PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Favorite Movies

Guernicaa
06-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Mine are:

-Kill Bill (vol 1/2)...I've seen it enough times that I pretty much know all the characters lines

-The Patriot

-The Departed

-Back to the future (all of them)

-Marie Antoinette

darin
06-04-2007, 03:00 PM
In no particular order:

Kill Bill vol 1/2
The silence of the Lambs
Stranger than Fiction
Indiana Jones trilogy
Empire Strikes Back

chum43
06-04-2007, 03:07 PM
bring me the head of alfredo garcia... warren oates, best single performance of all time in any movie.
the long goodbye... eliot gould is the best marlowe, forget bogart.
pat garrett and billy the kid... coburn is the coolest.
once upon a time in the west... bronson baby!
dawn of the dead('78)/day of the dead('85)... I can't decide which is better.

Guernicaa
06-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Best scene in Kill Bill:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w2tD3uDqEUg&mode=related&search=

manu1959
06-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Apocalypse Now
Natural Born Killers
Gladiator
Unforgiven
Usual Suspects

OCA
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Goodfellas
Open Range
Caddyshack
Full Metal Jacket
The Cowboys(John Wayne)

Baron Von Esslingen
06-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Ben Hur
Spartacus
Braveheart
Troy
The Blues Brothers

dan
06-05-2007, 08:13 AM
dawn of the dead('78)/day of the dead('85)... I can't decide which is better

To me, Dawn is the clear choice there. The effects in Day are better, but Dawn has a better story, in my opinion. Have you ever read the original script? It's probably still floating around the internet somewhere, it's ridiculously different from the final film, apparently they lost most of their funding and had to cut out the majority of the effects in the script. They used some of it in Land of the Dead, too, though.

dan
06-05-2007, 08:14 AM
In no order....

1. Ghostbusters
2. Chasing Amy
3. Almost Famous
4. Magnolia
5. Goodfellas

chum43
06-05-2007, 02:33 PM
To me, Dawn is the clear choice there. The effects in Day are better, but Dawn has a better story, in my opinion. Have you ever read the original script? It's probably still floating around the internet somewhere, it's ridiculously different from the final film, apparently they lost most of their funding and had to cut out the majority of the effects in the script. They used some of it in Land of the Dead, too, though.

as much as I love dawn, there is a big chunk of time i just get disinterested upon multiple viewings, I mean it's not even really the effects in day that do it for me, it's just the dialogue, it's so damn quotable and joe pilato(leader) and terry alexander(flyboy) are amazing, I just get more entertainment out of the dialogue in day and there really is no downtime for me like there is in dawn between when they first explore the mall and when the bikers show up... thats just a big chunk that I get bored with once in a while, but the rest of it is so good it evens out... I still can't decide.

dan
06-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Fair enough. To be fair, I've seen Day a lot more than I've seen Dawn, in fact, I've only seen Dawn in its entirety probably three times. To me, Dawn seems to attempt to be more of a social commentary, whereas Day is more typical situational zombie horror. I guess 'typical' isn't a fair term since Romero invented the genre and all, but you know what I mean.

Abbey Marie
06-05-2007, 03:49 PM
1. Roxanne
2. Platoon
3. On Golden Pond
4. Moonstruck
5. Young Frankenstein

Honorable mention: The original House on Haunted Hill

jackass
06-05-2007, 06:34 PM
1. Braveheart
2. Platoon
3. Nightmare Before Christmas
4. Something about Mary
5. The Quiet Man

(Tried to choose one from a few different categories)

chum43
06-05-2007, 07:46 PM
5. The Quiet Man

the quiet man is probably my favorite john ford movie, and definitely my favorite john wayne performance, it's really underrated, just because there are so many others in those two categories that get all the glory... the boxing flashback is two of the best minutes in cinema history as far as i'm concerned.

OCA
06-05-2007, 07:48 PM
1. Roxanne
2. Platoon
3. On Golden Pond
4. Moonstruck
5. Young Frankenstein

Honorable mention: The original House on Haunted Hill

Abbey, you chick flick lover you!

Pale Rider
06-11-2007, 09:27 AM
1. The Outlaw Josey Wales
2. Pale Rider
3. The Majestic
4. The Wizard Of Oz
5. Return Of The Jedi

musicman
06-24-2007, 11:52 AM
In no particular order:

The Godfather (I and II)

Duel (Actually, a made-for TV movie, starring Dennis Weaver. Spielberg's directorial debut - WOW!)

The Outlaw Josey Wales

S.O.B. (Blake Edwards' middle-finger salute to Hollywood - and he is merciless!)

Band of Brothers

dan
06-25-2007, 04:45 AM
All you Kill Bill fans should know that they're coming out with a box set in, I believe, November. It's edited into one movie, and it's listed as NC-17, so I'm assuming it's probably the foreign cut (no cutting to black and white during the Crazy 88 fight, a few extra gory bits in the anime sequence).