PDA

View Full Version : The inconstant purchasing power of U.S. dollars.

Supposn
06-02-2013, 02:27 PM
The inconstant purchasing power of U.S. dollars.</SPAN>

The purchasing power of the dollar is not a constant.</SPAN>
The problem this causes was obvious with respect to social security retirement which spans a duration of people’s entire working years. </SPAN>

The solution (which no one claims is perfect; but in the opinion of many has been and will continue if left in place), to be very satisfactory improvement of what it replaced. For many years social security social security retirement benefits have been annually adjusted by using the U .S. cost-price urban index. (CP-U). </SPAN>

Now the president is willing to agree (as a political bargaining chip) to modify our current formulas for utilizing a CP index. There is general concurrence over the entire political spectrum that the proposed modification of the method would be less responsive to the U.S. dollar’s inflation and thus would over the long term reduce the benefits of social security recipients.</SPAN>

Populists are opposed to such a change but we certainly want an annually adjusted federal minimum wage. </SPAN>

Over years ‘durations, changing values of the U.S. dollar often dilute and undermine. if not completely distorting the purposes of laws and regulations within which numbers of dollars are finitely expressed.</SPAN>
The president should bargain for a greater than $9 FMW OR a $9 FMW and all federal laws and regulations should henceforth be expressed as indexed U.S. dollars.</SPAN>

If the U.S. Congress doesn’t pass it, that should be among the Democrats major issues in 2014 and 2016 federal elections.</SPAN>

Respectfully, Supposn</SPAN>

fj1200
06-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Populists are opposed? Doyou speak for all of them now?

Supposn
06-03-2013, 01:58 AM
FJ1200, you’re nit picking.

Can you find a populist that’s supports reduction of social security’s current cost of living benefits?</SPAN>
How would you identify a populist?</SPAN>

The issue is federal laws and regulations expressing numbers of U.S. dollars without regard to the inconsistent purchasing power of the dollars over durations of years.</SPAN>

Respectfully, Supposn</SPAN>

fj1200
06-03-2013, 07:04 AM
FJ1200, you’re nit picking.

Can you find a populist that’s supports reduction of social security’s current cost of living benefits?
How would you identify a populist?

The issue is federal laws and regulations expressing numbers of U.S. dollars without regard to the inconsistent purchasing power of the dollars over durations of years.

Respectfully, Supposn

Not nitpicking, just stating the obvious. I've already defined my view of populism previously but the problem with your proposals, here and elsewhere, is mere rearrangement of deck chairs while the Titanic is sinking. Nevertheless I'm not quite sure the point of this thread, is it inflation adjustment of SS or is it the FMV? If the former you didn't post much, if it's the latter then we already have a thread on that.

I look forward to future restatements of previously unproven posits. :)