PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in this add-on?

jimnyc
05-26-2013, 12:21 PM
I saw this add-on and it looks cool to me, or at least the options sound cool. Put it up for a vote as to whether you guys would like this installed or not. Just an Fyi, I wouldn't implement any of the restrictive portions that an admin can do, like the no links, excluded groups, throttle PM's, Pruning, or even forced reading. For full disclosure, here is a link to the thread where it's made available - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=298444

Major Features

Attachments in PM's: Users now can use attachments in their pm's. (Pro)

PM Auto Responder: Users can set a auto response to pm's they receive if they wish.

No Links in PM's: Admins have the ability to set no links in pm's.

PM Blocker: User have the ability to set up a pm block from users they do not wish to get pm's from.

PM Warning Block: User have the ability to set up a warning message that senders will see if try and send a pm to someone with it set up.

Minimum Posts To Send PM's: Admins have the ability to set minimum amount of posts to send pm's.

Pm Previews: Admins can set from tow different types of pm preview, a threaded type or mouseover.

Excluded Usergroups/Users From Sending PM's: Admins can set usergroups to not be able to send pm's.

Days Registered To Send PM's: Admins can set minimum days registered to be able to send pm's.

Throttle PM's: Admins can set a limit on how many pm users can send in a given time period.

PM Notifications: Admins can choose between two different notifications users will see when they have unread pm's.

PM Post Quote: Users can be pm'd if someone quotes them in a post.

Auto Quote Pm: Users can have the option to automatically remove the auto quote from PM's they reply to.

Reply To All Recipients: Users can choose to reply to all, if the pm was sent to multiple recipients.

Prune PM's Via Cron Job: Admins can set pm's to be pruned by a cron job.

Force Users To Read PM's: Admins can set it so users must read pm's before doing anything on the forum.

Mass PM Users From ACP: Admins can mass pm users from the acp, with many types of criteria to choose from.

PM Stats/Log: List showing all users PM stats.

And then a detailed list of both the LITE and PRO versions. I'd be willing to spring for the PRO version if you guys saw the need

Complete Feature List (Lite)

General Options

Option to disable the vBSuper PM's completely.
Option to display the version number you are running.
Option to enter the branding free key, if you have purchased a Branding Free license.
Option to enter your Affiliate ID from DBTech.
Option to remove the Hivelocity Hosting link. (LITE ONLY)
Option to show percentage of PM quota used, shown in the Folder Controls block.
Option to move the private message download options from bottom of the page, to inside the Folder Controls block.
Option to move the Folder Controls block from below the PM's to above.
Option to show senders avatar in private message list.
Option to Show a Send Pm icon in the postbit controls area of posts.
Option to show a Next / Previous PM link in the private messages.

Auto Responder

Option to disable the Auto Responder system.
Usergroups not allowed to use the Auto Responder system.
Setting for the error message when users not allowed to use, will see if they try to access the system.
Option to set No Auto Reply Between Staff Members.
Option to select which usergroups are the staff groups.

No Links In PM's

On/Off globally in acp settings.
Usergroups who can't post links (url's) in PM's titles.
Usergroups who can't post links (url's) in PM's messages.

PM Blocker

Usergroups allowed to use the system.
Setting for the error message when users not allowed to use, will see if they try to acess the system.

PM Warning Block

Usergroup perms who can use the system. (be able to show a warning message)
Setting for the error message when users not allowed to use, will see if they try to acess the system.

Minimum Posts To Send PM's

Setting for minimum posts in order to send pm's.
Excluded usergroups from minimum post count.
Staff usergroup setting so if user has not reached x posts they still should be able to send pm's to staff groups if so desired.

PM's Preview Type

ACP option to select type of preview, mouse over title or Threaded, Similar To Posts.
Character limit for previews.

Excluded Usergroups/Users From Sending PM's

Usergroups who can not send PM's.

Number Of Days Registered To Send PM's

Minimum number of days registered to send PM's.
Usergroups excluded from number of days registered to send PM's.
Users excluded from number of days registered to send PM's.

PM Throttle During X days

Number of PM's that can be sent in limit time.
Limit time, set how many days for the PM limit.
Excluded usergroups that limit don't apply.

PM Notification Settings

Ability to select which type of notification to show.
Option to allow users to be able to disable the notifs in their usercp.
Ability to set the image name for the Floating Notification type.
Ability to set speed of the images for the Floating Notification type.
Option to set the vertical position for the Sticky Notification type.
Option to set the horizontal position for the Sticky Notification type.
Setting for the error message when users not allowed to use, will see if they try to access the system.

