PDA

View Full Version : 11-year-old boy suspended from school for merely TALKING about guns

Little-Acorn
06-05-2013, 10:46 AM
This kid dared to say that he's like to be able to defend his friends against bad guys... himself.

That's an attitude the liberal government cannot tolerate or leave alone. And it isn't going to.

Wait till this kid has to fill out his first Income Tax form, and/or apply for a tax exemption.

He hasn't even BEGUN to feel the pressure the state can bring onto him.

--------------------------------------

http://pro.wmal-af.tritonflex.com/common/page.php?pt=WMAL+EXCLUSIVE%3A+11-Yr-Old+Suspended+From+School+For+Merely+TALKING+About +Guns&id=26543&is_corp=0

11-Yr-Old Suspended From School For Merely TALKING About Guns

5:31AM Monday, June 3, 2013
Martin Di Caro
WMAL.com

OWINGS, MD -- The father of a middle schooler in Calvert County, Md. says his 11-year-old son was suspended for 10 days for merely talking about guns on the bus ride home.

Bruce Henkelman of Huntingtown says his son, a sixth grader at Northern Middle School in Owings, was talking with friends about the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre when the bus driver hauled him back to school to be questioned by the principal, Darrel Prioleau.

"The principal told me that with what happened at Sandy Hook if you say the word 'gun' in my school you are going to get suspended for 10 days," Henkelman said in an interview with WMAL.com.

So what did the boy say? According to his father, he neither threatened nor bullied anyone.

"He said, I wish I had a gun to protect everyone. He wanted to defeat the bad guys. That's the context of what he said," Henkelman said. "He wanted to be the hero."

The boy was questioned by the principal and a sheriff's deputy, who also wanted to search the family home without a warrant, Henkelman said. "He started asking me questions about if I have firearms, and [the deputy said] he's going to have to search my house. Search my house? I just wanted to know what happened."

No search was performed, and the deputy left Henkelman's home after the father answered questions in a four-page questionnaire issued by the Sheriff's Office.

Principal Darrel Prioleau did not respond to calls and emails seeking comment.

CSM
06-05-2013, 10:57 AM
This kid dared to say that he's like to be able to defend his friends against bad guys... himself.

That's an attitude the liberal government cannot tolerate or leave alone. And it isn't going to.

Wait till this kid has to fill out his first Income Tax form, and/or apply for a tax exemption.

http://pro.wmal-af.tritonflex.com/common/page.php?pt=WMAL+EXCLUSIVE%3A+11-Yr-Old+Suspended+From+School+For+Merely+TALKING+About +Guns&id=26543&is_corp=0

Martin Di Caro
WMAL.com

OWINGS, MD -- The father of a middle schooler in Calvert County, Md. says his 11-year-old son was suspended for 10 days for merely talking about guns on the bus ride home.

Bruce Henkelman of Huntingtown says his son, a sixth grader at Northern Middle School in Owings, was talking with friends about the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre when the bus driver hauled him back to school to be questioned by the principal, Darrel Prioleau.

"The principal told me that with what happened at Sandy Hook if you say the word 'gun' in my school you are going to get suspended for 10 days," Henkelman said in an interview with WMAL.com.

So what did the boy say? According to his father, he neither threatened nor bullied anyone.

"He said, I wish I had a gun to protect everyone. He wanted to defeat the bad guys. That's the context of what he said," Henkelman said. "He wanted to be the hero."

The boy was questioned by the principal and a sheriff's deputy, who also wanted to search the family home without a warrant, Henkelman said. "He started asking me questions about if I have firearms, and [the deputy said] he's going to have to search my house. Search my house? I just wanted to know what happened."

No search was performed, and the deputy left Henkelman's home after the father answered questions in a four-page questionnaire issued by the Sheriff's Office.

1. The bus driver is an idiot.
2. The principal is an idiot.
3. The sheriff's deputy is an idiot.
4. The Sheriff's Office is full of idiots.

I can only conclude that the this particular town in the state of Maryland has more than its fair share of idiots. I suppose that it was only a matter of time once a kid gets suspended for eating a pop tart into the shape of a gun that saying the word itself would have dire consequences. Such is the mentality of liberals; they are so open minded that everything just falls out!

Marcus Aurelius
06-05-2013, 11:25 AM
I would not have answered question one on any survey. None of their fucking business if I have a gun in my house, unless they have evidence I have one illegally and have a warrant to search, they get squat.

CSM
06-05-2013, 11:35 AM
I guess I also missed the age restriction in the Constitution as it applies to freedom of speech.

aboutime
06-05-2013, 01:14 PM
1. The bus driver is an idiot.
2. The principal is an idiot.
3. The sheriff's deputy is an idiot.
4. The Sheriff's Office is full of idiots.

I can only conclude that the this particular town in the state of Maryland has more than its fair share of idiots. I suppose that it was only a matter of time once a kid gets suspended for eating a pop tart into the shape of a gun that saying the word itself would have dire consequences. Such is the mentality of liberals; they are so open minded that everything just falls out!

CSM. All anyone had to say was the word Maryland. They have big problems there. In fact. Maryland could, and should be declared the "Political Correctness State". Has anyone listened to, or heard the Gov. of Maryland lately.
It's so bad there. His eyes, nose, and mouth all SLANT to the LEFT.

BillyBob
06-05-2013, 04:19 PM
People who love their children should homeschool them or find an alternative to government indoctrination.

Missileman
06-05-2013, 06:21 PM

Martin Di Caro
WMAL.com

The Depatee(think Gene Hackman---Mississippi Burning) would have needed to see a proctologist to retrieve his 4-page questionaire.

BillyBob
06-05-2013, 07:00 PM
I guess I also missed the age restriction in the Constitution as it applies to freedom of speech.

There isn't an age restriction on the 2nd Amendment, either.

I often wonder what the FF's had in mind concerning the protection of the Constitution and how it relates to juveniles.

Missileman
06-05-2013, 07:04 PM
There isn't an age restriction on the 2nd Amendment, either.

I often wonder what the FF's had in mind concerning the protection of the Constitution and how it relates to juveniles.

I think they would argue that parents get to decide what rights a child has until that child becomes an adult.

Abbey Marie
06-05-2013, 07:12 PM
What's next- thought police?

BillyBob
06-05-2013, 07:16 PM
I think they would argue that parents get to decide what rights a child has until that child becomes an adult.

I would expect the same. And I doubt a gunsmith asked for ID or proof of age from his young clients.

BillyBob
06-05-2013, 07:17 PM

That already exists in the form of 'hate crimes'.

Abbey Marie
06-05-2013, 08:32 PM
That already exists in the form of 'hate crimes'.

In a way, that can be said of any crime where motive is at issue. But I'd agree that the hate crime laws add an extra layer of culpability. I wonder which crimes are committed out of love and affection. ;)

BillyBob
06-05-2013, 08:42 PM
In a way, that can be said of any crime where motive is at issue. But I'd agree that the hate crime laws add an extra layer of culpability. I wonder which crimes are committed out of love and affection. ;)

The problem with 'hate crimes' is that there is a punishment for them in addition to the punishment for the 'regular' crime committed. So in every way, a person convicted of a hate crime gets punished for his thoughts specifically.

And how is hatred not protected by the 1st amendment?

Voted4Reagan
06-05-2013, 09:43 PM
The Kid deserves a trip to Disneyland....

I've had enough... I am contacting the head of the NRA and NAHC and find out how we can help these kids.

This is absurd.

Where is the ACLU in all of this??

Kathianne
06-05-2013, 11:45 PM

I think when a governmental agency asks people 'what they pray for' the above question become rhetorical, we're already there.