PDA

View Full Version : Democrats find God

Dilloduck
06-04-2007, 08:12 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070605/ap_on_el_pr/democrats_religion

WASHINGTON - In a rare public discussion of her husband's infidelity, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday that she probably could not have gotten through her marital troubles without relying on her faith in God.

Clinton stood by her actions in the aftermath of former President Clinton's admission that he had an affair, including presumably her decision to stay in the marriage.

"I am very grateful that I had a grounding in faith that gave me the courage and the strength to do what I thought was right, regardless of what the world thought," Clinton said during a forum where the three leading Democratic presidential candidates talked about faith and values.

"I'm not sure I would have gotten through it without my faith," she said.

The forum, sponsored by the liberal Sojourners/Call to Renewal evangelical organization, provided an uncommon glimpse into the most personal beliefs of Clinton and rivals John Edwards and Barack Obama (news, bio, voting record). The most intimate question came about the Clintons' relationship, one of the world's most debated marriages but one that the husband and wife rarely speak openly about.

More in the article if you can stand it

Hugh Lincoln
06-04-2007, 08:35 PM
I probably couldn't. What an absolutely transparent CROCK. Hillary doesn't believe in God, she believes in Hillary-as-God. I can't believe the nakedness of the strategy of turning this big liability into a road to Damascus moment. For God's sake, please don't be fooled that this cold bitch even believes in God.

Dilloduck
06-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I probably couldn't. What an absolutely transparent CROCK. Hillary doesn't believe in God, she believes in Hillary-as-God. I can't believe the nakedness of the strategy of turning this big liability into a road to Damascus moment. For God's sake, please don't be fooled that this cold bitch even believes in God.

Amazing seeing them pander so blatantly. And they thought campaign finance reform was gonig to restore our faith in the American "system". Damn we're a sicko country.

darin
06-05-2007, 07:28 AM
wow. There's such a little chance of Hillary actually having faith in God it's funny.

theHawk
06-05-2007, 07:48 AM
I suppose "God" told her to fight for abortion rights too.

Gaffer
06-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Her decision to stay with BJ was purely political. She couldn't run for president as a divorcee. She needs the appearance of a marriage and the help of BJ to make speeches for her. If she ever gets out of politics watch how quickly she dumps slick.

glockmail
06-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Her decision to stay with BJ was purely political. She couldn't run for president as a divorcee. She needs the appearance of a marriage and the help of BJ to make speeches for her. If she ever gets out of politics watch how quickly she dumps slick.

They'll never get divorced. Don't forget the "legacy" thing. Their fake marraige will continue as it has until one of them is dead.

Psychoblues
06-07-2007, 08:24 AM
This Democrat never lost GOD. Is your faith overwhelming your intellect?

LiberalNation
06-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Nearly every politician in America is a Christian along with most of the pop. Dems may take it to a less extreme then repubs in making policy but that doesn't mean they don't believe in God, good christian in your eyes or not.

Psychoblues
06-07-2007, 09:11 AM
It is the very fight for Christian domination of the World that will be the downfall of this nation, LN.

Nearly every politician in America is a Christian along with most of the pop. Dems may take it to a less extreme then repubs in making policy but that doesn't mean they don't believe in God, good christian in your eyes or not.

History does not lie. Check it out.

darin
06-07-2007, 09:23 AM
It is the very fight for Christian domination of the World that will be the downfall of this nation, LN.

How does it feel to be ALWAYS wrong?

You're wrong twice here:

First, you are wrong about a 'fight for Christian domination' which does not exist. You're very much like a Palestinian terrorist in that regard; See, Israel simply wants to live. Palestinians simply want to kill them. When Israel fights back, people whine and complain about Israel.

To come full circle with the example - MOST of popular secular culture wants to jail, silence, or eliminate Christianity because Christianity is 'true'. It's the ONLY way to God. When something HAPPENS to go the way of the Christians, say, in a court of law, people whine and complain about Christians wanting to 'take over' - when it's only about, and has ALWAYS been about Christians seeking the protection of the Constitution to practice their faith. To survive.

Now, there WILL come a day, sooner, IMO, rather than later, where Christianity will be outlawed in practice. We're already seeing Christians persecuted for their faith. But see, all that is SUPPOSED to happen. You evil folk think you're winning, when, in the end, you'll pay dearly for your hardening of your hearts.

