PDA

View Full Version : Army Punishes Soldier who Served Chick-fil-A

red states rule
06-06-2013, 01:34 AM
What the hell is happening to this country?:

An Army master sergeant was punished after he hosted a promotion party and served Chick-fil-A sandwiches in honor of the Defense of Marriage Act.
The unidentified soldier was reprimanded, threatened with judicial action and given a bad efficiency report, according to the Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty.

“They say he is no longer a team player and was not performing up to standards,” Chaplain Alliance Executive Director Ron Crews told Fox News. “This is just one little example of a case of a soldier just wanting to express his views and now he’s been jumped on by the military.”
The soldier’s story was included in a letter to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights documenting concerns about attacks on religious liberty within the Armed Services.

Last summer the soldier had received his promotion to master sergeant. The promotion coincided with a national controversy surrounding Chick-fil-A’s support of traditional marriage.

Crews said the soldier decided to hold a party to celebrate his new position. The invitations read, “In honor of my promotion and in honor of the Defense of Marriage Act, I’m serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches at my promotion party.”

After the party, the solider received a letter of reprimand. Crews said at issue was the combination of the sandwiches and the soldier’s support of DOMA (which happens to be the law of the land).

“There was initially some talk of bringing judicial punishment against him,” Crews said. “He had a letter put in his file and an investigation was initiated to see if he had violated any policy.”

The solider reached out to the Chaplain Alliance for help and they put him in touch with an attorney. Crews said nearly one year later – the soldier is still embroiled in a legal battle.

http://townhall.com/columnists/toddstarnes/2013/06/05/army-punishes-soldier-who-served-chickfila-n1613996

logroller
06-06-2013, 02:42 AM
In a military context, that standard forces us to ask whether or not free expression represents an imminent threat to the national interest. The national interest can take many forms, but for our purposes here it is generally synonymous with the ability of the armed forces to perform their wartime military mission. Senior officials, both military and civilian, agree that unlimited free speech is inconsistent with command, control, and military authority on which the armed forces are based and, therefore, must be restricted in some degree if the military is to maintain its capability for immediate and unified action.6 An army or navy whose members are allowed to spread internal dissension and disorder constitutes a hazard with perhaps as great a potential for danger to the country as a hostile foreign power.7 Thus, as an early legal commentator on military free speech states, "The national defense brooks no opposition and overrides many freedoms. . . even in peace time the military must act as if war were imminent, for new habits cannot be established on the day the balloon goes up. ..."8 It is a true paradox that the soldier, under certain circumstances, must sacrifice some of the liberties that he is called on to protect.http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/aureview/1980/may-jun/moran.html
dadt was done away with. Gays are in the military, openly so. Upon being granted a nco position, it's a bad idea to speak out on such issues in a printed invite to a I just got promoted party. It's potentially dissident. Is a judicial ruling necessary, I'd think not; but a reprimand, yes.

red states rule
06-06-2013, 02:46 AM
http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/aureview/1980/may-jun/moran.html
dadt was done away with. Gays are in the military, openly so. Upon being granted a nco position, it's a bad idea to speak out on such issues in a printed invite to a I just got promoted party. It's potentially dissident. Is a judicial ruling necessary, I'd think not; but a reprimand, yes.

Eh excuse me LR, DOMA is still the law of the land and that is what the man was supporting

No reprimand is needed is this case. Perhaps if the Army paid attention to REAL threats, like the terrorist bastard at Ft Hood, many people would still be alive

logroller
06-06-2013, 03:01 AM
Eh excuse me LR, DOMA is still the law of the land and that is what the man was supporting

No reprimand is needed is this case. Perhaps if the Army paid attention to REAL threats, like the terrorist bastard at Ft Hood, many people would still be alive
It's not the law of the military. Hence the paradox. Did you even read the quote I presented?

red states rule
06-06-2013, 03:05 AM
It's not the law of the military. Hence the paradox. Did you even read the quote I presented?

I would like to know what reg he violated. Seems to me like the IRS, the military is out to silence any different opinion no matter how trivial or private

Of course a Chick-fil-A (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?41214-Army-Punishes-Soldier-who-Served-Chick-fil-A) bag is a great way to piss off any liberal. I will slip out for lunch and eat at my desk. The looks I get from libs are priceless

logroller
06-06-2013, 03:17 AM
I would like to know what reg he violated. Seems to me like the IRS, the military is out to silence any different opinion no matter how trivial or private

Of course a Chick-fil-A (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?41214-Army-Punishes-Soldier-who-Served-Chick-fil-A) bag is a great way to piss off any liberal. I will slip out for lunch and eat at my desk. The looks I get from libs are priceless
I'll look for the reg; but private??? he sent invitations listing military advancement, DOMA and serving chik fil a sandwiches-- he enjoined his appointment to a position of officer with a political issue-- that's verboten, and for good reason: What if he was in charge of some gay soldier that heard about that and thus had some reservations about serving under him? That's detrimental to moral and cohesion. What the military does is operate under a code; you don't violate the code or people die. That's not a trivial matter.

red states rule
06-06-2013, 03:23 AM
I'll look for the reg; but private??? he sent invitations listing military advancement, DOMA and serving chik fil a sandwiches-- he enjoined his appointment to a position of officer with a political issue-- that's verboten, and for good reason: What if he was in charge of some gay soldier that heard about that and thus had some reservations about serving under him? That's detrimental to moral and cohesion. What the military does is operate under a code; you don't violate the code or people die. That's not a trivial matter.

