PDA

View Full Version : A scenario..

Guernicaa
06-04-2007, 05:15 PM
You are the father/mother of a 16 year old son/daughter.

They come to you and tell you that they are gay/lesbian, regardless of how much religion you taught them growing up.

What would you do?

darin
06-04-2007, 05:16 PM
I'd get them help. :)

gabosaurus
06-04-2007, 05:46 PM
They are your kids. You love them for what they are, not what you want them to be.
I love the idea of sending your own kids to a concentration camp for being born the wrong way.

Now if my 16-year-old said he/she wanted to vote Republican, THEN I would get them help. :laugh2:

manu1959
06-04-2007, 06:05 PM
They are your kids. You love them for what they are, not what you want them to be.
I love the idea of sending your own kids to a concentration camp for being born the wrong way.

Now if my 16-year-old said he/she wanted to vote Republican, THEN I would get them help. :laugh2:

if she is voting at 16 you better get her a good lawyer....

manu1959
06-04-2007, 06:06 PM

They come to you and tell you that they are gay/lesbian, regardless of how much religion you taught them growing up.

What would you do?

give them a hug and tell them they are too young to date.....

5stringJeff
06-04-2007, 07:29 PM

What would you do?

Refer him/her to this organization, or a similar one:

http://www.exodus-international.org/

glockmail
06-04-2007, 07:32 PM

What would you do?

In order of preference:

1. Electro-shock therapy.
2. Frontal lobotomy.

06-04-2007, 07:53 PM
if she is voting at 16 you better get her a good lawyer....

since when have democrats been concerned about voting laws?

Doniston
06-04-2007, 09:04 PM

What would you do?

First, I would discuss the situation with them and learn how committed they were (or weren't)
and then:

Whatever the answer, I would support them and their chosen way of life.

Doniston
06-04-2007, 09:08 PM
I sincerly hope that most of the responsed supplied here are not really serious. If they are, it would answer the reason why there are so many in the closet.

diuretic
06-04-2007, 11:48 PM
First, I would discuss the situation with them and learn how committed they were (or weren't)
and then:

I'd think some might argue about a sexual orientation being "chosen".

JeffWartman
06-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Refer him/her to this organization, or a similar one:

http://www.exodus-international.org/

And then let the years of therapy begin, after dealing with backwards organizations like that.

LOL, send the kid to Jesus Camp!

JeffWartman
06-05-2007, 12:16 AM

So much for letting the children think for themselves.

chum43
06-05-2007, 12:28 AM
pretend I didn't hear them, tell them do what makes you happy, and then politely ask them never to mention whatever it is they just mentioned again.

glockmail
06-05-2007, 09:32 AM
..... I would support them and their chosen way of life.

BIG FO-PAH there, Doniston. Get on board with your liberalism: you are supposed to claim that homosexuality IS NOT A CHOICE.

That's a big lie, of course, but is what you are supposed to recite.

:laugh2:

Doniston
06-05-2007, 11:26 AM
I'd think some might argue about a sexual orientation being "chosen". I agree, but then I didn't say sexual orientation I said Chosen "way of life." (All gays do not live a gay life.)

darin
06-05-2007, 12:02 PM
I agree, but then I didn't say sexual orientation I said Chosen "way of life." (All gays do not live a gay life.)

Talk about a back peddle eh? Your implication was clear, now you're trying to change what you said.

If somebody does not live a 'gay life' the are in fact not 'gay'.

glockmail
06-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Poor donny got caught with his pants down again. :laugh2:

darin
06-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Poor donny got caught with his pants down again. :laugh2:

He was probably just taking a piss. :)

Doniston
06-05-2007, 02:52 PM
BIG FO-PAH there, Doniston. Get on board with your liberalism: you are supposed to claim that homosexuality IS NOT A CHOICE.

:laugh2: Contrary to your opinion, I am liberal , not stupid. IMHO sometimes homosexuality is not a choice, but acting in a homosexual manner "IS" a choice. A true homosexual is homosexual, regardless of actions

Doniston
06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Talk about a back peddle eh? Your implication was clear, now you're trying to change what you said. Oh? is that so? can't you read? this is my precise statement.

(QUOTE) Whatever the answer, I would support them and their chosen way of life.(unquote)

The implication you received was from your imagination.

If somebody does not live a 'gay life' the are in fact not 'gay'. Bull pucky.

darin
06-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Oh? is that so? can't you read? this is my precise statement.

The implication you received was from your imagination.

Bull pucky.

When somebody asks this:

"What would you do if your kid 'turned' gay?"

And you answer "I'd support them in their chosen way of life" - it does NOT take a rocket scientist to understand what you wrote. Problem is, YOU don't understand what you wrote and are now trying to back-out of it, or twist how we define 'chosen' because you can't admit you're wrong. Howniceforyouomgwtf!!!!!11ONEJUAN!!!

glockmail
06-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Contrary to your opinion, I am liberal , not stupid. IMHO sometimes homosexuality is not a choice, but acting in a homosexual manner "IS" a choice. A true homosexual is homosexual, regardless of actions You can run but you cannot hide. :laugh2:

5stringJeff
06-05-2007, 05:12 PM
And then let the years of therapy begin, after dealing with backwards organizations like that.

LOL, send the kid to Jesus Camp!

He'll just need the therapy to help him realize that homosexuality is both unnatural and immoral.

diuretic
06-05-2007, 06:09 PM

:laugh2:

Is anyone's sexuality the result of a choice?

gabosaurus
06-05-2007, 06:16 PM
I love the people who say they would attempt to "brainwash" their kids back to what they believe is "normal." How many of you stating this bullshit ACTUALLY HAVE kids? Go ahead, admit it. How many of you have kids?

