PDA

View Full Version : Aw: Chris Christie wins teddy bear on Jersey boardwalk for best friend

red states rule
05-30-2013, 03:05 AM
Folks it is so sickening watching Christie suck up to Obama. I am really disappointed in him and I am sure many conservatives are as well

If you want, watch the video but have a barf bag within reach

During a visit to New Jersey to tour Hurricane Sandy recovery efforts, President Barack Obama visits the boardwalk in Point Pleasant Beach where he and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie try their hand at the football toss game.While Obama fails at several attempts ,Christie wins on the first try and receives a teddy bear which he then handed to the President.

http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/2013/05/video_gov_chris_christie_wins.html

red states rule
05-30-2013, 04:46 AM
At least Chris Christie has become Joe and Mika's favorite Republican

Perhaps Bill Ayers will send Chris an autographed pic

red states rule
05-30-2013, 03:02 PM
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/obama-rino-chris-christie-jersey-shore-lovers-may-2013-traitor.jpg

Marcus Aurelius
05-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Allah forbid the governor of a state do what he has to do in order to look after the best interests of his state, and federal politics be damned, right?

red states rule
05-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Allah forbid the governor of a state do what he has to do in order to look after the best interests of his state, and federal politics be damned, right?
Yea like bitching at the R's for wanting to take out the PORK from the Sandy relief bill. Lets face it - Chris has sold out and is only interested in getting re-elected. Even if it means sucking up tot he worst damn excuse we ever had sitting in the Oval Office

Thunderknuckles
05-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Folks it is so sickening watching Christie suck up to Obama. I am really disappointed in him and I am sure many conservatives are as well
You're being nice about it. Christie was a darling of the party and as soon as he took those pics with Obama after the hurricane and right before the election...BAM...now he's the a-hole.
People that used to sing his praise for his straight forward, blunt approach now curse him. Frankly, I'm offended at the party for that. Christie put the well being of his state ahead of party politics which is what a governor is supposed to do. Christie has my admiration.

aboutime
05-30-2013, 03:24 PM
red states rule. Did you say Christie WON a Teddy Bear, or shook hands with one???

Since I do not live up there, across the Delaware from Joisy. I think I understand how you feel
about Christie. But...on the other hand. He is still a Gov. who has mighty big financial problems left over from Sandy.
And, since the state has taxes that are too high. I do believe ANYONE would try to SUCK UP to the Bammer since
he is the one who SIGNS the Treasury Checks for the states.

Christie is....FIRST...a Politician. Nobody denies that. But. Having the conditions he does in N.J. today.
That must be his first priority..whether the people like it or not.
Otherwise. As we have all seen. Obama has the power to SHUT OFF the Money spigot from Washington with
Harry Reid, and the Wicked Witch Nancy....hiding in his Undershorts for support.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 03:25 PM
You're being nice about it. Christie was a darling of the party and as soon as he took those pics with Obama after the hurricane and right before the election...BAM...now he's the a-hole.
People that used to sing his praise for his straight forward, blunt approach now curse him. Frankly, I'm offended at the party for that. Christie put the well being of his state ahead of party politics which is what a governor is supposed to do. Christie has my admiration.

Right now even Chris Matthews is getting a thrill up his leg over Gov Christie. Again, why was he whining over the R's wanting to pull the PORK from the relief bill? Oh, he put POLITICS ahead of what was the right thing to do

Marcus Aurelius
05-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Yea like bitching at the R's for wanting to take out the PORK from the Sandy relief bill. Lets face it - Chris has sold out and is only interested in getting re-elected. Even if it means sucking up tot he worst damn excuse we ever had sitting in the Oval Office

You really don't know what you're talking about on this one.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 03:33 PM

As Ricky Ricardo would say - splain this
Efforts to eliminate pork and offset spending from the Hurricane Sandy relief package failed Tuesday night, as President Barack Obama and Democrats declared victory for an aid bill that will total over $60 billion.

Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-SC) sponsored an amendment that would have administered a 1.63% cut to discretionary programs to fund the $17 billion baseline bill. "The time has come and gone in this nation where we can walk in here one day and spend nine or 17 or 60 billion dollars and not think about who's paying for it," said (file:///vhttp/::thehill.com:blogs:floor-action:house:277379-50-billion-sandy-bill-splits-gop-but-clears-the-house) Rep. Mulvaney.
However, the measure was defeated 162-258. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) voted against the Mulvaney amendment; Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) and Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) voted for it. Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee Hal Rogers (R-KY) blasted the effort to offset spending, saying (http://www.humanevents.com/2013/01/15/gop-splits-over-pork-funding-in-sandy-aid/) it would involve “devastating slash and burn cuts” that would “totally discriminate, cutting the good and the bad.”
On top of the $17 billion bill, Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-NJ) offered another amendment that added $33.7 billion to the aid package. That measure passed 228-192, with 20 Republicans (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/15/Sandy-vote-provides-first-primary-target-list) from unaffected areas voting for it. As Human Events (http://www.humanevents.com/2013/01/15/gop-splits-over-pork-funding-in-sandy-aid/) notes, the Frelinghuysen amendment was loaded with superfluous spending, including “$500 million for weather forecasting and to help create an ocean zoning plan–the later one of Obama’s pet projects. Also included are $10 million for FBI salaries $2 billion for road construction across the country, as well as funding for the Head Start program, roof repairs at the Smithsonian, and $150 million for fisheries across the country.”
The third piece of the relief package involved a $9 billion bill passed earlier this month for the National Flood Insurance Program. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/16/60-Billion-Sandy-Bill-Larded-With-Pork

aboutime
05-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Right now even Chris Matthews is getting a thrill up his leg over Gov Christie. Again, why was he whining over the R's wanting to pull the PORK from the relief bill? Oh, he put POLITICS ahead of what was the right thing to do

red states rule. I think, most all of us would agree with everything you said, and expressed in your feelings about Christie. That's a normal reaction we have all seen...possibly hundreds of times.

Not defending Christie, just being a little Pragmatic, and playing Devil's advocate in many ways.
We all know. And I suspect, Christie Knows....Obama cannot, and should not be trusted, any more than he can THROW Christie.

But as they say. Politics makes strange bedfellows. And if Christie see's more money coming to New Jersey....because he smiles, and shakes hands with the PRETENDER. So be it.
At least the people of N.J. will feel the help coming, that is WAY OVERDUE since Sandy.

I always remind myself of my vote for Jimmy Carter, back in the 70's. And now. I remind myself how UNINFORMED I was back then.
The same can be said for politics today. Only now. I make it a point to learn, and be aware of the differences between LIARS and those who tell the TRUTH.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 03:37 PM
red states rule. I think, most all of us would agree with everything you said, and expressed in your feelings about Christie. That's a normal reaction we have all seen...possibly hundreds of times.

Not defending Christie, just being a little Pragmatic, and playing Devil's advocate in many ways.
We all know. And I suspect, Christie Knows....Obama cannot, and should not be trusted, any more than he can THROW Christie.

But as they say. Politics makes strange bedfellows. And if Christie see's more money coming to New Jersey....because he smiles, and shakes hands with the PRETENDER. So be it.
At least the people of N.J. will feel the help coming, that is WAY OVERDUE since Sandy.

I always remind myself of my vote for Jimmy Carter, back in the 70's. And now. I remind myself how UNINFORMED I was back then.
The same can be said for politics today. Only now. I make it a point to learn, and be aware of the differences between LIARS and those who tell the TRUTH.

Seems Chris has his price. Lots of pork (non edible pork) and keeping his job by sucking up to Obama

Thunderknuckles
05-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Again, why was he whining over the R's wanting to pull the PORK from the relief bill? Oh, he put POLITICS ahead of what was the right thing to do
First off, he was not pissed off at the party, he was pissed off at ONE guy, John Boehner, and he was damn right to be pissed off. Boehner had assured Christie that they were gonna pass the relief bill and right at the last minute it got scuttled. Christie called Boehner 4 times to ask what the hell happened and had to leave a message each time. Boehner didn't even have the courtesy to call back.