I did not see anything in the story where he said anything bad about gays not did he say anything threatening about them if he were their CO

However, the Ft Hood terrorist had a long history of threats and the PC higher ups in the Army ignored them as they were afraid of looking "racist"

logroller
06-06-2013, 03:48 AM
Found this.

It is DoD policy to encourage members of the Armed Forces (hereafter referred to as “members”) (including members on active duty, members of the Reserve Components not on active duty, members of the National Guard even when in a non-Federal status, and retired members) to carry out the obligations of citizenship. In keeping with the traditional concept that members on active duty should not engage in partisan political activity, and that members not on active duty should avoid inferences that their political activities imply or appear to imply official sponsorship, approval, or endorsement, the following policy shall apply:http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/134410p.pdf

DOD defines "partisan political activity" as "activity supporting or relating to candidates representing, or issues specifically identified with, national or State political parties and associated or ancillary organizations." http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/militarylaw1/a/milpolitics.htm

red states rule
06-06-2013, 03:52 AM
Found this.
http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/134410p.pdf

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/militarylaw1/a/milpolitics.htm

So you cannot show your support for traditional marriage under threat of judicial action

but you CAN threaten to kill the infidels and recruit for terrorist groups and get a pass as not to cast the military as islamaphobic

Liberalism is totally f'ing up the military now like they have done to society

logroller
06-06-2013, 03:54 AM
I did not see anything in the story where he said anything bad about gays not did he say anything threatening about them if he were their CO

However, the Ft Hood terrorist had a long history of threats and the PC higher ups in the Army ignored them as they were afraid of looking "racist"
Oh geez rsr. Why else did he specifically mention he was going to serve chik fil a sandwiches? It's plain to see the implication was that he's against gay's right to marry-- a political issue.

This has nothing to do with ft hood. Completely irrelevant.

red states rule
06-06-2013, 03:58 AM
Oh geez rsr. Why else did he specifically mention he was going to serve chik fil a sandwiches? It's plain to see the implication was that he's against gay's right to marry-- a political issue.

This has nothing to do with ft hood. Completely irrelevant.

Did it ever occur to you he likes the quality of the food at Chik Fil a? Many people - including myself - do. You should try it sometime - it is well worth it

Alot of people are against gay marriage LR - including a majority of blacks

FT Hood show the clear double standard that exists in the military and it is deadly LR

logroller
06-06-2013, 03:59 AM
So you cannot show your support for traditional marriage under threat of judicial action
I can. I'm not in the military.

but you CAN threaten to kill the infidels and recruit for terrorist groups and get a pass as not to cast the military as islamaphobic

Seriously rsr, this thread is about gay marriage-- which has ample room for dissidence. Why bring up terrorism? It's irrelevant. Do try to stay on the topic of the OP.

logroller
06-06-2013, 04:09 AM
Did it ever occur to you he likes the quality of the food at Chik Fil a? Many people - including myself - do. You should try it sometime - it is well worth it
You got some boots on rsr, cause the shits getting thick. It might occur to me, were it not referenced to DOMA.

As for my trying their sandwiches, it just seems to work out that everytime I'm in the vicinity it's on a Sunday, and they're closed.

FT Hood show the clear double standard that exists in the military and it is deadly LR
Wow. Pulling out race too now. I've got you on the ropes. I do have boots on but not a cup, so I think I'll just agree to disagree.

red states rule
06-06-2013, 04:10 AM
I can. I'm not in the military.

Seriously rsr, this thread is about gay marriage-- which has ample room for dissidence. Why bring up terrorism? It's irrelevant. Do try to stay on the topic of the OP.

Sorry if having a private get together in support of traditional marriage is so offensive to some on the left LR. Once again we see the tolerance of the left on display

Terrorism? LR get with the program!!! It is "work place violence" according to Obama. So what if the Major was running around shouting "in praise of Allah" as he gunned down helpless and unarmed people? They must have done something to provoke him into doing what he did

red states rule
06-06-2013, 04:13 AM
You got some boots on rsr, cause the shits getting thick. It might occur to me, were it not referenced to DOMA.

