PDA

View Full Version : Prosecutor Has GWB AND BRAIN In His Sights

Psychoblues
06-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Wonder what the brain of gwb thinks about this?

George W Bush has seen off Al Gore, John Kerry and Saddam Hussein. But with the varnish fast disappearing from his administration, the president may finally be about to meet the man who could prove his undoing.

Preet Bharara is a 38-year-old Indian-American lawyer, who made his name prosecuting the bosses of the Gambino and Colombo crime families in New York.

Now the former district attorney has President Bush in his sights, as well as the man they call "Bush's Brain": Karl Rove, the president's chief political adviser.

Mr Bharara is spearheading the Democrat campaign to uncover corruption, mismanagement, incompetence and financial impropriety at the heart of the Bush administration.

Mr Bharara is already well on his way to claiming his first prominent political scalp through his role as senior counsel to the Senate Judiciary Committee, one of three bodies conducting inquiries into the sacking by the Bush administration of eight US lawyers.

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/20...

We shall see!!!!!!!!

Dilloduck
06-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Wonder what the brain of gwb thinks about this?

George W Bush has seen off Al Gore, John Kerry and Saddam Hussein. But with the varnish fast disappearing from his administration, the president may finally be about to meet the man who could prove his undoing.

Preet Bharara is a 38-year-old Indian-American lawyer, who made his name prosecuting the bosses of the Gambino and Colombo crime families in New York.

Now the former district attorney has President Bush in his sights, as well as the man they call "Bush's Brain": Karl Rove, the president's chief political adviser.

Mr Bharara is spearheading the Democrat campaign to uncover corruption, mismanagement, incompetence and financial impropriety at the heart of the Bush administration.

Mr Bharara is already well on his way to claiming his first prominent political scalp through his role as senior counsel to the Senate Judiciary Committee, one of three bodies conducting inquiries into the sacking by the Bush administration of eight US lawyers.

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/20...

We shall see!!!!!!!!

Oh great----- ( they know that Bush can't run in 2008 don't they? )

06-04-2007, 09:57 PM
you're link doesnt work.

btw if you cant uncover corruption after nearly 7 years. it probably doesnt exist.

Baron Von Esslingen
06-04-2007, 10:54 PM
you're link doesnt work.

btw if you cant uncover corruption after nearly 7 years. it probably doesnt exist.

It was easy enough to find.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/06/03/wuselec103.xml

If you can't uncover corruption in seven years it just means that republicans were hiding it for six of those seven years. Funny how we didn't know that the republican leadership was hiding a child predator in their midst for most of that time as well, eh? The truth eventually outs itself but only when folks are looking at jail time for lying about it.

stephanie
06-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Well...at least the Republicans get rid of their child predators, when they find him out...

The Democrats.........just reelect theirs..:poke:

Psychoblues
06-05-2007, 12:14 AM
staphy, you just ain't keeping up.

Well...at least the Republicans get rid of their child predators, when they find him out...

The Democrats.........just reelect theirs..:poke:

The predator as being discussed was re-elected by a Republican constituency several times even after his predatory behaviour was exposed to the Republican leadership. Poor ol' Mark Foley!!!!!! Name a single Democratic Representative that has been shown such political favoritism? OK?

Psychoblues
06-05-2007, 12:21 AM
There have been scandals, rumors of scandals and even many convictions of crooked Republicans for all of those years.

you're link doesnt work.

Imagine that!!!! Even though most investigations were refused by the puking legislators for 6 years and the Justice Department was stacked top to bottom with Republican Party operatives for all that time!!!!! The Justice Department is still stacked with the operatives but we now have a congress (about 5 months old) that seems to be doing very well for the American Peoples.

Thanks, BVE, for correcting that link.

stephanie
06-05-2007, 12:44 AM

The predator as being discussed was re-elected by a Republican constituency several times even after his predatory behaviour was exposed to the Republican leadership. Poor ol' Mark Foley!!!!!! Name a single Democratic Representative that has been shown such political favoritism? OK?

Okey dokey...

Gerry Stubbs
Studds was a central figure in the 1983 Congressional page sex scandal, when he and Representative Dan Crane were censured by the House of Representatives for separate sexual relationships with minors – in Studds' case, a 1973 sexual relationship with a 17-year-old male congressional page who was of the age of legal consent. The relationship was consensual (which made it legal, in accordance with state law) but presented ethical concerns relating to working relationships with subordinates.

