PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Boxer blames tornadoes on global warming

red states rule
05-22-2013, 04:25 AM
The dead have not been buried yet and the left has climbed on top of the dead bodies to push their agenda

Of course they do this all the time

BOXER RINGS THE BELL ON CLIMATE CHANGE: Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif. – Chair of Senate Environment & Public Works Committee) took to the Senate floor and invoked the Oklahoma tornadoes in her speech on global warming. “This is climate change,” she said.

“This is climate change. We were warned about extreme weather. Not just hot weather. But extreme weather. When I had my hearings, when I had the gavel years ago. -It’s been a while – the scientists all agreed that what we’d start to see was extreme weather. And people looked at one another and said ‘what do you mean? It’s gonna get hot?’ Yeah, it’s gonna get hot. But you’re also going to see snow in the summer in some places. You’re gonna have terrible storms. You’re going to have tornados and all the rest. We need to protect our people. That’s our number one obligation and we have to deal with this threat that is upon us and that is gonna get worse and worse though the years.”

[Boxer] also plugged her own bill, cosponsored with Sen. Bernie Sanders that would put a tax on carbon. “Carbon could cost us the planet,” she said. “The least we could do is put a little charge on it so people move to clean energy.”

http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/05/21/dem-sen-boxer-blames-tornadoes-on-global-warming-plugs-her-carbon-tax-bill-to-fix-bad-weather-this-is-climate-change-we-were-warned-about-extreme-weather-we-need-to-protect-our/

red states rule
05-22-2013, 04:29 AM
Now back in 1975 there was tornado outbreak and it was blamed on global COOLING

Isn't Al Gore's amazing internet wonderful?

Newsweek in 1975: Tornado outbreak blamed on global cooling

Over the past several years, one of the knee-jerk reactions from political and media personalities following natural disasters has been to blame man-made global warming.

As part of his crusade on the issue, former vice president Al Gore blamed it (http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0912-32.htm) for Hurricane Katrina in 2006.

In 2008, then-Democratic Sen. John Kerry went on MSNBC and blamed global warming (http://www.mrc.org/articles/sen-kerry-blames-tornadoes-global-warming) for a tornado outbreak in the southeastern United States.

And on Monday as the tornado responsible for the deaths of at least 91 (http://kfor.com/) was making its way through Moore, Oklahoma, Rhode Island Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse went to the Senate floor (http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/20/democratic-senator-goes-on-anti-gop-rant-over-climate-change-as-tornadoes-hit-oklahoma/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter) to condemn his GOP colleagues for not seeing man-made global warming as the cause.

But that hasn’t always been the prevailing theory behind why severe weather exists.

An often cited 1975 magazine article (http://www.examiner.com/article/peter-gwynne-author-of-the-the-cooling-world-newsweek-1975) by long-time Newsweek science editor Peter Gwynne warned of tornadoes as a consequence of “global cooling,” along with other residual effects, including food shortages.

“There are ominous signs that the Earth’s weather patterns have begun to change dramatically and that these changes may portend a drastic decline in food production — with serious political implications for just about every nation on Earth,” Gwynne wrote. “The drop in food output could begin quite soon, perhaps only ten years from now.”
There was even a specific passage blaming the “global cooling” phenomenon for a 1974 tornado outbreak.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/21/newsweek-in-1975-tornado-outbreak-blamed-on-global-cooling/#ixzz2U0oYmJeH

jimnyc
05-22-2013, 06:03 AM
Does anyone listen at all anymore to what Boxer of Feinsteinn have to say? I understand they might be popular in their local areas out in Cali, but time and time and time again they make asses out of themselves nationally. How these people keep re-electing them with that knowledge in hand is beyond me.

jimnyc
05-22-2013, 07:25 AM
I wonder if that old bag of crap was the one making "similar" statements back in the 70's...

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/21/newsweek-in-1975-tornado-outbreak-blamed-on-global-cooling/#ixzz2U1X6PB2H

aboutime
05-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Does anyone listen at all anymore to what Boxer of Feinsteinn have to say? I understand they might be popular in their local areas out in Cali, but time and time and time again they make asses out of themselves nationally. How these people keep re-electing them with that knowledge in hand is beyond me.