As for my trying their sandwiches, it just seems to work out that everytime I'm in the vicinity it's on a Sunday, and they're closed.

Wow. Pulling out race too now. I've got you on the ropes. I do have boots on but not a cup, so I think I'll just agree to disagree.

Yes they are closed on Sunday because the owner is a Christian and believes that is a day of rest and worship

Pointing out the fact that a majority of blacks are opposed to gay marriage is not playing the race card. Remember CA voted against gay marriage and about 80% of blacks voted against gay marriage

Now you are acting like FU. Claiming victory when you have won nothing

logroller
06-06-2013, 04:14 AM
Sorry if having a private get together in support of traditional marriage is so offensive to some on the left LR. Once again we see the tolerance of the left on display

Terrorism? LR get with the program!!! It is "work place violence" according to Obama. So what if the Major was running around shouting "in praise of Allah" as he gunned down helpless and unarmed people? They must have done something to provoke him into doing what he did
It's not that it's offensive to the left rsr; it's that it's offensive to the uniformed code of the military; which, being uniform, isn't partisan. It's no wonder you can't comprehend.

red states rule
06-06-2013, 04:18 AM
It's not that it's offensive to the left rsr; it's that it's offensive to the uniformed code of the military; which, being uniform, isn't partisan. It's no wonder you can't comprehend.

Yes, anti gay marriage is offensive while threats of murdering the infidels is ignored

I see you are lasping into your angry liberal mode LR. We were having a civil discussion until the facts started to get to you and now your tolerance is starting to come to the surface

logroller
06-06-2013, 04:28 AM
Yes, anti gay marriage is offensive while threats of murdering the infidels is ignored

I see you are lasping into your angry liberal mode LR. We were having a civil discussion until the facts started to get to you and now your tolerance is starting to come to the surface
I'm angry from the Facts getting to me...like Blacks and infidels-- :laugh:
To be honest, even if this did bother me (and it doesn't) it's hard to be angry when I'm laughing out loud at your logical fallacies. This guy pulled a bonehead move and he's getting penalized for it. End of story. But keep up the comedy of errors.

red states rule
06-06-2013, 04:33 AM
Facts usually to do to you LR. But hang in there. Your buddy FU will be here soon to give you the help you so desperately need

Meanwhile, my girl is coming home and I need to get ready for the drive up to her place. Have a nice day LR

Or as nice a day as you can have given your sour and angry mood

logroller
06-06-2013, 04:48 AM
Facts usually to do to you LR. But hang in there. Your buddy FU will be here soon to give you the help you so desperately need

Meanwhile, my girl is coming home and I need to get ready for the drive up to her place. Have a nice day LR

Or as nice a day as you can have given your sour and angry mood
I don't know why you feel the need to lie about me-- It's quite unbecoming. Have a good time with your "girl", your secret's safe with me. ;)

Marcus Aurelius
06-06-2013, 08:30 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by logroller http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=644193#post644193)

yes, we all know already that anyone who doesn't agree with you is an angry liberal or kissing Obama's ass. :rolleyes:

red states rule
06-06-2013, 08:51 AM
I don't know why you feel the need to lie about me-- It's quite unbecoming. Have a good time with your "girl", your secret's safe with me. ;)

LR I knew you were a liberal but not a far left loon. My girl is coming home today from the hospital and I am here now moving furniture and gettting the place ready for her

While I am sure you think it is cute to make jokes about a person trying to recover from having both knees replaced - I do not

Lord knows I will make jokes if one of your family members has surgery and has an extensive schedule of rehab and recovery time

I guess your previous post is another examle of your tolerance

red states rule
06-06-2013, 08:52 AM
yes, we all know already that anyone who doesn't agree with you is an angry liberal or kissing Obama's ass. :rolleyes:

Get up on the wrong side of the slab this morning Marcus?

BillyBob
06-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Get up on the wrong side of the slab this morning Marcus?

His boyfriend made him sleep on the couch last night.

BillyBob
06-06-2013, 09:19 AM
So when did chicken sandwiches stop being just chicken sandwiches?

Answer: When pine trees stopped being pine trees.

The world has gone completely mad.

jimnyc
06-06-2013, 09:33 AM
He defied the military and offered up chicken sandwiches? It's clear then, waterboard the traitorous bastard!

Don't we have a waterboarding smiley? Need one! :dunno:

red states rule
06-06-2013, 09:54 AM
He defied the military and offered up chicken sandwiches? It's clear then, waterboard the traitorous bastard!

Don't we have a waterboarding smiley? Need one! :dunno:

No, simply put him is solitary confinement and pump MSNBC programming into the cell 24/7

Or endless Obama speeches

Or the soundtrack from a gay pride parade

Sooner or later he will crack. It may take a few days - but he will crack

cadet
06-06-2013, 10:31 AM

Nothing. The military has ALWAYS been this way. Any time a military member makes it big on something political, they're punished.
The only political thing a military member should do is pro military and remembering POW and MIA.