The 2nd thing you're wrong about is the cause of the 'downfall' of this nation. If this nation falls it will be from the exact OPPOSITE cause. When this society is absolutely hardened against God, I believe God will remove it. God raises up and tears down nations...nobody, or nothing else.

Psychoblues
06-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Satisfy yourself on the thread at hand, dmp.

How does it feel to be ALWAYS wrong?

You're wrong twice here:

First, you are wrong about a 'fight for Christian domination' which does not exist. You're very much like a Palestinian terrorist in that regard; See, Israel simply wants to live. Palestinians simply want to kill them. When Israel fights back, people whine and complain about Israel.

To come full circle with the example - MOST of popular secular culture wants to jail, silence, or eliminate Christianity because Christianity is 'true'. It's the ONLY way to God. When something HAPPENS to go the way of the Christians, say, in a court of law, people whine and complain about Christians wanting to 'take over' - when it's only about, and has ALWAYS been about Christians seeking the protection of the Constitution to practice their faith. To survive.

Now, there WILL come a day, sooner, IMO, rather than later, where Christianity will be outlawed in practice. We're already seeing Christians persecuted for their faith. But see, all that is SUPPOSED to happen. You evil folk think you're winning, when, in the end, you'll pay dearly for your hardening of your hearts.

The 2nd thing you're wrong about is the cause of the 'downfall' of this nation. If this nation falls it will be from the exact OPPOSITE cause. When this society is absolutely hardened against God, I believe God will remove it. God raises up and tears down nations...nobody, or nothing else.

06-07-2007, 01:05 PM

Why do Democrats seem to think living your religion is extreme?

06-07-2007, 01:10 PM

This is exactly the point of the gay marriage movement. If gay marriage is accepted they will have the ability to legally persecute Christians. That is what it's all about. Mark my word, if its ever legalized you will see Christians persecuted like never before.

darin
06-07-2007, 01:16 PM
This is exactly the point of the gay marriage movement. If gay marriage is accepted they will have the ability to legally persecute Christians. That is what it's all about. Mark my word, if its ever legalized you will see Christians persecuted like never before.

I wonder if Christians could then claim there is a 'christian gene' and we're 'born this way'?

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 01:28 PM

I got sick after reading a couple lines. I hate people who try to play into the religious population by using the excuse that they found god or god helped them through it. She knew who she married when she married him, and she accepted it. It is a pure marriage of convience thats it.

Lightning Waltz
06-07-2007, 01:40 PM
I suppose "God" told her to fight for abortion rights too.

Just as "God" told Bush to bomb Iraq?

Kathianne
06-07-2007, 01:44 PM

I currently am not a Bush fan, but when did such occur? I mean I know he prayed about Iraq, for the mission and the troops and doing the right things and all, but when did he claim God spoke to him?

Lightning Waltz
06-07-2007, 01:53 PM
"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."
-- Bush

Kathianne
06-07-2007, 01:58 PM
"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."
-- Bush

Okkaaayyy, we are to take the word of a Palestinian Authority Prime Minister about what he says Bush said, and treat it as fact. :rolleyes:

The same ilk as raises the children in kindergarten to sing about being suicide bombers. Truly a great source. I bet you thought their using a Mickey Mouse look a like was a great idea too, the better to drag in more toddlers for jihad.

darin
06-07-2007, 01:59 PM
-- Bush

Before you jump to any conclusions, remember that you are reading a translation of a translation of a translation. Mahmoud Abas does not speak English. Bush does not speak Arabic. If Bush said these words, or something like them, Abas heard them from a translator. Then Abas repeated them, as he remembered them a couple of weeks later, in Arabic. Some unknown person wrote down what he thought he heard Abas say. Then Regular, or someone at Ha'aretz, translated them back into English-or perhaps first into Hebrew and then into English.

Clearly, we don't yet know what Bush said, or why.

(shrug)

Lightning Waltz
06-07-2007, 02:07 PM
It was first printed in Ha’aretz (Israel’s most reputable newspaper), and two different sources quoted him.

(shrug)

06-07-2007, 02:14 PM

Id have a much easier time believing God told Bush to remove a brutal dictator than God telling Hillary to fight to kill little children.

Kathianne
06-07-2007, 02:17 PM
It was first printed in Ha’aretz (Israel’s most reputable newspaper), and two different sources quoted him.

