PDA

View Full Version : Tsarnaev friend killed in Orlando by FBI

jimnyc
05-22-2013, 07:30 AM
I will be curious to see details on this, what prompted the shooting, and if the Chechen had any involvement. Odd that it would be an interview and ends up in a shooting?

A man was fatally shot when a team of FBI agents swarmed an apartment complex near Universal Studios in Orlando.

The shooting happened early Wednesday.

The FBI did not immediately return a phone call early Wednesday from The Associated Press seeking details. The FBI has not released the name of the suspect who was shot or confirmed the possible connection to the Boston bombing suspects.

But a friend of the victim says that the FBI shot Ibragim Todashev, according to the Orlando Sentinel. He also says that Ibragim Todashev told him that the FBI was questioning him because he was friends with Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the older brother of the Boston Marathon bombing suspect in custody. Both Todashev and Tamerlan Tsarnaev were mixed martial arts boxers.

A man claiming to be the suspect's friend told WFTV reporter Steve Barrett:

"He had a ticket from New York, [and] from there, he was going to go back home [to Chechnya]. They were pushing him, saying, 'Stay, don't leave.' They said, 'We want to interview you one last time and talk to you a last time.' And he decided to stay, and today's interview was supposed to be the last time, and they said they were going to leave him alone," said the victim's friend, Khusen Taramov.

An FBI spokesman told Orlando television stations that their agent was conducting official duties when the shooting occurred. No further details were released, but the agency says an update is expected later Wednesday.

Meanwhile, a judge has agreed to postpone a probable cause hearing for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Marianne Bowler on Tuesday granted a joint request from prosecutors and defense attorneys to postpone the May 30 hearing until July 2. The lawyers say they need more time to obtain and review evidence, and cited complex legal issues in the case.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2013/0522/Tsarnaev-friend-killed-in-Orlando-by-FBI

jimnyc
05-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Now I'm reading that he does have possible ties to the attack in Boston. I'm betting that by 11am I can find stories of people claiming government setup and similar (maybe even here!). I doubt they would travel 1500 miles to Florida to kill someone not even heard of prior to today. We'll have to wait and see how this pans out.

http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-agent-kills-man-questioning-him-boston-marathon-114808069.html

Kathianne
05-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Something very weird here, been hearing this all day. Wasn't the first time they interviewed him, seems to have had more to do with the triple homicide than with Boston from what I've heard.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57585725/ibragim-todashev-implicated-tsarnaev-himself-in-triple-homicide-before-fbi-shooting/

Updated at 3:35 p.m. ET

A friend of Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev implicated himself and Tsarnaev in an unsolved triple homicide before authorities say he instigated a violent confrontation that resulted in his death early Wednesday morning, CBS News correspondent Bob Orr reports.

Law enforcement sources told Orr that the man, a Chechen identified as Ibragim Todashev, implicated himself and Tsarnaev to authorities in the 2011 killings in Waltham, Mass., under questioning Wednesday at Todashev's apartment in Orlando, Fla.

Authorities went to the apartment after having obtained what the sources described as strong evidence to suggest that Todashev, Tsarnaev and his brother Dzhokhar were involved in the killings on the tenth anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

The sources also said that authorities have no evidence tying Todashev to last month's deadly terrorist bombing at the Boston Marathon that the Tsarnaev brothers are accused of carrying out.

Sometime after midnight Wednesday morning in Orlando, an FBI special agent from the bureau's Boston field office was accompanied by at least two troopers from the Massachusetts State Police and a Joint Terrorism Task Force agent to question Todashev, the sources said. The questioning primarily focused on the 2011 killings.

While the FBI's investigation into Wednesday's shooting is ongoing, the preliminary details are that after Todashev implicated himself and Tamerlan Tsarnaev he became angered when authorities pressed him for a full confession, the sources said. Todashev brandished a knife, prompting the officials to feel that their lives were in danger. The FBI agent then shot Todashev.

The Tsarnaev brothers and Todashev apparently knew the three people killed in Waltham, the sources said.

Timing and his 'having a knife' do not seem normal.

aboutime
05-22-2013, 03:17 PM
The FBI rarely announces, or presents details about anything they do not want WE THE PEOPLE to know.

Syrenn
05-22-2013, 03:26 PM
yeah, i heard this on the new this morning. The details should be interesting if they ever come out.

BillyBob
05-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Obama dodges another bullet....can't say the same for Todashev.

Kathianne
05-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Something very weird here, been hearing this all day. Wasn't the first time they interviewed him, seems to have had more to do with the triple homicide than with Boston from what I've heard.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57585725/ibragim-todashev-implicated-tsarnaev-himself-in-triple-homicide-before-fbi-shooting/

Timing and his 'having a knife' do not seem normal.

Hmmm...

