PDA

View Full Version : SOOOOOO excited for my 17 year old.....

Trinity
05-29-2013, 08:42 PM
We have a friend of ours who has a professional recording studio who just saved me a ton of money....I think I have mentioned my 17 year old pursuing a career in music. He currently is writing lyrics, singing, recording, and producing but it has all been done on a very cheap and limited laptop, midi and mic. Don't get me wrong he has done quite well with it, but he now has the opportunity to record and edit and produce in a professional studio for free and free teacher...ok so I will give you one of his videos that he made using the cheaper equipment and photos of the pro studio he is currently working in. The best part of this, because we all know how hard it is to make it big in the music industry. He can use the skills he will be learning, to pursue anything related to music or producing in multiple ways; plays, sports, radio, bands, etc., etc. you get the idea. :thumb:

The mic they used in this song was about $40.00, the mic in the pro studio is $600.00 I can't wait for his first release in the pro studio. Oh and almost forgot the guy who owns this studio told my son if he needed any drum beats for any of his songs he would hook him up, nothing like live drum beats....;)

My boy is the one in the green flannel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBf9ViIdc1w

Pro studio..........

Gaffer
05-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Interesting pictures. But I can't listen to hip hop even if it is my grandson.

aboutime
05-29-2013, 09:23 PM
We have a friend of ours who has a professional recording studio who just saved me a ton of money....I think I have mentioned my 17 year old pursuing a career in music. He currently is writing lyrics, singing, recording, and producing but it has all been done on a very cheap and limited laptop, midi and mic. Don't get me wrong he has done quite well with it, but he now has the opportunity to record and edit and produce in a professional studio for free and free teacher...ok so I will give you one of his videos that he made using the cheaper equipment and photos of the pro studio he is currently working in. The best part of this, because we all know how hard it is to make it big in the music industry. He can use the skills he will be learning, to pursue anything related to music or producing in multiple ways; plays, sports, radio, bands, etc., etc. you get the idea. :thumb:

The mic they used in this song was about $40.00, the mic in the pro studio is $600.00 I can't wait for his first release in the pro studio. Oh and almost forgot the guy who owns this studio told my son if he needed any drum beats for any of his songs he would hook him up, nothing like live drum beats....;)

My boy is the one in the green flannel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBf9ViIdc1w

Pro studio..........

Trinity. This is why PARENTS ARE special people. Congratulations. But, sorry. Can't be a hypocrite about that Hip Hop stuff.
Some day. You'll understand.
I grew up in a different time when Four boys from Liverpool were just a FAD that WOULD NEVER LAST.

Trinity
05-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Interesting pictures. But I can't listen to hip hop even if it is my grandson.

This is actually a pretty mello one Dad...I think you could handle this one. It's about life. No hard core rapping. Try it you might be surprised.

Trinity
05-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Trinity. This is why PARENTS ARE special people. Congratulations. But, sorry. Can't be a hypocrite about that Hip Hop stuff.
Some day. You'll understand.
I grew up in a different time when Four boys from Liverpool were just a FAD that WOULD NEVER LAST.

Oh no trust me I get it...that's why I have already had the talk with him, about him making it big, it will probably not happen....I am a realist, I don't bullshit nor pull punches both of my boys know this, but I will stand behind them and support them in whatever they pursue and they know this too. ;)

aboutime
05-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Oh no trust me I get it...that's why I have already had the talk with him, about him making it big, it will probably not happen....I am a realist, I don't bullshit nor pull punches both of my boys know this, but I will stand behind them and support them in whatever they pursue and they know this too. ;)

What else could anyone expect from a MOTHER????

You shine. It shows.

Trinity
05-29-2013, 09:45 PM
What else could anyone expect from a MOTHER????

You shine. It shows.

Of course I do that's my job....to educate, teach values, morals, and understanding....I don't sugar coat anything with my boys. :cool:

Gaffer
05-29-2013, 09:54 PM
I listened to a minute of it, well almost a minute. I just can't stand that stuff. I'm 100% behind him doing what he likes and being creative. I just don't want to listen to it. :thumb:

Kathianne
05-30-2013, 12:10 AM

I think that is parents job, to be their kids cheerleaders, but also their grounding rods. It's tough, to encourage the dreams, while encouraging realistic steps to take as a 'hedge,' which they and you know means likelihood. Try doing that and not be called, 'a dream killer.'

Kathianne
05-30-2013, 12:13 AM
I've got to admit, I'd an inside track to response. My first doctor told me his parents made him go through an apprenticeship with a butcher, (God's honest truth), in case he needed a 'fall back' occupation. He became a neurosurgeon at Northwestern. Also a damn fine cook, many years later he had my family for dinner. Yes, he butchered the meat.

Trinity
05-30-2013, 12:04 PM
I've got to admit, I'd an inside track to response. My first doctor told me his parents made him go through an apprenticeship with a butcher, (God's honest truth), in case he needed a 'fall back' occupation. He became a neurosurgeon at Northwestern. Also a damn fine cook, many years later he had my family for dinner. Yes, he butchered the meat.

lol sounds like what I told my boy's...you need a back up plan...just in case. :coffee:

Trinity
05-30-2013, 12:06 PM
I listened to a minute of it, well almost a minute. I just can't stand that stuff. I'm 100% behind him doing what he likes and being creative. I just don't want to listen to it. :thumb:

Almost a whole minute...WOW I got more out of you then I thought I would. I expected you would last about 10 seconds. :laugh:

Gaffer
05-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Almost a whole minute...WOW I got more out of you then I thought I would. I expected you would last about 10 seconds. :laugh:

well first I had to wait for the munchkin tune to get through. I was trying to figure out if that was them or from something else. I didn't understand a word of it.

Jeff
05-30-2013, 09:26 PM
I am not a Hip Hop fan but thats great Trinity I wish him the best of luck !!!