Boxer is nothing but another member of the former WIZARD OF OZ cast of characters who didn't make it into the original movie as the WICKED WITCH. But, after all these years. They would all qualify to be STAND-IN'S...right after Peloso...5029

Thunderknuckles
05-22-2013, 02:02 PM
I wonder if that old bag of crap was the one making "similar" statements back in the 70's...

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/21/newsweek-in-1975-tornado-outbreak-blamed-on-global-cooling/#ixzz2U1X6PB2H

The answer is yes. Remember they don't call it Global Warming anymore. They call it Climate Change so it doesn't matter if it is warming or cooling. It's all Climate Change. The only question is whether or not it is man made.

DragonStryk72
05-22-2013, 02:34 PM
The dead have not been buried yet and the left has climbed on top of the dead bodies to push their agenda

Of course they do this all the time

Okay, so wait: Tornadoes occurring in an area renowned as Tornado Alley is climate change? OH SHIT, there's snow in the arctic people!!!!! It's the Day After Tomorrow all over again!!!

Marcus Aurelius
05-22-2013, 02:42 PM
I guess Sen. Boxcar didn't see this thread...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?40962-NASA-report-verifies-CO2-actually-cools-atmosphere&p=640680#post640680

:laugh:

aboutime
05-22-2013, 02:49 PM
The answer is yes. Remember they don't call it Global Warming anymore. They call it Climate Change so it doesn't matter if it is warming or cooling. It's all Climate Change. The only question is whether or not it is man made.

Of course it's man made. It's BUSH working in mysterious ways again. Since he managed to beat AL GORE..he must be responsible.

Gaffer
05-22-2013, 05:35 PM

The only question is when are they going to stop the man is to blame for everything BS. One volcano can do more to change the climate than man can do in a hundred years. And they are only talking man in the term of the US. Because it's all about taking money from everyones pocket.

red states rule
05-23-2013, 04:00 AM

WE need to listen to them Jim since it is OUR money they want to piss away on their "green" programs

red states rule
05-23-2013, 04:02 AM

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/forum/resources/global-warming-comic/3760

DragonStryk72
05-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Okay, in seriousness, I am one of the people who does believe in Climate Change, but on the other hand, I think that in their fervor to show how dangerous it can be, scientists are overestimating things a large ways, not just fudging the numbers, but reducing other things that could be more readily effecting the climate.

Such as the fact that the last 20 years, we've had increased solar activity, that is now cooling, leading to a general cooling trend. Isn't it more likely that the sun, the bringer of warmth to the planet, has a fairly solid impact on our weather and climate?

You can't look at every little weather fluctuation and start screaming, "CLIMATE CHANGE! CLIMATE CHANGE! WE ARE DESTROYING THE EARTH!", because you make your entire side of the argument look like god-damned nutters.

I was actually watching Bill Maher the other day, and it turns out that using old "dirty" techniques for maintaining cows and cattle, we can actually draw carbon out of the atmosphere, techniques we abandoned in the desire to get "cleaner". And apparently, the same is true of the old slash & burn tactics used in the rainforest. When the practices got stopped, the rainforests, oddly, started to die off a bit, until some of the folks who had been doing it came forward with the obvious point that, using slash & burn, they'd been putting nutrients into the soil that promoted long-term growth, but no one wanted to hear that.

We can take care of Earth, and be environmentally sound, but not by being total nutters about, dancing to whatever beat the scientific community is throwing out this week.

Marcus Aurelius
05-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Such as the fact that the last 20 years, we've had increased solar activity, that is now cooling, leading to a general cooling trend. Isn't it more likely that the sun, the bringer of warmth to the planet, has a fairly solid impact on our weather and climate?

http://therealrevo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/al-gore-breathing-fire.jpg

BE GONE, SATAN!!!!!!!

aboutime
05-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Okay, in seriousness, I am one of the people who does believe in Climate Change, but on the other hand, I think that in their fervor to show how dangerous it can be, scientists are overestimating things a large ways, not just fudging the numbers, but reducing other things that could be more readily effecting the climate.