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/05/why-did-the-fbi-kill-an-unarmed-man-and-clam-up/276369/

Why Did the FBI Kill an Unarmed Man and Clam Up? By Conor FriedersdorfWhat led an FBI agent, or some other law enforcement official, to shoot and kill an unarmed man in Orlando, Florida? The man, Ibragim Todashev, was being questioned about the Boston bombing, as well as an unsolved 2011 triple murder that he may or may not have confessed to committing. Does that sound sketchy? Don't blame me. Once he died, law enforcement started releasing anonymous, conflicting explanations so dubious that they warrant an inquiry all by themselves.

Did the dead man have a knife? A gun? A sword? None of those? Let's run through a timeline of what we've been told, and then assess all the information that the FBI hasn't released about the killing.

Tentative Conclusions

It is difficult to understand how, having shot the man dead, the multiple law enforcement personnel on scene could've gotten the details wrong. Discrepancies can creep into an account of a stressful situation. But how can there possibly be confusion about whether the suspect was a) wielding a knife, per the original story; b) unarmed, per subsequent versions; c) or lunging with or toward a samurai sword? We're supposed to believe that multiple law enforcement personnel went to a man's apartment, confirmed via his own confession that he participated in a triple murder with an alleged terrorist, and still left him within reach of a samurai sword? And that, after he lunged toward one agent with the sword, or else lunged toward the sword, or an officer's gun, or something, there was so much confusion that it was reported for days that the suspect attacked with a knife? Come on. Law enforcement couldn't get its story straight.

At best, an incompetently handled suspect was given access to a weapon so dangerous it justified using deadly force in response. Perhaps that's all this is. Or perhaps it will turn out that Todashev was wrongfully killed. The facts known to the public are worrisome enough that an independent inquiry is justified. In addition, this case illustrates why the FBI ought to be required to record all of its interrogations, using video when possible and at least audio in all circumstances.

As I said at the time, 'something very weird here.' It just keeps getting weirder and has to make one wonder.

logroller
05-31-2013, 12:42 AM
It does sound a little wierd, but usually its the first reports that carry. I'm sure the internal investigation will be hush hush and it'll be ruled justified. Seemingly always is.

Gaffer
05-31-2013, 07:44 AM
Hmmm...

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/05/why-did-the-fbi-kill-an-unarmed-man-and-clam-up/276369/

As I said at the time, 'something very weird here.' It just keeps getting weirder and has to make one wonder.

Nothing about this story sets right with me. They interviewed him in the comfort of his own home? Yet he was suspected of taking part in a murder? None of that makes any sense at all. The agents and officers can't even get their stories straight. That's not consistent with most law enforcement I've known.

The FBI not saying anything says volumes.

Kathianne
05-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Nothing about this story sets right with me. They interviewed him in the comfort of his own home? Yet he was suspected of taking part in a murder? None of that makes any sense at all. The agents and officers can't even get their stories straight. That's not consistent with most law enforcement I've known.

The FBI not saying anything says volumes.

For good reason. The story keeps changing:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/05/fbi-changes-its-story-again-ibragim-todashev-shooting/65750/

The FBI Changes Its Story (Again) on the Ibragim Todashev Shooting
Dashiell Bennett (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/authors/dashiell-bennett/) 6,520 Views 7:41 AM ET

Law enforcement officials are still trying to explain how a supposedly peaceful interview with an important witness in the Boston bombing case turned into a deadly shooting (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/05/fbi-shooting-orlando-boston-marathon/65476/), but as usual, every new attempt to explain the death of Ibragim Todashev only raises more troubling questions. After originally accusing the suspect (and potential murderous accomplice of Boston bomber Tamleran Tsarnaev) of attacking an FBI agent with a knife (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/05/ibragim-todashev-analysis/65536/), and then walking back that claim entirely (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/05/fbi-shooting-orlando-boston-marathon/65476/), an new anonymous source says Todashev may have injured the agent with a table and a metal pole. Or maybe not.

Here's the way the attack was described in The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/31/us/man-tied-to-boston-suspect-said-to-have-attacked-fbi-agent.html?hp&pagewanted=all). Everyone seems to agree that after several hours of interrogation, Todashev was prepared to confess to an unsolved murder that he and Tamerlan Tsarnaev were connected to. Then things get a lot less clear:

At that moment, Mr. Todashev picked up the table and threw it at the agent, knocking him to the ground. While trying to stand up, the agent, who suffered a wound to his face from the table that required stitches, drew his gun and saw Mr. Todashev running at him with a metal pole, according to the official, adding that it might have been a broomstick.
So not only has the story changed again, it has now changed twice in the same sentence. The weapon has now gone from nothing to a knife, back to nothing to a table to a metal pole to a broomstick. Todashev was also apparently shot more than once, after an initial volley of "several shots" somehow failed to bring him down.

