PDA

View Full Version : Ranger's off hand shot with .50 cal @ 1000 yds

SassyLady
06-06-2013, 11:45 PM
FLAT-OUT INCREDIBLE: FORMER ARMY RANGER’S UNBELIEVABLE OFF-HAND SHOT WITH .50-CAL RIFLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3BUnHiv6AA&feature=player_embedded

CSM
06-07-2013, 05:33 AM
Heck of a shot!

Jeff
06-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Sure wish I could shoot that well , man knowing those guys are on our side sure makes ya proud

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-07-2013, 10:12 AM
A wickedly beautiful shot, 3,000 feet away and the guy would be dead from an offhand shot. Our military has the best shooters in the world.....:salute:-Tyr

jimnyc
06-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Excellent! I would pay a LOT of hard earned money to watch that exact shot, with a filthy Muslim terrorist meeting his untimely demise on the other end. Reminds me of this reenactment of the sniper shot and the "pink mist". Muslim terrorists disappearing into a pink mist is a beautiful sight.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VvBiH8U5OuY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Excellent! I would pay a LOT of hard earned money to watch that exact shot, with a filthy Muslim terrorist meeting his untimely demise on the other end. Reminds me of this reenactment of the sniper shot and the "pink mist". Muslim terrorists disappearing into a pink mist is a beautiful sight.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VvBiH8U5OuY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe> I've seen that video four times before, so good I just watched it a fifth time!-Tyr.

Robert A Whit
06-07-2013, 08:23 PM
I have shot the .50 cal machine gun one time.

The range was no more than 100 yds. Got the target which was about 4x4.

In the Army, we were ordered to qualify with the BAR. The BAR wants to fire at least 3 rounds each time you pull the trigger. I was able to get 2 rounds off which helped my accuracy.

The bulls eye at 500 yds was about 12 inches. I put all but one shot in that bulls eye gaining me a record score at FT. Ord, CA.

I am saying when that guy shot that .5O cal, his telescope really helped him. I fired with open sights with no telescope. That 1000 yd shot is so hard to make I am in awe he hit the target.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2013, 10:42 AM
I have shot the .50 cal machine gun one time.

The range was no more than 100 yds. Got the target which was about 4x4.

In the Army, we were ordered to qualify with the BAR. The BAR wants to fire at least 3 rounds each time you pull the trigger. I was able to get 2 rounds off which helped my accuracy.

The bulls eye at 500 yds was about 12 inches. I put all but one shot in that bulls eye gaining me a record score at FT. Ord, CA.

I am saying when that guy shot that .5O cal, his telescope really helped him. I fired with open sights with no telescope. That 1000 yd shot is so hard to make I am in awe he hit the target. Sure the scope helped but have you ever tried to fire an offhand shot with a 35 pound weapon at a target 3000 feet away? Even with the scope that was an awesome shot..

Robert A Whit
06-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Sure the scope helped but have you ever tried to fire an offhand shot with a 35 pound weapon at a target 3000 feet away? Even with the scope that was an awesome shot..

That is why I said his shot was awesome. No way could I have done that when I was in the Army and peak condition.

With the BAR, we all were prone. At 1000 feet, the wind can keep you from hitting the target.

Hat's off to those snipers.

SassyLady
06-08-2013, 03:15 PM
For those of you who watch Top Shot, you might have recognized Colby Donaldson so I'm wondering if this was a segment for the next Top Shot series.

Robert A Whit
06-08-2013, 03:17 PM
For those of you who watch Top Shot, you might have recognized Colby Donaldson so I'm wondering if this was a segment for the next Top Shot series.

Where is that program?

That man is a special shooter. That weapon is unbelievably heavy. I would not try it.

SassyLady
06-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Where is that program?

That man is a special shooter. That weapon is unbelievably heavy. I would not try it.

I think it's on the History Channel. They were teaching the others how to use it laying down. I doubt anyone other than that Ranger would attempt the shot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Shot