PDA

View Full Version : Axelrod Blames Republicans for Washington Bridge Collapse

jimnyc
05-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Does this idiot and the administration forget the stimulus package from 2009? I don't care if (R) or (D) - taking advantage of tragedies for political gain or blame, is sickening.

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/1231/87e3482549ab4213808c31c.png

aboutime
05-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Axelrod would blame his Mother if she didn't tow the Obama line.

BillyBob
05-25-2013, 03:23 PM
It heard there was a Romney sticker on the truck that hit the bridge, so.....

Robert A Whit
05-25-2013, 04:38 PM
The bridge got knocked down. Saying it fell dismisses what the super heavy wide load truck did to the bridge.

OK, time for one more of my short stories. All true by the way.

We finished a pile driving job for a new road level bridge close to Moffett Field, a navy field.

You need to visualize this enormous crane /pile driving rig as setting on the bed of the truck with the tracks oriented side to side. The tracks were too wide to fit on the bed the regular way so we drove it across the truck. It was a legal very wide load and had permits. (I did minor edits so forgive me for some redundancy)

We loaded the Manitowoc 4500 onto a heavy duty truck designed for such loads and got maybe a mile up the highway to put it on another job, this time in Mountain View over RailRoad tracks. We drove piling at the new job so the road could go over the new bridge we did the foundation for over tracks.

Anyway, the lowboy truck broke and it dropped the rig onto the pavement. The rig stayed on the truck but the bed under the rig broke. We had to order another heavy truck and hours later when it chowed up, we put the good truck next to the bad truck and fired up the rig and drove it over to the good truck. Anyway, when the truck hit the bridge and jerk off blamed republicans, how would he blame the company that had the broken truck?

That is the only time i flagged traffic and it was a bummer. I don't like standing in virtually one spot for hour after hour.