What if your kids have a birth defect? Or develop MS or epilepsy? Would you castigate them for making a bad choice? What if they decide they are really a female in a male's body? (or the reverse). If they began to stutter, or had severe hearing loss, would you slap the crap out of them for no speaking right, or not listening to you?

I find it difficult to take some of your ignorant and misinformed Bible-thumping rantings and ravings when a lot of you probably don't have kids to deal with.

Doniston
06-05-2007, 06:40 PM
When somebody asks this:

"What would you do if your kid 'turned' gay?"

And you answer "I'd support them in their chosen way of life" - it does NOT take a rocket scientist to understand what you wrote. Problem is, YOU don't understand what you wrote and are now trying to back-out of it, or twist how we define 'chosen' because you can't admit you're wrong. Howniceforyouomgwtf!!!!!11ONEJUAN!!! But you see, that's NOT what was asked.

Now I know you can't read. Go ahead and twist Your own words arround but don't try it with mine.
But how about that, first you change my answer, and that didn't work so now you are changing the question. Keep it up, sooner or later you will come up with an approximately correct answer.

It has been said that given enought time, even a chimp can type out the gettyburg address letter perfect. --- Well, at least you have a start in that direction.

Kathianne
06-05-2007, 06:42 PM

What would you do?

I'd love them. While I wouldn't approve, I'd still love them, they are my children. Luckily, I'm passed that. They're all sure of their gender identification.

Doniston
06-05-2007, 06:47 PM
You can run but you cannot hide. :laugh2: But you see, I'm not running, or hiding. Neither of you have refuted anything I have said, just revised it to what you think I "MEANT". and that just don't cut it.

Go back to the beginning, reread exactly what was asked, and what I replied, and go from there.

Doniston
06-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Is anyone's sexuality the result of a choice? No, of course not, but their actions are.

diuretic
06-05-2007, 07:18 PM
No, of course not, but their actions are.

Is it wrong to act on one's inclinations? Humans are sexual animals, why shouldn't any of us act on our sexual inclinations? After all, the sexual acts - and I don't want to get graphic because it's not necessary - are the same.

Doniston
06-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Is it wrong to act on one's inclinations? Humans are sexual animals, why shouldn't any of us act on our sexual inclinations? After all, the sexual acts - and I don't want to get graphic because it's not necessary - are the same. You are preaching to the Choir here, I agree.

Gunny
06-05-2007, 10:41 PM
I love the people who say they would attempt to "brainwash" their kids back to what they believe is "normal." How many of you stating this bullshit ACTUALLY HAVE kids? Go ahead, admit it. How many of you have kids?

What if your kids have a birth defect? Or develop MS or epilepsy? Would you castigate them for making a bad choice? What if they decide they are really a female in a male's body? (or the reverse). If they began to stutter, or had severe hearing loss, would you slap the crap out of them for no speaking right, or not listening to you?

I find it difficult to take some of your ignorant and misinformed Bible-thumping rantings and ravings when a lot of you probably don't have kids to deal with.

And just how many teenage kids do YOU have, Gabby?

diuretic
06-05-2007, 10:48 PM
You are preaching to the Choir here, I agree.

Oh. Well that stopped me in my tracks :laugh2:

glockmail
06-06-2007, 06:03 AM
Is anyone's sexuality the result of a choice? Yes. You can choose to be normal or not.

glockmail
06-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Is it wrong to act on one's inclinations? Humans are sexual animals, why shouldn't any of us act on our sexual inclinations? After all, the sexual acts - and I don't want to get graphic because it's not necessary - are the same.
Missionary is the same as anal penetration?

glockmail
06-06-2007, 06:08 AM
But you see, I'm not running, or hiding. Neither of you have refuted anything I have said, just revised it to what you think I "MEANT". and that just don't cut it.

Go back to the beginning, reread exactly what was asked, and what I replied, and go from there.

Face it, Donny boy. You inadvertently strode into the path of reality, temporarily forgetting the liberal nonsense that you have been told that you must believe. It was a Freudian slip and is telling of your true mindset. That means that although you don't want to admit it you and I have similar beliefs about this subject: queers are abnormal, immoral, and they choose their lifestyle. :laugh2:

Gunny
06-06-2007, 06:33 AM

If we just acted on and indulged our inclinations there would be nothing but chaos. There are rules to everything. In this case, nature sets the rules. At EVERY level of nature, from biology to societal norms ... homosexuality is unnatural behavior.

Doniston
06-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Yes. You can choose to be normal or not.

ROTFLMBO: Nonsense.

darin
06-06-2007, 11:18 AM
But you see, that's NOT what was asked.

Now I know you can't read. Go ahead and twist Your own words arround but don't try it with mine.
But how about that, first you change my answer, and that didn't work so now you are changing the question. Keep it up, sooner or later you will come up with an approximately correct answer.

It has been said that given enought time, even a chimp can type out the gettyburg address letter perfect. --- Well, at least you have a start in that direction.

That's EXACTLY what was asked:

"They come to you and tell you that they are gay/lesbian"

YOUR answer:

""I'd support them in their chosen way of life"

YOU are stating the kid has CHOSEN a way of life, yet you insist they didn't CHOOSE to be Gay.

Here's the rub to the question, though - Teaching your kids to have a relationship with God/Jesus there'll be no chance of my kid succumbing to the BAD Advice to get involved in homosexuality.

