PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering what you guys think of this TV ad

gabosaurus
05-31-2013, 11:40 PM
Give me your honest feedback.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kYofm5d5Xdw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Thunderknuckles
05-31-2013, 11:50 PM
Way ahead of you. I already saw it and responsed on Reddit.
Apparently the ad got a lot of racist backlash by white dipshits. Cheerios is standing by the ad.
It's all good. If they want to reach out to mixed race families I could care less.
The only thing I thought was funny is that blacks have yet to chime in with the prortrayal of the "lazy" black man lounging on the couch while mommy takes care of the kids.
If they have a problem with that, they may finally have something in common with racists lol.

gabosaurus
05-31-2013, 11:56 PM
Next... :rolleyes:

logroller
06-01-2013, 01:16 AM
What a mess. I'd be pissed if my daughter dumped a box of cereal out-- whether on me or not. Maybe mom should have got a string and had her daughter thread a necklace with those cheerios-- worked on her fine motor skills cause it's quite clear she lacks the understanding of diet and health. But even so, and with respect to thunderknuckles comment, there's strong evidence to suggest that gluten and milk aggravate colon issues, hyperactive immune systems and overall health, especially among those with European origins. And don't get me started on the collusion between government and wheat/ dairy producers-- the subsidization of otherwise unsustainable levels of agricultural production of certain products, the long-reaching domestic intrusion of public policy under the guise of commerce and the international geopolitical oppression that results.
Cute kid though. Sorry your mom and dad whore you out to the man. Get used to it.

fj1200
06-01-2013, 06:34 AM

It's a commercial. And???

... there's strong evidence to suggest...

You sure got a lot out of 30 seconds meant to be cute and heartwarming. :poke:

Kathianne
06-01-2013, 06:50 AM

Yup, all I saw was a little kid trying to protect the dad's heart. LOL!

tailfins
06-01-2013, 06:52 AM
What if they were selling Oreo cookies?

jimnyc
06-01-2013, 08:21 AM

Seemed like a little kid concerned about her Dad. She tricked her Mom into giving her some information, and then went back to help protect her Daddy. I love it!

But... I'm not convinced that Cheerios, or other cereals, should be touting themselves as "medication" of sorts. But good otherwise!

Noir
06-01-2013, 09:01 AM
I have no idea how any of that is supose to be racist.

WiccanLiberal
06-01-2013, 09:13 AM
I much preferred this one

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v3t-1FjXtyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Voted4Reagan
06-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Cute ad...

A dog would have helped with the clean up.....

Trigg
06-01-2013, 11:39 AM
I have no idea how any of that is supose to be racist.

The add got a lot of racist comments because of the mixed race couple.

Gabby was hoping to troll the board, since she thinks most of us are ignorant racists who are married to our cousins :)

logroller
06-01-2013, 11:48 AM

The whole is greater than the sum of all its parts. -Aristotle

BillyBob
06-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Black women will hate it. The black guy sleeping on the couch is a traitor to his race.

Robert A Whit
06-01-2013, 12:24 PM

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kYofm5d5Xdw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Funny you bring this up.

Was it supposed to be race baiting?

As to Cheerios, my cardiologist spoke to me yesterday on cereals and the first I asked him about is Life and he recommended I instead eat Raisin Bran. He named other cereals and did include Cheerios so there is no problem with those.

jimnyc
06-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Gabby was hoping to troll the board, since she thinks most of us are ignorant racists who are married to our cousins :)

Nuke isn't your cousin? :)

My wife is pretty intelligent, proof that she doesn't come from my blood! :laugh:

tailfins
06-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Funny you bring this up.

Was it supposed to be race baiting?

As to Cheerios, my cardiologist spoke to me yesterday on cereals and the first I asked him about is Life and he recommended I instead eat Raisin Bran. He named other cereals and did include Cheerios so there is no problem with those.

If they have a cereal call Life, why don't they have on called Death? Or a gas station called Immobile?

fj1200
06-01-2013, 12:33 PM

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. - Freud

jimnyc
06-01-2013, 12:37 PM

May I please see your boobies? -Jim

Robert A Whit
06-01-2013, 12:41 PM
If they have a cereal call Life, why don't they have on called Death? Or a gas station called Immobile?

I don't think the stores would stock a cereal called death.

BillyBob
06-01-2013, 12:42 PM
There's too much serious business goin' on in the black community to be out here slidin' through South Street with white dirty cracker whores under their arms and we call ourselves black men with African garb on. -King Samir Jabazz [Black Panthers]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVcfymOvoUo

gabosaurus
06-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Billy Bob, why not post that commercial on the StormFront board and tell us what the reaction is.

logroller
06-01-2013, 01:50 PM

So says the guy who was paid by drug companies to endorse cocaine's therapeutic benefits.

fj1200
06-01-2013, 02:05 PM
So says the guy who was paid by drug companies to endorse cocaine's therapeutic benefits.

I only endorse MJs therapeutic benefits... or at least base my entire political outlook on it.

Or so I've heard. But you were talking about Freud.

Oh my, I've said too much.

aboutime
06-01-2013, 02:35 PM

Trigg. You may be right about Gabby since she needs to hide the real facts about meeting her husband at a family reunion. So it would be easy for her to know about cousin's, and family RELATIONS.

logroller
06-01-2013, 02:54 PM
I only endorse MJs therapeutic benefits... or at least base my entire political outlook on it.

Or so I've heard. But you were talking about Freud.

Oh my, I've said too much.

Whoa NO!
I'm into Merck for 100 shares, so pot's BAD for my portfolio. :laugh2:

oops. I've said too much as well. Nothing to see here. Move along.

{insert famous quip on freedom here}

BillyBob
06-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Billy Bob, why not post that commercial on the StormFront board and tell us what the reaction is.

Go ahead.

Jeff
06-02-2013, 08:42 AM
I thought it was a cute commercial myself

But yes Gabby you tried and failed again

Noir
06-02-2013, 09:05 AM

Oh right okay, so its the people responding to the advert? What morons.

Then again if they'd used a gay couple there'd probably be folks on this board who'd never buy Cheerios again or something.

jimnyc
06-02-2013, 09:22 AM

Then again if they'd used a gay couple there'd probably be folks on this board who'd never buy Cheerios again or something.

Gay people eat Cheerios? Such a shame, used to like them little round bastards! I stopped eating Snickers after that "gay" Superbowl commercial a couple of years ago! :)

j/k

Trigg
06-02-2013, 09:40 AM

much like all those liberals who decided they'd never eat at Chick-fil-a because the owner donated money to conservative causes. :salute:

SassyLady
06-03-2013, 02:04 AM
I thought it was cute and I thought they looked like a nice family. Anyone who thinks it is racist is small minded and stuck in the past. Get a life.

PostmodernProphet
06-06-2013, 06:52 AM
it was funny.....I had seen that ad a few times before I read it was controversial.....until then I hadn't noticed it was a biracial couple......

Noir
06-06-2013, 01:46 PM
much like all those liberals who decided they'd never eat at Chick-fil-a because the owner donated money to conservative causes. :salute:

Kinda, maybe, it would depend on what exactly the 'causes' were. Taking a stand against something because you think it will harm yourself or others, is different to taking a stand against something that will not harm yourself or others.

aboutime
06-06-2013, 01:52 PM
it was funny.....I had seen that ad a few times before I read it was controversial.....until then I hadn't noticed it was a biracial couple......

PostmodernProphet. Take notice, if you will. Only those who always accuse others of being racists are now the same people who need to point out their hatred for a biracial couple. When there reality should be..NO BIG DEAL....Good commercial, nice couple. No differences noticed.