Christie's got people dying in his state and this is the bullshit he has to put up with? Hell yeah, he was right to be pissed.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 03:41 PM
First off, he was not pissed off at the party, he was pissed off at ONE guy, John Boehner, and he was damn right to be pissed off. Boehner had assured Christie that they were gonna pass the relief bill and right at the last minute it got scuttled. Christie called Boehner 4 times to ask what the hell happened and had to leave a message each time. Boehner didn't even have the courtesy to call back.

Christie's got people dying in his state and this is the bullshit he has to put up with? Hell yeah, he was right to be pissed.

OK, so lets piss through more money we do not have, while borrowing 40 cents of every dollar spent from China - just so Chris can feel real good about himself and Obama. NO wonder the country is so f'd up. Even those who claim to care about fiscal responsibility have their price if it is high enough. I guess it is smart to suck up to the guy with the keys to printing room at the US Mint

aboutime
05-30-2013, 03:48 PM
Seems Chris has his price. Lots of pork (non edible pork) and keeping his job by sucking up to Obama

Of course he does. Nobody has denied that. He's first A POLITICIAN, and second. The Gov. of a state in DEEP TROUBLE. His oath of office, like Obama's. Gives him the responsibility to PROTECT the citizens of New Jersey.

Christie knows the FED prints money. Everybody knows that. But the SEQUESTER by Obama has been taking money for STUPID, USELESS STUFF, rather than being transferred to the people who need it. Same for OKLAHOMA where the Tornado's have been destroying everything, and killing people.
Would you be just as angry at the Gov. of Oklahoma for asking Obama for more money to bring those people back from disaster??

Marcus Aurelius
05-30-2013, 03:48 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=642325#post642325)

As Ricky Ricardo would say - splain this
Efforts to eliminate pork and offset spending from the Hurricane Sandy relief package failed Tuesday night, as President Barack Obama and Democrats declared victory for an aid bill that will total over $60 billion.

Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-SC) sponsored an amendment that would have administered a 1.63% cut to discretionary programs to fund the $17 billion baseline bill. "The time has come and gone in this nation where we can walk in here one day and spend nine or 17 or 60 billion dollars and not think about who's paying for it," said Rep. Mulvaney.
However, the measure was defeated 162-258. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) voted against the Mulvaney amendment; Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) and Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) voted for it. Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee Hal Rogers (R-KY) blasted the effort to offset spending, saying (http://www.humanevents.com/2013/01/15/gop-splits-over-pork-funding-in-sandy-aid/) it would involve “devastating slash and burn cuts” that would “totally discriminate, cutting the good and the bad.”
On top of the $17 billion bill, Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-NJ) offered another amendment that added $33.7 billion to the aid package. That measure passed 228-192, with 20 Republicans (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/15/Sandy-vote-provides-first-primary-target-list) from unaffected areas voting for it. As Human Events (http://www.humanevents.com/2013/01/15/gop-splits-over-pork-funding-in-sandy-aid/) notes, the Frelinghuysen amendment was loaded with superfluous spending, including “$500 million for weather forecasting and to help create an ocean zoning plan–the later one of Obama’s pet projects. Also included are $10 million for FBI salaries $2 billion for road construction across the country, as well as funding for the Head Start program, roof repairs at the Smithsonian, and $150 million for fisheries across the country.”
The third piece of the relief package involved a $9 billion bill passed earlier this month for the National Flood Insurance Program. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...rded-With-Pork (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/16/60-Billion-Sandy-Bill-Larded-With-Pork)

I was referring only to Governor Christie, whom you seem to think has his lips attached to Obama's ass, and supports Obama in all things. The Mulvaney thing has zip to do with what I was referring to.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Looks like Christie supporters also want to rewrite history on the pork filled Sandy bill

On January 1 Speaker John Boehner made the decision to pull the Hurricane Sandy Relief bill from a vote because it was full of pork and pet projects. The bill included everything from funding for Amtrak to Alaska fisheries, hardly close to helping those devastated by the storm. As a reminder: (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/little_help_here_1kW6aQ8fElj4CKwbheEV0N)

The pork-barrel feast includes more than $8 million to buy cars and equipment for the Homeland Security and Justice departments. It also includes a whopping $150 million for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to dole out to fisheries in Alaska and $2 million for the Smithsonian Institution to repair museum roofs in DC.