Your freedom of speech is not really there when you're in the military. You have to worry about offending ANY other member of the armed forces. That's why it's a general rule to not bring up politics to your bunk mate.

So, before you read too far into the story, he's not in trouble for liking that gays can't marry, he's in trouble for hurting someones' feelings and getting involved in politics.

A military member isn't supposed to pick sides. They're american's first. Religious second, and politics.... I'm pretty sure that's near the 50th mark.

red states rule
06-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Nothing. The military has ALWAYS been this way. Any time a military member makes it big on something political, they're punished.
The only political thing a military member should do is pro military and remembering POW and MIA.

Your freedom of speech is not really there when you're in the military. You have to worry about offending ANY other member of the armed forces. That's why it's a general rule to not bring up politics to your bunk mate.

So, before you read too far into the story, he's not in trouble for liking that gays can't marry, he's in trouble for hurting someones' feelings and getting involved in politics.

A military member isn't supposed to pick sides. They're american's first. Religious second, and politics.... I'm pretty sure that's near the 50th mark.

Hurting feelings? Now the US military is now an experiment in the liberal's social lab

OMG our enemies are loving this

BillyBob
06-06-2013, 10:34 AM

A Christian is a Christian first. Everything else comes after that.

red states rule
06-06-2013, 10:40 AM

and a liberal is a liberal first. Party comes before everything else - nothing matters but raw political power

cadet
06-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Hurting feelings? Now the US military is now an experiment in the liberal's social lab

OMG our enemies are loving this

The military is and always has been separated by average citizens. You end up giving up quite a few rights to serve your county. Haven't you EVER looked into how the military works?

Join the military, the reason you're christian second there is just in case your bunk mate is muslim. You really want him protecting your back if you guys hate each other cause you keep bringing up faith?

BillyBob
06-06-2013, 10:43 AM
and a liberal is a liberal first. Party comes before everything else - nothing matters but raw political power

That explains why libs aren't christians.

red states rule
06-06-2013, 10:49 AM
The military is and always has been separated by average citizens. You end up giving up quite a few rights to serve your county. Haven't you EVER looked into how the military works?

Join the military, the reason you're christian second there is just in case your bunk mate is muslim. You really want him protecting your back if you guys hate each other cause you keep bringing up faith?

As far as I can tell, he did not threaten anyone. He did buy food from the forbidden list of libs everywhere which is probably the real reason the went after him

This country is heading south faster then I thought

BillyBob
06-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Join the military,

I'm too old.

the reason you're christian second there is just in case your bunk mate is muslim. You really want him protecting your back if you guys hate each other cause you keep bringing up faith?

I don't want a muslim anywhere near me.

These guys don't seem to be afraid of their religion.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Evangelical-Christian-SOLDIERS-PRAYING-large570.jpg

Marcus Aurelius
06-06-2013, 10:50 AM

tell that to these guys, dumb ass...

http://www.thechristianleft.org/

http://www.liberalslikechrist.org/default.html

http://www.jesusisaliberal.org/Liberal_Christian.html

BillyBob
06-06-2013, 10:52 AM
As far as I can tell, he did not threaten anyone. He did buy food from the forbidden list of libs everywhere which is probably the real reason the went after him

This country is heading south faster then I thought

If he would have purchased BBQ Pork sandwiches, the muslims would have been pissed.

There is no winning against the PC crowd other than to tell the to go F themselves.

BillyBob
06-06-2013, 10:57 AM
tell that to these guys, dumb ass...

http://www.thechristianleft.org/

http://www.liberalslikechrist.org/default.html

http://www.jesusisaliberal.org/Liberal_Christian.html

See, as usual, you can't follow a conversation. I mentioned quite accurately that a Christian is a Christian first, everything else comes after that. Then it was said that for libs, liberalism comes first, everything else comes after that.

So logically, libs can't be Christians.

If that's too difficult for you to understand, loan me some of your crayons and color you a nice picture. :)

cadet
06-06-2013, 10:59 AM
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/militarylaw1/a/milpolitics_3.htm

