PDA

View Full Version : FL Sheriff arrested for upholding the 2nd

revelarts
06-07-2013, 10:42 AM
http://guardianlv.com/2013/06/florida-sheriff-nicholas-finch-arrested-for-doing-his-job/
Florida sheriff arrested for defending Second Amendment

The residents of Liberty County, Florida heard the news Wednesday that their Sheriff was arrested for doing his job. Sheriff Nicholas Finch, 50, was booked into the Liberty County Jail around 5 pm Tuesday. Florida Governor Rick Scott has named Carl Causey to the post of interim county sheriff. Liberty County is situated in the Florida panhandle, about 40 miles west of the state capital, Tallahassee.
Finch is being charged with official misconduct. He was released from jail on his own recognizance shortly after being booked in.
The charge is related to an incident in March, in which a deputy sheriff arrested a resident of the county for carrying a concealed weapon. Finch made the decision to release the individual shortly afterwards. It is alleged that he then altered or destroyed paperwork relating to the arrest.

Finch has not commented on the matter himself, but his attorney, Jimmy Judkins, released a statement which read ”The records at the jail show exactly what happened in this case and the records speak the truth. The sheriff looked at the facts and said ‘I believe in the second amendment and we’re not going to charge him.’ That is not misconduct at all. That is within the Sheriff’s prerogative whether to charge someone or not.” It appears, therefore, that the Florida sheriff was arrested for doing his job.

Following the March 8th incident, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) served a search warrant at the county jail. A press release from FDLE announced the arrest yesterday. The case will go to the State Attorney’s Office, 2nd Judicial Circuit.
One Liberty County resident told WCTV “In my personal opinion he was doing his job and people didn’t like it.”

Carl Causey, who will replace Sheriff Finch – at least until July 4th – was the Assistant Special Agent in Charge for FDLE’s Pensacola Region. Prior to that, he spent 11 years with the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office. Finch was elected Sheriff of Liberty County in November 2012.

In February of this year, all 67 county sheriffs in Florida signed a pledge declaring that they would uphold the 2nd Amendment and protect people’s’ right to keep and bear arms. Sheriff Finch was a signatory to the pledge.

The Sheriff’s Association in the neighboring state of Georgia have made a similar pledge to protect the 2nd Amendment. A statement on the GSA website reads “The sheriffs took an oath to support the Constitution and will stand by the 2nd Amendment. The sheriffs will aggressively oppose federal or state legislation which infringes upon law-abiding citizens’ right to bear arms. Sheriff Clay N. Whittle of the Columbia County Sheriff’s Department, said during a radio interview “…we are not going to allow anyone to come into the State of Georgia and violate the Constitution or it’s Amendments, and that specifically carries with it defense of the Second Amendment.” Sheriff Whittle went on to explain the original purpose of the 2nd Amendment: ““The original signers of the Declaration (Constitution) wanted to make sure that people understood that it was about defense of the country against a tyrannical government.”

Sheriffs and police chiefs from across the country have voiced similar opinions. The case of Finch, the Florida sheriff arrested for doing his job, may be the opening shot in a battle between the politicians who wish to negate the 2nd amendment and the law enforcement officers who know that the presence of armed civilians makes their job easier, and who are determined to protect the rights of law-abiding citizens.

Written by Graham J Noble

same story local TV
http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Liberty-County-Sheriffs-Office--210152161.html?device=phone

Thank God for the Good local sheriffs,
Do the Sheriffs have the right to decide how to interpret the constitution? Or do they just obey orders?
What is the Highest law in the land?

Marcus Aurelius
06-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Please note before hand, I am a card carrying NRA member, and have been since I was 35.

Having said that, your thread title is a misrepresentation of the situation.

Two contradicting points in the article...

Point 1:

...his attorney, Jimmy Judkins, released a statement which read ”The records at the jail show exactly what happened in this case and the records speak the truth. The sheriff looked at the facts and said ‘I believe in the second amendment and we’re not going to charge him.’ That is not misconduct at all. That is within the Sheriff’s prerogative whether to charge someone or not.”
If all the sheriff did was decide not to charge the individual, then I fully support his actions and he was obviously within his legal rights as sheriff to make that call.

Point 2:

It is alleged that he then altered or destroyed paperwork relating to the arrest.
If the sheriff actually destroyed official police documentation regarding the arrest, then I do NOT support his actions, as that is NOT within his legal rights as sheriff to do.