An eye-popping $13 billion would go to “mitigation” projects to prepare for future storms.

Other big-ticket items in the bill include $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center; $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida; $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center and $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.

Budget watchdogs have dubbed the 94-page emergency-spending bill “Sandy Scam.”

Regardless of the original "Sandy Relief Bill" not really being about Sandy relief, Boehner's move prompted New Jersey Governor Chris Christie to hold an angry press conference the next day. He berated House Republicans for the failure of the bill.

"There is only one group to blame for the continued suffering of these innocent victims, the House majority and their Speaker John Boehner," Christie said.

On January 4, (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/05/nyregion/house-passes-9-7-billion-in-relief-for-hurricane-sandy-victims.html?_r=0)a bill to replenish the federal government's flood insurance fund was passed by the House and Senate and was signed by President Obama. On January 15, (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/sandy-relief-measure-passes_n_2480328.html) the House passed a $51 billion Sandy Relief package and it wasn't until January 29 that the remainder of the relief passed (http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/28/politics/senate-sandy) after stalling from the Democratic controlled Senate for weeks.
Today, Christie is claiming he never supported a pork ridden bill and demanded pork be stripped out of Sandy Relief from the beginning, which isn't true.

"My criticism was after they did not pass the GOP version of the bill without the pork in last Congress," posted on Twitter today.

In fact, he helped solicit votes for the pork ridden version of the bill Boehner pulled.

"My help was enlisted in rounding up votes. I spoke to members from all over the country. I spent most of New Years Eve and New Years Day on the phone with members of Congress from all over the country soliciting their support and vote for this package," Christie said on January 2.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/04/30/chris-christie-tries-to-rewrite-history-of-hurricane-sandy-relief-bill-n1583062

Marcus Aurelius
05-30-2013, 03:50 PM
OK, so lets piss through more money we do not have, while borrowing 40 cents of every dollar spent from China - just so Chris can feel real good about himself and Obama. NO wonder the country is so f'd up. Even those who claim to care about fiscal responsibility have their price if it is high enough. I guess it is smart to suck up to the guy with the keys to printing room at the US Mint

Your major malfunction is that you ASSume that anyone who doesn't outright hate Obama as much as you do, is obviously in love with Obama and will do anything for him.

false ASSumption.

Thunderknuckles
05-30-2013, 03:52 PM
There is no doubt Congress tried to dump some sweet pork into the relief bill but that is not Christie's problem. That's the problem of Congress taking advantage of a natural disaster to spend some money. I believe we discussed this very thing on this before when it happened. Again, this wasn't Christie's problem. All he sees is Congress failing to do the right thing for the folks in New Jersey because they're too busy playing petty money games while his people suffer. So yes, when Congress starts that shit, it probably IS a good idea to suck up to the guy with keys to printing room at the US Mint.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Your major malfunction is that you ASSume that anyone who doesn't outright hate Obama as much as you do, is obviously in love with Obama and will do anything for him.

false ASSumption.

OK, now you pull a Gabby and call dissatisfaction with Obama and his polices as hate

OK Marcus seems you have the same tolerance for different opinions as Gabby does

Sorry if I ticked you off by posting what Christie said about the pork filed Sandy bill and how he tried to run away from it

red states rule
05-30-2013, 03:55 PM
There is no doubt Congress tried to dump some sweet pork into the relief bill but that is not Christie's problem. That's the problem of Congress taking advantage of a natural disaster to spend some money. I believe we discussed this very thing on this before when it happened. Again, this wasn't Christie's problem. All he sees is Congress failing to do the right thing for the folks in New Jersey because they're too busy playing petty money games while his people suffer. So yes, when Congress starts that shit, it probably IS a good idea to suck up to the guy with keys to printing room at the US Mint.