Can - Register, vote, and express a personal opinion on political candidates and issues, but not as a representative of the Armed Forces.
Can - Promote and encourage other military members to exercise their voting franchise, if such promotion does not constitute an attempt to influence or interfere with the outcome of an election.
Can - Join a political club and attend its meetings when not in uniform.
Can - Serve as an election official, if such service is not as a representative of a partisan political party, does not interfere with the performance of military duties, is performed when not in uniform, and the Secretary concerned has given prior approval. The Secretary concerned may NOT delegate the authority to grant or deny such permission.
Can - Sign a petition for specific legislative action or a petition to place a candidate's name on an official election ballot, if the signing does not obligate the member to engage in partisan political activity and is done as a private citizen and not as a representative of the Armed Forces.
Can - Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper expressing the member’s personal views on public issues or political candidates, if such action is not part of an organized letter-writing campaign or a solicitation of votes for or against a political party or partisan political cause or candidate. If the letter identifies the member as on active duty (or if the member is otherwise reasonably identifiable as a member of the Armed Forces), the letter should clearly state that the views expressed are those of the individual only and not those of the Department of Defense.
Can - Make monetary contributions to a political organization, party, or committee favoring a particular candidate or slate of candidates, subject to the limitations of law.
Can - Display a political sticker on the member's private vehicle.
Can - Attend partisan and nonpartisan political fundraising activities, meetings, rallies, debates, conventions, or activities as a spectator when not in uniform and when no inference or appearance of official sponsorship, approval, or endorsement can reasonably be drawn.
Can - Participate fully in the Federal Voting Assistance Program.

Cannot - Participate in partisan political fundraising activities, rallies, conventions (including making speeches in the course thereof), management of campaigns, or debates, either on one’s own behalf or on that of another, without respect to uniform or inference or appearance of official sponsorship, approval, or endorsement. Participation includes more than mere attendance as a spectator.
Cannot - Use official authority or influence to interfere with an election, affect the course or outcome of an election, solicit votes for a particular candidate or issue, or require or solicit political contributions from others.
Cannot -Allow or cause to be published partisan political articles, letters, or endorsements signed or written by the member that solicits votes for or against a partisan political party, candidate, or cause. However, letters to the editor are allowed.
Cannot - Serve in any official capacity with or be listed as a sponsor of a partisan political club.
Cannot - Speak before a partisan political gathering, including any gathering that promotes a partisan political party, candidate, or cause.
Cannot - Participate in any radio, television, or other program or group discussion as an advocate for or against a partisan political party, candidate, or cause.
Cannot - Conduct a political opinion survey under the auspices of a partisan political club or group or distribute partisan political literature.
Cannot - Perform clerical or other duties for a partisan political committee or candidate during a campaign, on an election day, or after an election day during the process of closing out a campaign.
Cannot - Solicit or otherwise engage in fundraising activities in Federal offices or facilities, including military reservations, for any political cause or candidate.
Cannot - March or ride in a partisan political parade.
Cannot - Display a large political sign, banner, or poster (as distinguished from a bumper sticker) on a private vehicle.
Cannot - Display a partisan political sign, poster, banner, or similar device visible to the public at one’s residence on a military installation, even if that residence is part of a privatized housing development.
Cannot - Participate in any organized effort to provide voters with transportation to the polls if the effort is organized by or associated with a partisan political party, cause, or candidate.
Cannot - Sell tickets for or otherwise actively promote partisan political dinners and similar fundraising events.
Cannot - Attend partisan political events as an official representative of the Armed Forces, except as a member of a joint Armed Forces color guard at the opening ceremonies of the national conventions of the Republican, Democratic, or other political parties recognized by the Federal Elections Committee or as otherwise authorized by the Secretary concerned.
Cannot - Make a campaign contribution to, or receive or solicit (on one’s own behalf) a campaign contribution from, any other member of the Armed Forces on active duty.
Cannot - Any activity that may be reasonably viewed as directly or indirectly associating the Department of Defense or the Department of Homeland Security (in the case of the Coast Guard) or any component of these Departments with a partisan political activity or is otherwise contrary to the spirit and intention of this Directive shall be avoided.

Cannot - Hold civil office in the federal government, if that office:

is an elective office.
Requires an appointment by the President by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, or
Is a position on the executive schedule under sections 5312 through 5317 of title 5, U.S.C.

This prohibition does not apply to retired and reserve members who have been called to active duty for a period of 270 days or less, as long as the office does not interfere with military duties. If the retired or reserve members receives orders which state active duty recall will be for more than 270 days, the prohibition begins on day one of active duty.
A member on active duty may hold or exercise the functions of a civil office in the U.S. Government that does not fall into one of the three categories described above, including when assigned or detailed to such office to perform such functions, provided there is no interference with military duties.
Cannot - Hold local civil office (state, county, city), with the following two exceptions:
Any enlisted member may seek, hold, and exercise the functions of nonpartisan civil office as a notary public or member of a school board, neighborhood planning commission, or similar local agency, provided that the office is held in a non-military capacity and there is no interference with the performance of military duties.
Any officer may seek, hold, and exercise the functions of a nonpartisan civil office on an independent school board that is located exclusively on a military reservation, provided that the office is held in a non-military capacity and there is no interference with the performance of military duties.
Again, this prohibition does not apply to retired and reserve members who have been called to active duty for a period of 270 days or less, as long as the office does not interfere with military duties. If the retired or reserve members receives orders which state active duty recall will be for more than 270 days, the prohibition begins on day one of active duty.