Oh, and there's a pretty big difference between a metal pole and a broomstick, and the fact that the Times source can't decide which one it is suggests they don't really know happened either. (CNN reported that Todashev owned a samurai sword (http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/30/us/florida-fbi-shooting-boston/index.html) that was in the room, but no one has yet suggested that he wielded that at any time.) With at least three witnesses, you're likely to get three different stories and we might never know which, if any of them, is the most accurate.

The new version of events also doesn't answer the question of why the FBI agent immediately began firing his weapon or why the other police officers in the room failed to intervene. Which leaves us right back where we started: A confusing scene (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/05/fbi-shooting-orlando-boston-marathon/65476/), an apparently unnecessary death, and a very suspicious explanation. And on top of all that, the FBI lost what could have been one of their most valuable sources of information on what the Tsarnaev brothers were really up to before they carried out their attack.

UPDATE: John Miller of CBS News has a few extra details this morning that add to the Times account. According to his sources, one of the Massachusetts state troopers in the room became concerned that Todashev might try something, but rather that speak up and provoke him, he sent a text to the FBI agent. When the agent looked down to read the text, that's when Todashev attacked, again with an unknown object. The other officers in the room never pulled their guns.

Miller (who is a former FBI agent himself) also says an FBI shooting review board will investigate the shooting.

Gaffer
05-31-2013, 08:21 PM
For good reason. The story keeps changing:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/05/fbi-changes-its-story-again-ibragim-todashev-shooting/65750/

This is going from weird to bizarre. Are there any professionals left in the govt agencies?

revelarts
05-31-2013, 09:47 PM
man this stinks real bad.
So looks like we've got a few options here seem to me

the FBi on this case are bungling fools who shot this unarmed/armed guy by accident and are now trying to pitifully cover their butts.
or
They are just bungling liars trying to justify the shooting of this armed/unarmed man who they meant to kill.

Both are options. There's no way to know which is true... with the info at hand.
Do you think we should trust any other report from them on this case?
Even if all the FBI reports coming out after this point are true, It's like the FEDs who cried wolf now.
At least J Edgar could tell a solid lie when he wanted to.

Kathianne
05-31-2013, 10:04 PM
man this stinks real bad.
So looks like we've got a few options here seem to me

the FBi on this case are bungling fools who shot this unarmed/armed guy by accident and are now trying to pitifully cover their butts.
or
They are just bungling liars trying to justify the shooting of this armed/unarmed man who they meant to kill.

Both are options. There's no way to know which is true... with the info at hand.
Do you think we should trust any other report from them on this case?
Even if all the FBI reports coming out after this point are true, It's like the FEDs who cried wolf now.
At least J Edgar could tell a solid lie when he wanted to.

I'm much less conspiracy minded than yourself. I can't for the life of me see all those law enforcement folks in the perps apartment, leaving 1 agent alone. Not after they had 'an oral confession' of his regarding a triple homicide. To assume truth, one has to assume they were not only reckless leaving one alone, they did so with prior knowledge of weapons within reach. Doesn't make sense.

revelarts
05-31-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm much less conspiracy minded than yourself. I can't for the life of me see all those law enforcement folks in the perps apartment, leaving 1 agent alone. Not after they had 'an oral confession' of his regarding a triple homicide. To assume truth, one has to assume they were not only reckless leaving one alone, they did so with prior knowledge of weapons within reach. Doesn't make sense.

there's something way wrong with the story.
It may be simple tragic bungling though. But who knows.

I still can't understand the lies the cops told about the brother captured in the Boat.
the 1st story was that there was big shoot out, then they said there wasn't. Finally they admit that the 19 year Old kid DID NOT have a gun.

but he was somehow shot in the throat.
how does that happen? no one has given an answer to that either. the whole thing stinks to me.

taft2012
06-01-2013, 04:55 AM
Yeah, it's all bungling by the cops. :rolleyes:

All you know about this case is what you've read. During the Boston manhunt the media was starved for information so they were obviously grabbing any cop who would talk to them and reporting things like; "There's a report that such-and-such is happening"....without confirming it.

Admittedly it's hard to confirm anything with a situation unfolding, multiple agencies involved, and no one really clearly in charge.

In the week after 9/11 I heard an array of rumors flying around, none of which turned out to be true; Chief Esposito was dead (he just retired two months ago), the entire Manhattan South Task Force was mustering up outside the south tower, it fell on them, wiping out the entire Task Force, a few chiefs that everyone hated were dead (probably just wishful thinking), and numerous other individuals being grievously wounded... etc.

So all you can do is arrive at a conclusion at who is bungling; law enforcement or reporters rushing out unconfirmed rumors.

Since reporters don't come after your weed, it's obvious which side you're going to land on.

Kathianne
06-01-2013, 05:01 AM
there's something way wrong with the story.
It may be simple tragic bungling though. But who knows.

I still can't understand the lies the cops told about the brother captured in the Boat.
the 1st story was that there was big shoot out, then they said there wasn't. Finally they admit that the 19 year Old kid DID NOT have a gun.

but he was somehow shot in the throat.
how does that happen? no one has given an answer to that either. the whole thing stinks to me.

