PDA

View Full Version : Nigger / Cracker / Nips / Gooks and Chinks - why the double standard?

-Cp
01-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Okay - if you have other "people group insensitive" words - feel free to add them...

The question is, however, why is there such a HUGE disparity in the outcry of various people groups?

I was reading some of your posts in the thread entitled "Judge wants to make it Illegal to say "nigger" - where you said things like the following:

"...People have the right to sound as ignorant as they wish. (Not to mention the risk of getting one's arse kicked if the wrong thing is said to the wrong people)...."

"...yelling Nigger will get yer ass killed in some places...."

So... when was the last time you heard about a "white" or "Yellow" group of ppl being called "Cracker" or "Chink/gook" and they went to go kick the person(s) ass who said those words?

Why is it - as a society - we allow the black community to make us so afraid of that word; yet everytime I go to the grocery store there are entire isle's full of "insensitive words" like:

Saltine Crackers
Cheese Nips

Seeing those doesn't make me or any Japanese person I know of pissed off...

I say to the black community GET OVER IT ALREADY! Jeesh.....

Looking up the definitions of Nigger and Cracker yield nearly identical definitions:

crack·er /ˈkrækər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[krak-er]
5. Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a poor white person living in some rural parts of the southeastern U.S.

nig·ger /ˈnɪgər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nig-er]
2. Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.

Additionally - it seems by the definition above - that the word "nigger" can be applied to ANYONE in the Human Race. If that's the case, why are blacks the ONLY ones getting pissed off at that word?

Anyone?

The ClayTaurus
01-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Okay - if you have other "people group insensitive" words - feel free to add them...

The question is, however, why is there such a HUGE disparity in the outcry of various people groups?

I was reading some of your posts in the thread entitled "Judge wants to make it Illegal to say "nigger" - where you said things like the following:

"...People have the right to sound as ignorant as they wish. (Not to mention the risk of getting one's arse kicked if the wrong thing is said to the wrong people)...."

"...yelling Nigger will get yer ass killed in some places...."

So... when was the last time you heard about a "white" or "Yellow" group of ppl being called "Cracker" or "Chink/gook" and they went to go kick the person(s) ass who said those words?

Why is it - as a society - we allow the black community to be so afraid of that word yet everytime I go to the grocery store there are entire isle's full of "insensitive words" like:

Saltine Crackers
Cheese Nips

Seeing those doesn't make me or any Japanese person I know of pissed off...

I say to the black community GET OVER IT ALREADY! Jeesh.....

Looking up the definitions of Nigger and Cracker yield nearly identical definitions:

crack·er /ˈkrækər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[krak-er]
5. Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a poor white person living in some rural parts of the southeastern U.S.

nig·ger /ˈnɪgər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nig-er]
2. Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.

Additionally - it seems by the definition above - that the word "nigger" can be applied to ANYONE in the Human Race. If that's the case, why are blacks the ONLY ones getting pissed off at that word?

Anyone?Wow.

-Cp
01-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Wow.

Wow what?

Mr. P
01-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow what?

You hate to be called a THUMPER. You know it.:laugh:

-Cp
01-24-2007, 03:44 PM
You hate to be called a THUMPER. You know it.:laugh:

LOL!! I'm gonna have to kick your ass now!! :P

Mr. P
01-24-2007, 03:50 PM
LOL!! I'm gonna have to kick your ass now!! :P

K, bring er on!:D

The ClayTaurus
01-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Wow what?Just wow.

Gaffer
01-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Good points Cp. I think a lot of the nigger thing has to do with money. The racist blacks like jackson, sharpton and rangel, to name a few make big money off of racism. And its their favorite word to throw up at white people. Racism is big business. It's a shakedown business but it keeps jackson and sharpton in the money.

you left out
greaser
spick
zero
kike
sandnigger
raghead
faggot
yankee
white trash
injun
wop
mick
kraut
beaner
pollock
limey
frog

There's a derogatory name for every group, class, country or race in the world. And there always will be.

Mr. P
01-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Good points Cp. I think a lot of the nigger thing has to do with money. The racist blacks like jackson, sharpton and rangel, to name a few make big money off of racism. And its their favorite word to throw up at white people. Racism is big business. It's a shakedown business but it keeps jackson and sharpton in the money.

you left out
greaser
spick
zero
kike
sandnigger
raghead
faggot
yankee
white trash
injun
wop
mick
kraut
beaner
pollock
limey
frog

There's a derogatory name for every group, class, country or race in the world. And there always will be.
They call EVERONE in the South a Redneck. Go figure why everyone is moving here. Why live amoung such slim? :dunno:

Gaffer
01-24-2007, 05:57 PM
They call EVERONE in the South a Redneck. Go figure why everyone is moving here. Why live amoung such slim? :dunno:

I meant to add that one and then forgot.

Insein
01-24-2007, 06:31 PM
don't forget deigo and goomba. Hell goomba's are the brainless mushroom balls in Mario Brothers and the Italian community hasnt said a word about it. Imagine if Mario, the Italian plumber jumped on "niggers" heads all day in his games. Man the uproar. lol