During the course of the House Ethics Committee's investigation, Studds publicly acknowledged his homosexuality, a disclosure that, according to a Washington Post article, "apparently was not news to many of his constituents." Studds stated in an address to the House, "It is not a simple task for any of us to meet adequately the obligations of either public or private life, let alone both, but these challenges are made substantially more complex when one is, as I am, both an elected public official and gay." He acknowledged that it had been inappropriate to engage in a relationship with a subordinate, and said his actions represented "a very serious error in judgment."[2]

The House voted to censure Studds, on July 20 1983, by a vote of 420-3. While Studds has often been reported as having "turned his back on the House" as the House read its censure motion aloud,[3] contemporary reports made it clear that in contrast to Crane, who faced the House as the motion for his censure was read, Studds faced the Speaker who was actually reading the motion, with his back to the other members.[4] Also in contrast to Crane, who left the chamber after his censure, Studds rejoined the other members of the House after his censure was read.[4] In addition to the censure, the Democratic leadership stripped Studds of his chairmanship of the House Merchant Marine Subcommittee. Studds was later appointed chair of the House Committee on Merchant Marine and Fisheries. Studds received two standing ovations from supporters in his home district at his first town meeting following his congressional censure.[5]
Studds defended his sexual relationship with the minor as a "consensual relationship with a young adult." Dean Hara, whom Studds married in 2004, said after Studds' death in 2006 that Studds had never been ashamed of the relationship with the page. "This young man knew what he was doing," Hara said.[6] Numerous media outlets have repeated an erroneous story that the page appeared publicly at a press conference with Studds in support of him,[7] but the stories universally fail to specify the press conference's date or give the page's name. No such press conference appears to have actually taken place. Although Studds said he disagreed with the Committee's findings of improper sexual conduct, he waived his right to public hearings on the allegations in order to protect the privacy of those involved:

"...I have foremost in my mind the need to protect, to the extent it is still possible given the committee's action, the privacy of other individuals affected by these allegations," said Studds. "Those individuals have a right to personal privacy that would be inevitably and irremediably shattered if I were to insist on public hearings...."
Studds said that deciding not to have a hearing "presented me with the most difficult choice I have had to make in my life."[8]
and the page's name has apparently never been disclosed.

Studds was re-elected to the House six more times after the 1983 censure.
http://www.answers.com/topic/gerry-studds

over and out..:cheers2:

06-05-2007, 01:21 AM

wow.. already trying to rewrite history. Foley resigned the day his behavior was exposed. Unlike Democrats who did far worse and were not only reelected, but honored by their peers.

Baron Von Esslingen
06-05-2007, 02:05 AM
psssst... Phil Crane....

Psychoblues
06-05-2007, 02:06 AM
I never set out to be a history writer, a4321.

wow.. already trying to rewrite history. Foley resigned the day his behavior was exposed. Unlike Democrats who did far worse and were not only reelected, but honored by their peers.

But, we'll see how the history of the current rapists of American Values turns out. I probably won't be here to see much of it but my son tells me he will leave the paper on my grave.

stephanie
06-05-2007, 02:09 AM
psssst... Phil Crane....

pssssst.....?

Psychoblues
06-05-2007, 02:48 AM
:lol::lame2::link::finger3::cheers2::cool::clap::c offee::dance::laugh2:

pssssst.....?

Do I need to repeat that?

Psychoblues
06-05-2007, 02:50 AM
How about this?

:poke::slap::salute::fu::pee::lol::link::cheers2:: clap::salute:

Or do you ever get tired of them?

Psychoblues
06-05-2007, 02:51 AM
:pee::eek::2up::rolleyes::420::alcoholic::wine::de v2::flameth::gives:

stephanie
06-05-2007, 02:56 AM
:lol:You're on a roll tonight....Have fun...:poke:

Psychoblues
06-05-2007, 03:07 AM
Here's a few you might have missed, staphy.

:hitit::cow::boom2::bow3::bsflag::chillpill::lalal a::tank::thanks:

:lol:You're on a roll tonight....Have fun...:poke:

I'll have to get back with you for all the rest.

