PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Brotherhood cleric calls for Sunni jihad in Syria

jimnyc
06-02-2013, 03:56 PM
I thought recently the discussion centered on 'jihad' and we were told it meant "struggle", not to kill or go to war. Obviously all of Syria is struggling right now, so what exactly is the Sunni Muslim Brotherhood cleric calling for? I know it's the "Shias" I was told weren't real Muslims, so since this one is Sunni, I assume he's an OK Muslim. Seems more like a piece of dog shit trying to instigate trouble between sects than any kind of "leader". And idiots like this being elected to speak for ANYONE, and further not being removed ASAP, shows that people DO listen to these idiots AND hold them on pedestals.

Muslim Brotherhood cleric calls for Sunni jihad in Syria The spiritual mentor of the worldwide Muslim Brotherhood movement has risked further inflaming sectarian tension across the Middle East by using highly charged religious rhetoric to call for a Sunni "jihad" in Syria.Yusef al-Qaradawi, who is based in Qatar and has been a leading voice supporting the Arab Spring, warned that Iranian Shia were trying to "eat" Sunni Muslims, who are a majority in the Muslim world.

He referred to Alawites, the followers of the Muslim sect to which President Bashar al-Assad of Syria belongs, as being "worse infidels than Christians or Jews". He also used the deliberately contemptuous term "Nusayris" when talking about them.

He was particularly critical of the roles played by Iran, which is largely Shia, and the Lebanon Shia militia Hizbollah whose name translates as Party of God but which he called "Party of Satan", in supporting the Assad regime.

"There is no common ground between the two sides because the Iranians, especially conservatives, want to eat the Sunni people," he said.

The Syrian opposition is dominated, like Syria itself, by Sunni Muslims, but also includes a number of Christians, Alawites and other minorities.

However, Alawite militias loyal to the Assads have been responsible for sectarian attacks on Sunni villages, while there are also increasing reports of sectarian attacks by militant Sunni jihadists, many of whom regard the Shia and Alawites as heretics.

In recent days, a number of Shia shrines have been attacked and desecrated in rebel-held territory, including the tombs of Ammar ibn Yasir in Raqqa and of Hujr bin Uday al-Kindi near Damascus.

Alawite leaders have openly called for Sunni areas to be "cleansed" - coinciding with attacks by Alawite militias on civilian Sunni towns near Baniyas which killed 300 people.

The Muslim Brotherhood, though a Sunni, Islamist movement that has given birth to a number of jihadist offshoots, has been held up as a "moderating" force within Arab Spring countries with which the West "can do business".

Egypt has a Muslim Brotherhood president, while the coalition government in Tunisia is led by a Brotherhood-linked organisation backed by Dr Qaradawi.

Dr Qaradawi himself, who is Egyptian by birth but has lived in Qatar for many years and is regarded as a key factor in the active role the Qatari royal family has played in backing the Arab Spring uprisings with arms and money, has a controversial record in the West.

However, his latest comments, made in a mosque in Qatar on Friday, go beyond his previous political sermons. He himself acknowledged he had become more radical. "People involved in reconciliation between the sects... said that I used to be the one calling for reconciliation and doctrinal unity. They asked why I don't take up that call again.

"Well, I called for reconciliation but I found it did not bring the sects closer. They benefited from it and we failed to take advantage."

He also apologised for his past words in favour of Hizbollah. "The Shia deceived me," he said. "I was less mature than the Sunni scholars who were aware of the truth of that party."

He said Sunni Muslims around the world should not wait for the West to help the rebel cause against the "Nusayris", the Iranians and "the party of God". "They are the party of Satan, the party of the tyrant," he said. "The party of God does not kill Muslims, and these people draw close to God by killing Muslims."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10094590/Muslim-Brotherhood-cleric-calls-for-Sunni-jihad-in-Syria.html

Marcus Aurelius
06-02-2013, 06:42 PM
He's not 'really' Muslim. Ask Jahil.

jafar00
06-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Overreacting every time the "j" word is mentioned. Figures...

jimnyc
06-02-2013, 08:04 PM

Sure, this guy is trying to further fan the flames of war in Syria and get people more riled up and fighting against HIS enemy, and all that happens is more bloodshed. Maybe HE's perverting the actual meaning, but he IS trying to incite holy war in Syria, and for that, he is a piece of dog shit.

aboutime
06-02-2013, 08:16 PM

jafar. It seems mentioning that "j" word only bothers you. If all of us become the appeasers you would like us to be, and never mention that word. How would that make you, and the Muslim Brotherhood feel?

You sound like the perfect spokesperson for the Obama administration. Denial that the 'j' word, 'terrorist', 'terrorism', and the 'War on Terror' no longer exist. DOES NOT MEAN it doesn't exist...as you would like us to believe.
No coincidence that 'jafar' is also a fitting 'j' word here on this forum, as well.

jafar00
06-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Sure, this guy is trying to further fan the flames of war in Syria and get people more riled up and fighting against HIS enemy, and all that happens is more bloodshed. Maybe HE's perverting the actual meaning, but he IS trying to incite holy war in Syria, and for that, he is a piece of dog shit.

Maybe he is inciting something, but I haven't heard the speech so there is really not much to say about it.

BTW, there is no such concept as "Holy War" in Islam. Ask your friends.

jimnyc
06-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Maybe he is inciting something, but I haven't heard the speech so there is really not much to say about it.

BTW, there is no such concept as "Holy War" in Islam. Ask your friends.

Call it what one will - but he is inciting violence in Syria, and at one point specifically against the Shia from Iran. Do you find it acceptable for a religious figure to push Muslims from another country into fighting against other Muslims, because they disagree?

Funny, the Pope just held silent prayer and such praying for ALL citizens, even those we were at war with and are at war with, the injured and the killed. You know, a religious man looking out in a Godly manner for ALL of God's creations - not just those he thinks agree with his brand of Islam.

Marcus Aurelius
06-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Call it what one will - but he is inciting violence in Syria, and at one point specifically against the Shia from Iran. Do you find it acceptable for a religious figure to push Muslims from another country into fighting against other Muslims, because they disagree?

Funny, the Pope just held silent prayer and such praying for ALL citizens, even those we were at war with and are at war with, the injured and the killed. You know, a religious man looking out in a Godly manner for ALL of God's creations - not just those he thinks agree with his brand of Islam.

I wonder if a fatwa will be issued to kill the Infidel Pope for daring to pray for Muslims. Of course, if it is, it won't 'really' be a Muslim cleric issuing it, now will it, Jahil?

jafar00
06-04-2013, 12:55 AM

Would you fight for his right to say it? :p

Assad and his army are Alawites, not Muslims by the way. There is a difference.