That scenario makes some sense to me, true chaos. The brothers had blown up the Boston Marathon, people are killed. Police are faulted to some degree. FBI and DEA brought in, police become gofers. Then they have this shootout and brother two drives over subdued brother two, police 'let' the brother be run over. Whole section of city of Boston shut down, police are blamed for time. Curfew is being lifted, homeowner 'finds' him. Sounds like a big case of friendly fire as the cops run in, reporters heard the shooting and the cops were lucky none of them were shot.

I'm not saying that there's some 'grand plan' is impossible, but then you have to make brother two part of it, who later gets shot by police. He did run over brother 1.

Gaffer
06-01-2013, 06:58 AM
I tend to agree with Taft as to the news reporters getting things all bollixed up. There didn't seem to be a lot of named sources in the reports, but in some cases there were news conferences saying different things. That seems to be standard for the govt now days.

revelarts
06-07-2013, 12:00 PM
MOSCOW–The father of a Chechen man who was friends with one of the alleged Boston Marathon bombers claims his son was shot “execution style” by the FBI last week.
“I want justice and an investigation in accordance with American laws to punish those who are guilty,” Abdul-Baki Todashev said. “They were not FBI employees, but bandits.”
The deceased man, 27 year-old Ibragim Todashev, was shot and killed by FBI investigators who were interrogating him about whether he had any role in, or had any advance knowledge of, last month’s Boston Marathon bombing. They also questioned him about his role in an unsolved triple murder in 2011. Todashev was a friend of Tamerlan Tsarnaev, one of the suspects in the Boston attack.
Todashev was shot seven times, including once to the head, according to his father. He displayed graphic photos, taken by friends who claimed the body from an Orlando area morgue, as evidence. The authenticity of the photos could not be verified, but they show several bullet holes in the body, including one to the head.

“To make sure that he was dead,” the father said, speaking in Russian.
At a press conference in Moscow, where he is applying for a visa to travel to the United States to collect the body, Abdul-Baki Todashev questioned why his son had been shot so many times even though he was said to be unarmed.
“They could have simply grabbed my son or, in the worst case, they could have wounded him,” he said, noting that the FBI’s story has been evolving.
“They simply killed him as they wanted and my opinion is that they wanted to get rid of him to shut him up,” he added.
Initially, the FBI said that the agents felt endangered after Todashev attacked them with a knife and they fired on him in self defense. This week, however, officials said he lunged, possibly for one of the agent’s guns or a sword that was in the room, but was unarmed when he was killed. The press conference was scheduled before the latest FBI revelation.
Abdul-Baki Todashev said his son was killed during his third interrogation by law enforcement. During the first, he said, the younger Todashev was questioned about his role and knowledge of the Boston bombing. During the second interrogation, they began to ask him about the triple murder in Waltham, Mass., he said. Officials claim Todashev was in the process of confessing to the murders when he threatened the agents.

The father denied his son was involved in the Boston bombing, saying Todashev only knew Tamerlan Tsarnaev because they boxed at the same gym in Boston.
“They were just acquaintances, not close friends,” the father said. He denied his son had any ties to militants or extreme religious views.
The father cast doubt on the FBI’s claims that his son was about to confess to a role in the triple murder, noting that his son had received a green card just a few months ago and would not have been able to do so if there was any suspicion about him.

“I know him so well. I know what he can do and what he can’t,” the father said.
He questioned why a friend, who was also interviewed that night, was asked to leave when they began to interview Todashev. He also wondered why no video or audio evidence has been made public to corroborate the FBI’s version of events....

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/05/fbi-bandits-executed-friend-of-boston-suspect-dad-says/

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/30/article-2333101-1A1186F1000005DC-401_634x430.jpg

stinks

jimnyc
06-07-2013, 12:21 PM
stinks

I agree with you that we need MUCH more information coming from the FBI. Have they answered any inquiries or made more definitive statements on what happened? I'm not going to simply take this mans word, no more than I would Tsarnaev's Mother and all of her conspiracies.

I didn't open the article, only read what was posted here. But has the picture been verified by any authorities?

revelarts
06-07-2013, 12:31 PM
I agree with you that we need MUCH more information coming from the FBI. Have they answered any inquiries or made more definitive statements on what happened? I'm not going to simply take this mans word, no more than I would Tsarnaev's Mother and all of her conspiracies.

I didn't open the article, only read what was posted here. But has the picture been verified by any authorities?

I don't know, can we believe them if they denied it was real at this point.

it stinks

jimnyc
06-07-2013, 12:41 PM
I don't know, can we believe them if they denied it was real at this point.

it stinks

The photo, if altered in anyway at all, could easily be disproved. If the health agency involved didn't see the wounds during/after an autopsy, they could also dispute the photo. If what appears to be execution style wounds to his head - they need to explain away, with proof, that this photo is not real, or TRY and explain how these wounds appeared on his head.

