PDA

View Full Version : Boy Scouts Lift Ban on Gays

BillyBob
05-23-2013, 05:38 PM
By Miranda Leitsinger and Jason White, NBC News
GRAPEVINE, Texas -- The Boy Scouts of America voted on Thursday to end its controversial policy banning gay kids and teens from joining one of the nation's most popular youth organizations, ditching membership guidelines that had roiled the group in recent years.

There's goes another piece of Americana. Now when you send your boys out camping they'll have some homo showing them how to pitch a tent.

Marcus Aurelius
05-23-2013, 07:56 PM
So, you're a racist AND a homophobe... who'd have thought?

BillyBob
05-23-2013, 08:07 PM

Reported.

Marcus Aurelius
05-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Reported.

And you were whining like a little girl that I cried to the mods? :laugh:

Get over your bad self.

EDIT: Oh, and negged for your homophobic comment. Report THAT, bitch:coffee:

jimnyc
05-23-2013, 08:17 PM

Please stick to the topic and stop with the fighting. Take it to the cage if you have an issue with BB.

BillyBob
05-23-2013, 09:28 PM
GRAPEVINE, Texas — The Boy Scouts of America's National Council has voted to ease a long-standing ban and allow openly gay boys to be accepted as Scouts.
Of the local Scout leaders voting at their annual meeting in Texas, more than 60 percent supported the proposal.
Under the proposal drafted by the Scouts' governing board, gay adults will remain barred from serving as Scout leaders.
The outcome is unlikely to end a bitter debate over the Scouts' membership policy.
Some conservative churches that sponsor Scout units wanted to continue excluding gay youths, in some cases threatening to defect if the ban were lifted. More liberal Scout leaders – while supporting the proposal to accept gay youth – have made clear they want the ban on gay adults lifted as well. -Huffpo

BillyBob
05-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Anybody have a problem with the Boy Scouts bowing to lib-fascist pressure? How long before gays are allowed to be Scout Leaders, that's the goal? As parents, would you want your sons to be out in the woods for a 3 day camping trip with a homo or two or three?

Abbey Marie
05-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Anybody have a problem with the Boy Scouts bowing to lib-fascist pressure? How long before gays are allowed to be Scout Leaders, that's the goal? As parents, would you want your sons to be out in the woods for a 3 day camping trip with a homo or two or three?

You are right. Commentary by pro-gay groups has tended to run along the lines of "Partial discrimination is still discrimination". They won't rest until gay Scout leaders are allowed.
And that is when I would pull my (theoretical) son out of the Scouts.

Robert A Whit
05-25-2013, 12:32 PM
You are right. Commentary by pro-gay groups has tended to run along the lines of "Partial discrimination is still discrimination". They won't rest until gay Scout leaders are allowed.

I was in a scout troop that had a homosexual teen and it was awful. I mean plain awful. And he tried to pull his monkey business on some of the boys. A lot of the boys will bail out and quit the scouts.

BillyBob
05-25-2013, 02:34 PM

My question is: Why would a gay man want to be a Boy Scout leader? From a parent's perspective, that is quite suspicious and would not have allowed my boys to be in a troop with a gay leader.

aboutime
05-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Any parent who might be considering allowing their son's to join the Boy Scouts only need to remember one important thing.

That organization is NO LONGER qualified to be called the BOY SCOUTS.

Call it whatever you like. And keep in mind. Our son's, and even many of us during our younger years.
Never heard of, or worked hard to earn the "VILLAGE PEOPLE BADGE!"

BillyBob
05-25-2013, 02:54 PM
http://media.theweek.com/img/dir_0097/48949_article_full/former-scout-master-mark-noel-holds-up-a-new-merit-badge-of-inclusion-at-a-press-conference-one-day.jpg?174