Marcus Aurelius
06-06-2013, 11:03 AM
See, as usual, you can't follow a conversation. I mentioned quite accurately that a Christian is a Christian first, everything else comes after that. Then it was said that for libs, liberalism comes first, everything else comes after that.

So logically, libs can't be Christians.

If that's too difficult for you to understand, loan me some of your crayons and color you a nice picture. :)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by BillyBob http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=644281#post644281)

I posted 3 links proving libs can be Christians. You're simply not smart enough to understand when you're wrong, dunsel.

red states rule
06-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Cadet, it is also obvious if you are a Muslim (a protected class in the US military) you may express your hate for America; recruit others to be terrorists; express a desire to kil Americans - and the US military does NOTHING. (I do think he was promtoed however)

But offer an opinion regarding a social issue you are treated like trash despite a spotless record

BillyBob
06-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Cannot - Participate in partisan political fundraising activities, rallies, conventions (including making speeches in the course thereof), management of campaigns, or debates, either on one’s own behalf or on that of another, without respect to uniform or inference or appearance of official sponsorship, approval, or endorsement. Participation includes more than mere attendance as a spectator.

Maybe those rules didn't apply 30 years ago when Bush helped a campaign while still in the NG.

In late 1972 and early 1973, he drilled (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Assembly) with the 187th Fighter Wing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/187th_Fighter_Wing) of the Alabama Air National Guard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama_Air_National_Guard), having moved to Montgomery, Alabama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montgomery,_Alabama) to work on the unsuccessful U.S. Senate campaign of RepublicanWinton M. Blount (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winton_M._Blount). He was honorably discharged from the Air Force Reserve on November 21, 1974-wiki

cadet
06-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Cadet, it is also obvious if you are a Muslim (a protected class in the US military) you may express your hate for America; recruit others to be terrorists; express a desire to kil Americans - and the US military does NOTHING. (I do think he was promtoed however)

But offer an opinion regarding a social issue you are treated like trash despite a spotless record

Just a point of inquiry, I'm pretty sure that over the few years I've been on here I've proved myself to be a devout christian and libertarian. Not only that, but highly respectful of our troops.

I just find it hard to understand that you could think that a military member could make a political stance and not get shit for it. They're representing the entire military when they do something stupid like that. And some in the military, don't want to be represented like that.

Abbey Marie
06-06-2013, 11:18 AM

I'd like to know if a gay soldier had an "In Support of Gay Marriage" party, and maybe handed out Amyl Nitrates, would he have received the same treatment?

BillyBob
06-06-2013, 11:19 AM
I posted 3 links proving libs can be Christians. You're simply not smart enough to understand when you're wrong, dunsel.

So you're saying that Red States Rule is wrong when he said that libs put their party first above all else?

red states rule
06-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Just a point of inquiry, I'm pretty sure that over the few years I've been on here I've proved myself to be a devout christian and libertarian. Not only that, but highly respectful of our troops.

I just find it hard to understand that you could think that a military member could make a political stance and not get shit for it. They're representing the entire military when they do something stupid like that. And some in the military, don't want to be represented like that.

What is more troubling? An enlisted man having a private get together with friends to support an existing law?

Or a Muslim Major gunning down unarmed people?

Seems to me there is more outrage over the Master Sgt then the terrorist bastard

and that is sad to see

Abbey Marie
06-06-2013, 11:21 AM
So you're saying that Red States Rule is wrong when he said that libs put their party fist above all else?

It's not usually good to over-generalize, but when they started defending Kermit Gosnell, that became glaringly obvious.

red states rule
06-06-2013, 11:21 AM
I'd like to know if a gay soldier had an "In Support of Gay Marriage" party, and maybe handed out Amyl Nitrates, would he have received the same treatment?

Hell no

He or she would have gotten a comendation and promotion for showing such courage Abbey

BillyBob
06-06-2013, 11:24 AM

Maybe not amyl nitrates, but I bet he could have given away brightly colored condoms without any problem

So:

Chicken sandwiches bad. Condoms for gays good.

jimnyc
06-06-2013, 11:24 AM

Good question. I've seen on quite a few occasions now, where women or men have been in uniform while protesting or marching for equal rights for queers. If they can champion and support one side, then surely the other side can do the same. Either that, or equally punish all.

red states rule
06-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Good question. I've seen on quite a few occasions now, where women or men have been in uniform while protesting or marching for equal rights for queers. If they can champion and support one side, then surely the other side can do the same. Either that, or equally punish all.

Perhaps Liberal Nation could let us know

I am sure she has first hand knowledge on that topic

jimnyc
06-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Perhaps Liberal Nation could let us know

I am sure she has first hand knowledge on that topic

I wonder if she is still going through with her service? She bailed from here when I shut down her "diary" where she talked some serious vile filth about herself and her girlfriend.