Thanks to the Pope but we got this...

logroller
06-04-2013, 01:43 AM

Thanks to the Pope but we got this...
I would fight for the pope's right to say what he says so long as that speech is not intended to bring about the oppression of other views. In fact, I would fight for someone who had radically different views than myself with the same caveat. Would you?

jimnyc
06-04-2013, 05:35 AM

No, I wouldn't fight for that right. One doesn't have a right to incite violence, riots and such. And I don't care if you admit to it or not, but when radicals call for jihad such as a cleric calling for jihad from sunni's against Shia, they are looking for them to stand up and kill. But since they are Shia, they aren't Muslim either, and I guess ok to kill? Sad.

Marcus Aurelius
06-04-2013, 07:33 AM

lying dumb ass...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alawites

The Alawites, also known as Alawis, Nusayris and Ansaris (ʿAlawīyyah (Arabic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_language): علوية‎), Nuṣayrī (Arabic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_language): نصيريون‎), and al-Anṣāriyyah) are a prominent mystical (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysticism)[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alawites#cite_note-books.google.co.uk-8) religious group centred in Syria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria) who follow a branch of the Twelver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelver) school of Shia Islam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_Islam).[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alawites#cite_note-Kramer-9)[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alawites#cite_note-Fisk-10)[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alawites#cite_note-11)

Oh, that's right. You dont consider Shia part of Islam... even though every Islamic source I can find online does.

again, you're a dumb ass.

aboutime
06-04-2013, 02:09 PM
lying dumb ass...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alawites

Oh, that's right. You dont consider Shia part of Islam... even though every Islamic source I can find online does.

again, you're a dumb ass.

JAFAR and his endless....................5094

jafar00
06-04-2013, 09:32 PM
No, I wouldn't fight for that right. One doesn't have a right to incite violence, riots and such. And I don't care if you admit to it or not, but when radicals call for jihad such as a cleric calling for jihad from sunni's against Shia, they are looking for them to stand up and kill. But since they are Shia, they aren't Muslim either, and I guess ok to kill? Sad.

So you would fight for someone's right to incite Muslims, as long as they are not Muslim? Got it.

jimnyc
06-05-2013, 10:56 AM
So you would fight for someone's right to incite Muslims, as long as they are not Muslim? Got it.

So you would chop off a womans head, simply because she refused you sex? Wow.

I don't fight for anyone's right to freedom of speech unless it's within the law. I don't recall ever claiming to want to fight for ones right to incite violence within the Muslim world.

Marcus Aurelius
06-05-2013, 11:27 AM

For a man who praises all things Islamic, you seem to know the least about actually BEING Islamic of any 'claimed' Muslim I have ever heard from.

aboutime
06-05-2013, 01:23 PM
For a man who praises all things Islamic, you seem to know the least about actually BEING Islamic of any 'claimed' Muslim I have ever heard from.

Marcus. You may have forgotten how Liar's never really remember what their first, or second lie was. So, they must keep creating new lies...in the form of excuses, or double-talk as an effort to cover up their previous lies....with nothing but MORE LIES. And, what do we get? More jafar's.

jafar00
06-07-2013, 01:09 AM
So you would chop off a womans head, simply because she refused you sex? Wow.

Dunno where you got that from. Whatever floats yer boat :p

I don't fight for anyone's right to freedom of speech unless it's within the law. I don't recall ever claiming to want to fight for ones right to incite violence within the Muslim world.

What about the Mohamed (saw) cartoons? Do you support them? What about anti Muslim propaganda being spread about that inspires others to attack Mosques and even kill innocent Muslims going about their daily lives? What about the ugly bile being spread on this very forum? Pure hate speech should never be allowed or supported by anyone.

Gaffer
06-07-2013, 08:00 AM

What about the Mohamed (saw) cartoons? Do you support them? What about anti Muslim propaganda being spread about that inspires others to attack Mosques and even kill innocent Muslims going about their daily lives? What about the ugly bile being spread on this very forum? Pure hate speech should never be allowed or supported by anyone.

So what's wrong with a cartoon? No cartoon has ever jumped off a page and hit me over the head with a heavy object. Never had one twist my arm and make me do something I didn't want to do. I have never been hurt by a cartoon. Some cartoons I don't care for, so, I don't read them. Maybe they should try teaching that in islam.

I haven't seen much in the way of mosques attacked other than by other muslims sects, shea verses sunni for example.

The truth to you would be ugly bile. But, even you can come on here and try to spread your arab propaganda. You get called on it all the time. Your hatred of Israel is very blatant on here, along with your support of hamas and the brotherhood, so I don't see where you have room to talk about hate speech.

jimnyc
06-07-2013, 08:55 AM

I support the right of the cartoons to be displayed, yes. It's NOT inciting violence, it's just a picture. It's the Muslims who cannot control themselves in regards to those pictures. Simply displaying a picture is not "inciting violence", unless Muslims are that weak and uncontrollable. Are they? Not sure which propaganda you speak of, but unless it specifically incites violence, that's on those who commit the violent acts in response as well. And you think people are inciting violence here on this board? Do you want to go out and kill someone as a result of what others write here? That's extremely sad if so. Seriously, do you not understand the difference between people offering their opinion and point of view on things, even if it's hatred, and someone calling people to fight others and calling for Jihad against specific people? What you're implying is that Muslims hear things they don't like and then go out and become violent as a result. While maybe not you, I DO agree that this is the case with far too many.

jimnyc
06-07-2013, 08:57 AM
The truth to you would be ugly bile. But, even you can come on here and try to spread your arab propaganda. You get called on it all the time. Your hatred of Israel is very blatant on here, along with your support of hamas and the brotherhood, so I don't see where you have room to talk about hate speech.

That's true, didn't think of that. He condemns hate speech from this board as he does the same about Israel at every opportunity. He'll deny it, and say he doesn't "hate", but his shit filled hate sandwich, wrapped in a tasty donut, is still shitty and hateful.

Marcus Aurelius
06-07-2013, 09:01 AM
That's true, didn't think of that. He condemns hate speech from this board as he does the same about Israel at every opportunity. He'll deny it, and say he doesn't "hate", but his shit filled hate sandwich, wrapped in a tasty donut, is still shitty and hateful.

So, what you're really saying is that Jahil is full of shit?;)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-07-2013, 09:58 AM
So what's wrong with a cartoon? No cartoon has ever jumped off a page and hit me over the head with a heavy object. Never had one twist my arm and make me do something I didn't want to do. I have never been hurt by a cartoon. Some cartoons I don't care for, so, I don't read them. Maybe they should try teaching that in islam.

I haven't seen much in the way of mosques attacked other than by other muslims sects, shea verses sunni for example.