You can't look at every little weather fluctuation and start screaming, "CLIMATE CHANGE! CLIMATE CHANGE! WE ARE DESTROYING THE EARTH!", because you make your entire side of the argument look like god-damned nutters.

I was actually watching Bill Maher the other day, and it turns out that using old "dirty" techniques for maintaining cows and cattle, we can actually draw carbon out of the atmosphere, techniques we abandoned in the desire to get "cleaner". And apparently, the same is true of the old slash & burn tactics used in the rainforest. When the practices got stopped, the rainforests, oddly, started to die off a bit, until some of the folks who had been doing it came forward with the obvious point that, using slash & burn, they'd been putting nutrients into the soil that promoted long-term growth, but no one wanted to hear that.

We can take care of Earth, and be environmentally sound, but not by being total nutters about, dancing to whatever beat the scientific community is throwing out this week.

I guess I've just been around too long, and remember too many Winters, Summers, and various seasons of Intense periods of Extreme Heat during Summer, and Spring months. Then extremely cold, snowy Winters while growing up.
Keep in mind. Our heat for our house was COAL in a furnace that didn't always work so well above the first floor. And, we never had Air conditioning....other than the One big Window fan in our living room...that drew in all of the traffic fumes from the cars that passed, and sat at the red light on the corner.
The Earth has a way of taking care of itself. It's just too easy for the Money Hungry, Scare tactic Rich Liberal Tree Huggers to claim everything is MAN'S fault. Because we all know. Most of the world's population is terribly gullible, and Uneducated.

DragonStryk72
05-23-2013, 10:41 PM
I guess I've just been around too long, and remember too many Winters, Summers, and various seasons of Intense periods of Extreme Heat during Summer, and Spring months. Then extremely cold, snowy Winters while growing up.
Keep in mind. Our heat for our house was COAL in a furnace that didn't always work so well above the first floor. And, we never had Air conditioning....other than the One big Window fan in our living room...that drew in all of the traffic fumes from the cars that passed, and sat at the red light on the corner.
The Earth has a way of taking care of itself. It's just too easy for the Money Hungry, Scare tactic Rich Liberal Tree Huggers to claim everything is MAN'S fault. Because we all know. Most of the world's population is terribly gullible, and Uneducated.

I look at it from a reasonable standpoint, and clearly that's where I go wrong. To me, 6.5 billion people are going to have impact on the Earth's eco system, but I also bear in mind that we are a PART of the eco system as well.

BillyBob
05-23-2013, 10:52 PM
I look at it from a reasonable standpoint, and clearly that's where I go wrong. To me, 6.5 billion people are going to have impact on the Earth's eco system,

Yes, it seems logical to assume that. But to what degree? It may be nominal at best.

but I also bear in mind that we are a PART of the eco system as well.

Yep, as natural as a deer or a bird or a Chinshakiangosaurus chunghoensis.

Robert A Whit
05-23-2013, 11:14 PM

Reminds me of Chuck Schumer, Charlie Rangel, Bloomberg and now Weiner eh?

Kathianne
05-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Reminds me of Chuck Schumer, Charlie Rangel, Bloomberg and now Weiner eh?

or yourself. Whoops, I did respond, my bad.

Robert A Whit
05-24-2013, 12:07 AM
or yourself. Whoops, I did respond, my bad.

Trouble with your flawed thinking is I am not a politician.

Gaffer
05-24-2013, 07:22 AM
I look at it from a reasonable standpoint, and clearly that's where I go wrong. To me, 6.5 billion people are going to have impact on the Earth's eco system, but I also bear in mind that we are a PART of the eco system as well.

6.5 billion people = 1/16th of one volcano. (my random number)

aboutime
05-24-2013, 01:17 PM

DragonStryk. How bout this? Suppose somebody like AL GORE managed to convince 6.5 Billion people around the World to send him a SINGLE DOLLAR because they feel sorry for being part of the ECO system.

Would that be considered Making Money on the Backs of SIX pt. FIVE BILLION people...all of whom make AL GORE a Billionaire???

(And, let's not forget. AL probably would keep most of his Billions in OFFSHORE accounts to avoid Federal Taxes....Wait a second! He already does that)