Doniston
06-06-2007, 11:23 AM
If we just acted on and indulged our inclinations there would be nothing but chaos. There are rules to everything. In this case, nature sets the rules. At EVERY level of nature, from biology to societal norms ... homosexuality is unnatural behavior. OP-vs-OP

darin
06-06-2007, 11:27 AM
OP-vs-OP

Except your "OP" isn't based on evidence, science, or reason. :(

Doniston
06-06-2007, 12:02 PM
That's EXACTLY what was asked: [ First of all, Now: the original question was:
(quote)

YOUR answer:

""I'd support them in their chosen way of life" Absolutely correct but then you changed the question to:

(quote)"What would you do if your kid 'turned' gay?"(unquote)

which I didn't answer and to which I said you changed the question. Now you say the original was indeed the question.
MAKE UP YOUR MIND, they are different questions and require different answers.
------------------------------

Now back to your post:

YOU are stating the kid has CHOSEN a way of life, yet you insist they didn't CHOOSE to be Gay.

YUP

Here's the rub to the question, though - Teaching your kids to have a relationship with God/Jesus there'll be no chance of my kid succumbing to the BAD Advice to get involved in homosexuality. As stated, it doesn't make sense as you apparently left out a part of your thought. but to make it easier for you, I will respond to what I think you meant.

1. I would never do that, as I simply don;'t beleive in your type of God. My type of god, yes.

2. What you do with yours is your right, but to suggest that they would otherwise succumb to bad advice to get involved in homosexuality is plain utter nonsense. Of course that can happen to kids out for some sort of kick, but that is not what true homosexuality is about. it is ingrained into their being.

I know you don't beleive that because you think being homosexual is a choice. I do not. It is a part of their being.

Now if you two would stop claiming I said something I didn't say, or answered something I didn't asswered, or am somehow disloyal to the liberal cause. there are other points regarding the original question which could be made. Your strawmen just don't cut it. but since you are losing, I can see why you would resort to scarecrows.

darin
06-06-2007, 12:23 PM
First of all, Now: the original question was:
(quote)

YOUR answer:

""I'd support them in their chosen way of life" Absolutely correct but then you changed the question to:

(quote)"What would you do if your kid 'turned' gay?"(unquote)

which I didn't answer and to which I said you changed the question. Now you say the original was indeed the question.
MAKE UP YOUR MIND, they are different questions and require different answers.
------------------------------

WHAT THE HELL are you talking about? LMAO :)

Look - as if to my 5 year old son:

The question asked by the OP was this:

"What would you do if your kid said they are gay?"

DONISTON'S REPLY WAS THIS:

"I'd support them in their chosen way of life"

Then later you get pissed because you claimed to never say their homosexuality was a choice. But it's a contradiction to your statement supporting their 'chosen way of life'. See that? I mean, dude, you are the ONLY PERSON who can't see how you contradict yourself. Trust us. We all know what you wrote.

Your strawmen just don't cut it. but since you are losing, I can see why you would resort to scarecrows.

We have no strawman - unless you call 'Holding Doniston Accountable for what he writes" a 'strawman' You'd really have saved face if you'd done the 'man' thing and own up to it.

"I know I wrote that - but I need to change it a bit. Good catch. This is how I really feel...."

But you won't. You simply insist you didn't write what we all have seen you clearly have written.

Doniston
06-06-2007, 01:44 PM
WHAT THE HELL are you talking about? LMAO :)

Look - as if to my 5 year old son:

The question asked by the OP was this:

"What would you do if your kid said they are gay?"

DONISTON'S REPLY WAS THIS:

Then later you get pissed because you claimed to never say their homosexuality was a choice. But it's a contradiction to your statement supporting their 'chosen way of life'. See that? I mean, dude, you are the ONLY PERSON who can't see how you contradict yourself. Trust us. We all know what you wrote.

We have no strawman - unless you call 'Holding Doniston Accountable for what he writes" a 'strawman' You'd really have saved face if you'd done the 'man' thing and own up to it.

"I know I wrote that - but I need to change it a bit. Good catch. This is how I really feel...."

But you won't. You simply insist you didn't write what we all have seen you clearly have written.
Your post is utter BS. I would say an utter lie, except that you seem to beleive it. and a lie is only such if it is intended to be misleading.

Do you deny you made both the statements I quoted. and asked you to make up your mind?

Further:, I am copying the following because it appears to be something "YOU" should do, rather than I

(quote) "I know I wrote that - but I need to change it a bit. Good catch. This is how I really feel...."

As for me, I would not change one single word, and stand by what I said. The problem appears to be that you have decided that sexual orientation is the same as choice of action IT IS NOT.

and you are beginning to sound like a broken record.

darin
06-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Your post is utter BS. I would say an utter lie, except that you seem to beleive it. and a lie is only such if it is intended to be misleading.

You tell me - is this a lie?

What would you do?

...I would support them and their chosen way of life.

I agree, but then I didn't say sexual orientation I said Chosen "way of life."

Are you insane? I can make allowances for insane people. That'd be fine. It'd at least explain some things.

Do you deny you made both the statements I quoted. and asked you to make up your mind?

What statements? Specify.

As for me, I would not change one single word, and stand by what I said. The problem appears to be that you have decided that sexual orientation is the same as choice of action IT IS NOT.

and you are beginning to sound like a broken record.

No - the problem is you don't have the sack to admit you made a mistake. You're holding on to the end. I believe you don't believe homosexuality is a 'choice', yet in your 1st reply you clearly stated it was the hypothetical kid's "Chosen way of life".

glockmail
06-06-2007, 02:18 PM
ROTFLMBO: Nonsense.
Yet you offer no compelling argument.

Doniston
06-06-2007, 03:17 PM
You are so screwed up it is hard to keep track of you alleged points. The statements I clearly specified earlier. I will not repeat them again. look them up.

[quote]
No - the problem is you don't have the sack to admit you made a mistake. You're holding on to the end. I believe you don't believe homosexuality is a 'choice', yet in your 1st reply you clearly stated it was the hypothetical kid's "Chosen way of life". You can beleive thatever the hell you want to beleive, and spin my statement however you wish that doesn't make you right.