(shrug)
Gee Israeli papers cover area leaders? I wish the NYTimes would do so as well.

darin
06-07-2007, 02:19 PM

(shrug)

No - The story came out as I explained above. You're wrong.

theHawk
06-07-2007, 02:20 PM

Ahh of course, everything comes back to Bush. But in any case, are people who believe in God not supposed to ever fight against tyranny? Does God teach people to turn a blind eye to evil and let it continue to oppress? Maybe your god does, alot of other people have different beliefs.

Lightning Waltz
06-07-2007, 02:22 PM
No - The story came out as I explained above. You're wrong.

Actually, no, I'm not wrong. The same page that you quoted, had the information that I stated, as well.

Lightning Waltz
06-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Ahh of course, everything comes back to Bush. But in any case, are people who believe in God not supposed to ever fight against tyranny? Does God teach people to turn a blind eye to evil and let it continue to oppress? Maybe your god does, alot of other people have different beliefs.

Yeah, I don't believe in your "god".

Thank God I'm an atheist!

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 02:32 PM

:lame2:

Guernicaa
06-07-2007, 02:41 PM
I love how everyone on here thinks they really know what goes on in her head.

She is no more of a Christian faker than George Bush.
For some odd reason, very little progress has been made on ending abortions by this administration...
And do you want to know why? Because they dont care.

They tricked all of the Christians that only vote on abortion into forming these massive voting blocks.

darin
06-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Actually, no, I'm not wrong. The same page that you quoted, had the information that I stated, as well.

No - you are very wrong. What was quoted by the sources was the translation of a translation of a translation - NOT what The President 'actually' said. This is VERY basic; why do you fight it?

Lightning Waltz
06-07-2007, 03:12 PM
No - you are very wrong. What was quoted by the sources was the translation of a translation of a translation - NOT what The President 'actually' said. This is VERY basic; why do you fight it?

Do you need a refresher on what you are claiming that I said was "wrong"?

This is even MORE basic.

darin
06-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Do you need a refresher on what you are claiming that I said was "wrong"?

You claimed it was a valid quote because of two sources - yet it's two sources reprinting what somebody THINKS they heard somebody say the president said.

That's why it's wrong.

theHawk
06-07-2007, 03:20 PM

(shrug)

LOL "Israel's most reputable newspaper". Curious to know, what does your reputable source have to say about the USS Liberty?

Lightning Waltz
06-07-2007, 03:48 PM
You claimed it was a valid quote because of two sources - yet it's two sources reprinting what somebody THINKS they heard somebody say the president said.

That's why it's wrong.

No, it's two different sources who claim to have heard the president say it...and the newspaper that originally printed the quote.

Lightning Waltz
06-07-2007, 03:49 PM
LOL "Israel's most reputable newspaper". Curious to know, what does your reputable source have to say about the USS Liberty?

Better ask dmp. He used the same source. He just neglected to quote the part where it called that newspaper "Israel's most reputable newspaper".

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 03:53 PM
-- Bush

What planet are you from? :link:

darin
06-07-2007, 03:55 PM
No, it's two different sources who claim to have heard the president say it...and the newspaper that originally printed the quote.

Read the paragraph I posted - which warns alarmists like you to NOT take stock in the 'translation' or the 'quote'.

nevadamedic
06-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Read the paragraph I posted - which warns alarmists like you to NOT take stock in the 'translation' or the 'quote'.

Careful he might neg rep you, he just did me, I think I lost 1 point lol

eighballsidepocket
06-12-2007, 01:10 PM
If Hillary can find God.......then why not Paris Hilton?

Actually on a recent Bab's Walter's interview, wayward Paris has found God too. We'll see?
There's a very important biblical saying, about who's a Christian and who maybe is not.

You'll know it by the "fruit". "Fruit", meaning their lives, actions of their lives, etc..

When one become a Christian, there should be a progression in one's life towards a more Christlike behaviour, Godliness, or holiness of desires and actions.

I realize that we don't come out of the same cookie cutter, and some folks are slower than others, but the bible says that when we are Christians, we receive a new nature, and are no longer possessers of that old Adamic nature, but are now "in Christ" as the Holy Spirit now is in residence in our soul. The next phase in life is the unseating of ourselves as master and helsman of our lives, and letting Christ's life be at the helm, or allowing Him to really be who in reality He now is to us; Lord.

