PDA

View Full Version : He just doesnt know when to stop does he?

06-03-2007, 09:58 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070603/ap_on_el_pr/mccain_immigration

McCain is challenging the other Republicans on the immigration issue. The man is literally taking a gun to his head and blasting it out in front of everyone. It's mind boggling.

stephanie
06-03-2007, 10:00 PM
McCain can kiss my grits..

Dilloduck
06-03-2007, 10:26 PM
McCain can kiss my grits..

President Bush supports the bill, as does Florida Sen. Mel Martinez (news, bio, voting record), who also serves as general chairman of the Republican National Committee.

Poor GOP. They really need a hispanic chairman now. LOL

stephanie
06-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Poor GOP. They really need a hispanic chairman now. LOL

President Bush on this immigration bill.......can kiss my grits too...

nevadamedic
06-03-2007, 11:32 PM
President Bush on this immigration bill.......can kiss my grits too...

This immigration bill will kill any candidate that supports it.

REDWHITEBLUE2
06-10-2007, 01:25 PM
McCain should change his [R] to [D] freaking liberal puke

nevadamedic
06-10-2007, 01:53 PM

Just because he has a messed up view on this subject doesn't call for what you said.

5stringJeff
06-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Bush and McCain are both dead wrong on immigration. That's why I have become wary of policies that Bush supports and why I won't ever vote for McCain (besides the travesty of CFR).

06-10-2007, 05:42 PM

Nah, he can stay R. Keep us the Senate Seat atleast. (until we get a real conservative to replace him). he just wont be president.

Gaffer
06-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Nah, he can stay R. Keep us the Senate Seat atleast. (until we get a real conservative to replace him). he just wont be president.

Doesn't do any good for him to keep the seat if he's going to vote as a dem. He can kiss the presidency goodbye.

06-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Doesn't do any good for him to keep the seat if he's going to vote as a dem. He can kiss the presidency goodbye.

no, actually it does. i mean not as much good as a conservative would do. but it gives us power to control the debate. Gives us power over the commitees, particularly the judiciary. and it gives us power to set the legislation that would come up with a vote.

nevadamedic
06-10-2007, 06:14 PM

This is the only thing he's really sided with the Dems on, and there has to be a back door deal or something going on. IMO I think maybe that he fought to change somethings in the bill and in order for Kennedy to support his changes he had to support Kennedy.

Dilloduck
06-10-2007, 07:16 PM
This is the only thing he's really sided with the Dems on, and there has to be a back door deal or something going on. IMO I think maybe that he fought to change somethings in the bill and in order for Kennedy to support his changes he had to support Kennedy.

Quit apologizing for the puke. If he wants for his local VFW, I'll support him.
He's a big loser.

Dilloduck
06-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Quit apologizing for the puke. If he wants for his local VFW, I'll support him.
He's a big loser.

http://www.mydd.com/story/2007/4/3/11936/97033

Gunny
06-10-2007, 07:26 PM

It's real simple. This issue can have catastrophic consequences. Both Bush and McCain are Republicans, supposedly representative of conservative ideology.

There is NOTHING conservative about this amnesty bill. Basiclly, they are betraying the cause, and their constituents.

I'm with Jeff on this ... everythign Bush does until his term ends will get extra scrutiny, and I will NOT vote for McCain, period. He can debate until he's blue in the face.

Kathianne
06-11-2007, 07:53 AM
and they really don't get it, or perhaps they do and this headline is correct:

http://www.slate.com/id/2168226/&#foolyahoos

Fool the Yahoos! Bush's surge to save his immigration bill.
By Mickey Kaus
Updated Monday, June 11, 2007, at 2:14 AM ET

Pale Rider
06-11-2007, 09:08 AM
If this amnesty passes, it will be the worst thing I've ever seen get passes politically in all my life. I'll never forget who voted for it. I'll print out that vote and paste it on my wall. I'll also lose complete faith in the republican party. Also, if it passes, this bill will ruin America as we know it, both our sovereignty, and our economy, and it will permanently damage the republican party.

Kathianne
06-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Honestly, between Bush and Mexico I am so pissed off!

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20050324-121935-8473r.htm

Mexico accused of abusing its illegals

By Jerry Seper
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

The State Department says that the Mexican government, angry that a thousand American volunteers will begin an Arizona border vigil next month, consistently violates the rights of illegal immigrants crossing its southern border into Mexico.

Many of the illegals in Mexico, who emigrate from Central and South America, complain of "double dangers" of extortion by Mexican authorities and robbery and killings by organized gangs.

The State Department's Human Rights Practices report, released only last month, cites abuses at all levels of the Mexican government, and charges that Mexican police and immigration officials not only violate the rights of illegal immigrants, but traffic in illegal aliens.

Although Mexico demands that its citizens' rights be protected when they illegally enter the United States, immigrants who cross illegally into Mexico "are often ripped off six ways until sundown," says George Grayson, a professor at the College of William & Mary and a fellow at the Washington-based Center for Immigration Studies (CIS).

Mr. Grayson, who wrote a report for the center on Mexico's abuses of aliens, says "very little" is being done by Mexico to protect the welfare of the Central Americans and the others who cross into Mexico.

Mexican President Vicente Fox said last week that his government will sue in U.S. or international courts if the volunteers -- part of the Minuteman Project, which is designed to protest the Bush administration's lax immigration policies -- break the law.

"We totally reject the idea of these migrant-hunting groups," Mr. Fox said prior to yesterday's Baylor University summit in Waco, Texas, with President Bush and Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin, at which the countries agreed to improve security and unify business practices.

"We will use the law, international law and even U.S. law to make sure that these types of groups ... will not have any opportunity to progress," Mr. Fox said last week.

In response, Sen. Jon Kyl, Arizona Republican, urged Mr. Fox to respect America's right to defend its borders and "demonstrate perhaps a little less disdain for the rule of law north of the border."

Mr. Kyl said Mr. Fox's "pre-emptive threats" to file lawsuits on behalf of those crossing the border unlawfully "is hardly helpful, since it presumes that illegal aliens have more of a right to break American law than American citizens have to peacefully assist authorities in enforcing it."

Rep. Tom Tancredo, Colorado Republican, chairman of the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus, says Mexico had "raised the bar on chutzpah" by criticizing efforts by the Minuteman volunteers to protest immigration enforcement by the U.S. government.

"Since when are 'Neighborhood Watch' citizens 'vigilantes'?" Mr. Tancredo asked. "President Fox thinks we should tear down the fence that keeps illegal aliens out? Then why doesn't he put up a welcome sign on his southern border with Guatemala instead of using his military to keep poor Guatemalans out? Such hypocrisy about borders defies historic parallel."

In a press conference yesterday in Waco, President Bush described the Arizona volunteers as "vigilantes."