PDA

View Full Version : Labor big a real heavy sleeper

red states rule
05-30-2013, 03:52 AM
If this clown loses his job (which is unlikely due to union rules) he would be a perfect candidate for a Federal job. He would fit in perfectly at the GSA, IRS or DOD with the other pencil pushers and video stars

Union fat cat Mark Rosenthal spends more time sleeping at his desk than organizing labor, a series of damning photos reveals.

The 400-pound president of Local 983 of District Council 37 — the city’s largest blue-collar municipal-workers union — often downs a huge meal, then drops into dreamland in the early afternoon, members of the union’s executive board told The Post.

http://www.nypost.com/r/nypost/2013/05/28/news/web_photos/xxx050552--525x600.jpg

“He eats lunch when he arrives at work at 2 p.m. Then, like clockwork, he goes to sleep with a cup of soda on the table and the straw in it,” said Marvin Robbins, a union vice president.

“Then he wakes up, looks at his watch and says, ‘I have to get out before the traffic gets bad.’ He’s usually out by 4 p.m. after being at the office two hours.”
Rosenthal is a former Parks Department employee who rose to power campaigning to rid the union of corruption in the late 1990s.
He last made embarrassing headlines in 2009, when he inspired a City Council bill requiring jumbo-size ambulances for morbidly obese patients after he had a stroke at City Hall.

Since then, he hasn’t been making much of an effort to give the city’s ambulances a break and slim down. Union officials say he racks up $1,400 in monthly food bills on the union dime.

Much of the 5-foot-7, 400-plus-pound Rosenthal’s food tabs are for catered union events and meals he writes off as “union business,” board members claim.
They say he significantly overorders at eateries like Dallas BBQ, the Stage Door Deli and Pine Restaurant in The Bronx, a hangout for local politicians, and takes the extra food back to his Bronxdale apartment.

“He’s always walking off with a doggie bag or extra boxes of food,” said another executive board member.

Rosenthal, who earns $156,000 annually, yesterday denied being a free spender— and insisted he works “12-to-14-hour days.”
He says the allegations are “part of a smear campaign” by a faction trying to get another Local 983 vice president, Joseph Puleo, elected president in a June 5 showdown.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/labor_big_real_heavy_sleeper_jl3C7gI710FI3XqpEl5o3 O

Voted4Reagan
05-30-2013, 04:02 AM
If this clown loses his job (which is unlikely due to union rules) he would be a perfect candidate for a Federal job. He would fit in perfectly at the GSA, IRS or DOD with the other pencil pushers and video stars

fire him and disband the union

red states rule
05-30-2013, 04:14 AM
fire him and disband the union

The guy does NOTHING to earn his income

He is a role model for a large segment of union "workers"

taft2012
05-30-2013, 06:50 AM
As far as DC-37 goes, this guy's the cream of the crop.

aboutime
05-30-2013, 04:31 PM
As far as DC-37 goes, this guy's the cream of the crop.

Damn! I've only been retired from the navy since 1995. And, I thought the navy NO Longer used such ANCHORS!

Seriously. This is the kind of people running Union's, and, in many cases. That is the very same kind of person

no union can fire, or get rid of because of Union Protections agreed to by the AFL-CIO, and even the FEDERAL GOVT. Obamacare will one day provide TAXPAYER funds to support until they die.

red states rule
05-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Damn! I've only been retired from the navy since 1995. And, I thought the navy NO Longer used such ANCHORS!

Seriously. This is the kind of people running Union's, and, in many cases. That is the very same kind of person

no union can fire, or get rid of because of Union Protections agreed to by the AFL-CIO, and even the FEDERAL GOVT. Obamacare will one day provide TAXPAYER funds to support until they die.

On what the slob earns, you know damn well he can afford Nutrisystem

aboutime
05-30-2013, 04:36 PM
On what the slob earns, you know damn well he can afford Nutrisystem

Yeah. But, who's brave enough to wake him AT WORK, to tell him to LOSE SOME WEIGHT????

red states rule
05-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Yeah. But, who's brave enough to wake him AT WORK, to tell him to LOSE SOME WEIGHT????

Or to tell me to stop putting a hot dog on his hamburger

Or mayo on his Tylenol