I don't care what the hell you make of it or however you want to twist it or what you want to beleiver, but I am being completely honest when once more I will say

HOMOSEXUALITY is a SEXUAL Orientation, NOT a Chosen way of life. They can be homosexual in actions, or not, that is their choice. but being actuallyHomosexual may not be a choice whether they act it or not.

I understand that since you can't beleive that Being homo may not be a choice. then you can't understand the difference ---- Your loss.

Doniston
06-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Yet you offer no compelling argument. You simply won't accept that you may be wrong. and I can say that without checking back to find out exactly what you are saying----this time.

As I told your partner, you sound like broken records. and I am not going to continue to repeat myself just so I can answer you both separately

glockmail
06-06-2007, 03:26 PM
You simply won't accept that you may be wrong. and I can say that without checking back to find out exactly what you are saying----this time.

As I told your partner, you sound like broken records.

My partner? Are you ininuating that I am gay? :poke:

And for the broken record, I am rarely wrong, but when so, have admitted it graciously, unlike any of the liberals in this forum.

Doniston
06-06-2007, 03:34 PM
My partner? Are you ininuating that I am gay? :poke:

And for the broken record, I am rarely wrong, but when so, have admitted it graciously, unlike any of the liberals in this forum.See how you jump to conclusions? no. there are many kinds of partners. in this case I was referring to your combined effors to defeat me. You lose, and this time you are wrong, wrong, wrong. If I was wrong, I would admit it.

glockmail
06-06-2007, 03:58 PM
See how you jump to conclusions? no. there are many kinds of partners. in this case I was referring to your combined effors to defeat me. You lose, and this time you are wrong, wrong, wrong. If I was wrong, I would admit it.

Look who is jumping to conclusions:

1. My "gay" comment was factious. Haven't you figgered out my sense of humor yet?
2. I have not “partnered up” to defeat you. I honestly don’t know who you would be referring to. Most of my posts are directed at people I disagree with. The only time I “pile on” is when someone is being a real jerk. That ain’t you, ol' friend.

darin
06-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Below you will find Translations of Doniston's comments into 'real words'.

You are so screwed up it is hard to keep track of you alleged points. The statements I clearly specified earlier. I will not repeat them again. look them up.

Translation: I, Doniston, have NO grounds upon which to stand. Instead of actually replying with thought or logic, I'll stomp my feet.

You can beleive thatever the hell you want to beleive, and spin my statement however you wish that doesn't make you right.

Translation: I, Doniston cannot reconcile my statements. As I refuse to take accountability for what I say, I'll just accuse you of 'spinning' DESPITE the fact you've quoted me WORD FOR F'ING WORD. Yeah...that'll work!

HOMOSEXUALITY is a SEXUAL Orientation, NOT a Chosen way of life. They can be homosexual in actions, or not, that is their choice.

Translation: I, Doniston believe people can be homosexual in actions, or NOT. Yet they cannot CHOOSE sexual orientation. Don't question me that the very use of the word orientation implies a choice, or leaning towards something - NOT a force out of somebody's control. Don't question me to explain what I say.

Doniston
06-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Look who is jumping to conclusions:

1. My "gay" comment was factious. Haven't you figgered out my sense of humor yet?
2. I have not “partnered up” to defeat you. I honestly don’t know who you would be referring to. Most of my posts are directed at people I disagree with. The only time I “pile on” is when someone is being a real jerk. That ain’t you, ol' friend.

1. Yes I know, I was just going along.

2. Can you honestly say you haven't been in cahoots with DMP?? (in a manner of speaking???)

Doniston
06-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Below you will find Translations of Doniston's comments into 'real words'.

Translation: I, Doniston, have NO grounds upon which to stand. Instead of actually replying with thought or logic, I'll stomp my feet.

Translation: I, Doniston cannot reconcile my statements. As I refuse to take accountability for what I say, I'll just accuse you of 'spinning' DESPITE the fact you've quoted me WORD FOR F'ING WORD. Yeah...that'll work!

Translation: I, Doniston believe people can be homosexual in actions, or NOT. Yet they cannot CHOOSE sexual orientation. Don't question me that the very use of the word orientation implies a choice, or leaning towards something - NOT a force out of somebody's control. Don't question me to explain what I say. Where are you from? Orion? your translations sure dodn't come from this world. and I have news, You can onlt translate something you have a smigin of knowlege about. \

I have been kind in suggesting that you simply beleived these thing, thus they were not lies, but you have now crossed the line. and I now beleive you are intentionally lying to your teeth. I didn't say you were spining my words (except when you misquoted)-(which strangely you ignore) you were simply spining your interpetation of what I said to your meaning, and it was a batch of garbage. Now I flat call you a liar. Satisfied?

darin
06-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Where are you from? Orion? your translations sure dodn't come from this world. and I have news, You can onlt translate something you have a smigin of knowlege about. \

I have been kind in suggesting that you simply beleived these thing, thus they were not lies, but you have now crossed the line. and I now beleive you are intentionally lying to your teeth. I didn't say you were spining my words (except when you misquoted)-(which strangely you ignore) you were simply spining your interpetation of what I said to your meaning, and it was a batch of garbage. Now I flat call you a liar. Satisfied?

I NEVER Mis-quoted you.
Spinning what you mean? Dude - try SAYING what you mean; and if you don't stop denying you said it in the first place, Crazyman.

Your spelling is HORRIBLE. Enjoy your day.

glockmail
06-06-2007, 05:08 PM
1. Yes I know, I was just going along.

2. Can you honestly say you haven't been in cahoots with DMP?? (in a manner of speaking???)

1. Sure. :rolleyes:
2. Honestly? Yes. BTW when have I ever not been honest? Are you accusing me of being gay again?

darin
06-06-2007, 05:10 PM
1. Sure. :rolleyes:
2. Honestly? Yes. BTW when have I ever not been honest? Are you accusing me of being gay again?