Essentially, I'll wait for additional information before I make a decision on support for the sheriff or not.

The thread starter may now proceed to call me whatever colorful names he wishes for disagreeing with him.

revelarts
06-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Please note before hand, I am a card carrying NRA member, and have been since I was 35.

Having said that, your thread title is a misrepresentation of the situation.

Two contradicting points in the article...

Point 1:
If all the sheriff did was decide not to charge the individual, then I fully support his actions and he was obviously within his legal rights as sheriff to make that call.

Point 2:
If the sheriff actually destroyed official police documentation regarding the arrest, then I do NOT support his actions, as that is NOT within his legal rights as sheriff to do.

Essentially, I'll wait for additional information before I make a decision on support for the sheriff or not.

The thread starter may now proceed to call me whatever colorful names he wishes for disagreeing with him.

Can you be arrested for drinking water in public? NO
If you are arrested for something that is not a crime, is it wrong to remove it arrest from the record? when your the Chief law enforcement officer.
If it's not a crime then what's the problem remove the info? What is the legal imperative to keep an UN-Broken window arrest on the books?

Marcus Aurelius
06-07-2013, 11:18 AM
If you are arrested for something that is not a crime, is it wrong to remove it arrest from the record? when your the Chief law enforcement officer.
If it's not a crime then what's the problem remove the info?

closing the case & expunging the record, vs. destroying public records are two extremely different things.

Why destroy the records?(btw, no actual proof has been presented that this happened, but that is the contention in the OP so lets work with that for a moment).
If the sheriff declined to prosecute as is his legal right, and did nothing wrong or illegal in the process, destroying the records makes it 'appear' that there was some kind of coverup of something the sheriff was involved with in the case. Keeping the records intact is the best way to prove without a doubt that he did nothing wrong.

jimnyc
06-07-2013, 12:23 PM
If it's not a crime then what's the problem remove the info? What is the legal imperative to keep an UN-Broken window arrest on the books?

The information belongs to the public and the state. They should ALWAYS keep records, and might even be mandatory in some places, if not most. Keeping records in no way reflects on the other mans records if no crime was committed - but there was still police involvement, and the records should be preserved. Even if nothing was inappropriate, removing records gives the impression that they are hiding something.

Marcus Aurelius
06-07-2013, 12:25 PM
The information belongs to the public and the state. They should ALWAYS keep records, and might even be mandatory in some places, if not most. Keeping records in no way reflects on the other mans records if no crime was committed - but there was still police involvement, and the records should be preserved. Even if nothing was inappropriate, removing records gives the impression that they are hiding something.

You know, I think I heard that somewhere recently... ;)

jimnyc
06-07-2013, 12:44 PM
You know, I think I heard that somewhere recently... ;)

I swear, I got to Rev's response and hit the quote button, that's how I roll! But yeah, read yours after I posted, and was like "Ok, I'm a dick, I just repeated what the 'dumb ass guy' already wrote!" :lol:

Marcus Aurelius
06-07-2013, 01:00 PM
I swear, I got to Rev's response and hit the quote button, that's how I roll! But yeah, read yours after I posted, and was like "Ok, I'm a dick, I just repeated what the 'dumb ass guy' already wrote!" :lol:

Dumb ass...

:poke:

jimnyc
06-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Dumb ass...

:poke:

Reported your post! :beer:

Marcus Aurelius
06-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Reported your post! :beer:

:lame2: ya big cry baby.

fj1200
06-07-2013, 02:04 PM

I believe that you have unfairly judged rev; he's not one of those guys. :slap:

Do the Sheriffs have the right to decide how to interpret the constitution? Or do they just obey orders?

This story is lacking much in the way of color and facts IMO; it all seems out of the ordinary for FL and why was the original offender arrested if there was no case? Was he not licensed CCW? Since when does the sheriff decide to charge someone? They can arrest and detain but charge? Isn't that the prosecutor's office?

Nevertheless I don't think it's under the purview of the sheriff to decide what to enforce especially when it comes to State law. If there is clearly delineated rules and exceptions then he should work under that but a decision on what to enforce should not be his.

revelarts
06-07-2013, 02:19 PM

you mean like Purple Marcus

fj1200
06-07-2013, 02:24 PM
you mean like Purple Marcus

"Purple Marcus"? Them's fightin' words. :catfight:

revelarts
06-07-2013, 02:28 PM
"Purple Marcus"? Them's fightin' words. :catfight:

time for cage i'm thinkin.
where's that liberal mod , this thread should be shut down just becuase of the topic.
I think i hear the sound of terraforming

gabosaurus
06-07-2013, 04:24 PM
There a bad apples in every police force. Better to weed them out now before they influence the rest of the force. We don't need our police officers becoming lawless gun nuts.