PM Post Quote

Option to select which usergroups can disable the PM Post Quote in their usercp.
Option to set up a custom sender, otherwise the pm will come from the person who is doing the quoting.

Auto Quote Pm

Option to select which usergroups can disable the Auto Quote PM in their usercp.

Reply To All Recipients

Option to enable the reply to all system.
Ability to select which usergroups are allowed to use the reply to all system.
Option to choose how to display the reply to all button, Integrated or Separate Block.
Option to choose where to display the reply to all button if you choose Separate Block Location as the display.

Prune PM's Via Cron Job

Option to disable the pruning of PM's via cron job.
Ability to set how many days old the PM's should be before pruning.
Option to select which folder to prune the PM's from.
Option to select which read status get pruned.

Force Read PM's

Option to disable force reading of PM's.
Ability to select which usergroups are forced to read PM's.
Option to select which users are forced to read PM's.
Option to disable users from deleting and marking PM's as read if forced to read. They will be able to delete PM's after they read them.

Mass PM Users From ACP

Option to send test PM's. (Will not send any PM's out)
Option to send X PM's per batch.
Option to allow smilies in PM.

Full search criteria same as the Send Email to Users in the ACP

PM Stats/Log

Enhanced PM Stats.
List showing all users PM stats including the following information:
# Of Pm's in all folders.
Last Activity.
Email Addy.
User Title.
Join Date.
Post Count.
Date Of Last Post.

A PM Log showing the following info:
The PM id number that is in the database.
Who sent the PM.
The title of the PM.
Who the PM was sent to.
Date the PM was sent.

Additional Feature List (Pro)

General Options

Option to the latest X PM's on the main page of the ACP.
Option to select how many latest X PM's to show on the main page of the ACP.

Auto Responder

Limit on characters to use in auto reply.
Usergroups excluded from character limit.
Option to save a copy of the sent auto reply in your sent messages folder.

No Links in PM's

Usergroups who can't post email addresses in PM's titles.
Usergroups who can't post email addresses in PM's messages.
ACP option to select which type of error to show the user if the post a link/email and are not allowed to. (on pm submission page or popup on separate page)

PM Blocker

Unblock-able usergroups such as admins and mods that can not be blocked, even if added to the users list.
Mirror blocking, if you have a user on your list, you will not be able to pm them either. (Unblock-able usergroups immune from mirror blocks)
ACP option to select which type of error to show the user if sending a pm to a member who has you blocked. (on pm submission page or popup on separate page)

PM Warning Block

Used ID perms who can use the system. (be able to show a warning message)
Usergroups excluded from seeing warning message, even if receiver has it enabled.
Time limit on showing message to sender again, if they have seen it from the receiver. (can be set to 0 to show all the time)

Minimum Posts To Send PM's

Ability to exclude users by id's from minimum post count.
ACP option to select which type of error to show the user has not reached the minimum post count. (on pm submission page or popup on separate page)

PM's Preview Type

Excluded usergroups from PM's preview type.

Excluded Usergroups/Users From Sending PM's

Users who can not send PM's.
Option to allow users who are excluded from sending PM's to be able to send PM's to staff members.
Option to select which usergroups are staff, so users who are excluded from sending PM's will be able to pm them.

Number Of Days Registered To Send PM's

Staff usergroup setting so if user has not reached x days they still should be able to send pm's to staff groups if so desired.
ACP option to select which type of error to show the user if have not reached number of days registered to send PM's . (on pm submission page or popup on separate page)

PM Throttle During X days

Post count to be excluded from limit.
Staff usergroup setting so if user has reached their limit, they still should be able to send pm's to staff groups if so desired.
ACP option to select which type of error to show the user if have reached number of PM's that can be sent in limit time. (on pm submission page or popup on separate page)

PM Notification Settings

Another notification type, which looks like your normal forum Notifications, and is displayed in the same area.
Ability to set the "Notifications" Text in the header to blink if the user has unread PM's, you can also set the color via a stylevar.

Attachments in PM's

Option to enable the PM attachments.
Ability to select which usergroups are allowed to upload attachment in the PM's.

Prune PM's Via Cron Job

Ability to select which usergroups PM's will be pruned via the cron job.

Mass PM Users From ACP

Option to set a delay in seconds between each batch. (useful if you have alot of users)

Nine different variables to use in the PM's:
{lastvisit} Will be replaced by the receivers date of last visit.
{lastactivity} Will be replaced by the receivers date of last activity.
{lastpost} Will be replaced by the receivers date of last post.
{joindate} Will be replaced by the receivers join date.
{email} Will be replaced by the receivers email address they have on file.
{username} Will be replaced by the receivers username.
{userid} Will be replaced by the receivers user id number.
{bburl} Will be replaced by the url to your site.
{bbtitle} Will be replaced by the title to your site.