Keep in mind, we all get to discuss/debate and shred through things like this right from day one, where as the authorities have a duty to keep certain things private and do an investigation. In no way am I taking a side and saying that the shooting was legit - just that I'm not going to believe a Chechen alone, I'll await the 'facts' from both sides and then make a decision. If I HAD to do so now, sure, it looks like an execution style wound. But I also saw all kinds of wounds and pictures of Bin Laden - and they turned out to be fakes.

If the FBI refuses to clear up this picture, then I will further wonder what really took place.

Just for the hell of it, let me ask a premature question - why do you think the Feds would want this kid dead? Just curious!

revelarts
06-07-2013, 02:15 PM
The photo, if altered in anyway at all, could easily be disproved. If the health agency involved didn't see the wounds during/after an autopsy, they could also dispute the photo. If what appears to be execution style wounds to his head - they need to explain away, with proof, that this photo is not real, or TRY and explain how these wounds appeared on his head.

Keep in mind, we all get to discuss/debate and shred through things like this right from day one, where as the authorities have a duty to keep certain things private and do an investigation. In no way am I taking a side and saying that the shooting was legit - just that I'm not going to believe a Chechen alone, I'll await the 'facts' from both sides and then make a decision. If I HAD to do so now, sure, it looks like an execution style wound. But I also saw all kinds of wounds and pictures of Bin Laden - and they turned out to be fakes.

If the FBI refuses to clear up this picture, then I will further wonder what really took place.

Just for the hell of it, let me ask a premature question - why do you think the Feds would want this kid dead? Just curious!

Jim I've got zero real idea why they would do it, if they did it on purpose.

Motive is a real concern but
If you see a man on a street shoot someone for no apparent reason the 1st question is why?
but if answers aren't clear from what you've seen and the shooter says 'it was self defense'.
That obvious lie doesn't give you anything good to go on. At that point speculation, wild and reasonable, can come into play.
But not knowing the real motive doesn't make the shooter innocent.

But what are the likely reasons an FBI agent would kill a kid gangland style?
for money, Frustration/hate, to send a message, to keep a secret, political gain, urge to Protect...

until we get some real evidence take your pick. To keep a secret would be my 1st pick.
What secret? if i knew that they might have to kill me.

and you know this transmission is being backed-up by the gov't for free.

revelarts
08-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Florida says it won't investigate the sketchy gov't murder/death/kill of Todashev

Source: The Guardian (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/01/florida-wont-investigate-police-shooting-of-chechen-man/)

State investigators in Florida have rejected a request for an independent investigation of the fatal shooting of a Chechen man while he was being questioned about his ties to one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects.
Florida’s department of law enforcement declined the request by the American Civil Liberties Union of Florida to look into the death of Ibragim Todashev.

Todashev was killed in May while being questioned by FBI agents and others. Officials originally said Todashev lunged at an FBI agent with a knife. They later said it was no longer clear what happened.
Tuesday’s letter said it would be inappropriate for the Florida agency to intervene.
ACLU of Florida director Howard Simon said he found the response extremely disappointing. “Secrecy fosters suspicion and the people of Florida deserve better than to be left without an explanation from their government about what led to a person being shot to death,” Simon said in a news release.
Read More... (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/01/florida-wont-investigate-police-shooting-of-chechen-man/)

nothing to see here move along...

revelarts
10-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Now they've got the Girl Friend in solitary confinement for "talking" .
going to deport her,
They can't deport illegal aliens with records of killing, rape, kidnapping, arm robbery and dealing drugs who NEVER had visas, but they can deport the girlfriend of a friend of a bomber for talking to a newspaper.
welcome to America.

Girlfriend of Alleged Tamerlan Tsarnaev Accomplice Arrested in Florida Tatiana Gruzdeva, the girlfriend of Ibragim Todashev, said she’s going to be deported for talking to the press. By Susan Zalkind (http://www.bostonmagazine.com/author/szalkind/) | Boston Daily (http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/) | <time class="entry-date" datetime="2013-10-01T17:55:11+00:00" pubdate="">October 1, 2013 5:55 pm</time>

Tatiana Gruzdeva, the girlfriend of Ibragim Todashev—the man shot by the FBI just after allegedly implicating himself and marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev in a 2011 triple murder in Waltham—has been arrested in Florida by Department of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. In a collect call from Glades County Jail, where she said she is being held in solitary confinement, Tatiana Gruzdeva said that immigration officers told her she was being deported because of her interviews with Boston magazine.

The Glades County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that Gruzdeva is being held in the county jail.
Gruzdeva, 19, said she had gone to sign work papers at the local immigrations office at 11 p.m. Tuesday. She had been waiting for weeks for the work authorization form that would allow her to earn a living. Instead, she said, she was taken aside and arrested. “They said it’s because of interview,” she said. “I’m in the room by myself,” she said repeatedly, crying.