Robert A Whit
06-07-2013, 04:28 PM
There is nothing nuts about your constitution including the second amendment.

Little-Acorn
06-07-2013, 04:42 PM

If the Sheriff just obeys orders...

Does his boss have the right to decide how to interpret the Constitution?

That's one of the standard dodges from big-govt leftists when they get caught breaking the law, whether the Constitution or a lower law. "You don't have the right to decide what that law actually means!"

The fact is, we all have that right. And the Constitution was written accordingly: In the plain language of its time, so that regular people can understand what it means.

Big-govt leftists hate that. The idea that people can be sovereign and decide things for themselves, is antithetical to the leftists' entire agenda.

Not the least because it eliminates any need for big-govt leftists!

jimnyc
06-07-2013, 04:44 PM

Neither of which gives a sheriff the authority to destroy documents. I also believe that once they are filled out, even if an investigation is closed, the documents now belong to the state. I don't think anyone at all is questioning the COTUS or the 2nd amendment.

Marcus Aurelius
06-07-2013, 04:47 PM

No one said there was numb nuts. Destroying the records, if it was done, is against the law. I know you're old, stupid and essentially senile, but at least make an effort to keep up if you're going to continue to post.

Robert A Whit
06-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Neither of which gives a sheriff the authority to destroy documents. I also believe that once they are filled out, even if an investigation is closed, the documents now belong to the state. I don't think anyone at all is questioning the COTUS or the 2nd amendment.

Well, apparently you believe that cops can arrest you for saying something they don't like, take you to jail and book you and they can keep those records till the cows come home.

What I am saying is that when one defends the constitution, one blanket defends it.

Even when you defend it against the cops.

What you are suggesting to me is the cops can stop you for legal acts and haul you to jail and keep records on you.

The cop had no right to violate the mans constitution rights and was wrong to put him in jail.

I am not sure on the records destruction bit since a lot is missing in the story.

Marcus Aurelius
06-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Well, apparently you believe that cops can arrest you for saying something they don't like, take you to jail and book you and they can keep those records till the cows come home.

What I am saying is that when one defends the constitution, one blanket defends it.

Even when you defend it against the cops.

What you are suggesting to me is the cops can stop you for legal acts and haul you to jail and keep records on you.

The cop had no right to violate the mans constitution rights and was wrong to put him in jail.

I am not sure on the records destruction bit since a lot is missing in the story.

My God, the depth of your stupidity is matched only by...well, nothing.

Please, point out the post where he even implied that, dumb ass.

Robert A Whit
06-07-2013, 06:07 PM

I went back and found the complete article from a Florida paper as opposed to the Brits Guardian and note the following.

First, the guy that was arrested in the first place, based on the article, has not been rearrested.

As Sheriff of that country department, seems he had control over records.

All I am saying this time is that the case has not been resolved legally. It is too early to allege he did wrong. That will be decided by the court of law. The article says he may go to jail or be reinstated back to sheriff.

The man defended the second amendment. The documents have no bearing on that as you say, however the Sheriff intended to void the arrest thus void out the records.

A good lawyer can sure help him now.

fj1200
06-07-2013, 09:49 PM
If the Sheriff just obeys orders...

Does his boss have the right to decide how to interpret the Constitution?

That's one of the standard dodges from big-govt leftists when they get caught breaking the law, whether the Constitution or a lower law. "You don't have the right to decide what that law actually means!"

The fact is, we all have that right. And the Constitution was written accordingly: In the plain language of its time, so that regular people can understand what it means.

Big-govt leftists hate that. The idea that people can be sovereign and decide things for themselves, is antithetical to the leftists' entire agenda.

Not the least because it eliminates any need for big-govt leftists!

