PDA

View Full Version : Heat Wave!!

jimnyc
05-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Ok, maybe not, but it's hot today here! It was in the 50-60's for the longest time, then scraped the 70's, them jumped to 86 so far here today. I hate summer already. At least until I start seeing the short shorts and bikini tops. :)

CSM
05-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Ok, maybe not, but it's hot today here! It was in the 50-60's for the longest time, then scraped the 70's, them jumped to 86 so far here today. I hate summer already. At least until I start seeing the short shorts and bikini tops. :)

I dunno; I just can't (or rather WONT) picture you in short shorts and bikini top.

jimnyc
05-21-2013, 12:08 PM
I dunno; I just can't (or rather WONT) picture you in short shorts and bikini top.

Well...

I grew up in the 70's and was 12 when I hit the 80's. Even the guys wore the retarded short shorts back then. It wasn't until Michigan and the "Fab Five" made it to the NCAA finals that the longer shorts became more and more popular. I hated them, and was shy, so I usually just stayed with pants. My legs were like little white toothpicks.

And I did dress as a girl for Halloween once, when I was like 12 or 13? Makeup and bikini top! And I also posted a pic here earlier this year, where I was at a party for my wedding in St. Lucia, and was dancing in my toga with another bikini top. To this day I am still amazed at the things alcohol can have people do!

red states rule
05-22-2013, 02:55 AM
Yes this heat stinks. 89 here yesterday and I fired up the A/C for the first time

But the weekend it should be back in the 70's :clap:

jimnyc
05-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Yes this heat stinks. 89 here yesterday and I fired up the A/C for the first time

But the weekend it should be back in the 70's :clap:

Just turned it on? Mine was turned on in 1999 and is still going, summer and winter! LOL I have it now set to 62 here in computer room. :)

Jeff
05-22-2013, 08:43 AM
89 here yesterday and beautiful, I am tired of all the rain we have had time for summer to get here

Abbey Marie
05-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Heat stinks. Give me fall...

actsnoblemartin
05-22-2013, 09:04 AM
fall and cloudy days

:dance:

aboutime
05-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Something all of us should be aware of, and remember. There are FOUR seasons, each, and every year.

Choose one you like. There's nothing you can do about the others you don't like.

gabosaurus
05-23-2013, 01:46 PM

You need to remain in the Northeast. :laugh:
My family in the Dallas area does not break out the "it's too hot!" comments until the temps reach the mid-90s.

red states rule
05-31-2013, 04:37 AM
Whatever happened to that Ice Age my HS Social Studies teacher told me about?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hUqhilguoPs/TRunydGXRrI/AAAAAAAAGNU/d9d6BJX6RA8/s1600/time1.bmp

Jeff
05-31-2013, 06:07 AM
Right around 90 here the last couple of days but a little shade and it is beautiful , And this weekend will bring a mountain a bike and plenty of shade I hope ;)

WiccanLiberal
06-01-2013, 08:18 PM
We had punishing heat here yesterday. We lost our brand new A/C in the hurricane so only had a couple of window fans. This darned place was up to 93 degrees. We ended up going out to get a pair of window units - one for the living room and one for the bedroom. Place is livable now. V4R keeps talking about putting foil on the kitchen skylight but I am reluctant as it provides the most light in this little garret of ours.

red states rule
06-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Highs near 90 again today with strong T-storms this afternoon

It is days like this I thank God for creating the man who invented air conditioning

tailfins
06-02-2013, 07:50 AM
You need to remain in the Northeast. :laugh:
My family in the Dallas area does not break out the "it's too hot!" comments until the temps reach the mid-90s.

Just move your workstation down to the basement.

red states rule
06-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Just move your workstation down to the basement.

Or set the AC to Arctic Blast and pump all that Co2 into the atmosphere

aboutime
06-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Everyone here should be thankful for all that we have today.

Many of us...I suspect. Remember when Air Conditioning was something you had to go to the Movie Theater to enjoy.
And, probably. Many of us remember when Window Fans were all the rage until the Window, Air conditioning units...that were so noisy had everybody spending more time together...in the same room.

For those out in Oklahoma, and still those suffering from Sandy. The rest of us should be counting our Blessings, and remember how quickly things can change for us. "There, but for the grace of God".

Just remember how fortunate we all are. Next time any of us complain about how HOT, or COLD it is.

WiccanLiberal
06-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Hate to sound like a wuss but the A/C is pretty necessary for me. My asthma gets pretty overwhelming in extremes of hot and cold.

aboutime
06-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Hate to sound like a wuss but the A/C is pretty necessary for me. My asthma gets pretty overwhelming in extremes of hot and cold.

Nothing wrong with that WL. We've all grown up in a world where living has become so much more difficult.

No need to apologize. After all of what I've been through over the years. Surgeries, Cancer, Heart, Spine, and many other things.

I would be dead by now without AIR conditioning, or Heat in the Winter months.

I was just reminding everyone how Fortunate we are, when we feel a need to complain about things.

Stay Cool. You're not a Wuss. Staying alive has no Label!