Psychoblues
06-05-2007, 03:09 AM
:lalala::tinfoil::wank2::ssex::stupid::puke3::rock ::splat::blues::p:lmao:

Psychoblues
06-05-2007, 03:11 AM
:rock::confused::dunno::wink2::read::uhoh::scared: :blowup::bang3::banana:

Psychoblues
06-05-2007, 03:22 AM
Aw, yes. Old Phil Crane.

psssst... Phil Crane....

The pukes certainly want to forget that old drunk. Not an honorable bone in his body. Hardcore Republican, however.

stephanie
06-05-2007, 03:22 AM
:rock::confused::dunno::wink2::read::uhoh::scared:

I think you missed a couple...

This one here:cuckoo:.....is fitting you right now...:laugh2:

Psychoblues
06-05-2007, 03:40 AM
You are so silly, staphy.

I think you missed a couple...

This one here:cuckoo:.....is fitting you right now...:laugh2:

I've missed a lot and I know it. You've missed far more and you don't have a clue.

Doniston
06-05-2007, 10:01 AM

The Democrats.........just reelect theirs..:poke: That is just plain nonsence and very inaccurate

Doniston
06-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Okey dokey...

Gerry Stubbs
Studds was a central figure in the 1983 Congressional page sex scandal, when he and Representative Dan Crane were censured by the House of Representatives for separate sexual relationships with minors – in Studds' case, a 1973 sexual relationship with a 17-year-old male congressional page who was of the age of legal consent. The relationship was consensual (which made it legal, in accordance with state law) but presented ethical concerns relating to working relationships with subordinates.

During the course of the House Ethics Committee's investigation, Studds publicly acknowledged his homosexuality, a disclosure that, according to a Washington Post article, "apparently was not news to many of his constituents." Studds stated in an address to the House, "It is not a simple task for any of us to meet adequately the obligations of either public or private life, let alone both, but these challenges are made substantially more complex when one is, as I am, both an elected public official and gay." He acknowledged that it had been inappropriate to engage in a relationship with a subordinate, and said his actions represented "a very serious error in judgment."[2]

The House voted to censure Studds, on July 20 1983, by a vote of 420-3. While Studds has often been reported as having "turned his back on the House" as the House read its censure motion aloud,[3] contemporary reports made it clear that in contrast to Crane, who faced the House as the motion for his censure was read, Studds faced the Speaker who was actually reading the motion, with his back to the other members.[4] Also in contrast to Crane, who left the chamber after his censure, Studds rejoined the other members of the House after his censure was read.[4] In addition to the censure, the Democratic leadership stripped Studds of his chairmanship of the House Merchant Marine Subcommittee. Studds was later appointed chair of the House Committee on Merchant Marine and Fisheries. Studds received two standing ovations from supporters in his home district at his first town meeting following his congressional censure.[5]
Studds defended his sexual relationship with the minor as a "consensual relationship with a young adult." Dean Hara, whom Studds married in 2004, said after Studds' death in 2006 that Studds had never been ashamed of the relationship with the page. "This young man knew what he was doing," Hara said.[6] Numerous media outlets have repeated an erroneous story that the page appeared publicly at a press conference with Studds in support of him,[7] but the stories universally fail to specify the press conference's date or give the page's name. No such press conference appears to have actually taken place. Although Studds said he disagreed with the Committee's findings of improper sexual conduct, he waived his right to public hearings on the allegations in order to protect the privacy of those involved:

"...I have foremost in my mind the need to protect, to the extent it is still possible given the committee's action, the privacy of other individuals affected by these allegations," said Studds. "Those individuals have a right to personal privacy that would be inevitably and irremediably shattered if I were to insist on public hearings...."
Studds said that deciding not to have a hearing "presented me with the most difficult choice I have had to make in my life."[8]
and the page's name has apparently never been disclosed.

Studds was re-elected to the House six more times after the 1983 censure.
http://www.answers.com/topic/gerry-studds

over and out..:cheers2: Yup, it's definitely "OVER" an you are definitely "OUT" of logic.

Do you realize that he was reelected BY THE PUBLIC OF HIS DISTRICT not by congress.??

Baron Von Esslingen
06-06-2007, 01:52 AM

Foley was in charge of watching over pages and had been for years. His behavior was known by most of the pages coming into Congress but left unsaid because the pages wanted the experience of serving their government. I'm not surprised that this went on for years because there was no real oversight by any of the GOP Congresses once Chimpy took over. And you hit the nail on the head, little Avatar: Foley resigned the day his behavior was exposed. He didn't resign before his little butt fucking plans became known because he was unethical and perverted as the day is long and the GOP leadership know about him AND COVERED IT UP.