BillyBob
06-06-2013, 11:46 AM
I wonder if she is still going through with her service? She bailed from here when I shut down her "diary" where she talked some serious vile filth about herself and her girlfriend.

Link???

jimnyc
06-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Link???

Enjoy, it's 70 pages long!! Lotsa fun lesbian stuff and talk of her "using" the military for her own personal gain. The gross crap is towards the end.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?1246-Rant-of-the-week

Marcus Aurelius
06-06-2013, 11:54 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=644293#post644293)

So you're saying that Red States Rule is wrong when he said that libs put their party first above all else?

No, Dunsel. I'm saying you are wrong for saying liberals cannot be Christians. You can move the goal posts or make false claims as to what I said all you like, but you're still wrong, Dunsel.

YOU claimed liberals cannot be Christians, I posted links proving they can. Again, your infinitesimally small brain cannot process the fact you were proven wrong, by me, so you try to change things around to make yourself look right.

YOU FAIL. As usual.

red states rule
06-06-2013, 11:55 AM

Given how the military is protecting gays - she may be a officer by now Jim

BillyBob
06-06-2013, 11:56 AM
No, Dunsel. I'm saying you are wrong for saying liberals cannot be Christians. You can move the goal posts or make false claims as to what I said all you like, but you're still wrong, Dunsel.

YOU claimed liberals cannot be Christians, I posted links proving they can. Again, your infinitesimally small brain cannot process the fact you were proven wrong, by me, so you try to change things around to make yourself look right.

YOU FAIL. As usual.

You prove once again that you cannot follow a simple discussion. Seen it a million times already.

BillyBob
06-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Enjoy, it's 70 pages long!! Lotsa fun lesbian stuff and talk of her "using" the military for her own personal gain. The gross crap is towards the end.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?1246-Rant-of-the-week

LOL! Thanks, that'll save me some time.

DragonStryk72
06-06-2013, 12:42 PM

except that it is still a political statement at a military function. Sorry, but thems the breaks of being in the military. You don't get to just pop off when and how you want in the military, period.

Commands usually have political topics that are off limits, especially divisive ones such as the DOMA. We all know this is the case, but there's always one dips hit who thinks he's special.

red states rule
06-06-2013, 12:50 PM
except that it is still a political statement at a military function. Sorry, but thems the breaks of being in the military. You don't get to just pop off when and how you want in the military, period.

Commands usually have political topics that are off limits, especially divisive ones such as the DOMA. We all know this is the case, but there's always one dips hit who thinks he's special.

As I said, more outrage over this then the Muslim who killed 14 people

NOthing more divisive then murdering people and yelling "in the name Allah"

Of course if you a a Muslim or gay in today's US military you ARE special in the eyes of the brass

Abbey Marie
06-06-2013, 01:20 PM

Of course if you a a Muslim or gay in today's US military you ARE special in the eyes of the brass

Just wait until the employment discrimination suits hit. I should have gone into JAG when I had the offer.

aboutime
06-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Just a kind of personal overview for anyone who has any questions about military...if you have never served.

REMEMBER. Our Military is a Dictatorship. One set of rules for those in uniform, and those rules work to Defend a Constitution for

American civilians. BUT...That constitution, and all of the amendments are NOT open for discussion under the UCMJ, or Dictatorship by the Commander in Chief....who happens to be guilty of also IGNORING the Constitution.

fj1200
06-06-2013, 01:34 PM
... more outrage over this then the Muslim who killed 14 people

Incorrect. There is plenty of outrage but this thread isn't about that.

DragonStryk72
06-06-2013, 06:46 PM

so what, they're supposed to stop enforcing the UCMJ everywhere because one attack happened somewhere on the planet? Sorry, but that's a tactically horrible decision all around. Trust me, we have enough people in our military to pursue both. Yes, we can enforce the UCMJ, and fight the terrorists at the same time.

Actually, Military protocols are pretty standard regardless, so I don't even get the ire here. Gays and Muslims still have to accord themselves by uniform standards, so no PDA, just like usual, no wearing flamboyant clothing, just like usual, and no wearing a burkha or turban, as usual. The military is going according to the laws that are put down for it.

Abbey Marie
06-06-2013, 08:05 PM
No, simply put him is solitary confinement and pump MSNBC programming into the cell 24/7

Or endless Obama speeches

Or the soundtrack from a gay pride parade

Sooner or later he will crack. It may take a few days - but he will crack

Now, Red, you know that the visuals from a gay pride parade are enough to put anyone on a diet.

Robert A Whit
06-06-2013, 08:13 PM

That Sgt can't sue the Army either. If i am wrong, good. i hope he can sue the Army.

