PDA

View Full Version : My Girl Has Surgery Tomorrow

red states rule
05-27-2013, 04:22 AM
I spent the weekend in the Pocono's with my GF, and she is very nervious for good reason. Tomorrow morning she goes in to have both knees replaced.

She has been in terrible pain now for over a year,a nd she finally had enough and decided to have the operation

She will in the hospital fro a few days then about week in rehab

I will taking a week off in June and go to her house to look after her. She will be unable to do simple things like letting her dogs out, doing dishes, cooking, ect. So I will be her her "houseboy" and make her life a little easier

So I am asking for your thoughts and prayers.

As always thanks guys (and gals)

Jeff
05-27-2013, 08:30 AM
I spent the weekend in the Pocono's with my GF, and she is very nervious for good reason. Tomorrow morning she goes in to have both knees replaced.

She has been in terrible pain now for over a year,a nd she finally had enough and decided to have the operation

I will taking a week off in June and go to her house to look after her. She will be unable to do simple things like letting her dogs out, doing dishes, cooking, ect. So I will be her her "houseboy" and make her life a little easier

Brother you and your GF will be in my prayers and on my mind, I had a landlord years ago that had both knees done and he told me he wish he would of done it 20 years ago, after the rehab and healing he said he never felt better , please keep me updated on how she is doing

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-27-2013, 10:04 AM

Prayers for both you guys my friend.

Now as her houseboy I have to ask. Do you do windows too? ;)

Syrenn
05-27-2013, 10:21 AM
wow... both at once? I thought they only did them one at a time.

good luck to both of you!

jimnyc
05-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Wow, wish her luck for us, Red! She'll be in our thoughts, and update us as soon as you can!

aboutime
05-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Please know, and tell her. Our Prayers are with her, and both of you.

Prayer does have the power many only believe after...they silently, and privately pray.

Strength in Numbers from people you don't know. Never Fails.

Abbey Marie
05-29-2013, 09:35 PM
How is she doing, Red?

Kathianne
05-30-2013, 12:26 AM
How is she doing, Red?

To RSR, my question too, I haven't been able to respond on phone because of work schedule. How is Benji doing? I'll try calling tomorrow, but have rehearsal dinner for son.

actsnoblemartin
05-30-2013, 01:50 AM
thoughts and prayers to you and your girl

always

amen

:salute: :salute: :salute:

red states rule
05-30-2013, 02:59 AM
Thanks everyone. Benjie is doing very well and the Doctor is pleased how the surgery went

She actually got out bed yesterday and walked across the room and sat in a chair

She will be in the hospital for a few more days then she will go to the rehab center

red states rule
05-30-2013, 03:00 AM
Prayers for both you guys my friend.

Now as her houseboy I have to ask. Do you do windows too? ;)

I do everything for her. On Sunday I washed and cleaned out her car

What more could a women want in a man?

red states rule
05-30-2013, 04:36 AM
Benjie just called me (she has her cell phone in her room) and while she is very tired she is doing OK

She has some pain but the Doctor gave her some meds to take to rehab and home with her

She is doing better then even she had expected and is looking forward to getting home, doing her therapy, and getting back on her feet

Thanks again to all of your kind words, thoughts, and prayers

actsnoblemartin
05-30-2013, 11:13 AM
you are one of the most compassionate people i know :clap:

aboutime
05-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Thanks everyone. Benjie is doing very well and the Doctor is pleased how the surgery went

She actually got out bed yesterday and walked across the room and sat in a chair

She will be in the hospital for a few more days then she will go to the rehab center

red states rule. Glad to hear things are going well. Believe it or not. There is good news with this. My son's Mother-in-law had both knee's done the same way, about a year ago now. Good part was, and she bragged about it...within a WEEK. She was driving again, and even able to climb stairs with NO PAIN whatsoever.

Stay Positive. It does get better. Sometimes...better than they were before.
God Bless. Pass it on to her if you will.
Prayers still work wonders....even for those who don't believe in them.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Just spoke to Benjie and the drugs are starting to take effect. She is very tired and I told to her to get some sleep. I told how much I love and adore her and how I am looking forward to taking care of her when she gets home

Thanks again to all of you for your support and prayers

red states rule
06-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Benjie is not doing very well right now. I spoke to here twice yesterday and the pain is starting to get to her. She is on pain meds but they do not seem to having much effect. I was tempted to drive up to see her but she said she is not up to having vistors and just wants to sleep so she does not have to deal with the pain

I will talk to her later today and give you guys an update

Kathianne
06-01-2013, 07:08 AM
Benjie is not doing very well right now. I spoke to here twice yesterday and the pain is starting to get to her. She is on pain meds but they do not seem to having much effect. I was tempted to drive up to see her but she said she is not up to having vistors and just wants to sleep so she does not have to deal with the pain

I will talk to her later today and give you guys an update

That sounds par for the course from what I've known with my dad and friend's mom. Hopefully when doc does rounds or a nurse calls, they'll adjust the meds. Right now you can't be of much use while she's in hospital, probably best to wait until she's home. Hopefully soon she'll be feeling better.

red states rule
06-01-2013, 07:11 AM
That sounds par for the course from what I've known with my dad and friend's mom. Hopefully when doc does rounds or a nurse calls, they'll adjust the meds. Right now you can't be of much use while she's in hospital, probably best to wait until she's home. Hopefully soon she'll be feeling better.