I heard that Foley has a signed photo of Phil Crane in his living room... if he doesn't he should. Rightwing perverts do stick together.

stephanie
06-06-2007, 02:03 AM
Foley was in charge of watching over pages and had been for years. His behavior was known by most of the pages coming into Congress but left unsaid because the pages wanted the experience of serving their government. I'm not surprised that this went on for years because there was no real oversight by any of the GOP Congresses once Chimpy took over. And you hit the nail on the head, little Avatar: Foley resigned the day his behavior was exposed. He didn't resign before his little butt fucking plans became known because he was unethical and perverted as the day is long and the GOP leadership know about him AND COVERED IT UP.

I heard that Foley has a signed photo of Phil Crane in his living room... if he doesn't he should. Rightwing perverts do stick together.

Foley was not......even charged, censured.....only accused...

Keep up trying.......it ain't working....

Look at your all Gerry stubbs...
Hell check out Barney Franks...:poke:

National politics

1981, Congressional Pictorial Directory - Frank's first term as CongressmanIn 1979, Frank became a member of the Massachusetts Bar, before being elected to Congress in 1980. He was elected to fill the seat of Father Robert Drinan, who had been ordered to leave politics by Pope John Paul II. In 1982, redistricting forced him to run against Republican Margaret Heckler. An underdog, he focused on Heckler's support for President Reagan—and won by 20 percentage points. Since then, he has been re-elected consistently and easily. Frank is the current chairman on the Financial Services Committee.

Frank is a prominent figure in the liberal wing of the Democratic Party and has been outspoken on many civil rights issues, including gay rights. In 1987, he spoke publicly about his homosexuality for the first time. He said in a 1996 interview: "I'm used to being in the minority. I'm a left-handed gay Jew. I've never felt, automatically, a member of any majority."

In 1990, the House voted to reprimand Frank when it was revealed that Steve Gobie, a male prostitute whom Rep. Frank had befriended after hiring him through a personal advertisement, claimed to have conducted a prostitution ring from Frank's apartment when he was not at home. Frank had dismissed Gobie earlier that year and reported the incident to the House Ethics Committee after learning of Gobie's activities. After an investigation, the House Ethics Committee found no evidence that Frank had known of or been involved in the alleged illegal activity.[1] Gobie disputes Frank's account.

The New York Times reported on July 20, 1990 that The House Ethics Committee recommended "that Representative Barney Frank receive a formal reprimand from the House for his relationship with a male prostitute"[2] Attempts to expel or censure Frank failed; instead the House voted 408-18 to reprimand him. This condemnation was not reflected in Frank's district, where he won re-election in 1990 with 66 percent of the vote, and has won by larger margins ever since.
http://www.answers.com/topic/barney-frank-1

Baron Von Esslingen
06-06-2007, 02:15 AM
That's because, like Richard Nixon, he turned tail and ran before the law caught up with him. Imagine how many reformed drunks in America fell off the wagon after Foley "claimed" that alcohol made him do the shit he did... it's gotta be in the thousands. And the bad name he gave to drunks everywhere by blaming his perversion and abuse of power on his booze. Hell, Ulysses S Grant and Jack Daniels are spinning in their graves over that claim.

stephanie
06-06-2007, 02:19 AM
That's because, like Richard Nixon, he turned tail and ran before the law caught up with him. Imagine how many reformed drunks in America fell off the wagon after Foley "claimed" that alcohol made him do the shit he did... it's gotta be in the thousands. And the bad name he gave to drunks everywhere by blaming his perversion and abuse of power on his booze. Hell, Ulysses S Grant and Jack Daniels are spinning in their graves over that claim.

Ahaaaaaaaa. so I take it.......you are referring to BOTH PARTIES, that are as F@@ked up.....???

stephanie
06-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Yup, it's definitely "OVER" an you are definitely "OUT" of logic.

Huh?? what??

Do you realize that he was reelected BY THE PUBLIC OF HIS DISTRICT not by congress.??

Holy Moly.......Duh Mes??

stephanie
06-06-2007, 03:00 AM

puke:

Psychoblues
06-07-2007, 05:23 AM
The seriousness of your accusations and posts are well documented, staphy.

puke:

See above.