Gruzdeva gave an exclusive interview (http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/09/20/new-details-fbi-shooting-death-tamerlan-tsarnaev-associate/) to Boston magazine on September 18, in which she shared details of Todashev’s last days before being shot by the FBI. She told of learning of his death in May while being held in solitary confinement by immigration officials, part of a months-long detention. She was finally released in August, her visa extended for a year. She also broke the news to Boston magazine that her friend and roommate, Ashurmamad Miraliev—who had also been friends with Todashev—had been arrested and questioned (http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/09/25/ashurmamad-miraliev-denied-attorney-questioned-fbi/) by the FBI.
The Council on American Islamic Relations then issued a press release condemning Miraliev’s arrest and alleging that the FBI denied Miraliev’s requests for an attorney while questioning him about Todashev for six hours. The arrest, CAIR alleged, was part of the FBI’s systematic harassment of Todashev’s friends.
An ICE representative could not be reached due to the federal shutdown.

revelarts
10-04-2013, 08:20 PM
direct link to above..
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/10/01/tatiana-gruzdeva-arrested-to-be-deported/#.UkyB26uyeCM.twitter

revelarts
01-31-2014, 09:01 AM
link to GRAPHIC pictures of bloody apartment and body of Todashev
with gun shot wound in head

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/12/30/ibragim-todashevs-father-writes-open-letter-obama-releases-photos-surrounding-sons-death-warning-graphic/

revelarts
01-31-2014, 09:03 AM
the story reviewed in some detail..

..Ibragim Todashev’s death came during the third of three separate interrogations (http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/father-of-chechen-killed-in-florida-says-fbi-murdered-him/2013/05/30/f3d7f80c-c936-11e2-9245-773c0123c027_story.html) by the FBI in the spring of 2013, according to his father, Abdulbaki Todashev. The first time the FBI visited Ibragim Todashev it was to question him about his relationship with Tamerlan Tsarnaev, one of the suspects accused in the Boston Marathon bombings. His second encounter with the FBI dealt with a triple murder in Waltham, Massachusetts, that the police believed Tsarnaev was involved with. The third, and final, interview took place in Orlando, Florida, at the home of Todashev and included both FBI and Massachusetts State Police.
The final interrogation took place on on May 22, 2013. It took on a different focus and tone than the previous two interrogations. Earlier interviews focused on his relationship to the slain Boston bombing suspect, Tamerlan Tsarvaev — though officials stated that Todashev was not suspected of involvement in the April 15 bombing. This time, Todashev faced a Boston FBI agent and two Massachusetts State Police troopers, one of which was assigned to the Middlesex district attorney’s office tasked with investigating a triple-homicide (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/authorities-link-tsarnaev-brothers-2011-triple-homicide-report-article-1.1341207) unrelated to the Boston bombing incident that took place in the Boston suburb of Waltham on September 11, 2011....

bragim Todashev and wife, Reniya Manukyan.
(Source: a-w-i-p.com)
His widow, Reniya Manukyan, says (http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/05/23/wife-man-killed-fbi-agent-says-was-never-questioned-about-waltham-triple-murder/T12hTgk4RubFutCdlw2J4O/story.html) that until mid-2013, he had never been questioned about the murders that had occurred 1.5 years earlier. During the final interrogation, law enforcement officials grilled Todashev for 8 hours in his own apartment, without a lawyer present. The situation was highly unconventional.
The interrogators suspected that Tsarnaev carried out the Waltham murders, and have said that Todashev implicated Tsarnaev before being shot and killed. Law enforcement sources claim that at about 12:15 in the morning, Todashev sat down at a table brought into the room by agents to write a formal confession regarding the Waltham murders. He never wrote a word, but instead overturned the table and lunged at the interrogator, forcing the confrontation and justifying the FBI agent to shoot Todashev 7 times.
According to a statement released by the FBI (http://www.fbi.gov/boston/press-releases/2013/fbi-boston-divisions-response-to-shooting-incident-in-orlando-florida) the day of the killing:

“The agent, two Massachusetts State Police troopers, and other law enforcement personnel were interviewing an individual in connection with the Boston Marathon bombing investigation when a violent confrontation was initiated by the individual. During the confrontation, the individual was killed and the agent sustained non-life threatening injuries.”
Todashev was shot 6 times in the chest and once in the back of the head, autopsy photos revealed.
The FBI’s narrative contradicted itself regarding whether Todashev was armed. Some accounts stated Todashev was armed with a knife, others said a metal pole or broomstick (http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/07/16/fbi-bars-florida-from-releasing-autopsy-report-shooting-todashev-friend-marathon-bombing-suspect/ya3iB1u4t2YQYN9wfMVseJ/story.html), and another alleged a samurai sword (http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/05/yet-another-explanation-for-the-killing-of-ibragim-todashev/276421/).
“Should something happen to me, call my parents.”
A New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/31/us/man-tied-to-boston-suspect-said-to-have-attacked-fbi-agent.html?smid=tw-share&pagewanted=all&_r=2&) article claims that injuries sustained by the agent to his face were due to the table being thrown at him and knocking him down. The WBUR (http://www.wbur.org/2014/01/14/todashev-fatal-fbi-shooting) sources claim that the state trooper witnessed Todashev “coming at him with ‘a pipe’ and believed Todashev would have split his skull if the agent had not shot first.”
These allegations posed a problem given that Todashev was found without a weapon. Two law enforcement officers, whose names have not been disclosed to the public, told the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/officials-man-who-knew-boston-bomber-was-unarmed-when-shot/2013/05/29/21f05b74-c8a8-11e2-9f1a-1a7cdee20287_story.html) that Ibragim Todashev was unarmed when he was shot and killed by the FBI.
The fact that the FBI cannot get its story straight has only served to cast doubt on everything that has been said so far regarding Todashev’s relationship to the Tsarnaevs and the Boston bombings. Alexander Abad-Santos, author at The Wire (http://www.thewire.com/national/2013/05/ibragim-todashev-analysis/65536/), impressively documented each of the conflicting reports and their original sources.

During the exceedingly lengthy interrogation of Ibragim Todashev, his friend, Khusen Taramov, was also questioned by the FBI separately outside of Todashev’s home. Taramov says (http://www.wbur.org/2014/01/14/todashev-fatal-fbi-shooting) that Todashev wanted him to remain in his house to be a witness, but the FBI quickly separated the two. “Should something happen to me, call my parents,” were Todashev’s last words to his friend. Todashev’s father claims that Taramov was “sent off (http://rt.com/news/todashev-head-shot-father-009/)” after being interviewed for three hours and told to return later due to the ongoing questioning of Todashev, noting that “the interrogation would take a long time.” Hours later when Taramov returned, local police and an ambulance were already responding to the scene of Todashev’s death.
The FBI and Department of Justice are conducting an internal investigation into the shooting, but the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the ACLU have called for independent inquiries into the shooting due to the government’s secrecy surrounding the case. Both requests have been rejected by law enforcement, saying that it would be inappropriate (http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/11/fbi-execute-friend-boston-bombing-suspect-ibragim-todashev-interrogation/).
In October, the Boston Globe reported that the Florida medical examiner’s office said that Todashev’s autopsy report was completed and ready for release on July 8th of 2013. The following Tuesday, the 16th , the medical examiner’s office told reporters that the FBI had ordered the office not to release the autopsy report (http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/07/16/fbi-bars-florida-from-releasing-autopsy-report-shooting-todashev-friend-marathon-bombing-suspect/ya3iB1u4t2YQYN9wfMVseJ/story.html) because of the federal agency’s ongoing internal investigation into Todashev’s death.

“(The FBI) took me and my friend, the suspect that got killed. They were talking to us, both of us, right? And they said they need him for a little more, for a couple more hours, and I left, and they told me they’re going to bring him back.
They never brought him back.” — Khusen Taramov
“Maybe my son knew something, some information the police did not want to be made public. Maybe they wanted to silence my son,” Todashev’s father said (http://rt.com/news/todashev-head-shot-father-009/).
The secrecy surrounding the shooting and the nature of the internal investigation has done little to help answer lingering questions while creating many more. In a newly detailed account (http://www.wbur.org/2014/01/14/todashev-fatal-fbi-shooting) of the interrogation, David Boeri of WBUR Boston shines unprecedented light on the events leading up to Ibragim Todashev’s death. His sources say that at some point during the long night of questioning in the cramped, oppressively hot condominium, Todashev cracked and blamed Tsarnaev for the Waltham murders.
“I was there, but I didn’t do the murders,” Todashev allegedly said (http://www.wbur.org/2014/01/14/todashev-fatal-fbi-shooting), according to those who killed him.