Kat I am looking forward to taking care of her when she gets home. She took care of me after my surgery to remove the tumor and cancer and I never forgot that. I will be there for her as she was for me. Right now all I can do is sit back, worry and pray for her recovery

jimnyc
06-01-2013, 08:14 AM
She's lucky to have you in her corner, Red. And it's great that you haven't forgotten how she was there for you. You guys are in our thoughts and I hope she's up to feeling better soon!

red states rule
06-02-2013, 07:15 AM
She's lucky to have you in her corner, Red. And it's great that you haven't forgotten how she was there for you. You guys are in our thoughts and I hope she's up to feeling better soon!

No Jim I am the lucky one. I still cannot fihure out why she loves me but I damn glad she does. I will be calling her later in the day and I will keep all of you updated

red states rule
06-04-2013, 05:00 PM
My girl is doing very well

Just spoke to her and she said while she is in pain, the Doctor told her that is due to her healing. She said she could be released and sent home either Thursday or Friday

My manager is a good guy and he already told me whatever days I need off - I got them

So things are looking good for her and I am looking forward to helping her along on her road to recovery

Robert A Whit
06-04-2013, 05:39 PM

Just spoke to her and she said while she is in pain, the Doctor told her that is due to her healing. She said she could be released and sent home either Thursday or Friday

My manager is a good guy and he already told me whatever days I need off - I got them

So things are looking good for her and I am looking forward to helping her along on her road to recovery

I for one am happy to read your human interest reports.

I wish her well. I have been there, done that. Surgery once frightened me half out of my mind.

The last one was the big one. I joked with my surgeon later that he cut me in half to do the bypass. He was so good I can hardly see the scar. Actually he did it so there is no scar but I see the faint line of his scalpel cut.

aboutime
06-04-2013, 05:41 PM

Great news to hear red. Please give her our best. Prayers STILL....really do work. No matter what anyone says.

Robert A Whit
06-04-2013, 05:56 PM

You have my support my friend.

Dad had his knee replaced after he had a hip replaced. A machine worked out his knee and I know it hurt him but he did not let on. I will report that once they mend, they are normal again. In the end, she will be a lot better. Glad she is out of surgery and on the mend.

red states rule
06-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Great news - my baby home tomorrow

My boss said no problem - I can start my week off early

This is a bleated birthday gift but I will take it

red states rule
06-07-2013, 06:12 AM
It was a rough night last night for both of us. The pain was terrible for Benjie and she really did not get any sleep until around nidnight

Once she fell asleep she slept until about 6 this morning

She is sleeping now and I will wake her around 8 so I can take to to PT at 10:30AM

Each day will get better and tomorrow will be better then today

Jeff
06-07-2013, 06:50 AM
It was a rough night last night for both of us. The pain was terrible for Benjie and she really did not get any sleep until around nidnight

Once she fell asleep she slept until about 6 this morning

She is sleeping now and I will wake her around 8 so I can take to to PT at 10:30AM

Each day will get better and tomorrow will be better then today

Praying each day will get better for her

red states rule
06-07-2013, 06:53 AM
Praying each day will get better for her

Thank you Jeff that means alot to me :salute:

She told me to let her sleep now until 8:30. At least she is able to sleep now

Jeff
06-07-2013, 06:57 AM
Thank you Jeff that means alot to me :salute:

She told me to let her sleep now until 8:30. At least she is able to sleep now

That is a big step in the healing process , after my back surgery sleep was out of the question except for a hour at a time or so , but yes yall will continue to be in my prayers

red states rule
06-07-2013, 07:00 AM
That is a big step in the healing process , after my back surgery sleep was out of the question except for a hour at a time or so , but yes yall will continue to be in my prayers

Thanks again Jeff. All she needs is alot of TLC

BTW can any other posters help me out here please?
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jeff again.

red states rule
06-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Benjie is sleeping right now as she jsut got back from her first Rehab session

She did very well and put out 100% effort. The trainer was very pleased with her performance

I brought her home, went to the grocery store, gassed up her car, and made her some lunch

She has a long way to go but damn she is giving it all she has