PDA

View Full Version : I had an interesting encounter with a Deer

BillyBob
05-20-2013, 02:44 PM
This was a couple of years ago. I was driving on a fairly busy country road and traffic in both lanes was slowing down. There was a car pulled off the road and as I passed it I could see a head moving from under the car. I briefly thought it might be a dog but as I passed I could see it was a deer. I pulled over to see if I could help and the female driver was in hysterics, the deer screaming in misery and fear. Some women got her out of the car and took her away, another fella pulled over and together we freed the deer. Unfortunately her backs legs were broken so we had no choice but to put her down. With all the bystanders we opted not to shoot her and instead slit her throat and held her down as she bled to death. While standing there and waiting for the inevitable, I noticed she had a tick on her. It wasn't attached yet and it occurred to me that that despite us being a foot away from it, a huge crowd watching on and the very deer it was hoping to get nourishment from it it's own parasitic way, it was completely and entirely oblivious to everything going on around it. It was as if none of those things were happening or even existed, it's universe ended an inch away in any direction. All it could see was that little patch of deer hide it was hoping to leech off of.

I think about that oblivious tick from time to time and if I had to name that tick, I would name it Marcus Aurelius.

Marcus Aurelius
05-20-2013, 03:01 PM
I live rent free in your head :laugh2:

BillyBob
05-20-2013, 03:04 PM
I live rent free in your head :laugh2:

That oblivious tick provided a good life-lesson. You should be honored I finally named him.

Marcus Aurelius
05-20-2013, 03:12 PM
That oblivious tick provided a good life-lesson. You should be honored I finally named him.

you start a flame thread on the main board, instead of the Cage, and have the nads to call me oblivious?

You really are a dimwit, aren't you. Must be genetic.

BillyBob
05-20-2013, 04:04 PM
you start a flame thread on the main board, instead of the Cage, and have the nads to call me oblivious?

It was a nice story about a deer and a tick.

You really are a dimwit, aren't you. Must be genetic.

Are you my Dad?

BillyBob
05-20-2013, 05:23 PM
There he is.....

http://www.pestcontrolrx.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/02/deertick.jpg

Robert A Whit
05-20-2013, 06:16 PM
This was a couple of years ago. I was driving on a fairly busy country road and traffic in both lanes was slowing down. There was a car pulled off the road and as I passed it I could see a head moving from under the car. I briefly thought it might be a dog but as I passed I could see it was a deer. I pulled over to see if I could help and the female driver was in hysterics, the deer screaming in misery and fear. Some women got her out of the car and took her away, another fella pulled over and together we freed the deer. Unfortunately her backs legs were broken so we had no choice but to put her down. With all the bystanders we opted not to shoot her and instead slit her throat and held her down as she bled to death. While standing there and waiting for the inevitable, I noticed she had a tick on her. It wasn't attached yet and it occurred to me that that despite us being a foot away from it, a huge crowd watching on and the very deer it was hoping to get nourishment from it it's own parasitic way, it was completely and entirely oblivious to everything going on around it. It was as if none of those things were happening or even existed, it's universe ended an inch away in any direction. All it could see was that little patch of deer hide it was hoping to leech off of.

I think about that oblivious tick from time to time and if I had to name that tick, I would name it Marcus Aurelius.

You did the tick no favor. LMAO:laugh:

BillyBob
05-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Damn Marcus, you need to exercise more, maybe eat a salad once in awhile.

http://www.livingwithbugs.com/Images/dog_tick_engorged.jpg

Marcus Aurelius
05-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Are you my Dad?

i don't think anyone would ever admit to being that.

BillyBob
05-25-2013, 03:59 PM
i don't think...

That's obvious.

Marcus Aurelius
05-26-2013, 12:08 AM
awwww, you still upset because a black man stole your woman?:laugh:

BillyBob
05-26-2013, 07:43 AM
You don't stand a chance with my woman, bootlip.

Marcus Aurelius
05-26-2013, 02:05 PM
You don't stand a chance with my woman, bootlip.

First you think I'm an Obamabot.. now you think I'm black? Wow... the level of your stupidity really does know no bounds :laugh:

BillyBob
05-27-2013, 09:45 AM
First you think I'm an Obamabot.. now you think I'm black? Wow... the level of your stupidity really does know no bounds :laugh:

Most ticks are black.

Marcus Aurelius
05-29-2013, 07:31 AM
One tick down, one to go.:laugh:

BillyBob
05-29-2013, 07:42 PM
For that matter, most parasites are black. At least the societal ones.