This is the problem with a number of people on this board: They think when more than one person thinks they are jacked up, those people MUST be plotting against them!

:)

glockmail
06-06-2007, 05:11 PM
This is the problem with a number of people on this board: They think when more than one person thinks they are jacked up, those people MUST be plotting against them!

:)

that's why God made tin foil hats. :laugh2:

5stringJeff
06-06-2007, 05:15 PM

I, unlike you, have kids. A teen and a toddler, to be more specific.

diuretic
06-06-2007, 06:38 PM
If we just acted on and indulged our inclinations there would be nothing but chaos. There are rules to everything. In this case, nature sets the rules. At EVERY level of nature, from biology to societal norms ... homosexuality is unnatural behavior.

Homosexuality isn't "unnatural" behaviour. It's a proclivity, just like heterosexuality. The only difference is that in many cultures, historical and contemporary, homosexuality has been considered be be deviant. It's socially, not biologically disapproved. If you want to invoke "nature" then you have to accept that among animals - including humans - there's a range of sexual behaviour. Various sexual behaviours are socially defined by humans for cultural reasons, nature really has nothing to do with it. Societies will approved, disapprove or ignore or tolerate sexual behaviours based on cultural grounds.

Doniston
06-06-2007, 08:32 PM
I NEVER Mis-quoted you.
Spinning what you mean? Dude - try SAYING what you mean; and if you don't stop denying you said it in the first place, Crazyman.

Your spelling is HORRIBLE. Enjoy your day. So if it is horrible, perhaps I'll make it worse just for you. I have denied nothing that I said.I said precisely what I meant. It is just that you have decided it means something else.

in my estimation you have become a bonified liar. because I am sure you know just how far wrong you are.

Doniston
06-06-2007, 08:40 PM

:) Now that's an interesting comment

Do you perhaps mean that if someone thinks more than one person is jacking them up, they must be plotting against them? That would make MUCH more sense to me.

glockmail
06-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Homosexuality ... [is]... not biologically disapproved. .... . AIDS?

darin
06-06-2007, 09:21 PM
So if it is horrible, perhaps I'll make it worse just for you. I have denied nothing that I said.I said precisely what I meant. It is just that you have decided it means something else.

in my estimation you have become a bonified liar. because I am sure you know just how far wrong you are.

Except you spelled bona fide wrong AND it's amazing you can't see the you (the liar and crazy person) calling ME (who simply called on what YOU said, quoting your EXACT words) a liar.

There MAY be pills for what ails ya...go see a doctor.

diuretic
06-06-2007, 09:38 PM
AIDS?

What about it?

Sitarro
06-07-2007, 01:29 AM
What about it?

So AIDS didn't start out in the homosexual community in your country or are you just trying to be cute? I am old enough to remember a time that you could have hundreds of one-nighters and herpes was the absolute worst thing that could happen to you health wise. All of a sudden homosexuals and needle sharing friends started dropping like flies. Even though none in the heterosexual land was getting sick we became very scared of the possibility because we all knew some asshole that although married, had a boy on the side and would pass his diseases on to his wife who then found out about what he was doing and would look for payback by picking up guys to have an affair with. All of a sudden it became a problem in the heterosexual community as well. Many would say that because the disease wasn't getting enough attention from our President, nut case advocates in the homosexual community purposely helped spread it into the heterosexual population.....gee, that somehow doesn't seem that far of a stretch. I personally knew a number of homosexuals that spoke of just such a plan, they are no longer alive today.
I've known homosexuals for many years, it is only in the last 20 or so years that the big push was to say they were born that way, it was always said to be a choice before. I have been approached many times over the years, even by friends who knew I was heterosexual..... their line was always "how do you know if you haven't tried it". In other words, they didn't even believe they were born that way themselves, they always felt it was a choice.

You are smarter than you are pretending to be diuretic, nobody is fooled.

diuretic
06-07-2007, 03:14 AM
I appreciate the character reference Sitarro but I merely asked a question of Glockmail. But I appreciate your response.

I remember the first media reports here of something called Karposi's Sarcoma that was reported in the gay community in the US, that would have been 1984. I remember it because a few months later I was in San Francisco and remember riding a bus that had tear-off tickets mentioning AIDS.

Since then I've read that AIDS/HIV was brought to North America by a gay airline steward from Montreal who, it was reported, had a sexual contact in Africa and apparently became infected and unknowingly spread the disease through further sexual contact. I don't know if that's right or it's an urban myth. I do know, like just about everyone else, how it's transmitted. I do know it doesn't matter what the sexual preference of a victim is.

If you look back at Glockmail's point to me, I think it's fair to read it as an assertion that somehow AIDS/HIV is a form of biological "disapproval" of homosexuality. That's why I asked the question I did. I just don't see it that way. Since the virus can be transmitted from animal to human (apparently) in a cross-species manner (I read it was due to human consumption of chimpanzees, again I don't know if that's true) and it can be transmitted from human to human by exchange of bodily fluids (which as we know can be achieved by various practices - using a dirty hypo needle, unprotected anal or vaginal sex, possibly even by unprotected oral sex) that it makes it a disease for anyone, not just gay men. That being so then I query if it can be called a biological "disapproval" of homosexuals.

Rahul
06-07-2007, 03:25 AM

What would you do?

Nothing.

Gay, lesbian, bisexual, homosexual - it's all the kids' personal choice, and not my place to comment upon it. Further, it's a highly unimportant matter anyway - so long as the person is happy with their choice, I have no issues with it.

Sitarro
06-07-2007, 05:03 AM
I appreciate the character reference Sitarro but I merely asked a question of Glockmail. But I appreciate your response.