Hillary says she doesn't think much of the faith of those that wear it on the sleeves. I would take her to task for that one, as her and hubby while she was first lady, made quite a Sunday spectacle of themselves, as Bill carried a monstrous 10 pound King James bible up the steps of the Washington D.C. church on Sundays so everyone could see that he was a churchy, biblically based Prez.

Now on the other hand, Ronald Reagan interestingly, who also claimed to be a born again, biblical Christian, rarely attended Sunday church services while prez. Why? Well, I read an interesting book by his adopted son, Michael Reagan, called, "Twice Adopted". In that book, Mike's dad, said to him, near the end of his last presidential term that he/Ronald Reagan, couldn't wait to leave office so that he could go to church regularly again. Michael asked his dad why he was waiting? RR told his son that he feared for the people or congregation's safety, of the D.C. church or any city he might be in at the time and attending a church service. He was concerned that if he attended a public service and an attempt was made on his life, that innocent folks could be hurt.

He felt that after his presidential term was over, that his public movements would be less a problem and he could go back to attending regular church services with less chance of endangering those that attended services.

Now my question is; who is wearing the Christianity or religion on the sleeve. If you say RR, your just plain biased, blinded, in denial, or psychotically mad.

James says specifically in his epistle to the early church that many claim to have "faith", but if their faith doesn't have "actions" or "works" to demonstrate that the faith is real, then their faith should be suspicioned. That makes pretty good sense to me. Many Christians have interpretted that passage as meaning that we must do some work to be saved or to prove our salvation or being born again, but that isn't what James is saying. He's saying that true faith or salvation is evidenced by "fruit" and he means good "fruit" in one's life. It will naturally happen. Just as a good fruit tree can't help, but produce good fruit. Anyone remember when Jesus desired a fig from a fig tree, and the tree had produced not one fig. Jesus cursed the tree and immediately died/wilted. I think we saw something very symbolic about our own lives in respect to God and what He observes. Do we really have that new life from God through Christ? Are we "New", or are we still producing the old rotten fruit or none at all?

Carrying a 10 pound bible into the National Cathedral on Sunday isn't evidence of any good or bad fruit. It's just a display. What confirms Hillary's or Bill's, or Paris's true conversion or Christian faith is their works, their lives,..i.e. the fruit of their lives. Is or will it become more Christlike?

Now this will be very controversial, but I'll say it anyway. God loves Mothers, and women. He also loves babies, and children. God doesn't place more priority on the Mother's or women's life than He does the baby.

I have a very hard time equating Hillary's faith and "fruit" in her life with a stance that says it's ok to kill babies in the womb. Theres no where in the bible, or Jesus's teaching that says that Mom's or women have a right to their body over they baby they're carrying. In fact in true Christianity, we relinquish our rights and place them in God's hands. That includes our bodies.....everything we think we own or possess. Even our children are gifts from God, and we are stewarts with a great responsibility to raise them to love and venerate the one that created them.
Anyway, when folks start saying that they don't wear their faith on their sleeves, then I want those folks that don't,
to show me evidences of their faith that align with Jesus's teaching, and life. After all if you call yourself a Christian, then who is the very source for the moniker, "Christian", but Christ Himself. Are we to pick and pull or selectively reject that which Christ teaches or has displayed in His life according to our whims or discomforts? Carrying a baby full term is certainly not a merry-go-round, but a big sacrifice. Putting our own lives aside for another is exactly what Christ did in our place at the cross on a monumental scale.
I think the word, "hypocrite" comes to mind often as many of these politicians all start on the "I'm a Christian" mantra near election time.

I find that those who claim to be Christians, but live it out, rather than talk it so much have my interest and attention much more; of course in a positive/hopeful way.

Abortion is a dividing issue, and I really wonder what God thinks about the 1.5 million aborted baby humans per year that this alleged Christian nation allows under it's laws? It's a spiritual issue. Abortion is a sick, sinful, quick fix to a situation. So many human consciences are seared, through all kinds of explanations. It's not a human, it doesn't feel pain yet, or the epitome of them all.......A women's right to her body. If we truly believe in a Creator, are our bodies really ours to do as we please, to the detriment of others?

Well, the moment we give into sexual urge or conquest, we also make ourselves more accountable too; Christian or not.
Show me the "Fruit".........then I'll evaluate this person's claims of religiosity.

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2007, 01:13 PM

But it's ok when Bush uses his "faith" to stir-up his huge base of evangelical voters? Please.