Well Chris is great at sucking up that is for sure

It is sad to see so many mor people dismissing what is going on with the "everybody doe it" excuse. Just charge it and let the next generation deal with paying for it

Marcus Aurelius
05-30-2013, 03:55 PM
OK, now you pull a Gabby and call dissatisfaction with Obama and his polices as hate

OK Marcus seems you have the same tolerance for different opinions as Gabby does

Sorry if I ticked you off by posting what Christie said about the pork filed Sandy bill and how he tried to run away from it

I am dissatisfied with Obama and his policies as well. But I don't go calling out the governor of NJ for kissing Obama's ass to save his state. That's apparently your job.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 04:01 PM
I am dissatisfied with Obama and his policies as well. But I don't go calling out the governor of NJ for kissing Obama's ass to save his state. That's apparently your job.

and after Chris bitched about the pork bill, won Obama a teddy bear - the citizens in NJ are doing "just fine"

Simply posting the facts is what I do Marcus - sorry of these facts rubbed you the wrong way

While the entire nation turns their attention towards this week’s tragic events in Moore, Oklahoma, there’s still a great need at the Jersey Shore almost seven months after Superstorm Sandy came crashing in.

Although many of the boardwalks around the state will be ready in time for the Memorial Day holiday weekend, things aren’t entirely back to normal.

In fact, there’s still a lot more work to be done. Thousands are still dealing with an uncertain future, either living in motels or rentals, not sure what to do. There are still homes and businesses in ruins, debris in several communities and even towns that have yet to fully cleanup and add up all the damage estimates. Ortley Beach in Ocean County is one, in particular. Work continues over in Mantoloking to clean up and dismantle destroyed homes that have become unsalvageable.

No one knows that better than Patricia Donaghue, who runs the People’s Pantry in Toms River.

While many will be taking in the sights, sounds and smells of a summer at the shore this weekend, there are many who are still looking for food, clothing, furniture and other items trying to pick up the smashed pieces of their lives.

“While it’s great the boardwalk will be ready and tourists will be back, we are still in crisis mode. Believe it or not, we are still getting close to 600 people coming through our doors each week – even this long after the storm. There are lots of visual reminders out there. We can always use the extra help.”

Donaghue credits a lot of the efforts to her volunteers. Their operation, which started days after Sandy hit, is more than a pantry. It’s a family of grassroot non-profit organizations coming together to provide all of the resources our storm damaged community needs.

Their goal is to provide one central hub for all of the services needed by our storm damaged community. Whether you are looking for food, crews to work on your home, or just someone to talk to, they are here for you. If for whatever reason we cannot help you, we will point you in a better direction.

As of today, they still need paper towels and toilet paper, pasta and tomato sauce, tuna fish, laundry and dish detergent, new pillows, suitcases, blankets, cat, kitten, and dog food, Vicks Vapor Rub, cleaning supplies, contractor bags, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, jelly, adult underwear (new), dry milk, sugar, tea, soda, salad dressing, bread quart size zip lock bags, hairspray, gel, mousse, antibiotic creams, double, queen and king sized sheets, alcohol swabs, plastic cups and flashlights.

http://nj1015.com/sandy-victims-still-need-help-nearly-seven-months-later-audio/

Thunderknuckles
05-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Well Chris is great at sucking up that is for sure

It is sad to see so many mor people dismissing what is going on with the "everybody doe it" excuse. Just charge it and let the next generation deal with paying for it
No RSR, I agree with you on that point about not spending money like that. We shouldn't be doing it and I'll give Boehner some credit for trying to fight it but that was not the time for a principled stand. I guarantee there wasn't a Republican in Jersey cheering Boehner on while their family was suffering in the aftermath of Sandy.

In any case, that is not the argument here. The argument is about how the Republicans turned their back on Christie over his perceived sucking up to Obama.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 04:04 PM
No RSR, I agree with you on that point about not spending money like that. We shouldn't be doing it and I'll give Boehner some credit for trying to fight it but that was not the time for a principled stand. I guarantee there wasn't a Republican in Jersey cheering Boehner on while their family was suffering in the aftermath of Sandy.

In any case, that is not the argument here. The argument is about how the Republicans turned their back on Christie over his perceived sucking up to Obama.