I remember the first media reports here of something called Karposi's Sarcoma that was reported in the gay community in the US, that would have been 1984. I remember it because a few months later I was in San Francisco and remember riding a bus that had tear-off tickets mentioning AIDS.

Since then I've read that AIDS/HIV was brought to North America by a gay airline steward from Montreal who, it was reported, had a sexual contact in Africa and apparently became infected and unknowingly spread the disease through further sexual contact. I don't know if that's right or it's an urban myth. I do know, like just about everyone else, how it's transmitted. I do know it doesn't matter what the sexual preference of a victim is.

If you look back at Glockmail's point to me, I think it's fair to read it as an assertion that somehow AIDS/HIV is a form of biological "disapproval" of homosexuality. That's why I asked the question I did. I just don't see it that way. Since the virus can be transmitted from animal to human (apparently) in a cross-species manner (I read it was due to human consumption of chimpanzees, again I don't know if that's true) and it can be transmitted from human to human by exchange of bodily fluids (which as we know can be achieved by various practices - using a dirty hypo needle, unprotected anal or vaginal sex, possibly even by unprotected oral sex) that it makes it a disease for anyone, not just gay men. That being so then I query if it can be called a biological "disapproval" of homosexuals.

Thanks for the explanation diuretic. I agree with everything you wrote but there does tend to be a big difference in Heterosexual sex and homosexual sex. Being that hetero-sex is specifically designed for the penetration of the vagina by a penis for injecting seed into the uterus for the fertilization of the female's egg, in most cases there is very little physical damage if any to either partner..... it's the natural way, the perfect use of those parts. The homosexual act, being totally against natural design, tends to be destructive to the anal walls that are being unnaturally forced to allow an object in rather than holding waste in.....often tearing occurs. This unnatural act makes both that are participating in it vulnerable to transmission of HIV, some might say it is perfect for doing so. This explains why the homosexual community was so vulnerable and remains that way.

It also explains why it is considered by most an unnatural act.

glockmail
06-07-2007, 06:10 AM
What about it? Example of how biology disproves of homosexuality.

Like the plaugues of early Europe, where biology disproved of people disposing of untreated sewage on streets and in water supplies, biology disapproves of homosexuality through the creation and spread of AIDS.

That's why its called Anal Intercourse Disease Syndrome. :laugh2:

Lightning Waltz
06-07-2007, 10:56 AM
So much fear. So much hate.

So sad...

darin
06-07-2007, 11:02 AM

So sad...

Sickening, isnt it? How people Fear "truth" and "hate" Facts. :(

Lightning Waltz
06-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Example of how biology disproves of homosexuality.

Like the plaugues of early Europe, where biology disproved of people disposing of untreated sewage on streets and in water supplies, biology disapproves of homosexuality through the creation and spread of AIDS.

You must mean facts like the ones above...:rolleyes:

Doniston
06-07-2007, 11:22 AM

That's why its called Anal Intercourse Disease Syndrome. :laugh2: anal intercourse is not practiced solely by homosexuals. Hetro couples do it too. Tho in either case, "I" think it is disgusting.

Doniston
06-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Sickening, isnt it? How people Fear "truth" and "hate" Facts. :( But you do anyhow, don't you???

darin
06-07-2007, 11:25 AM
But you do anyhow, don't you???

So let's see. You believe in the fairy tale of "Homos are simply BORN to be homos; they can NEVER change, nor should they. Homos are Victims of their desires." And I believe in TRUTH which holds nobody is victim of their wants, there is no 'gay' gene.

You love lies because lies tickle your ears.

Rahul
06-07-2007, 12:55 PM

So sad...

I agree. I see a few posters here displaying an irrational paranoia about homosexuality, and it never fails to amaze me how some don't try and delve deeper into their own fears/insecurities before starting to denounce other sexual preferences (IMO, a LOT of people who are vehemently against homosexuality have issues;)).

Note: This doesn't go for ALL posters who disagreed with my opinion or other similar opinions - just a few. ;)

Doniston
06-07-2007, 01:52 PM
So let's see. You believe in the fairy tale of "Homos are simply BORN to be homos; they can NEVER change, nor should they. Homos are Victims of their desires." And I believe in TRUTH which holds nobody is victim of their wants, there is no 'gay' gene.

You love lies because lies tickle your ears. Simply nonsense. no reasonable response so you post garbage.

darin
06-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Simply nonsense. no reasonable response so you post garbage.

So - you can't BACK UP your claims about brain differences, so you'll just use the logical fallacy of appeal to ridicule?

Doniston
06-07-2007, 01:55 PM
[
cancelled

Doniston
06-07-2007, 01:59 PM
So - you can't BACK UP your claims about brain differences, so you'll just use the logical fallacy of appeal to ridicule?

If you actually knew what that was.

darin
06-07-2007, 02:01 PM
If you actually knew what that was.

If I knew what what was? Are you senile??????

Lightning Waltz
06-07-2007, 02:02 PM

This may be what he's talking about:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/viewpoint/vp_strauss/20050518.html

darin
06-07-2007, 02:07 PM

There doesn't seem to be a cause-and-effect there. Were the homos responding differently because of their chosen behavior?

Sitarro
06-07-2007, 04:11 PM
anal intercourse is not practiced solely by homosexuals. Hetro couples do it too. Tho in either case, "I" think it is disgusting.

Yea, I hear it's done a lot in prison..... still results in tearing of the anal walls that makes the person not only more susceptible to infection it makes them more prone to infect others.

Doesn't ad a lot of credibility to the whole gay thing does it.

Sitarro
06-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Gee, I wonder what amount of taxpayer money went into this important "scientific" research.

Doniston
06-07-2007, 04:52 PM
If I knew what what was? Are you senile?????? read your own statement which I commented upon Can't you keep up???