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.
Sure wish I could.... dead on accurate.... -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-07-2013, 10:06 AM

What about the Mohamed (saw) cartoons? Do you support them? What about anti Muslim propaganda being spread about that inspires others to attack Mosques and even kill innocent Muslims going about their daily lives? What about the ugly bile being spread on this very forum? Pure hate speech should never be allowed or supported by anyone. Sure thing Jafar. A call for others to simply see the TRUTH and then make up their own mind is according to you inciting hatred and violence. Yet when an Imam incites a group of muslims to out and burn/kill innocent people you turn a blind eye to it. How about you give evidence of these mosques being attacked by infidels? And of the attack being merely because the TRUTH about Islam was presented either on this forum or elsewhere.. People so damn ready to kill those of other faiths that they do so over a damn cartoon should wake up an intelligent man, yet you still slumber, why?-Tyr

red states rule
06-08-2013, 05:25 AM
You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.
Sure wish I could.... dead on accurate.... -Tyr

Took care of it for you Tyr

red states rule
06-08-2013, 05:32 AM

It is clear you are more upset over a cartoon of Mohamed then the rioting, destruction of private proerty, and slaughter of helpess people in the name of your religion of peace

Yes jafar, insulting Mohamed is a perfectly good reason to MURDER people in your f'ed up world

What you consider "hate speech" is what I call the truth about your religion of peace

So cartoons about Mohamed offend you? Prepare to be offended asshole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4A5Y67Q5TM

jimnyc
06-08-2013, 06:39 AM
It is clear you are more upset over a cartoon of Mohamed then the rioting, destruction of private proerty, and slaughter of helpess people in the name of your religion of peace

Yes jafar, insulting Mohamed is a perfectly good reason to MURDER people in your f'ed up world

What you consider "hate speech" is what I call the truth about your religion of peace

No different than people doing the same about Jesus, or other religious figures. In Brooklyn they had a display of urine/feces on a statue of the Mother Mary. I would say that is MUCH more offensive than little baby pictures of Muhammed, or the one where his head had a bomb on top of it. Not a single riot or a single person dead over the Christian stuff though. And there's been much, much more over the years that have been offensive to Christianity, but no riots, no deaths, no "death to America". Some people shake their heads and walk away, some people turn into the animals that are already inside of them.

red states rule
06-08-2013, 07:09 AM
No different than people doing the same about Jesus, or other religious figures. In Brooklyn they had a display of urine/feces on a statue of the Mother Mary. I would say that is MUCH more offensive than little baby pictures of Muhammed, or the one where his head had a bomb on top of it. Not a single riot or a single person dead over the Christian stuff though. And there's been much, much more over the years that have been offensive to Christianity, but no riots, no deaths, no "death to America". Some people shake their heads and walk away, some people turn into the animals that are already inside of them.

That is something Jafar will never understand. Islam is a violent and blood thristy cult Jim

Depsite all the abuse, insults, and vile and disgusting comments coming from the left and other religions groups - I have yet to see a Christan call for the murder of others, groups of Christains rioting - or a Christian in the US Military go around shooting unarmed peopel while yelling "Jesus Saves" or "n the name of God"

stevecanuck
06-08-2013, 11:10 AM
BTW, there is no such concept as "Holy War" in Islam. Ask your friends. It would be impossible for you to tell a bigger lie about Islam.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2013, 11:24 AM
That is something Jafar will never understand. Islam is a violent and blood thristy cult Jim

Depsite all the abuse, insults, and vile and disgusting comments coming from the left and other religions groups - I have yet to see a Christan call for the murder of others, groups of Christains rioting - or a Christian in the US Military go around shooting unarmed peopel while yelling "Jesus Saves" or "n the name of God" He understands it my friend. He just chooses to excuse it by lying in defense of it.. Your last part of your reply proves Jafar's defense of Islam and actions here to befalse.. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!! --- :beer:-Tyr

Marcus Aurelius
06-08-2013, 11:27 AM

What do you think about 'Piss Christ'? Not posting a pic here, go Google it. It's a picture of a crucifix, suspended in container of urine. I bet you just loved that, didn't you.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2013, 11:28 AM
It would be impossible for you to tell a bigger lie about Islam. I have as of yet never heard a bigger lie told of Islam -EXCEPT-- THAT IT IS A RELIGION OF PEACE! When its designed to be exactly -NOT THAT!!!! Absolutely nothing peaceful about it since its founding! -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2013, 11:29 AM
What do you think about 'Piss Christ'? Not posting a pic here, go Google it. It's a picture of a crucifix, suspended in container of urine. I bet you just loved that, didn't you. He probably has a picture of it on his wall at home..... Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2013, 11:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4A5Y67Q5TM Freaking-A-- bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!---:beer: :salute: :beer: Tyr

jafar00
06-09-2013, 04:40 AM

Do you feel big now?

It would be impossible for you to tell a bigger lie about Islam.

Educate me ya sheik. :p

red states rule
06-09-2013, 04:56 AM
Do you feel big now?

Educate me ya sheik. :p

No, but I had a hell of huge laugh when I posted it - knowing your first reaction when you saw it

I am well aware the video did not make you feel good all over as watching videos of the Nazi death camps killing Jews - but that video I posted was very funny

jimnyc
06-09-2013, 10:45 AM
you'll notice that Jafar completely sidestepped the posts about how Christians turn the other cheek when their religion is insulted - and Muslims go out of their minds and want to kill. Here's a list of some prominent blasphemy incidents from Wiki. Notice how the Christians and Catholics generally respond, then notice how Muslims respond:

Christianity

In 1886, American freethinker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freethought) Robert G. Ingersoll (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_G._Ingersoll) defended Charles B. Reynolds, a Boonton, New Jersey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boonton,_New_Jersey) man on blasphemy charges.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-1) Reynolds lost the case and was fined $50, which Ingersoll paid himself. Ingersoll's defense of Reynolds cast serious constitutional doubts on blasphemy laws and few states have attempted to prosecute a blasphemy charge since.
In 1933, the Norwegian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway) author Arnulf Øverland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnulf_%C3%98verland) was tried for blasphemy after giving a lecture named Kristendommen - den tiende landeplage ("Christianity - the tenth plague"), but was acquitted. No one has ever been tried for blasphemy in Norway since.[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-2)
In 1951, Italian neorealist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_neorealism) Roberto Rossellini's 40-minute film, titled The Miracle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Amore_%28film%29), sparked widespread moral outrage.[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-3) The film centred around a man, "Saint Joseph", who villainously impregnates "Nanni", a disturbed peasant who believes herself to be the Virgin Mary. Protesters in Paris picketed the film with vitriolic signs carrying messages like "This Picture Is an Insult to Every Decent Woman and Her Mother," "Don't Be a Communist," and "Don't Enter the Cesspool."[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-4) It was criticized as "vile, harmful and blasphemous." After some pressure by the Catholic Church, the New York Board of Regents revoked the film's license on grounds that it was "sacrilegious." The film's distributor, Joseph Burstyn, subsequently appealed the decision, and in 1952, it was overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court as unconstitutional (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution) in the case Joseph Burstyn, Inc v. Wilson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Burstyn,_Inc_v._Wilson).[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-5)
In 1966, Dutch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands) author Gerard Reve (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerard_Reve) was prosecuted for blasphemy, after a piece of prose he wrote described making love to God, incarnated in a three-year-old donkey. He was acquitted on the grounds that this was an artistic expression protected by freedom of speech.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]
Also in 1966, Finnish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland) author Hannu Salama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannu_Salama) was prosecuted and convicted for a book (Juhannustanssit) he had written two years earlier. His sentence was suspended, and he was finally pardoned in 1968.
Movies subjected to criticism over allegedly blasphemous content include The Last Temptation of Christ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Temptation_of_Christ) and Monty Python's Life of Brian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python%27s_Life_of_Brian).[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]
Artist Andres Serrano (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andres_Serrano)'s photograph Piss Christ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ), showing a crucifix immersed in urine, caused similar controversy, as did artist Chris Ofili (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Ofili)'s painting The Holy Virgin Mary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holy_Virgin_Mary), which depicted a black African Mary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary,_the_mother_of_Jesus) surrounded by images from blaxploitation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaxploitation) movies and close-ups of female genitalia cut from pornographic magazines.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]
In 1998, Swedish artist Elisabeth Ohlson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisabeth_Ohlson) showed her exhibition Ecce Homo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecce_Homo_%28exhibition%29) which features Biblical characters refitted with LGBT themes, including Christ as an AIDS victim. Bishop Tord Harlin of Uppsala said "At best it is bad theology, at worst it is blasphemy".[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]
A British evangelical organisation, Christian Voice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Voice_%28UK%29) led street protests against the BBC screening of Jerry Springer – The Opera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Springer_%E2%80%93_The_Opera), in which one actor wears a nappy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaper) and later, whilst portraying the character of Jesus, says "I'm a bit gay". Christian Voice published the home addresses and telephone numbers of several BBC executives on their web site. This led to one of these people receiving death threats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_threats). Another organisation, the Christian Institute (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Institute) attempted to level blasphemy charges against the BBC. These were rejected by the High Court.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]
The comedy film Dogma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogma_%28film%29) (1999) resulted in picketing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picketing_%28protest%29) and charges of blasphemy, and also "2 and a half" death threats made against its director Kevin Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Smith) and producers Bob (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Weinstein) and Harvey Weinstein (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Weinstein).[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]
In 2002, the author of the Spanish public domain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain) personal computer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game) game Slaughter Cofrade, known by the initials "J. C. C. S.," was formally accused by the Cristo del Gran Poder of violating section 525 of the penal code, which forbids any sort of "attack" on religious dogma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogma), beliefs, or ceremonies. His game depicted the shooting of characters robed in religious clothing and carrying Christian crosses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_cross).[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]
In 2004, Jesus Dress Up (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Dress_Up) fridge magnets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fridge_magnets), which depicts a cartoon crucified Jesus in underpants and can be dressed in Satan pajamas, sparked national controversy in the U.S. at an Urban Outfitters receiving more than 250,000 complaints after being featured on MSNBC. The retailer canceled all remaining orders with the magnet's creator Normal Bob Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_Bob_Smith), then as a result of this attention an activism group called Laptop Lobbyists alerted the artist's web-hosting company and temporarily succeeded in shutting down the Jesus Dress Up web site.[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-6)
In 2005, Marithé and François Girbaud's parodied Leonardo's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_da_Vinci) religious painting The Last Supper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Supper_%28Leonardo%29) in a publicity poster. The Catholic Church initiated a lawsuit against the Girbauds, sparking concerns regarding freedom of expression and blasphemy. The judge qualified the poster as "an insult to Christians." The lawsuit was eventually dismissed.[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-7)[not in citation given (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifiability)]
Gerhard Haderer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerhard_Haderer)'s cartoon book The Life of Jesus was banned in Greece in 2003 under Greek laws of "blasphemy" and "insulting religion". In 2005, its author was given a six-month suspended prison sentence in absentia. Both the ban and the conviction were reversed in appeal after an outcry against the initial decision both in Greece and in Europe.[6] (http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Greek-court-lifts-ban-on-Jesus-cartoon-book/2005/04/14/1113251690792.html)[7] (http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,1480744,00.html)
In 2008, a punk festival in Linköping (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link%C3%B6ping), Sweden (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden) used marketing posters showing Satan defecating on Jesus on the cross, under the slogan "Punx against christ [sic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sic)]!" The poster was taken down by the municipality of Linköping.[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-8) The publication of the poster in the local newspaper Östgöta Correspondenten (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96stg%C3%B6ta_Correspondenten) caused death threats to the editor-in-chief.[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-9)
On 8 September 2011 Advertising Standards Authority (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advertising_Standards_Authority_%28United_Kingdom% 29), UK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK)'s advertising watchdog, banned Phones4U (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phones4U) mobile phone ad featuring an image of Jesus Christ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Christ) after receiving almost 100 complaints that it "mocked and belittled" the Christian faith.[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-10) According to the watchdog the cartoon picture of Jesus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus) winking and giving a thumbs-up sign was "disrespectful to the Christian faith" and was "likely to cause serious offence, particularly to Christians."[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-11)

Islam

On August 18, 1925 The Star (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_%28London%29) (a now defunct London (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London) evening newspaper) printed a cartoon by David Low (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Low_%28cartoonist%29) in which the Captain of the English Cricket team, Jack Hobbs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Hobbs), was depicted as the towering statue in a 'Gallery of the most important historical celebrities' and the one to whom the others looked up. Among the others was Muhammad. Colin Seymour-Ure and Jim Schoff's book David Low notes "Harmless enough at home, the depiction of Muhammad meant that in India the cartoon 'convulsed many Muslims in speechless rage', as the Calcutta correspondent of the Morning Post (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_Post) put it. Meetings were held and resolutions of protest were passed."[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-12)

On March 9, 1977, 12 African-American gunmen identified as Hanafi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanafi) Muslims seized three buildings in Washington, D.C. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington,_D.C.), seeking to stop the screening of the movie Mohammad, Messenger of God (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad,_Messenger_of_God) and also to have certain prisoners released to them. Two people were killed, others injured, and others taken hostage for 39 hours. The film does not actually show Mohammad. See 1977 Hanafi Siege (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977_Hanafi_Siege).

