PDA

View Full Version : 911 to woman alone "sorry no cops available"

revelarts
06-03-2013, 11:20 AM
http://therightscoop.com/if-there-ever-was-an-argument-for-owning-a-gun-this-is-it/

911 to woman alone "sorry no cops available"

woman need to have some way to defend themselves.
the gov't buying up all the ammo is no help here either.
who are they trying to protect with that?

Marcus Aurelius
06-03-2013, 11:27 AM
'Ask him to go away'????

You have GOT to be shitting us...

'Ask him to go away'???

The woman who was on that 911 call was then raped by the guy she was supposed to just 'ask to go away'. She should sue everyone for everything she can.

jimnyc
06-03-2013, 11:28 AM
I think I saw this somewhere last week and thought similarly. I know there are places where it may take the police a little longer to arrive - but for 911 to tell people that there is NO help for them? If a county/state can't help it's citizens, then someone needs to step in and make them do so. I wouldn't mind temporary federal funding to fix an issue, but it's up to the state to fix it long term and stop this crap. I'd rather no 911 in that case, as opposed to calling and being "insulted" or being astonished when they tell me I'm on my own!

Marcus Aurelius
06-03-2013, 11:34 AM
The sheriff doesn't have a fucking beeper or cell phone for emergencies while off duty???

revelarts
06-03-2013, 11:53 AM
in the old days when the sheriff didn't have enough men he call up a POSSE.
may be coming to that again.
or remember in New york the "guardian angels", they're still around too.

logroller
06-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Women shouldn't tell their ex-boyfriends to break in, assault and rape them and should instead tell them to go away. Just like we should just tell people not to commit crimes and then all crime will just go away. It's so simple. :rolleyes:

revelarts
06-03-2013, 12:31 PM
I wonder if there was no ambulance available as well.
she should have called back and said her house was on fire, or she was having a heart attack, maybe the sirens would have scare the guy off at least.

jimnyc
06-03-2013, 12:58 PM
she should have called back and said her house was on fire, or she was having a heart attack, maybe the sirens would have scare the guy off at least.

Then the assholes would have charged her for misusing the 911 system.

CSM
06-03-2013, 12:59 PM

I read an interesting article some time back that suggested a community responded far more quickly to cries of "FIRE!" than to alarms of "RAPE!" (wish I could find it again) for the simple reason that rape (and other crimes of violence in the arena) are more likely to be against an individual, while fire is more likely to affect the entire community. The article then went on to say that an individual under attack (rape, assault, robbery, etc) would be more likely to receive aid if they yelled "FIRE" than anything else. I would assume the same would be true when calling 911.

I am also reminded by the OP that the police are only "minutes away... "

WiccanLiberal
06-03-2013, 04:19 PM
It doesn't matter what the crime is, the police are largely in no position to prevent it. They can respond to it, or intervene in it. The basic fact is that there are times and places where calling 911 will not get someone to you soon enough. It may be that there are too many officers deployed elsewhere or just not enough. Or it may be that a natural disaster has created a situation where help just cannot get to you. I believe I mentioned that when the hurricane struck last year, I realized very concretely that there was no way the police could ever respond to a call about a robbery or assault in the neighborhood where I lived. The flooding would have prevented them. For these reasons, I am thoroughly in favor of citizens having the means to defend themselves and their property. The police CANNOT protect you. They can only investigate and act after the fact except in rare circumstances.