Perceived?

He IS sucking up to Obama. Chis runs a BLUE state and he is up for re-election. You do not need a PhD in Political Scene to see what Chris is doing

Thunderknuckles
05-30-2013, 04:10 PM
OK, he is sucking up and you're right, he's up for re-election in a blue state. Why all the hate for the guy?
If Jersey don't want him, I'd be happy to have him run for Governor in my state of California. He can suck up to Obama all he likes as long as we get him in office.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 04:13 PM
OK, he is sucking up and you're right, he's up for re-election in a blue state. Why all the hate for the guy?
If Jersey don't want him, I'd be happy to have him run for Governor in my state of California. He can suck up to Obama all he likes as long as we get him in office.

Where did I say I hate him? Disappointed with him - yes

Like Gabby. Marcus takes any critisim of his guy as examples of hate

Thunderknuckles
05-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Where did I say I hate him? Disappointed with him - yes

Like Gabby. Marcus takes any critisim of his guy as examples of hate
OK, not hate. How about snark filled ridicule?
Bottom line is I disagree with your criticism in this case and I'll leave it at that.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 04:18 PM
OK, not hate. How about snark filled ridicule?
Bottom line is I disagree with your criticism in this case and I'll leave it at that.

No snark filled ridicule either. I have presented what Christie said, what he said he said afterwards, and provided the video of him winning his buddy Obama a teddy bear

Sorry if that offends anyone who read the posts or watched the video

Marcus Aurelius
05-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Chrstie will win in November... by a large margin.

He will then run for President in 2016.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Chrstie will win in November... by a large margin.

He will then run for President in 2016.

I never said he would not win in November. His sucking up to Obama is doing wonder for his poll numbers in a very blue state

However, his suck up campaign will cause him issues in a nationwide election

Thunderknuckles
05-30-2013, 04:28 PM
I never said he would not win in November. His sucking up to Obama is doing wonder for his poll numbers in a very blue state

It may cause him issues in getting the party nomination but as for the presidential election, I'd say all R's would vote for him over a Democratic opponent.
I don't think even you could stomach punching that ticket for Hillary Clinton over Christie :)

red states rule
05-30-2013, 04:31 PM
It may cause him issues in getting the party nomination but as for the presidential election, I'd say all R's would vote for him over a Democratic opponent.
I don't think even you could stomach punching that ticket for Hillary Clinton over Christie :)

It is early to hand Chris the nomination. However Chris will learn like John McCain did the liberal love will disappear in a heartbeat the minute he is the nominee

I can see the fat pics and ads right now. That is how liberals deal with those who pose a threat to their power

So the cuk up campaign will keep as Gov in NJ but will do NOTHING to endear himself to liberals when it come to the race for the White House

BTW, who said Hillary will be the Dems choice? I recall everyone saying the nomination was hers for the taking in 2008

Abbey Marie
05-30-2013, 04:33 PM
1. I would think that one can work with the President on behalf of one's State without having cutesy photo ops. It does come across as fawning on Christie's part.

2. Being fiscally Conservative only until you want money coming your way, is muy hypocritical.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 04:35 PM
1. I would think that one can work with the President on behalf of one's State without having cutesy photo ops. It does come across as fawning on Christie's part.

2. Being fiscally Conservative only until you want money coming your way, is muy hypocritical.

and Christie is guilty on both counts

Of course, only for the moment, Chris is loved by the likes of Chris Matthews and the Morning Joe crew which helps is re-election bid

Which is the reason for the suck up to Obama campaign

aboutime
05-30-2013, 04:35 PM
It is early to hand Chris the nomination. However Chris will learn like John McCain did the liberal love will disappear in a heartbeat the minute he is the nominee

I can see the fat pics and ads right now. That is how liberals deal with those who pose a threat to their power

So the cuk up campaign will keep as Gov in NJ but will do NOTHING to endear himself to liberals when it come to the race for the White House