Can't anyone make an argument around here without dropping the leftie/leftist bomb? :rolleyes:

And no it's not up to a civil servant to perform his/her job according to their own interpretation of the Constitution. One sheriff deciding to tear up some paperwork to show he was defending the 2nd isn't worthy of praise because it's just as easy to find someone on the other side interpreting the Constitution to mean that they can load up their server farm with private phone records.

jimnyc
06-08-2013, 06:09 AM
Can't anyone make an argument around here without dropping the leftie/leftist bomb? :rolleyes:

Me, me, me!! I don't think my posts had anything to do with the left - you no good lefty bastard!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Lets be real here ,ok. There is a government promoted movement to void the 2nd Amendment and deny the American citizen that right. If the Sheriff in his official judgment saw that the arrest was improper, he had not only the duty to free the arrested individual but also the right to destroy(VOID) the record if that was th wish of the falsely accused and arrested victim IMHO.. To restore the man's official record to that of having not ever been arrested seems fair to me . How wrong is it to arrest a man for upholding his Constitutional right? Then have on record his arrest which will follow him all his life? What is being done by the higher authority types is to punish those that stand up for their Constitutional rights even if they are elected officials. It is a war GD it.. Waged by our own government on us, we that will not stretch out our necks to meekly be chopped. People need to wake the hell up, the government is every damn bit as big an enemy to our freedoms as has been in the past any foreign power!-Tyr

fj1200
06-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Lets be real here ,ok.

Do you have access to facts not in evidence? Because it seems you're making some major leaps of faith.

jimnyc
06-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Lets be real here ,ok. There is a government promoted movement to void the 2nd Amendment and deny the American citizen that right. If the Sheriff in his official judgment saw that the arrest was improper, he had not only the duty to free the arrested individual but also the right to destroy(VOID) the record if that was th wish of the falsely accused and arrested victim IMHO.. To restore the man's official record to that of having not ever been arrested seems fair to me . How wrong is it to arrest a man for upholding his Constitutional right? Then have on record his arrest which will follow him all his life? What is being done by the higher authority types is to punish those that stand up for their Constitutional rights even if they are elected officials. It is a war GD it.. Waged by our own government on us, we that will not stretch out our necks to meekly be chopped. People need to wake the hell up, the government is every damn bit as big an enemy to our freedoms as has been in the past any foreign power!-Tyr

Investigation reports are not records as in arrest records. Freeing the guys is fine. Hell, even update the investigatory records that this is the case. But a "right" to void/delete/destroy records that then belong to the state? Nope. One can effectively update the report to show there was absolutely no wrongdoing at all on the part of the gentleman arrested. These types of records would not show up on a background check and he would have no negative score as far as an arrest is concerned.

For example. Someone calls the police to file a report on someone for hitting their car while it was parked. The cops take the report and all identifying information. The person who originally called finds out more information and turns out there was no accident at all and absolutely no wrongdoing. The police obviously can update the prior report, but they don't have the right to destroy the prior report.

Again, to make sure we're on the same page. If the sheriff updated the report properly, let this guy go free and clear - there wouldn't be any record at all following him for the rest of his life - but the department would have a record of what happened from beginning to end.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Do you have access to facts not in evidence? Because it seems you're making some major leaps of faith. I have a memory and that memory reminds me of past government actions and current anti-gun policies of the ffing current bastard in charge! Of course I took into account that if other information should come forth that made the arrest valid then all bets are off. However restoring the man's record (if falsely arrest) seems to be fair. Yet we all see how damn unfair the government is about any citizen now standing up for their Constitutional rights. The government even has paid shills on internet sites that promote the sanctity of their infinite wisdom and Godlike authority. Imagine that, an American that gets federal pay to spread lying propaganda on the internet. Its called cyber propaganda warfare. Look it up if you are unfamiliar with the concept. Actually no different than the nazi-like efforts put forth by past bastards, just using a different medium... Know of anybody that does dastardly, lowlife and unpatriotic crap like that???;)-Tyr

fj1200
06-08-2013, 11:02 AM
I have a memory and that memory reminds me of past government actions and current anti-gun policies of the ffing current bastard in charge! Of course I took into account that if other information should come forth that made the arrest valid then all bets are off. However restoring the man's record (if falsely arrest) seems to be fair. Yet we all see how damn unfair the government is about any citizen now standing up for their Constitutional rights. The government even has paid shills on internet sites that promote the sanctity of their infinite wisdom and Godlike authority. Imagine that, an American that gets federal pay to spread lying propaganda on the internet. Its called cyber propaganda warfare. Look it up if you are unfamiliar with the concept. Actually no different than the nazi-like efforts put forth by past bastards, just using a different medium... Know of anybody that does dastardly, lowlife and unpatriotic crap like that???;)-Tyr

OK, what changes have been made to Federal and FL law since he has been in charge? The question remains though if you prefer that those "lefties" in positions of power use their Constitutional discretion for their purposes as they see fit as you wish for FL civil workers?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Investigation reports are not records as in arrest records. Freeing the guys is fine. Hell, even update the investigatory records that this is the case. But a "right" to void/delete/destroy records that then belong to the state? Nope. One can effectively update the report to show there was absolutely no wrongdoing at all on the part of the gentleman arrested. These types of records would not show up on a background check and he would have no negative score as far as an arrest is concerned.