In 1989, Indian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India)-born British (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom) author Salman Rushdie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salman_Rushdie) was sentenced to death (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment) for blasphemy by Iranian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran) leader Ayatollah Khomeini (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayatollah_Khomeini) for Rushdie's depiction of Muhammad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad) as a businessman in his novel The Satanic Verses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Verses_%28novel%29). An Iranian businessman offered a $3 million reward to anyone carrying out the sentence against Rushdie. Other Islamic scholars followed suit, providing similar fatwa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatwa) (legal pronouncement in Islam made by a mufti (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mufti)). In 1989, Khomeini died, making the fatwa permanent to those who follow his teaching. In 1991, Hitoshi Igarashi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitoshi_Igarashi), the book's Japanese translator, was murdered at the university where he taught in Tsukuba, Ibaraki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukuba,_Ibaraki), 60 kilometres north of Tokyo. The book's Italian translator was beaten and stabbed in Milan. William Nygaard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Nygaard), the Norwegian publisher was shot in 1993. Thirty-seven people, who had come to listen to a speech by the translator and publisher (of some parts of the book) Aziz Nesin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aziz_Nesin), a well-known satirist, perished when the hotel where they had gathered was torched in Sivas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sivas), Turkey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey).
The post-Khomeini Iranian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran) government, while maintaining that the fatwa cannot be reversed, promised only in 1998 to dissociate itself from it. Rushdie stayed in hiding under police protection for several years.[13] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-13)

In May 1994, a fatwa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatwa) on Bangladeshi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh) writer Taslima Nasrin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taslima_Nasrin) came after she was quoted in The Statesman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Statesman) that "…the Koran should be revised thoroughly." This follows attacks and persecution of Nasrin for her 1993 book Lajja (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lajja) (Bangla word for 'shame').[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]

In 1997 Tatyana Suskin (also spelled Tatiana Soskin) was apprehended in Hebron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebron) while attempting to attach to an Arab storefront a drawing she had made depicting Muhammad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad) as a pig reading the Koran. The incident created considerable tension, and she received a two-year sentence.[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-14)[15] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-15)

In 1998 Ghulam Akbar, a Shi'a Muslim (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shi%27a_Muslim), was convicted, in a Rahim Yar Khan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahim_Yar_Khan) court, of uttering derogatory remarks against Muhammad in 1995 and sentenced to death. He was the first to receive such a sentence under Section 295(c) of the Pakistani penal code.[16] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-16)

In August 2000 a Lahore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahore) court sentenced Abdul Hasnain Muhammad Yusuf Ali to death and 35 years' imprisonment for "defiling the name of Muhammad" under Section 295(a), 295(c), and 298.[17] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-17)

In 2001, prior to 9/11 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11), American magazine Time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_magazine) printed an illustration of Muhammad along with the Archangel Gabriel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel) waiting for a message from God. The magazine apologized for printing the illustration after widespread protests in Kashmir (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashmir).[18] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-18)

In June 2002 Iranian academic Hashem Aghajari (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashem_Aghajari) gave a speech that challenged Muslims to refrain from blindly following their clergy. His speech provoked international outcry, and, in November 2002, he was sentenced to death for "blasphemy against Muhammad. In 2004, after domestic Iranian and international outcry, his sentence was reduced to five years in prison."[19] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-19)

In August 2002, Italian police reported that they had disrupted a terrorist plot to destroy a church in Bologna, Italy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bologna,_Italy), which contains a 15th century fresco (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresco) depicting an image of Muhammad.[20] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-20)

In November 2002 an article in the Nigerian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria) ThisDay newspaper prior to the upcoming Miss World (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_World) pageant, suggesting Muhammad would have chosen one of the contestants as his bride, sparked riots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_World#The_2002_Nigeria_contest) that eventually claimed over 200 lives.[21] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-21)

In December 2002 Pulitzer Prize (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulitzer_Prize) winner Doug Marlette (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Marlette) published a drawing that showed Muhammad driving a Ryder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryder) truck, with a nuclear rocket attached. He received more than 4,500 e-mails from angry Muslims, some with threats of death and mutilation.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]

In 2004, Dutch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands) film maker Theo van Gogh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_Gogh_%28film_director%29) and Ayaan Hirsi Ali (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayaan_Hirsi_Ali) created the 10-minute film Submission (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submission_%282004_film%29). The film is about violence against women in Islamic societies. It shows four abused women, wearing see-through dresses. Qur'anic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur%27an) verses allegedly unfavourable to women in Arabic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_language) are painted on their bodies. After the movie was released, both van Gogh and Hirsi Ali received death threats. Van Gogh was stabbed and shot dead on November 2, 2004, in Amsterdam by Mohammed Bouyeri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Bouyeri). A note (http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/312) he left impaled on Van Gogh's chest threatened Western governments, Jews (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jew) and Hirsi Ali (who went into hiding).[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]

In February 2005 the Museum of World Culture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_of_World_Culture) in Gothenburg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothenburg), Sweden (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden) decided to remove the painting "Scène d’Amour (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sc%C3%A8ne_d%E2%80%99Amour&action=edit&redlink=1)" by Louzla Darabi (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Louzla_Darabi&action=edit&redlink=1). The painting was part of a temporary exhibition about HIV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV)/AIDS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS), and depicted a man and a woman having sexual intercourse. The artist and the curator had received numerous death threats from Muslims enraged over the Koran (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koran) quotations which were featured in a corner of the painting. Some threats were telling the artist to "learn from the Netherlands", referring to the murder of van Gogh and threats against Hirsi Ali.[22] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-22)

On April 19, 2005 the Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet broke the news that celebrity preacher Runar Søgaard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runar_S%C3%B8gaard) in a causerie had called Muhammad "a confused paedophile (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paedophile)," alluding to Muhammed's marriage with Aisha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha). Søgaard had at the same time also told jokes about Jesus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus) and Buddha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha). Søgaard received numerous death threats from Muslims and went on national television to apologise for his jokes. His apologies did not help, and Muslim extremists in Sweden contacted imams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imam) around the world in order to have a fatwa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatwa) issued against Søgaard. Among the contacted ones were Abu Musab al-Zarqawi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Musab_al-Zarqawi). A fatwah with a death sentence against Søgaard was eventually issued by an African imam.[23] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-23)

In September 2005 the Tate Britain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tate_Britain) gallery decided not to display a work by John Latham (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Latham_%28artist%29) entitled God Is Great #2, made ten years previously, which consisted in part of a Koran (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koran), a Bible (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible) and a Talmud (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talmud) that had been disassembled. The exhibition was close to the time of the July 7, 2005 London bombings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_7,_2005_London_bombings) which influenced the Tate's decision.[24] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-24)[25] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-25)

In September 2005, the Danish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark) newspaper Jyllands-Posten (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-Posten) printed twelve cartoons of Mohammed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-Posten_Muhammad_cartoons_controversy) which, four months later and fueled by interested parties, eventually led to massive unrest in the Muslim world (including more than 100 deaths), burnt embassies and international tension. In London, protestors carried signs reading, "Behead those who Insult Islam".[26] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-26)

