PDA

View Full Version : I love this....a student pointing out the obvious that most are not seeing.....

Trinity
05-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Packets hmmmm I know exactly what he is talking about, that is what my boys were given all the time. And what exactly were they learning?.....nothing...I yanked them....now they are learning. Oh but I'll save that for another thread....:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iflIOklflrg

aboutime
05-29-2013, 08:33 PM
Trinity. I can fully appreciate, and respect you for your decision to remove your boys from that kind of atmosphere.

That being said. That young man picked the wrong time, and wrong place to disrupt that class, and the teacher..

Granted...he was totally correct about what his education had become...for himself, and the other students. YET...

He fell on deaf ears, except for the video we all have watched.

There is a right, and wrong way to be heard. He was serious, and passionate about what appeared to be A PRE-ARRANGED moment.
(why did that student recording the RANT....have an illegal phone ON in the class?)

Not disagreeing with you. But. If I had been his teacher. I would have told him to leave, and report to the Principal's office.

Disrupting any class, for any reason is JUST WRONG.

EVEN FOR HOME SCHOOLING. If you were attempting to teach your son's, and one, or both of them CALLED YOU OUT like that young man did.
Would you be happy about that?

Trinity
05-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Trinity. I can fully appreciate, and respect you for your decision to remove your boys from that kind of atmosphere.

That being said. That young man picked the wrong time, and wrong place to disrupt that class, and the teacher..

Granted...he was totally correct about what his education had become...for himself, and the other students. YET...

He fell on deaf ears, except for the video we all have watched.

There is a right, and wrong way to be heard. He was serious, and passionate about what appeared to be A PRE-ARRANGED moment.
(why did that student recording the RANT....have an illegal phone ON in the class?)

Not disagreeing with you. But. If I had been his teacher. I would have told him to leave, and report to the Principal's office.

Disrupting any class, for any reason is JUST WRONG.

EVEN FOR HOME SCHOOLING. If you were attempting to teach your son's, and one, or both of them CALLED YOU OUT like that young man did.
Would you be happy about that?

ok apologizing because I should have posted news story with the original video as well.

Illegal phone..... nope most schools now days require smartphones, tablets, or laptops.

here is the news version with an interview with jeff ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXSvbOSR53A

Kathianne
05-30-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm not going to defend the teacher, in her/his use of profanity. Bottom line, 'packets' in high school are used in average and below average as the most effective teaching tool, for classes that are non-responsive to more meaningful methods. They allow students that care to pass, a gimme in what will be on the tests.

Especially in Freshman and Sophomore years, some kids may have matured beyond their middle school performance. They may crave more rigorous curriculum, but their previous performance landed them in classes that are boring. Indeed, in this case, one can see students that are far from engaged, even with the turmoil created by this student.

Granted, the teacher may well suck, but there is a reason that he or she was in this classroom. For most, it was a ditch effort to enable them to pass the curriculum require information. The student protesting? He may belong in higher level class, IF he can get his behavior under control.

For me, this was quite depressing.

jimnyc
05-30-2013, 02:01 PM
The first few times I watched this, I figured "great, a stoner disrupting the class". But after I put aside my opinion based on his look/voice, I realized he's speaking some damn good words. He of course could have done so in a different manner, but sometimes anger is what fuels our words. Whether my own schooling, or watching my son with his teachers, you can see the difference between teachers who REALLY want the kids to be into it and succeed.