BTW, who said Hillary will be the Dems choice? I recall everyone saying the nomination was hers for the taking in 2008

red states rule. You are correct about Hillary, and her nomination. UNTIL the Racists took over, and decided. If we really want to destroy this nation. We need Someone with No Experience, who speaks like a white guy, and acts like a Minority, who promises everybody who votes for him THE FREE MOON, and Lies like a blanket until everybody is BROKE...cept him and da Misses on Vacation for Life.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 04:37 PM
red states rule. You are correct about Hillary, and her nomination. UNTIL the Racists took over, and decided. If we really want to destroy this nation. We need Someone with No Experience, who speaks like a white guy, and acts like a Minority, who promises everybody who votes for him THE FREE MOON, and Lies like a blanket until everybody is BROKE...cept him and da Misses on Vacation for Life.

AT you really need to stop holding back and tell us what you really think

aboutime
05-30-2013, 04:40 PM
AT you really need to stop holding back and tell us what you really think

:laugh: Shucks. Iffin' I do dat. I cud be cused of bein' a racist, and labeled a terrorist..Obammy Style!

Marcus Aurelius
05-30-2013, 04:44 PM

So, you're the governor of a state... your state experiences a disaster like Sandy or Katrina... Obama asks what he can do to help...

you tell him 'Fuck off! I ain't suckin up to you, dumb ass!'

Is that about it?

Thunderknuckles
05-30-2013, 04:54 PM

I'll agree on point #1, but disagree with point #2. His state suffered a natural disaster and needed relief money. I don't think it's hypocritical to put down your political principles when people are suffering and dying around you and it's your job to help them.
"Sorry you're starving and all but I'm a fiscal conservative and there's just no money in the budget to help you but good luck to you!"

You're correct about the liberals. They will turn on him like abused pit bulls. Aboutime already answered for me with respect to 2008. Current conventional "wisdom" says that Hillary will run in 2016 barring something bad happening. My opinion is that the only way she will not get the nomination is if a charismatic opponent who is both female and black steps into the race. Then she's a goner. Michelle Obama????? :laugh:

aboutime
05-30-2013, 06:06 PM
I'll agree on point #1, but disagree with point #2. His state suffered a natural disaster and needed relief money. I don't think it's hypocritical to put down your political principles when people are suffering and dying around you and it's your job to help them.
"Sorry you're starving and all but I'm a fiscal conservative and there's just no money in the budget to help you but good luck to you!"

You're correct about the liberals. They will turn on him like abused pit bulls. Aboutime already answered for me with respect to 2008. Current conventional "wisdom" says that Hillary will run in 2016 barring something bad happening. My opinion is that the only way she will not get the nomination is if a charismatic opponent who is both female and black steps into the race. Then she's a goner. Michelle Obama????? :laugh:

Thunder. BITE YOUR TONGUE...:) Anything is possible, but I think Michelle is really FED UP with Washington. She just about said so when she announced how she ISN'T PROUD to be an American, or of America. SAME THING no matter how you look at it.
Too much time to go before we get rid of Obama...both of them.
First the Dems have to deal with 2014. And as long as Obama is hiding from the Benghazi, AP, FAST AND FURIOUS, and the Fox News guy investigation.
The MAJORITY in the U.S. Senate looks to be threatened...Finally.
Harry Reid needs to be committed to a RUBBER ROOM with No View.

Abbey Marie
05-30-2013, 07:09 PM

I was thinking of the people who are supporting Christie in his fawning over Obama. Not so much Christie himself. But I suppose your point applies either way.

red states rule
05-31-2013, 04:08 AM
So, you're the governor of a state... your state experiences a disaster like Sandy or Katrina... Obama asks what he can do to help...

you tell him 'Fuck off! I ain't suckin up to you, dumb ass!'

Is that about it?