In 2006, the American animated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animated) television comedy program South Park (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park), which had previously depicted Muhammad as a superhero (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superhero) character in the July 4, 2001 episode "Super Best Friends (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Best_Friends)"[27] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-27) and has depicted Muhammad in the opening sequence since that episode,[28] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-28) attempted to satirize the Danish newspaper incident. In the episode "Cartoon Wars Part II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon_Wars_Part_II)", they intended to show Muhammad handing a salmon helmet to Peter Griffin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Griffin), a character in the Fox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Broadcasting_Company) animated television show Family Guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Guy). However, Comedy Central (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comedy_Central), the broadcaster of South Park, rejected the scene, citing concerns of violent protests in the Islamic world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_world). The creators of South Park reacted by instead satirizing Comedy Central's double standard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_standard) for broadcast acceptability by including a segment of the episode "Cartoon Wars Part II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon_Wars_Part_II)" in which a cartoon American president (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_the_United_States) George W. Bush (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush) and Jesus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus) defecate on the flag of the United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_United_States).
In February 2006, activist Manfred van H. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manfred_van_H.) was convicted in Germany (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany) and sentenced to one year of prison on probation for mailing toilet paper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper) stamped with "The holy Qur'an (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur%27an)" to mosques (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque) and the media.[29] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-29)

In July 2007, Swedish artist Lars Vilks participated in an art exhibition themed "The Dog in Art" by portraying Muhammad as a roundabout dog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundabout_dog). He has subsequently received death threats and had to move out from his home (refer to article Lars Vilks Muhammad drawings controversy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_Vilks_Muhammad_drawings_controversy) for more information).[30] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-30)[31] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-31)[32] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-32)

In September 2007, a Bangladeshi newspaper published a comic that referred to Muhammad. Copies of the newspaper were torched and the cartoonist has been arrested.[33] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-33)

In November 2007, Unity High School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_High_School_%28Sudan%29) in Sudan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudan) came under attention after a teacher at the school was accused of allowing the class to name a teddy bear Muhammad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudanese_teddy_bear_blasphemy_case). The teacher was convicted of insulting Islam and was subject to death threats.[34] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-BBC1-34)[35] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-Times-35) The teacher was pardoned by Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir on 3 December.[36] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-36)

In December 2007, Mariwan Halabjaee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariwan_Halabjaee), the Iraqi Kurdish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_Kurdistan) author of Sex, Sharia and Women in the History of Islam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex,_Sharia_and_Women_in_the_History_of_Islam), who resided in Norway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway), was convicted in absentia in Iraqi Kurdistan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_Kurdistan) for the crime of blasphemy.[37] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-37) A court in Halabja (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halabja) sentenced Halabjaee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariwan_Halabjaee) to prison for writing that the prophet Mohammed had 19 wives, married a 9-year-old when he was 54 years old, and committed murder and rape.[38] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-38) Halabjaee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariwan_Halabjaee) remains in Norway. The sentence states that Halabjaee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariwan_Halabjaee) will be arrested upon his return to Iraqi Kurdistan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_Kurdistan).[39] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-39)

Images depicting Muhammad at the Farewell Pilgrimage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farewell_Pilgrimage) which drew controversy when some editors wanted it removed from Wikipedia.

A protest demanding Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia) remove images of Muhammed from all articles was started in February 2008. The main image in question is a painting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maome.jpg) of Muhammed in Mecca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecca). Wikipedia refused to remove the images.[41] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-41)

Fitna (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitna_%28film%29), a film by Dutch politician Geert Wilders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geert_Wilders) which claims the Koran incites violence was met with calls to block and censor the film's showing. "The correct Sharia (Islamic law) response is to cut (off) his head and let him follow his predecessor, van Gogh, to hell," a member of Al-Ekhlaas wrote.[42] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-42)

Gregorius Nekschot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorius_Nekschot), a Dutch cartoonist collaborator of Theo van Gogh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_Gogh_%28film_director%29) who was arrested on May 13, 2008. His house was searched by ten policemen and his computer and sketch books were confiscated. He was held in jail for interrogation and was made to remove eight cartoons from his website at the request of the public prosecutor for being discriminatory for Muslims. The Netherlands police in a "project hatecrimes" ready to file complaints about cartoons.[43] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-43)

In 2010, the New York City Metropolitan Museum of Art (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_Museum_of_Art) quietly withdrew all images of Mohammed from display out of fear of some Muslims who say the images are blasphemous. Kishwar Rizvi (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kishwar_Rizvi&action=edit&redlink=1), an Islamic art expert at Yale University, said "Museums shouldn't shy away from showing this in a historical context".[44] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy#cite_note-44)

In September 2012, riots broke out across the Islamic world in protest for a YouTube video posing as the trailer for Innocence of Muslims (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocence_of_Muslims) film

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_versus_blasphemy

Marcus Aurelius
06-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Since islam is a 'religion of peace', those who get offended and threaten to kill over images of Mohammed aren't 'really' Islamic...

right, Jahil?

jimnyc
06-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Since islam is a 'religion of peace', those who get offended and threaten to kill over images of Mohammed aren't 'really' Islamic...

right, Jahil?0

He'll deny it until he turns blue - but MANY places still will kill you if you insult Islam. AND they will prescribe these punishments to non-Muslims as well, as if somehow we follow their retarded laws from afar.

jafar00
06-09-2013, 04:22 PM

He'll deny it until he turns blue - but MANY places still will kill you if you insult Islam. AND they will prescribe these punishments to non-Muslims as well, as if somehow we follow their retarded laws from afar.

True, there are misguided places that will do it. Pakistan for one. The truth still remains that there is no prescribed worldly punishment for the crime. If it was punishable, the Prophet Mohamed (saw) would have killed half of Mecca, many of whom became his closest companions after initially ridiculing him and God as they followed in their pagan ways.

There is not one verse of the Qur'aan calling for punishment of blasphemers, however there is the death penalty for it in the Bible.

For example...

anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death. (Leviticus 24:16)

And before you brush it off as something to be ignored from the Old Testament, the Christian world of old was rife with executions for denying the bible or blasphemy.

Punishments for blasphemy and for apostasy are not in Islam. These laws are man made by misguided people.

jimnyc
06-09-2013, 04:29 PM
True, there are misguided places that will do it. Pakistan for one. The truth still remains that there is no prescribed worldly punishment for the crime. If it was punishable, the Prophet Mohamed (saw) would have killed half of Mecca, many of whom became his closest companions after initially ridiculing him and God as they followed in their pagan ways.

There is not one verse of the Qur'aan calling for punishment of blasphemers, however there is the death penalty for it in the Bible.

For example...

anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death. (Leviticus 24:16)

And before you brush it off as something to be ignored from the Old Testament, the Christian world of old was rife with executions for denying the bible or blasphemy.

Punishments for blasphemy and for apostasy are not in Islam. These laws are man made by misguided people.

And yet it is a non-stop occurrence in countries around the world who coincidentally just happen to have a majority of Muslims in the country and Islam running the country. Whether "prescribed" or in the Quran itself - doesn't change the amount of times these punishments are handed out, and where and who hands them out.