One irregularity noted in Boeri’s article is the strange phone call made by the state trooper assigned to the Middlesex D.A. The trooper apparently left the room to place a call to officials back in Middlesex, described as “no ordinary call at midnight (http://www.wbur.org/2014/01/14/todashev-fatal-fbi-shooting).” This left only the FBI agent and the other state trooper in the room with Todashev. According to the articles sources, Todashev was able to leave the room where the remaining state trooper observed him hide what he believed could have been a potential weapon. This begs the question of why such an important interrogation took place in such an unsecured location.
“They tortured a man for eight hours with no attorney, no witnesses, nobody. We can only guess what was going on there, until there is an official investigation,” the elder Todashev said (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/30/ibragim-todashev-fbi-shot-unarmed-boston-bombing/2372119/).
“He did not believe the Tsarnaevs did this. He said they had been set up. These were his exact words.”
The latest account (http://www.wbur.org/2014/01/14/todashev-fatal-fbi-shooting) of the chaos in the interrogation room claims that the FBI agent fired seven bullets in two bursts. The first cluster of three shots put Todashev on the ground momentarily. The second barrage came after sources say Todashev unbelievably rose from the ground after being hit three times and again went after the agent. The agent fired four more shots, riddling Todashev’s body with a total of seven bullets. Todashev’s father, however, believes (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/30/ibragim-todashev-fbi-shot-unarmed-boston-bombing/2372119/) that autopsy photos prove that one of those bullets was fired into the back of his son’s head.
Zaurbek Sadakhanov, a Chechen Lawyer present at the May 30th, 2013, news conference in Moscow, Russia, and which included Abdulbaki Toadashev, offered a pointed litany of unanswered questions (http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/officials-man-who-knew-boston-bomber-was-unarmed-when-shot/2013/05/29/21f05b74-c8a8-11e2-9f1a-1a7cdee20287_story.html?hpid=z2) lingering around the suspicious death: “Why was he interrogated three times without a lawyer? Why no recording? Why seven shots? And why should I believe their version? Why do American policemen believe they can do whatever they want?”
Former Los Angeles police officer turned investigative reporter Mike Ruppert gave his opinion of the encounter to RT.com (http://rt.com/news/todashev-head-shot-father-009/) identifying two irregularities with the official story being reported in the media. First, he notes that standard operating procedures do not seem to have been even remotely followed, and second, that it appears to him that the FBI is involved in setting the situation up.

“There’s an escalation-of-force scale which was obviously not followed in this case”, he said, referring to the officers’ decision to draw firearms. “But my second huge problem with the law enforcement story is he (Todashev) was supposed to be signing a confession to a triple murder…I don’t care even if you are the FBI – which doesn’t have a good reputation – you have somebody who’s about to sign a confession, you have him in a jail house, in a secure setting, and the police officers around him are not armed because he’s in a secure setting. For the FBI, this was, at best, horribly mishandled. But it sounds to me very much like they went there with the intent to provoke him and stage a shooting,” Ruppert went on, recounting a similar shooting from decades ago.

Why would the FBI interview a suspect whom they believed to be violent, connected to alleged terrorists, and an accessory to murder in his home at midnight rather than within the security of a police station of FBI office with an attorney or prosecutor present?
“Maybe my son knew something, some information the police did not want to be made public. Maybe they wanted to silence my son.”
Perhaps the answer lies in what he may have known regarding the Boston bombings: “He did not believe the Tsarnaevs did this,” Todashev’s father said (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/31/us/man-tied-to-boston-suspect-said-to-have-attacked-fbi-agent.html?pagewanted=2). “He said they had been set up. These were his exact words.”
“A reasonable and prudent investigator before conducting an accusatory interrogation would ensure his or her safety and the safety of his subject in question,” said Tom Shamshak (http://www.wbur.org/2014/01/14/todashev-fatal-fbi-shooting), a police trainer, instructor in investigations at Boston University and former Massachusetts police chief.
For Todashev’s sake — or anyone’s for that matter — he should not have spoken a word to the FBI without a lawyer being present. This provides him not only with legal consultation, but a witness when being confronted by those who might try to do him harm.
But was he allowed a lawyer? The FBI, in its spree of interrogations, rounded up another of Todashev’s acquaintances, Ashurmamad Miraliev. He says he was interrogated for six hours only about associations with Todashev despite repeatedly requesting his right to an attorney, CAIR-Florida said (http://rt.com/usa/todashev-friends-harassment-muslim-spying-359/). The FBI agents allegedly responded, “That is not happening.”
While there is no shortage of varied, often conflicting accounts of what happened at the home of Ibragim Todashev on the night of May 22, 2013, there remains a short supply of credible, objective witnesses to the event. In the absence of a video recording of the interrogation, there are no disinterested, third-party witnesses left to give an evenhanded account of the events leading up to the death of Todashev. It is not unreasonable to believe that his family and friends may never know the whole truth about why he was killed in a tiny room on a sweltering night in Orlando.
More worrisome still is the precedent an event like this creates for law enforcement to conduct “extrajudicial executions” (http://rt.com/news/todashev-head-shot-father-009/) and outright murder without fear of reprisal. Ibragim Todashev’s death should sound an alarm for foreigners and citizens alike who fear the loss of our constitutional rights and breakdown of the rule of law in police-state America. Earlier fears of assassinations taking place in within the borders of the United States seem to have now been confirmed with the state-sponsored termination of Ibragim Todashev due to his alleged ties to the accused Boston bombers. To paraphrase former White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/24/robert-gibbs-anwar-al-awlaki_n_2012438.html), perhaps he should have had more responsible friends.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Man_shot_in_the_back_of_the_head_by_FBI_during_8-hour_interrogation/32323/0/38/38/Y/M.html?morestories=obinsite