Doniston
06-07-2007, 04:57 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/viewpoint/vp_strauss/20050518.html Nope, I was referring to his comment;
(quote)so you'll just use the logical fallacy of appeal to ridicule? (Unquote)

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 04:59 PM
and then:

:clap:

Doniston
06-07-2007, 05:01 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/viewpoint/vp_strauss/20050518.html Nope, I was talking about his own comment:

(quote)so you'll just use the logical fallacy of appeal to ridicule? (unquote)

glockmail
06-07-2007, 05:12 PM
I agree. I see a few posters here displaying an irrational paranoia about homosexuality, and it never fails to amaze me how some don't try and delve deeper into their own fears/insecurities before starting to denounce other sexual preferences (IMO, a LOT of people who are vehemently against homosexuality have issues;)).

Note: This doesn't go for ALL posters who disagreed with my opinion or other similar opinions - just a few. ;)

The old "you have issues because you don't buy the lies about queers" argument. :slap:

glockmail
06-07-2007, 05:13 PM
anal intercourse is not practiced solely by homosexuals. Hetro couples do it too. Tho in either case, "I" think it is disgusting. In either case biology disapproves of it.

glockmail
06-07-2007, 05:14 PM
You must mean facts like the ones above...:rolleyes: Do all queer enablers lack a sense of humor? Or just you?

Doniston
06-07-2007, 06:26 PM
In either case biology disapproves of it. i don't know about biology and I would question that, But "I" sure do. and something along the same lines.

I have never in my life given anyone the finger. tho I have received it a few times (surprisingly few) Now my point. I wonder how many people actually realize that it means.

Why anyone would want to shove their finger up my ass, or anyone"s ass, is beyond me. (and that is what it means) I have muck better use for my fingers. thus you will never see me using this smiley except in explaination here and now.:fu: and FU Is NOT what it originally meant, it meant "Up your ass."

diuretic
06-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the explanation diuretic. I agree with everything you wrote but there does tend to be a big difference in Heterosexual sex and homosexual sex. Being that hetero-sex is specifically designed for the penetration of the vagina by a penis for injecting seed into the uterus for the fertilization of the female's egg, in most cases there is very little physical damage if any to either partner..... it's the natural way, the perfect use of those parts. The homosexual act, being totally against natural design, tends to be destructive to the anal walls that are being unnaturally forced to allow an object in rather than holding waste in.....often tearing occurs. This unnatural act makes both that are participating in it vulnerable to transmission of HIV, some might say it is perfect for doing so. This explains why the homosexual community was so vulnerable and remains that way.

It also explains why it is considered by most an unnatural act.

All points taken. Yes, vaginal intercourse is a natural act, the physiology would indicate that it's purposeful and natural, no disagreement at all. Anal intercourse is not natural, agreed. However it's practised by heterosexuals and homosexuals alike. It's not a good idea because of disease transmission (not just HIV of course) for the reasons you point out. And yes, it's perceived as unnatural by many - probably also by some who practise it. But given its propensity in homosexual sex, yes, it certainly does explain the high rates of various sexual diseases in the homosexual community. Especially given the irresponsible gays who've made a fetish out of unsafe sex. The idiots.

diuretic
06-07-2007, 07:54 PM

Biology has a moral base? :)

diuretic
06-07-2007, 07:57 PM
i don't know about biology and I would question that, But "I" sure do. and something along the same lines.

I have never in my life given anyone the finger. tho I have received it a few times (surprisingly few) Now my point. I wonder how many people actually realize that it means.

Why anyone would want to shove their finger up my ass, or anyone"s ass, is beyond me. (and that is what it means) I have muck better use for my fingers. thus you will never see me using this smiley except in explaination here and now.:fu: and FU Is NOT what it originally meant, it meant "Up your ass."

Handed down (ahem) from the Romans.

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a980904.html

Doniston
06-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Handed down (ahem) from the Romans.

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a980904.html Now I thought it was the Greeks-- HEH HEH

diuretic
06-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Now I thought it was the Greeks-- HEH HEH

They were far too refined :) - leave it to those wuffians from Wome (ref Life of Brian)

5stringJeff
06-07-2007, 08:12 PM
They were far too refined :) - leave it to those wuffians from Wome (ref Life of Brian)

Wewease Wodewick!!!

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/4/4c/Biggus.jpg

Rahul
06-07-2007, 09:07 PM
The old "you have issues because you don't buy the lies about queers" argument. :slap:

It may be old, but it rings quite true.

;)

Gunny
06-07-2007, 09:27 PM

;)

Bullshit.

Rahul
06-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Bullshit.

Can you disprove my statement, or just make silly remarks?

glockmail
06-08-2007, 07:17 AM
i don't know about biology and I would question that, But "I" sure do. and something along the same lines.

Dude- queers shove more that that up each others asses.

glockmail
06-08-2007, 07:17 AM
Biology has a moral base? :) Yes.

glockmail
06-08-2007, 07:18 AM

;) You should have no trouble proving that then. Or lose credibility.

Rahul
06-08-2007, 12:44 PM
You should have no trouble proving that then. Or lose credibility.

The proof is in the pudding. The only reason someone would make such a fuss about someone else's sexual preferences (which doesn't affect them, by the way) is that they are paranoid about that preference for some reason and want to thus oppose it ..

Doniston
06-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Dude- queers shove more that that up each others asses. I fully agree. no arguement there. but we were talking anout Hand gestures not sexual intercourse

nevadamedic
06-08-2007, 05:31 PM
People's sexual prefrences are their own, who cares and why fight over it? If someones gay does it really bother you that much? Why?

diuretic
06-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Wewease Wodewick!!!

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/4/4c/Biggus.jpg

:clap::laugh2:

diuretic
06-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Yes.

