PDA

View Full Version : The Adminstration's Attack On True the Vote

red states rule
05-20-2013, 03:48 PM
This is what normal working class citizens faced as they exercised their freedom of speech and attempted to get involved in the election process

It should scare the hell out of you

By now you know the IRS has been targeting conservative groups, but one group in particular has been put through hell by the Department of Justice. I've written about True the Vote's efforts to promote fair and clean elections free of voter fraud for more than a year now. The group is based in Houston, Texas and headed by President and Founder Catherine Engelbrecht. True the Vote strongly supports voter identifications laws, which have been proven not only to produce higher voter turn out, but also preserve the intergrity of our elections.

Attorney General Eric Holder, who of course heads the Justice Department, has done everything in his power to prevent voter identification laws from being implemented. As a result, True the Vote has been a top target for Holder and his goons. Holder's DOJ has been tormenting Engelbrecht and her organization since the beginning. Not only has she been bullied by the IRS, but the FBI and ATF too. More from Breitbart (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/13/IRS-Scandal-Facts-Suggest-Other-Gov-Agencies-Involved):

True the Vote, a Houston-based nonprofit which focuses on election integrity issues, was formed by Catherine Engelbrecht and her King Street Patriots Tea Party group. True the Vote applied to the IRS for their 501(c3) non-profit status in July 2010, and almost immediately their problems began.

Within two years, multiple federal agencies, along with an EPA-affiliated Texas state agency, began auditing True the Vote and its founders, visiting their group, their businesses, and asking questions of people who knew them. The IRS was not the only governmental agency involved.

True the Vote’s experiences with the IRS’s abuse of power were recently discussed by Catherine Engelbrecht in a previous interview (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/10/True-the-vote-IRS) with Breitbart News. She said:

We applied for nonprofit C-3 status early in 2010. Since that time the IRS has run us through a gauntlet of analysts and hundreds of questions over and over again. They’ve requested to see each and every tweet I’ve ever tweeted or Facebook post I’ve ever posted. They also asked to know every place I’ve ever spoken since our inception and to whom, and everywhere I intend to speak in the future.

Engelbrecht’s application with the IRS for non-profit status allegedly triggered aggressive audits of one of her family’s personal businesses as well. The FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) began a series of inquiries about her and her group; the BATF (Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms) began demanding to see her family's firearms in surprise audits of her and her husband’s small gun dealership--which had done less than $200 in sales; OSHA (Occupational Safety Hazards Administration) began a surprise audit of their small family manufacturing business; and the EPA-affiliated TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environment Quality) did a surprise visit and audit due to “a complaint being called in.”

The Democratic Party of Texas filed a lawsuit against her, as did an ACORN affiliated group. Both the FBI and the BATF continued to poke around her life, the lives of people in her Tea Party group, and her businesses.
And did Engelbrecht do anything wrong? Nope. (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/13/IRS-Scandal-Facts-Suggest-Other-Gov-Agencies-Involved)

Ultimately, the IRS determined that it actually owed a refund to Engelbrecht; the BATF found nothing wrong in any of its repeated visits and audits; OSHA’s fine-toothed comb found reason to demand $25,000 from Engelbrecht’s family business; and TCEQ demanded the Engelbrechts spend $42,000 on additional storage sheds.

“This is what the beginning of tyranny looks like," Engelbrecht said. "My family and I have lived with great concern that we would be subject to even greater government abuses if we were vocal about what they were doing to us because of our political views and our efforts to increase governmental accountability.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/05/20/dojs-witch-hunt-against-true-the-vote-n1601527

gabosaurus
05-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Conservative Republicans lost the election. They have no rights.

red states rule
05-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Conservative Republicans lost the election. They have no rights.

Unless Obama outlawed the US Constitution you are full of it (as usual)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0

gabosaurus
05-20-2013, 04:03 PM
You have your First Amendment rights to bitch, whine and complain. We will ignore you, as usual.

red states rule
05-20-2013, 04:07 PM
You have your First Amendment rights to bitch, whine and complain. We will ignore you, as usual.

I thought you said (several times) we do not have any rights

aboutime
05-20-2013, 06:20 PM

red states rule. Doesn't matter what kind of crap she says. We must remind her that No-one alive can ever take away Gabby's Right to be dumb, stupid, ignorant, or be an idiot. She will never be threatened with the loss of any of those things. Per the Constitution she despises when it doesn't help her empty mind...work.

gabosaurus
05-20-2013, 07:04 PM
You don't have any rights that we care about. The constitution does give you the right to bitch and whine, as well as the right to massacre school children with military style weapons.

Robert A Whit
05-20-2013, 07:24 PM
You don't have any rights that we care about. The constitution does give you the right to bitch and whine, as well as the right to massacre school children with military style weapons.

What is the difference of democrats slaughtering millions of unborn vs a few killed off later in life?

I keep wondering what kids got slaughtered by military style weapons. I recall Jim and myself proving to you this has not been the case since the guy in Stockton (before your birth) used a submachine gun to kill kids in California. I can't recall if CA put him to death but doubt we did.

red states rule
05-21-2013, 02:21 AM

http://cdn.motinetwork.net/politifake.org/image/political/1005/sheeple-obama-liberals-funny-idiots-political-poster-1274936091.jpg