My you are the emotional one when it comes to Christie. Much like Gabby when it comes to liberals and Jafar when it comes to his fellow "freedom fighters"

You gloss over the pork in the relief bill, and the article showing Chris tried to re-write history when it came to his demand for the pork fill "relief" bill to be passed without changes. It is clear like Obama supporters you do not care about facts when it comes to Chris

I find it telling about his real goals that as he is slapping Obama on the back, and walking down the boardwalk with his new found friend showing how the rebuilding efforts were so successful - many parts of his state are still in dire need of repair. Even after all the billions taxpayers have handed over

Perhaps if he spent more time doing his job and not on his Suck Up Tour things might be a bit better for his fellow citizens

So why don't you drink some de-caf and actually read what I am saying before you shift your spin cycle into turbo and lash out at me with your tolerance

BTW I always do wonder why taxpayers have to pay for people to rebuild after a storm, earthquake, or other natural disaster - that is what insurance is designed to do. Oh wait, most of these people who live along the beach do not have flood/wind ins. That is the job of taxpayers in their world and politicians like Obama (and now Christie) are more then willing to fill that role

After all politicians are always very generous with other peoples money

taft2012
05-31-2013, 05:32 AM

If the well-being of New Jersey, or any state for that matter, depends upon the governor groveling and kissing the ring of the President of the United States, then something is very very wrong. If you and Christie both believe (as it seems you both do) that Obama would have short-changed NJ if Christie did not prostrate himself at Obama's feet, then that is something the people of NJ and the entire nation have a right to know.

NJ is a deep blue state and Obama would not have screwed it over before an election. Christie was making a calculated political decision to benefit himself then, as he is doing now with this current presidential photo op.

Jeff
05-31-2013, 06:14 AM

I have to agree with this but honestly for me I would have much more respect for the man if he had ( right after Sandy ) said Obama has given me his personal number lets see if his promises will come true ( which of course they didn't ) but to keep kissing Obama's butt is sickening

Marcus Aurelius
05-31-2013, 06:18 AM
My you are the emotional one when it comes to Christie. Much like Gabby when it comes to liberals and Jafar when it comes to his fellow "freedom fighters"

You gloss over the pork in the relief bill, and the article showing Chris tried to re-write history when it came to his demand for the pork fill "relief" bill to be passed without changes. It is clear like Obama supporters you do not care about facts when it comes to Chris

I find it telling about his real goals that as he is slapping Obama on the back, and walking down the boardwalk with his new found friend showing how the rebuilding efforts were so successful - many parts of his state are still in dire need of repair. Even after all the billions taxpayers have handed over

Perhaps if he spent more time doing his job and not on his Suck Up Tour things might be a bit better for his fellow citizens

So why don't you drink some de-caf and actually read what I am saying before you shift your spin cycle into turbo and lash out at me with your tolerance

BTW I always do wonder why taxpayers have to pay for people to rebuild after a storm, earthquake, or other natural disaster - that is what insurance is designed to do. Oh wait, most of these people who live along the beach do not have flood/wind ins. That is the job of taxpayers in their world and politicians like Obama (and now Christie) are more then willing to fill that role

After all politicians are always very generous with other peoples money

Hyperbole much?

aboutime
05-31-2013, 12:11 PM
If the well-being of New Jersey, or any state for that matter, depends upon the governor groveling and kissing the ring of the President of the United States, then something is very very wrong. If you and Christie both believe (as it seems you both do) that Obama would have short-changed NJ if Christie did not prostrate himself at Obama's feet, then that is something the people of NJ and the entire nation have a right to know.

NJ is a deep blue state and Obama would not have screwed it over before an election. Christie was making a calculated political decision to benefit himself then, as he is doing now with this current presidential photo op.

Just serves to show how that adage about "You can't please everybody all the time" actually has some legs.

Nothing anybody on this forum can do about Christie, or Obama. We share our opinions. That's all any of us can do.

Some will disagree, and some won't. So...what's next?

red states rule
06-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Hyperbole much?

Congrats

I see you have successfully completed Gabby's Debate Tactics 101 course

Ignore, deflect, and accuse your oppoient of anything possible to avoid dealing with the facts presented

red states rule
06-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Just serves to show how that adage about "You can't please everybody all the time" actually has some legs.

Nothing anybody on this forum can do about Christie, or Obama. We share our opinions. That's all any of us can do.

Some will disagree, and some won't. So...what's next?

It is clear that for many folks they are opposed to overspending and pork when Dems do it

But look the other way when the overspending and pork benefits their guy