There are MANY MANY countries beyond just Pakistan that still have harsh punishments for blasphemy. I could list them here to the point that people would be bored reading it over and over and over and over - but what's the point? No matter how much proof is offered you will just continue to claim it's not Islam - and turn a blind eye to the retarded punishments being handed out to people for not fawning over Islam.

Refer to the Bible all you like, I WANT you to in fact. Then refer to the examples - and simply ask me and I will provide many, many more - but you'll see that those following the Bible are not out there doing these sick and evil deeds.

And I couldn't care less if any punishment for apostasy is in the quran or written anywhere else. It's just another retarded punishment, often ending in death, that just happens to mostly occur (what was it again, 91%) by Muslim men.

Regardless of the reason, people are still dying at the hands of Muslims for asinine reasons.

jafar00
06-11-2013, 12:05 AM
And yet it is a non-stop occurrence in countries around the world who coincidentally just happen to have a majority of Muslims in the country and Islam running the country. Whether "prescribed" or in the Quran itself - doesn't change the amount of times these punishments are handed out, and where and who hands them out.

There are MANY MANY countries beyond just Pakistan that still have harsh punishments for blasphemy. I could list them here to the point that people would be bored reading it over and over and over and over - but what's the point? No matter how much proof is offered you will just continue to claim it's not Islam - and turn a blind eye to the retarded punishments being handed out to people for not fawning over Islam.

Refer to the Bible all you like, I WANT you to in fact. Then refer to the examples - and simply ask me and I will provide many, many more - but you'll see that those following the Bible are not out there doing these sick and evil deeds.

And I couldn't care less if any punishment for apostasy is in the quran or written anywhere else. It's just another retarded punishment, often ending in death, that just happens to mostly occur (what was it again, 91%) by Muslim men.

Regardless of the reason, people are still dying at the hands of Muslims for asinine reasons.

The point I'm making is that you cannot say Islam is bad because it isn't in Islam. People are bad. Leaders are bad. That doesn't mean Muslims are bad.

red states rule
06-11-2013, 08:10 AM
More on the religion of "peace"

The May 2013 riots (http://www.thelocal.se/48130/) in certain immigrant-dominated suburbs of Stockholm raised eyebrows abroad. While I found them disturbing I cannot say that I was totally surprised by them. I’ve consistently warned agains (http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/05/is-swedish-democracy-collapsing.html)t such a likely outcome under this pen name for what is now nearly a decade.

The political elites not just in Sweden but also in neighboring Denmark, Finland and Norway watched nervously as the events unfolded. Clearly, major riots by immigrants no longer take place just in slightly more distant Paris or London, but now also in the largest city in the Nordic region. The problems are getting closer.

As usual, the comments from Denmark have tended to be the most sensible ones, with the newspaper Jyllands-Posten (http://jyllands-posten.dk/opinion/leder/ECE5518762/den-svenske-loegn/) publishing an editorial about “The Swedish Lie (http://gatesofvienna.net/2013/05/the-swedish-lie/)”. The ethnologist Karl-Olov Arnsberg and the journalist Gunnar Sandelin in their book Invandring och mörkläggning (“Immigration and Cover-up”) describe sensitive facts about immigration which are hardly ever mentioned in the mainstream media in Sweden. Swedish mass media are quite possibly the most repressive, censored and totalitarian of any Western country, which is why some dissidents choose to write under pseudonyms such as “Julia Caesar” for websites abroad.

In Norway, the former soldier Aslak Fløgstad Nore is a journalist and author of spy novels (http://www.aschehougagency.no/Authors/Aschehoug/Aschehoug-Fiction/Nore-Aslak-A-Norwegian-Spy) who has for some unknown reason been hailed as a brave intellectual, telling truths others don’t dare to tell. One of his idols is Sweden’s Jan Guillou (http://www.dagbladet.no/2012/07/01/kultur/litteratur/bok/aslak_nore/krim/22381006/), a far-Left activist and writer with pro-Islamic sympathies who, apart from being an author of spy thrillers, was paid multiple times by the KGB for providing them with sensitive information.
In addition to being an editor at Gyldendal, one of the largest publishing houses in Norway, Nore is a regular columnist at VG, the country’s largest national newspaper. On May 26 2013, Nore published a commentary in VG (http://pluss.vg.no/2013/05/26/1236/1rxWku3) on the “enigmatic” Swedes after Stockholm had been rocked by a full week of riots on a scale unprecedented in modern Scandinavian history.

What were his views on the causes of these riots? Well, for one thing Nore assured us that they had little to do with Islam, despite the fact that even left-wing (http://www.dagbladet.no/2013/05/20/nyheter/husby/stockholm/opptoyer/27267831/) newspapers show video clips where shouts of “Allahu akbar”! may be heard from residents of these heavily Muslim-dominated suburbs when Swedish police officers are attacked.

Instead, Mr. Nore blamed the obligatory “racism” of the white natives, especially alleged police racism, for partly triggering the riots. Finally, he blamed the “Swedish class society” for these problems. Yes, really. Nore defines himself as a member of the political Left (http://www.aftenposten.no/kultur/litteratur/article3287436.ece) and is a Social Democrat, but his above-mentioned analysis is straightforward Marxism at its core. His father Kjartan Fløgstad is an established author influenced by Marxist ideology. Nore (http://pluss.vg.no/2013/05/26/1236/1rxWku3) didn’t foresee similar riots coming to Norway, although he admitted that the percentage of immigrants is actually higher in Oslo than it is in Stockholm.

Just to enlighten the ignorant Mr. Nore: Oslo has previously experienced major riots involving Muslim immigrants plus their left-wing extremist allies. I know, because I was there. In the very heart of the country’s capital city on January 8, 2009, a peaceful demonstration in support of Israel gathered in front of the Parliament (Stortinget). This triggered sizeable and very violent counter-demonstrations, broken windows and stone-throwing plus the mandatory shouts of “Allahu akbar!” Eventually, the police had to use large amounts of tear gas at the very doorsteps of the nation’s Parliament to disperse the thugs. Some Muslims afterwards walked around central Oslo looking for people they thought might be Jewish, so they could beat them up.

In the daily Aftenposten, their regular commentator Inger Anne Olsen, who has earlier (http://www.aftenposten.no/meninger/kommentarer/Forsvar-for-en-rabiat-muslim-6755030.html) stated in the same newspaper that hardline Muslims should of course have the right to work to overthrow our society and institute sharia laws, believed that (http://www.aftenposten.no/meninger/kommentarer/Svenske-tilstander-i-norske-gater-7211041.html) Oslo could experience similar riots in the future. She was happy, though, that unlike the police in Sweden (and virtually every other European country apart from Britain), the police in Norway are normally unarmed and therefore appear less threatening and provocative to criminal gangs. Her recommendation for how to avoid future riots was to engage in tough urban planning and build more housing districts.