No surprise that I disagree. I think humans put a moral dimension on things, which is fair enough, it's one of the factors that separates us from other animals, but I don't think biology has a moral base to it. As Tennyson put it, "nature red in tooth and claw", hardly a picture of morality there.

diuretic
06-08-2007, 07:38 PM
The proof is in the pudding. The only reason someone would make such a fuss about someone else's sexual preferences (which doesn't affect them, by the way) is that they are paranoid about that preference for some reason and want to thus oppose it ..

I have to say I've always found that assertion to be something of an ad hom. Yes, some men may have a hyper-fear of homosexuals and homosexuality because of their own repressed homosexuality but it doesn't follow that because someone doesn't like homosexuals - or probably more to the point, the sexual practices of homosexuals - that they are a repressed homosexual. Nor does it make them a bigot. It just means they are repelled by what homosexuals do with each other.

I would think there are some homosexuals who are appalled by the sexual practices of heterosexuals but I've never seen anyone argue that because they're appalled by what heterosexuals do with each other that they're repressed heterosexuals.

Rahul
06-09-2007, 01:14 AM
I have to say I've always found that assertion to be something of an ad hom. Yes, some men may have a hyper-fear of homosexuals and homosexuality because of their own repressed homosexuality but it doesn't follow that because someone doesn't like homosexuals - or probably more to the point, the sexual practices of homosexuals - that they are a repressed homosexual. Nor does it make them a bigot. It just means they are repelled by what homosexuals do with each other.

I would think there are some homosexuals who are appalled by the sexual practices of heterosexuals but I've never seen anyone argue that because they're appalled by what heterosexuals do with each other that they're repressed heterosexuals.

It isn't just about not "liking homosexuals". It's about vehemently hating homosexuals which is what is being done on this thread.

Its one thing not to like ketchup and fries, for instance. Perfectly fine. However, if someone goes on a crusade to ban ketchup and fries for no other apparent reason that it "greatly disturbs him", or "he hates ketchup and fries", then I'd have to say there's more going on than meets the eye.

So, my comment was aimed at those who are vehemently against homosexuality, want to ban it, etc etc. If you have any idea as to why they feel that way instead of just living and let live, so to speak, I'll be glad to hear you out, but till then, it does seem theres more going on than meets the eye. ;)

:beer:

Rahul

diuretic
06-09-2007, 01:46 AM
I have to admit to not knowing a lot about the history of homosexuality in western cultures. I believe there are whole departments in some universities which study this though. No doubt there's a lot of information to be gained from such studies. It seems to me though that in the west we've waxed and waned on the issue of homosexuality. I mean in Australia homosexual acts between adults were criminalised for many years. People actually were arrested, tried and imprisoned for consensual homosexual acts between adults. The last state to legalise adult homosexual acts was Tasmania a few short years ago.

Someone's intense dislike for homosexuals/homosexuality might stem from a range of reasons. One of them might be their religious beliefs. And yes, one might be repressed homosexuality which expresses itself in a seething hatred of all things gay. My point was that there are many reasons. See above - what was it that drove legislatures to create laws to imprison homosexual men who committed certain consensual acts? Was each legislator a repressed homosexual? I think not. That was my point, that there are many reasons.

Rahul
06-09-2007, 06:12 AM
I mean in Australia homosexual acts between adults were criminalised for many years. People actually were arrested, tried and imprisoned for consensual homosexual acts between adults. The last state to legalise adult homosexual acts was Tasmania a few short years ago.

WOW! I thought the Aussies were more open than that ... Just out of curiosity, how long ago is a "few short years ago"?

(I don't mean any disrespect towards Aussies in general by that first comment, just trying to point out the apparent lack of openness regarding homosexuality).

Someone's intense dislike for homosexuals/homosexuality might stem from a range of reasons. One of them might be their religious beliefs.

And if someone's religion makes them hate homosexuals that much, they could probably be described as religious fanatics ...

And yes, one might be repressed homosexuality which expresses itself in a seething hatred of all things gay. My point was that there are many reasons. See above - what was it that drove legislatures to create laws to imprison homosexual men who committed certain consensual acts? Was each legislator a repressed homosexual? I think not. That was my point, that there are many reasons.

OK. I agree with you - the repressed homosexuality (or related stuff) is just ONE possible reason.

diuretic
06-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Tasmania repealed its "sodomy" laws in 1997. My state repealed those laws in 1975, it was the first place in Australia to do so.

We are still a very conservative country though, despite the common image. My state is now very conservative but for many years it was quite progressive. For example we were the second place in the world to give women the vote (after New Zealand) and the first to put a female into parliament. We're definitely not as progressive as we used to be though.

glockmail
06-11-2007, 10:30 AM
The proof is in the pudding. The only reason someone would make such a fuss about someone else's sexual preferences (which doesn't affect them, by the way) is that they are paranoid about that preference for some reason and want to thus oppose it .. A more plausible explantion is that I hate being lied to.:slap:

Hagbard Celine
06-11-2007, 12:48 PM
I'd cut them off monetarily, cancel their cell phone, change the locks on the house, build a fence around the house, act like I didn't know them and throw holy water on them when they tried to approach me on the street hisssssss :pee:

glockmail
06-11-2007, 01:01 PM
I'd cut them off monetarily, cancel their cell phone, change the locks on the house, build a fence around the house, act like I didn't know them and throw holy water on them when they tried to approach me on the street hisssssss :pee: Watch out. Someone here may attack you as having "issues". :poke:

remie
06-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Contrary to your opinion, I am liberal , not stupid. IMHO sometimes homosexuality is not a choice, but acting in a homosexual manner "IS" a choice. A true homosexual is homosexual, regardless of actions

Depends on what the definition of is is.