PM Stats/Log

Also has a dropdown menu to do the following:
View a users pm statistics, what folders they have in use and how many PM's are in each folder with a total count.
Link to the users profile in the ACP to edit them if you wish.
Option to send the user a PM from the ACP.
Option to delete all of that users PM's.

A PM Log showing the following info:
Also has a link so you can view the PM in it's entirety.

Kathianne
05-26-2013, 12:33 PM
I spend as little time in pm as possible. Oh there's a few I enjoy chatting with off of board, but no need for any enhancements.

While there's a poster I'd block if given the option, don't have a problem in just deleting those posts. No need for additional costs on my behalf.

aboutime
05-26-2013, 02:57 PM
jimnyc: It is your Forum. But adding so many more restrictions/rules/laws/oversight almost sounds like

it came from our CONGRESS critters, and Obama. Putting demands on what otherwise was just a place to

come, and take part.

Why not add a Membership FEE?

Or, restrict participation based on political leanings?

You know? Like Washington DC is, and hopes to eventually do to all of us???

It reminds me of Other places I have been here on the Internet.

And that finally has begun to destroy itself.

jimnyc
05-26-2013, 03:27 PM
jimnyc: It is your Forum. But adding so many more restrictions/rules/laws/oversight almost sounds like

it came from our CONGRESS critters, and Obama. Putting demands on what otherwise was just a place to

come, and take part.

Why not add a Membership FEE?

Or, restrict participation based on political leanings?

You know? Like Washington DC is, and hopes to eventually do to all of us???

It reminds me of Other places I have been here on the Internet.

And that finally has begun to destroy itself.

Huh? You do realize that all of the pieces of this add-on are beneficial to the member and in no way restrict anything, no rules, no laws and the only oversight within is the ability of members to perhaps block other members from sending them PM's. While I wouldn't expect all members to find the add-on necessary, or wouldn't use any of the added features - I'm curious why you speak of fees, politics and all of the other restrictions in your post. Man, this add-on was solely a benefit to members for how they utilize the PM system. Saying you weren't interested would have been sufficient, but making a simple piece of software out to sound evil was a bit overkill! :)

aboutime
05-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Huh? You do realize that all of the pieces of this add-on are beneficial to the member and in no way restrict anything, no rules, no laws and the only oversight within is the ability of members to perhaps block other members from sending them PM's. While I wouldn't expect all members to find the add-on necessary, or wouldn't use any of the added features - I'm curious why you speak of fees, politics and all of the other restrictions in your post. Man, this add-on was solely a benefit to members for how they utilize the PM system. Saying you weren't interested would have been sufficient, but making a simple piece of software out to sound evil was a bit overkill! :)

Okay. Not interested.

That, by the way is how EVERY OTHER FORUM I have visited...Once was, before all of the add-on's that were intended to be innocent changes...AT FIRST.
Reminded me of that old expression. "IF IT AIN'T BROKE...DONT FIX IT!"

jimnyc
05-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Okay. Not interested.

That, by the way is how EVERY OTHER FORUM I have visited...Once was, before all of the add-on's that were intended to be innocent changes...AT FIRST.

There is nothing not innocent about this add-on, even if everything was fully implemented. That's cool if you or others, or even everyone doesn't want it. I'm not sold on it either, just saw it and thought I would present it. But please, seriously, please don't pre-judge me/us based on what happens elsewhere. I've remained the same for 10 years through 2 boards and I'm not going to suddenly become the internet mafia or gestapo over night.

aboutime
05-26-2013, 03:43 PM
There is nothing not innocent about this add-on, even if everything was fully implemented. That's cool if you or others, or even everyone doesn't want it. I'm not sold on it either, just saw it and thought I would present it. But please, seriously, please don't pre-judge me/us based on what happens elsewhere. I've remained the same for 10 years through 2 boards and I'm not going to suddenly become the internet mafia or gestapo over night.

You asked. I answered. It was my opinion. This is a forum for people to offer their opinions. I have little doubt of your intentions. Just telling, and sharing what I have seen.

You must know by now. In this atmosphere of the OBAMA control of almost everything. I, and others are always suspicious.

BillyBob
05-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Is there an option that would allow me to yank the chair out from under a poster of my choosing? 'Cause that would be worth an upgrade fee.