PDA

View Full Version : Wrongly fired and abused by PC gone amok.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Grant R. (4 days ago)

<tbody>
http://www.debatepolicy.com/img/comments/avatars/1.png

Ha! This does my heart good. Now, at least ONE black person knows how the rest of us have felt all these years about ridiculous, asinine, over-the-top, racial sensitivity. Sorry Ms. Smith, but for future reference, it doesn't matter that you meant no offense; it only matters that she was "offended" :-)

</tbody>

Read more: http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/05/24/Fired-for-word-negro-Bronx-teacher-claims-misunderstanding-not-racial-slur/1651369410213/#ixzz2Umb51d2Q

Fired for word 'negro': Bronx teacher claims misunderstanding, not racial slur
By GABRIELLE LEVY, UPI.com (http://www.upi.com/author/Gabrielle-Levy/)

A Bronx teacher fired after a student complained about her use of a racial slur says the whole thing is just a ridiculous case of meaning lost -- literally -- in translation.
Petrona Smith, 65, was a non-tenured teacher at the bilingual school PS 211 until March 2012, when she was fired after a student complained of being called "negro" and "a failure."
But Smith, who is black and a native of the West Indies, said the student misunderstood her meaning: she was using the word "negro," the word for the color black in Spanish, not an outmoded reference to an person of African descent.

“They haven’t even accounted for how absurd it is for someone who’s black to be using a racial slur to a student,” Shaun Reid, Smith’s attorney, told the New York Post (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/fired_teacher_says_meaning_lost_bW6R6nBbSLCBUv65MX EeGJ?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=%0a%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20Bronx ). “Talk about context! There’s a lot of things wrong here.”
In court papers, Smith said she was teaching students how to say different colors, and even explained that the a black person in Spanish is called "moreno," not "negro." She also said she asked students who had failed a test to move to the back of the class, but had never called them failures.
Smith detailed the abuse she claims she often suffered at the hands of her students, who, according to her claims filed in court, called her "f***ing monkey," "cockroach" and "n****r." Smith said she had always risen above their insults.
The investigation leading to her termination relied on the word of four 7th-grade students, even though one of the student's parents admitted he had lied.
Smith, who has been unable to to find work since she was fired, has sued for wrongful termination. The school district has so far refused to comment on the case.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/05/24/Fired-for-word-negro-Bronx-teacher-claims-misunderstanding-not-racial-slur/1651369410213/#ixzz2UmcCZzWE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment on the article bolded in blue above was my first thought as well. I had to use it as it fit so damn well.
Now a black has had the pleasure to feel the injustice of both the ever so falsely played race card and the PC bullshat that has plagued this nation for at least 3 decades now.
Isn't it just a bit of sweet justice coming back to bite 'em right in the azz??-'Ole Lucifer sho' knows how to put a truly wicked twist on some wicked sh*t.. :laugh:
After the many thousands that have suffered from the injustice of having the false race card played on them for decades now , one black getting stung by it brings no tears from me. In fact , I find it to be a delight .
Being burned by the dragon used to fry others is sweet justice only if it is in just this one case!
I never rebuke, deny or fail to appreciate sweet justice no matter who benefits from it..-Tyr

darin
05-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Would love to see her sue and get millions.

Thunderknuckles
05-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Would love to see her sue and get millions.
I read that story a couple of days ago and it is really bizarre. I can't help but think that there is more to this than what is being reported. Such as the school looking to get rid of her already and this was just the excuse they used to do it. Either way, getting fired for using the proper word for the color black is insane and if this is all it is really about then yes, I think she should sue the bejeebus out of them. Oh, and someone needs to sit down with the "offended" student and set them straight. If she represents the generation that will inherit this country, we are surely doomed.

Pro tip: the real offensive word for blacks in Spanish is Mayate.

cadet
05-30-2013, 10:40 AM

iSanta mierda!
I didn't want to know that!

aboutime
05-30-2013, 02:33 PM
I read that story a couple of days ago and it is really bizarre. I can't help but think that there is more to this than what is being reported. Such as the school looking to get rid of her already and this was just the excuse they used to do it. Either way, getting fired for using the proper word for the color black is insane and if this is all it is really about then yes, I think she should sue the bejeebus out of them. Oh, and someone needs to sit down with the "offended" student and set them straight. If she represents the generation that will inherit this country, we are surely doomed.

Thunderknuckles. No Need for anyone to know that, or to have any reason to repeat it.

If we honestly wish to fight racism, and stop such behavior. It must be TOTAL...and from both sides.

Things are bad enough. All anyone needs to do, or hear is any of the many Black So-called Comedians who use slurs of their own race, and they get AWARDS, and APPLAUSE for Ignorance.

We all need to ignore that if we ever hope to defeat it as what I can only call. HATRED.