For example. Someone calls the police to file a report on someone for hitting their car while it was parked. The cops take the report and all identifying information. The person who originally called finds out more information and turns out there was no accident at all and absolutely no wrongdoing. The police obviously can update the prior report, but they don't have the right to destroy the prior report.

Again, to make sure we're on the same page. If the sheriff updated the report properly, let this guy go free and clear - there wouldn't be any record at all following him for the rest of his life - but the department would have a record of what happened from beginning to end. Sorry Jim , I temporarily forgot all about the supreme sanctity of the almighty State. Say, wasn't it the "State" that the founders found to be grossly unjust and rebelled against giving birth to this great nation? Lets be real here the ffing State is not to be held in some heralded status as perfect or supremely infallible. Even more so when we see the almighty "State" just pick and choose which laws it will enforce. Obama decides ffkk a federal law and he goes about ignoring that law(immigration law) and forcing all federal officials to comply. Even sues a state that attempts to secure its own border! We are living in very dangerous times my friend. Nothing is business as usual when our government is in mid-campaign to overthrow the nation as it was founded. Recently the government has been shown to have completely voided the 4th , rigged an election and killed /murdered its own citizens. Excuse me if I do not share your confidence in the sanctity and godlike authority of the State. Remember this my friend, every damn one of the Founders was a GD rebel and traitor to the Crown! Yet with knowledge and historic al information we judged that they were right in their actions and absolutely brilliant in the execution of setting up a government that would never again seek to enslave its citizens. Now fast forward to now-- We now have a GD government seeking to enslave its citizens!! We now have a government not only too damn big/too powerful but actually in the process of executing an overthrow of the nation from within.. -Tyr

revelarts
06-08-2013, 11:26 AM
closing the case & expunging the record, vs. destroying public records are two extremely different things.
Why destroy the records?(btw, no actual proof has been presented that this happened, but that is the contention in the OP so lets work with that for a moment).
If the sheriff declined to prosecute as is his legal right, and did nothing wrong or illegal in the process, destroying the records makes it 'appear' that there was some kind of coverup of something the sheriff was involved with in the case. Keeping the records intact is the best way to prove without a doubt that he did nothing wrong.

No one said there was numb nuts. Destroying the records, if it was done, is against the law. I know you're old, stupid and essentially senile, but at least make an effort to keep up if you're going to continue to post.

Marcus and Jim you Guys are pretty adamant about your "official" docs" position.
NO ONE has a right to destroy Public records. It should Never be erased. It should remain public record. And Law Enforcement should go to jail if they do it. correct?

OK i see your point
As long as your consistent.

the CIA Destroyed the torture tapes, And Made all kinds of Excuses for it but were NEVER fired, reprimanded or Arrested for it. link (http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/10/cia-dodges-contempt/)
Should someone go to jail?

The Able Danger Intelligence program that the DIA had “2.5 terabytes,” worth of Terrorist Info pre 9/11 including info on Atta, it was destroyed on orders according to congressional testimony (https://www.fas.org/irp/agency/dod/ig-abledanger.pdf) and Lt Col Anthony Shaffer (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/25/pentagon-destroys-copies-controversial-memoir-written-army-officer/).
No one Arrested, no one reprimanded no one fired. link (http://www.historycommons.org/timeline.jsp?projects_and_programs=ableDanger&timeline=complete_911_timeline)

In NY the Police have been exposed , (and i pointed out in another thread here (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?40452-NYPD-Commissioner-admitted-that-cops-target-minorites-in-stop-amp-frisk&p=634149#post634149),) that they have downgraded/hidden/destroyed serious "official" crime reports while arresting people for minor BS.
confirmed here Link (http://www.villagevoice.com/2012-03-07/news/the-nypd-tapes-confirmed/) link (http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/03/nypd_crime_stat_1.php) link (http://www.amazon.com/The-Crime-Numbers-Game-Manipulation/dp/1439810311/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370706699&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Crime+Numbers+Game%3A)
when mentioned in the other thread there was not a peep about police tossing out or editing crime reports, or those actions being a serious crime or a crime at all, or that the reports even need to be looked into. not... a... word.
I'm not sure anything a has been done to the precincts or officers that have been involved in that either.

