PDA

View Full Version : Pakistani Lesbians in UK Claim Asylum

taft2012
05-27-2013, 06:51 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2331214/Rehana-Kausar-Sobia-Kamar-Pakistani-lesbians-Muslim-gay-couple-wed-UK-claim-political-asylum.html

A pair of Pakistani women have made history as the first Muslim lesbian couple to get married in the UK.
Rehana Kausar, 34, and Sobia Kamar, 29, made history when they tied the knot in a register office civil ceremony, then immediately applied for political asylum after they were wed, claiming their lives would be in danger if they returned to their native country.

Watched by their solicitors and two friends, the pair wore traditional white bridal dresses when they were married in Leeds, West Yorkshire.

Here's something else to look forward to with gay marriage.

Crackpots from around the world coming here to get married and claiming asylum.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/26/article-2331214-1A02C256000005DC-357_634x355.jpghttp://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/26/article-2331214-1A02C256000005DC-357_634x355.jpg

jimnyc
05-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Pakistani Muslim women? I'm being serious - any family they have will likely want them dead for bringing dishonor to the family, and other Muslims might want them offed simply for defying Islam and leading the homosexual lifestyle. I wouldn't go back home and visit if I were them.

taft2012
05-28-2013, 06:26 AM
Pakistani Muslim women? I'm being serious - any family they have will likely want them dead for bringing dishonor to the family, and other Muslims might want them offed simply for defying Islam and leading the homosexual lifestyle. I wouldn't go back home and visit if I were them.

Neither would I, but that's not the point

The point is that western nations that recognize gay marriage will be petitioned to permanently accept these people from around the world. That's going to include us here in the USA. We are already over-saturated with undesirables, how much more can we take?

aboutime
05-29-2013, 02:24 PM

The point is that western nations that recognize gay marriage will be petitioned to permanently accept these people from around the world. That's going to include us here in the USA. We are already over-saturated with undesirables, how much more can we take?

But.....but taft? In our Politically Correct, Liberally Tolerant, Disfunctional World we call the USA. We're not supposed to use, or express any forms of the TRUTH as you did by using the word UNDESIRABLE. According to the Obama administration. Using that word would be almost as terrible...but TRUE, as saying ILLEGAL, or TERRORIST.

Gotta watch your Grammar here. SOMEONE IS WATCHING.

Marcus Aurelius
05-29-2013, 03:32 PM

You equate 'gay' with 'undesirable' I take it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boO4RowROiw

gabosaurus
05-29-2013, 03:35 PM

If they have boob pictures, they can have asylum at Jim's house. :p

Drummond
05-29-2013, 04:17 PM

I'm not sure you have as much to worry about as you think. My guess is that they'll make for OUR shores, rather than yours.

Believe it or not, it's our CONSERVATIVE Prime Minister, here, who's strongly in favour of seeing to it that gay marriage is fully recognised in society. There's remarkably little opposition to it from any major Party here (.. though there are rumblings of discontent, here and there, in Conservative ranks ..).

aboutime
05-29-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure you have as much to worry about as you think. My guess is that they'll make for OUR shores, rather than yours.

Believe it or not, it's our CONSERVATIVE Prime Minister, here, who's strongly in favour of seeing to it that gay marriage is fully recognised in society. There's remarkably little opposition to it from any major Party here (.. though there are rumblings of discontent, here and there, in Conservative ranks ..).

Sir Drummond. I often find myself wondering whether many Americans, and Brits have any idea, or recognize how Our Conservatives in the USA, are actually mirrored by Your Liberal party, and our Liberal/Democrat party is mirrored by your Conservatives???

Is it any wonder so much get's lost in the translation crossing the Atlantic....in both directions???? :)

My only wish is that people...on both sides of the Pond would work harder to actually educate themselves, rather than following just a few, lost, selfish voices in the DARKNESS we call Humanity.

Noir
05-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Sir Drummond. I often find myself wondering whether many Americans, and Brits have any idea, or recognize how Our Conservatives in the USA, are actually mirrored by Your Liberal party, and our Liberal/Democrat party is mirrored by your Conservatives???

Is it any wonder so much get's lost in the translation crossing the Atlantic....in both directions???? :)

If you think American Conservatives are anything like the British Lib Dems, you have no understanding of British politics lol.

aboutime
05-29-2013, 05:22 PM
If you think American Conservatives are anything like the British Lib Dems, you have no understanding of British politics lol.

If you had bothered to understand what I wrote to Drummond. You might have been sharp enough to see what, and how I was telling him about the differences.
But then. That is...as some would say. What happens when you don't mind your own business.
Perhaps you'd like to take this opportunity to share your EXPERT knowledge with us...to make you feel better?

The key word was "mirrored", by the way.

Noir
05-29-2013, 05:43 PM
If you had bothered to understand what I wrote to Drummond. You might have been sharp enough to see what, and how I was telling him about the differences.
But then. That is...as some would say. What happens when you don't mind your own business.
Perhaps you'd like to take this opportunity to share your EXPERT knowledge with us...to make you feel better?

The key word was "mirrored", by the way.

So from you post -
American Conservatives mirror British Liberal party,
American Liberal/Democrat party mirror the British Conservative party.

Mirror meaning 'is similar/comparable to'

The American liberals to British conservatives does give some overlap, especially on social issues. But the British libs dems are in no way possible a mirror of american conservatism,

Drummond
05-29-2013, 08:59 PM
So from you post -
American Conservatives mirror British Liberal party,
American Liberal/Democrat party mirror the British Conservative party.

Mirror meaning 'is similar/comparable to'

The American liberals to British conservatives does give some overlap, especially on social issues. But the British libs dems are in no way possible a mirror of american conservatism,

As I read Aboutime's post, 'mirrored BY' is the point to pick up on, Noir. And I think I especially recognise the accuracy of our Conservatives choosing to mirror - or, reflect - the Americans' Liberals. With Cameron's leadership these days, it'd be difficult NOT to see this.

And Aboutime's conclusion is one I can certainly agree with. If Cameron had his way, his copied Liberal sensibilities would lead us all by the nose. Much, in their way, as Labour tried to do before him, to create the multicultural Society that perpetually deferred to minority interests. INSTEAD, though, the Conservatives, here in the UK, should be true to their more traditional values, and not instead choose trendy mirroring of other values.

But 'trendiness' is true of politics on both sides of the Pond. Noir, as I understand it, the American Republicans have been going for relatively 'soft options' in their candidates. Consider the fate of the really strong Conservative voices in the last Presidential candidate lineup .. how they had to give way to more 'inclusive' types. Compare Michele Bachmann's tough Conservative stances with Mitt Romney. Who won out as chosen candidate ?

You want to compare Parties, Noir. In so doing, you should consider how Parties adapt to try and become as 'voteworthy' as they can possibly be. They bend to trends they think they see. They become less true to themselves.

Such was NOT true of Margaret Thatcher. She didn't bend to anyone. This was an important part of what made her such a great Prime Minister, and why she was so able to turn the UK's fortunes around, as she did.

-- True greatness, Noir, from true Conservative values.