Oslo is at the moment one of the fastest-growing cities in Europe, largely due to mass immigration. Some migrants come from European countries such as Poland, but a large proportion of them come from dysfunctional and economically backward non-Western nations. The ruling political and media elites take it for granted that this will continue indefinitely and that there is nothing the natives can or should do about it. Wave after wave of non-European immigrants will continue to pour across the weakly-controlled borders. They will not only be allowed to settle temporarily but will normally gain citizenship after a while and then continue fetching spouses and family members from their original homelands.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/fjordman/muslim-riots-and-left-wing-nonsense/

jimnyc
06-11-2013, 10:42 AM
The point I'm making is that you cannot say Islam is bad because it isn't in Islam. People are bad. Leaders are bad. That doesn't mean Muslims are bad.

Muslim people, a lot of them are bad. You don't see me claiming the Quran is bad and certain verses - but the PEOPLE who commit the evil acts, which seem to never stop. I suppose while not Islam, and not wanting to call them Muslims - they are men that just so happen to live in a certain region of the world, with certain leaders, and certain people leading their religious way of life.

I condemn the PEOPLE who do these things. If they happen to be Muslim, I call a spade a spade. If they continually use the Quran or Allah as a reference for their crimes, sorry, we are not going to ignore that. When you have thousands and thousands, and millions over time, dancing and parading and rioting, talking about "Death to America" and "Allah Akbar" and how Islam should take over the world and how they will behead those who insult their religion... Sorry, again, I'm not going to ignore the Muslim/Islam aspect. Don't get mad at us for pointing out EXACTLY what these vermin scream/state/speak/preach while they kill/maim/abuse/terrorize.

Marcus Aurelius
06-11-2013, 10:59 AM
There is not one verse of the Qur'aan calling for punishment of blasphemers...
http://quran.com/5/33

Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,

dumb ass doesn't even know his own religion.

jafar00
06-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Muslim people, a lot of them are bad. You don't see me claiming the Quran is bad and certain verses - but the PEOPLE who commit the evil acts, which seem to never stop. I suppose while not Islam, and not wanting to call them Muslims - they are men that just so happen to live in a certain region of the world, with certain leaders, and certain people leading their religious way of life.

I condemn the PEOPLE who do these things. If they happen to be Muslim, I call a spade a spade. If they continually use the Quran or Allah as a reference for their crimes, sorry, we are not going to ignore that. When you have thousands and thousands, and millions over time, dancing and parading and rioting, talking about "Death to America" and "Allah Akbar" and how Islam should take over the world and how they will behead those who insult their religion... Sorry, again, I'm not going to ignore the Muslim/Islam aspect. Don't get mad at us for pointing out EXACTLY what these vermin scream/state/speak/preach while they kill/maim/abuse/terrorize.

Well, there are a lot of bad people doing very bad things in your country and abroad, and many of them consider themselves to be Christian, yet we don't go around saying how bad Christianity is based on what they do. Why do that with Islam?

Marcus Aurelius
06-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Well, there are a lot of bad people doing very bad things in your country and abroad, and many of them consider themselves to be Christian, yet we don't go around saying how bad Christianity is based on what they do. Why do that with Islam?

Who knows more about Islam, Jahil... you or Shaikh Mahmood Shaltoot?

red states rule
06-12-2013, 05:35 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-im6Sdp4Zd0M/Tg10mlHK7wI/AAAAAAAACWo/cHryRPYtk2c/s1600/hamas-terrorists-israel-hamas-palastine-ass-funny-military-m-demotivational-poster-1232173941.jpg

jimnyc
06-12-2013, 12:26 PM

Christian Americans VERY rarely identify themselves as Christian first. Muslims, Islam and Sharia are one, and inseparable. Don't try your bullshit ways to defend the indefensible. Call them whatever pleases you, that's cool with me, but the entire world KNOWS who is committing the terror attacks, chopping off heads of soldiers and children and abusing women more than others breath air.

red states rule
06-12-2013, 12:45 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQw4NmbmeRUL_tdOcksj4bN4gzMzSFXN mc5_STfGAQ0eVz7btJf

jimnyc
06-14-2013, 07:57 PM

Yep, no overreaction - and just like you sat jihad only means "struggle" and not a holy war as the rest of the world knows.

Thousands of Egypt Islamists rally for Syria jihad

AFP - Thousands of Islamists rallied in the Egyptian capital on Friday in support of calls by Sunni Muslim clerics for a holy war against the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

The demonstration took place outside a Cairo mosque where Saudi preacher Mohammed al-Oreifi called in a sermon for a "jihad in the cause of Allah in Syria."

Oreifi urged worshippers to "unite against their enemy."

Saudi Arabia, like Egypt, is an overwhelmingly Sunni Muslim country, and Sunnis are the backbone of the revolt against Assad, whose Alawite sect is an offshoot of Shiite Islam.

Demonstrators, most of them bearded and wearing the traditional white galabiya, shouted "there is no God but Allah, and Bashar is his enemy."

People waved not only the Egyptian flag but also the one adopted by the Syrian opposition.

On Thursday, influential Sunni clerics from several Arab states called for a holy war against the "sectarian" regime in Syria.

"We must undertake jihad to help our brothers in Syria by sending them money and arms, and providing all aid to save the Syrian people from this sectarian regime," they said in a statement at the end of a gathering in Cairo.

http://www.france24.com/en/20130614-thousands-egypt-islamists-rally-syria-jihad

Gaffer
06-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Nothing jihad about this huh?

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2013/06/obama-backed-syrian-jihadists-massacre-christian-village-population.html

Funny how there was no mention of this on any news channels.

jafar00
06-15-2013, 02:51 AM
Nothing jihad about this huh?

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2013/06/obama-backed-syrian-jihadists-massacre-christian-village-population.html

Funny how there was no mention of this on any news channels.

Sure it wasn't Assad's men? They don't care about Mosques either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rqjb89YQYc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkqth3SOn8

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-15-2013, 08:50 AM
O' thank you Obama for you have deemed it best for us to back snake number two in the pit. Can not go wrong right? Lets arm the hell out of them so that later they can use those free weapons on our troops. A triple you score right there Obama YOU ffing muslim bastard. God, when are Americans going to wake the -F- up?? THEY ARE MURDERING CHRISTIANS BY THE THOUSANDS AND WE ARE ABOUT TO ARM THE LIVING HELL OUT OF THEM! And the tired old lying shill McCain out there screaming, " lets do more than just arm our enemies"! Just arming them is not enough says the old, lying sold out son of a bitch! Here people, says Obama and McCain , eat another shit sandwich and please ask us for more! I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that with over 50 million (abortion) murders to our credit we are about to get some justice handed back to us courtesy of the enemy we have invited in to rule us... "God works in mysterious ways" goes the old saying but another point about that is --so does Satan(see the book of Job)! Good morning folks, just another fine day in the obamanation where we arm those sworn to murder, rape and destroy us!!..-Tyr

red states rule
06-19-2013, 02:44 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/bg061813dAPR20130618044524.jpg