I was at my desk in Germany and Ist Sgt. Dodd at his desk in our orderly room and I got his attention.

I says to Sgt. Dodd, Sgt. Dodd, isn't it amazing we serve to protect people's rights but we don't enjoy those same rights?

He looks at me and says, Whit, you are talking like a god damned communist.

Can you imagine being in the Army but losing rights?

red states rule
06-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Just wait until the employment discrimination suits hit. I should have gone into JAG when I had the offer.

The PC crowd in the US military is updest over the Master Sgt bought his food.

http://dustinstockton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/chick-fil-a-meme.jpeg

red states rule
06-11-2013, 04:20 AM
More info has come out on this story. Seems the Master Sgt is not PC enough for his superiors

A member of the U.S. Army Band who said he was reprimanded for having anti-Obama bumper stickers on his personal car, serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches at a party and reading books written by conservative authors is now facing Article 15 charges – which cropped up shortly after he went public with his complaints.

Master Sgt. Nathan Sommers, a decorated soloist with the Army Band, is being charged under a federal law that permits commanding officers to conduct non-judicial proceedings for minor offenses.

Sommers is accused of giving a superior officer the wrong date for a doctor’s appointment. He’s also accused of failing to carry out an order. In order to comply with that order, Sommers would have had to disclose private information about his autistic son’s medical records.
The charges were handed down one day after Sommers told Fox News that he was facing discrimination and persecution because of his conservative political and religious beliefs.

“The timing does seem strange,” retired Navy Commander John Bennett Wells told Fox News. “It’s suspicious. No matter what’s happening it looks like a graduated attempt to build a case against him on some really ridiculous charges.

Wells is representing the 25-year veteran who, until last summer, had a spotless record.

The Military District of Washington disputed allegations that Sommers had been reprimanded or disciplined.

“The Soldier is not, and never has been, ‘facing retribution and punishment from the military for having anti-Obama bumper stickers on his car, reading books written by conservative authors like Mark Levin and David Limbaugh, and serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches at his promotion party,’” Public Affairs Director Michelle Roberts told Fox News in a written statement.

However, Wells said that’s simply not true – and he said he’s got official Army documents to support his claims.

”The MDW spokesman was either uninformed or was being disingenuous,” he said. “The counseling form clearly stated that he was being reminded of his limited ability to disagree with the President’s policies and implied that displaying the bumper stickers could lead to prosecution under the Hatch Act.”

He said the counseling form also reprimanded Sommers for tweeting about the Chick-fil-A party.

“The counseling form in itself is firm corroboration of the statements made by MSG Sommers to Fox News,” he said. “It also gives rise to the question of why the Army was data mining a soldier’s private tweets.”

http://townhall.com/columnists/toddstarnes/2013/06/10/soldier-who-read-conservative-books-now-faces-charges-n1617052

Gaffer
06-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Conservatives must be driven out of every thing. The military must be made loyal to the O and not the Constitution. They will be needed in the future to put down the insurrections that will be going on in this country. They have the education system, heath care and the media. They just need to insure they have the military to keep them safe.

Voted4Reagan
06-12-2013, 08:56 AM

I am with you on that RSR...

We all need to eat more Chix!

:lol:

BillyBob
06-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Conservatives must be driven out of every thing. The military must be made loyal to the O and not the Constitution. They will be needed in the future to put down the insurrections that will be going on in this country. They have the education system, heath care and the media. They just need to insure they have the military to keep them safe.

If you remove all the Conservatives from the military there won't be much left but a few bureaucrats and a handful of blacks who voted for Obama.

Gaffer
06-12-2013, 09:07 AM
If you remove all the Conservatives from the military there won't be much left but a few bureaucrats and a handful of blacks who voted for Obama.

Very true, but it's the next step in their take over and a very important one.

BillyBob
06-12-2013, 09:18 AM

YEs. But when all those conservative, well-trained soldiers defect to our side, we will have a formidable militia. And it's not like the soldiers are defecting, the government defected from the Constitution.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Conservatives must be driven out of every thing. The military must be made loyal to the O and not the Constitution. They will be needed in the future to put down the insurrections that will be going on in this country. They have the education system, heath care and the media. They just need to insure they have the military to keep them safe. Spot on my friend.. They already forced out all high ranking military officers that refused to sign onto firing on American citizens if the public turned on the government . Got that from a very good friend that knows. Tyr

Abbey Marie
06-12-2013, 12:28 PM

Not to worry. They are doing a bang-up job indoctrinating the next generation in our public schools (I mean re-education camps). They will be ready soon enough.

red states rule
06-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Not to worry. They are doing a bang-up job indoctrinating the next generation in our public schools (I mean re-education camps). They will be ready soon enough.

and work the rest of lives to pay the Chinese what they owe them, and where English is the secondary language behind Spanish