start jumping for joy, and hoping to get an easy $25 grand.

Think about WHO'S money it is, and WHERE it will come from first.

Who pays the taxes?

Where would those huge GIFTS of $25 grand come from....The Monopoly Game????

Suing your own country is nothing more than SUING YOURSELF.

The government, and the IRS know they can't be sued. Which is why they play so Loose, and Fast with OUR MONEY.

red states rule
05-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Perhaps the IRS wanted the records to compare to their enemies list. After all if "enemies of the state" do not get their treatment, the state will be a better place

Eventually

BillyBob
05-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Who had the most to gain from the IRS intimidating [and basically shutting down] conservative groups which were created to help get a Republican POTUS candidate elected?

red states rule
05-17-2013, 02:23 AM
Under Obamacare, the IRS and other government agencies access to individual bank accounts and medical records as provided by that individuals health plan.

The Feds then watch your finances and medical records to determine if you have "enough" insurance and paying your preiums

Hope you are enjoying this hope and change folks

BillyBob
05-17-2013, 09:55 AM
On July 2, 2008 Obama delivered a speech in Boulder, Colorado in which he promised the creation and establishment of a “Civilian National Security Force.” He further promised it would be “just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded as the US Military.”

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/47844

The IRS is obviously part of his Gestapo.

<tbody>

</tbody>

aboutime
05-17-2013, 01:12 PM
On July 2, 2008 Obama delivered a speech in Boulder, Colorado in which he promised the creation and establishment of a “Civilian National Security Force.” He further promised it would be “just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded as the US Military.”

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/47844

The IRS is obviously part of his Gestapo.

<tbody>

</tbody>

Like this Civilian Security Force? 50075007500750075007500750075007500750075007

BillyBob
05-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Like this Civilian Security Force? 50075007500750075007500750075007500750075007

Yep, those guys were breaking the law and Eric HOLDER dropped all charges against them.

red states rule
05-20-2013, 04:04 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz051813dAPR20130518014516.jpg