PDA

View Full Version : Texas Sky Screamer

jimnyc
05-26-2013, 07:46 AM
Normally these types of swings go anywhere from 5ft to about 20 or 30 feet off the ground. I saw a horrible video years ago where then entire carousel collapsed. I also saw another where a single person fell as the chain to the swing snapped.

This sucker in Texas goes up 400ft in the air! LOL Now way you find me on this sucker!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=963cb0b1de24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gaffer
05-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Me either. I don't even like glass elevators.

jimnyc
05-26-2013, 08:32 AM
Me either. I don't even like glass elevators.

I've seen videos of those too, whether the glass faces the interior, or exterior. I don't care if that glass is 2 feet thick, it's a no go for me! Let me find the one that scared me that was on the exterior...

Here it is, and I'd rather take 5 hours on the stairs!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TrR3yfpSASQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jeff
05-26-2013, 08:39 AM
My wife loves these kind of rides myself if I cant control it I am not getting on it , I have been over 140 MPH on a motorcycle but forget a roller coaster and this dont look like fun at all :laugh:

While up in Gatlinburg Tn we went to DollyWood and needless to say I didn't hit many rides , I usually find a show or a comfy place to sit while the the others ride but the real ride was when we left, we had dinner in Pigeon Forge and if ya have been there they have all kinds of shops and go carts along with bungee jumping and other whacko rides , well the one I think was the worst was a ride you sit in with nothing to hold onto yes you get strapped in but with nothing to hold on to it just makes it worst, and it also goes way higher than I want to go and they have a camera filming you as you ride it ( which honestly ya didn't need with the wife because she giggles like a school girl so loud the entire place can hear her through the entire ride) but when it stopped at the top and then started to going backwards the film was priceless :laugh: her laughs had gotten many people to come watch and when it stopped up top to go backwards her face got a look on it like dinner was about to be reserved:laugh: but within a couple seconds she was giggling and carrying on again , yes she attracts attention and yes has the younger guys always hanging around :rolleyes:

I looked it up and found a video though it does give you a idea of the ride it doest show how fast it is or give you the feel of just how scary it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZhjPGI2fk4

So for you adrenaline junkies yall might want to check it out

Gaffer
05-26-2013, 08:41 AM
No way am I riding that. You and me would be hoofing it up the stairs.

jimnyc
05-26-2013, 08:51 AM
My wife loves these kind of rides myself if I cant control it I am not getting on it , I have been over 140 MPH on a motorcycle but forget a roller coaster and this dont look like fun at all :laugh:

While up in Gatlinburg Tn we went to DollyWood and needless to say I didn't hit many rides , I usually find a show or a comfy place to sit while the the others ride but the real ride was when we left, we had dinner in Pigeon Forge and if ya have been there they have all kinds of shops and go carts along with bungee jumping and other whacko rides , well the one I think was the worst was a ride you sit in with nothing to hold onto yes you get strapped in but with nothing to hold on to it just makes it worst, and it also goes way higher than I want to go and they have a camera filming you as you ride it ( which honestly ya didn't need with the wife because she giggles like a school girl so loud the entire place can hear her through the entire ride) but when it stopped at the top and then started to going backwards the film was priceless :laugh: her laughs had gotten many people to come watch and when it stopped up top to go backwards her face got a look on it like dinner was about to be reserved:laugh: but within a couple seconds she was giggling and carrying on again , yes she attracts attention and yes has the younger guys always hanging around :rolleyes:

I looked it up and found a video though it does give you a idea of the ride it doest show how fast it is or give you the feel of just how scary it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZhjPGI2fk4

So for you adrenaline junkies yall might want to check it out

Yeah, fuck that ride too, no way I'm dumb enough to get on that thing either, let Laura go solo! LOL My idea of a "ride" is the go-karts we went on in Carolina. We should tell everyone here what kind of animals we were on those things and how we almost got tossed of an entire island for our shenanigans! :laugh:

Abbey Marie
05-26-2013, 01:58 PM
People are very trusting of every nut and bolt in those structures. Me, not so much. :eek:

aboutime
05-26-2013, 02:52 PM
This thread reminded me of this, when I was just a young sailor 1980.
Not a place many would like to be...5052 at sea, on a nice sunny day in the Med.