PDA

View Full Version : 2-Child Limit for Muslims in Parts of Myanmar

jimnyc
05-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Yikes, don't they do this in China or Japan too? I can understand to an extent with overpopulation in some areas. But imagine this was in the USA, and the government told you how many kids you can have. Would you supports such efforts if our government tried this? Or even worse, if they said this only applied to Christians or Jews?

Authorities in Myanmar's western Rakhine state have imposed a two-child limit for Muslim Rohingya families, a policy that does not apply to Buddhists in the area and comes amid accusations of ethnic cleansing in the aftermath of sectarian violence.

Local officials said Saturday that the new measure would be applied to two Rakhine townships that border Bangladesh and have the highest Muslim populations in the state. The townships, Buthidaung and Maundaw, are about 95 percent Muslim.

The unusual order makes Myanmar perhaps the only country in the world to impose such a restriction on a religious group, and is likely to fuel further criticism that Muslims are being discriminated against in the Buddhist-majority country.

China has a one-child policy, but it is not based on religion and exceptions apply to minority ethnic groups. India briefly practiced forced sterilization of men in a bid to control the population in the mid-1970s when civil liberties were suspended during a period of emergency rule, but a nationwide outcry quickly shut down the program.

Rakhine state spokesman Win Myaing said the new program was meant to stem rapid population growth in the Muslim community, which a government-appointed commission identified as one of the causes of the sectarian violence.

Although Muslims are the majority in the two townships in which the new policy applies, they account for only about 4 percent of Myanmar's roughly 60 million people.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/child-limit-muslims-parts-myanmar-19255339#.UaINmJywVGI

Voted4Reagan
05-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Yikes, don't they do this in China or Japan too? I can understand to an extent with overpopulation in some areas. But imagine this was in the USA, and the government told you how many kids you can have. Would you supports such efforts if our government tried this? Or even worse, if they said this only applied to Christians or Jews?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/child-limit-muslims-parts-myanmar-19255339#.UaINmJywVGI

Myanmar is a Dictatorship run by a military council.

this is their version of Lebensborn,,, Of achieving ethnic purity and limiting the growth of other groups within the country.

SNIP

Lebensborn means "spring of life". The "Lebensborn" project was one of most secret and terrifying Nazi projects. Heinrich Himmler created The "Lebensborn" on December 12th, 1935. The goal of this society ("Registered Society Lebensborn - Lebensborn Eingetragener Verein") was to offer to young girls "racially pure" the possibility to give birth to a child in secret. The child was then given to the SS organization which took in charge his "education" and adoption.

http://www.jewishgen.org/forgottenCamps/General/LebensbornEng.html

Gaffer
05-26-2013, 08:45 AM
That's one way to stem the soft jihad.

fj1200
05-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Yikes, don't they do this in China or Japan too?

Just China iirc. Japan's birth rate is ridiculously low by choice of its' population.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-26-2013, 10:18 AM

Cattle ranchers used to put a bounty on wolves. I guess a limit on the vermin there may be needed. Its not like they are somehow great here. Same bullshit with them there as it is everywhere else... Wolves tend not to mix well with sheep that just want to peacefully graze.

gabosaurus
05-26-2013, 10:50 AM
I would endorse a one-child limit for rednecks (reduces inbreeding) and conservative Republicans. :p

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-26-2013, 12:24 PM
I would endorse a one-child limit for rednecks (reduces inbreeding) and conservative Republicans. :p

Too bad a zero child limit wasnt endorsed for "dumbasses" long ago. If it had been we wouldn't have to read your dumbass blather around here ..;)

aboutime
05-26-2013, 03:45 PM

So you are telling us how unhappy you are for being breeded?

BillyBob
05-26-2013, 05:30 PM
Fewer muslims works for me.

BillyBob
05-26-2013, 05:32 PM

Think about how much time that will save the IRS between spying on them, intimidating them and collecting all that tax money.

Not sure who is going to pay for your liberal utopian society, though.