All of the Above involve Incredibly serious criminal and national security issue, but None of those involved have been arrested, not one that i know of.

But Here we have a Sheriff wiping the slate clean of a NONE offense and he gets arrested and needs the book thrown at him?
I just don't get it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Marcus and Jim you Guys are pretty adamant about your "official" docs" position.
NO ONE has a right to destroy Public records. It should Never be erased. It should remain public record. And Law Enforcement should go to jail if they do it. correct?

OK i see your point
As long as your consistent.

the CIA Destroyed the torture tapes, And Made all kinds of Excuses for it but were NEVER fired, reprimanded or Arrested for it. link (http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/10/cia-dodges-contempt/)
Should someone go to jail?

The Able Danger Intelligence program that the DIA had “2.5 terabytes,” worth of Terrorist Info pre 9/11 including info on Atta, it was destroyed on orders according to congressional testimony (https://www.fas.org/irp/agency/dod/ig-abledanger.pdf) and Lt Col Anthony Shaffer (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/25/pentagon-destroys-copies-controversial-memoir-written-army-officer/).
No one Arrested, no one reprimanded no one fired. link (http://www.historycommons.org/timeline.jsp?projects_and_programs=ableDanger&timeline=complete_911_timeline)

In NY the Police have been exposed , (and i pointed out in another thread here (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?40452-NYPD-Commissioner-admitted-that-cops-target-minorites-in-stop-amp-frisk&p=634149#post634149),) that they have downgraded/hidden/destroyed serious "official" crime reports while arresting people for minor BS.
confirmed here Link (http://www.villagevoice.com/2012-03-07/news/the-nypd-tapes-confirmed/) link (http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/03/nypd_crime_stat_1.php) link (http://www.amazon.com/The-Crime-Numbers-Game-Manipulation/dp/1439810311/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370706699&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Crime+Numbers+Game%3A)
when mentioned in the other thread there was not a peep about police tossing out or editing crime reports, or those actions being a serious crime or a crime at all, or that the reports even need to be looked into. not... a... word.
I'm not sure anything a has been done to the precincts or officers that have been involved in that either.

All of the Above involve Incredibly serious criminal and national security issue, but None of those involved have been arrested, not one that i know of.

But Here we have a Sheriff wiping the slate clean of a NONE offense and he gets arrested and needs the book thrown at him?
I just don't get it. Obama does as he pleases , breaks laws as he pleases and sets the example that nothing is valid anymore. That's how dictators operate. We peasants do not have to abide by rules/laws that would cause our demise. ff-obama and his agenda, its treasonous.. I have zero obligation to obey anything that bastard commands. I do not follow or obey ffing traitors. And every communication, every phone call, text etc is being recorded by the new dictatorship. O' you haven't heard about the new dictatorship? Well hang on for just a couple more years, the news will reach you.. after its entirely too late... dats da plannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.. Didn't hear about all this spying on every American until now did ya?-Tyr

Marcus Aurelius
06-08-2013, 12:06 PM
NO ONE has a right to destroy Public records. It should Never be erased. It should remain public record. And Law Enforcement should go to jail if they do it. correct? They should be charged appropriately, tried and punished if convicted.

OK i see your point
As long as your consistent. I am.

Should someone go to jail? They should be charged appropriately, tried and punished if convicted.

No one Arrested, no one reprimanded no one fired. link (http://www.historycommons.org/timeline.jsp?projects_and_programs=ableDanger&timeline=complete_911_timeline) They should be charged appropriately, tried and punished if convicted.

In NY the Police have been exposed , (and i pointed out in another thread here (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?40452-NYPD-Commissioner-admitted-that-cops-target-minorites-in-stop-amp-frisk&p=634149#post634149),) that they have downgraded/hidden/destroyed serious "official" crime reports while arresting people for minor BS. They should be charged appropriately, tried and punished if convicted.
when mentioned in the other thread there was not a peep about police tossing out or editing crime reports, or those actions being a serious crime or a crime at all, or that the reports even need to be looked into. not... a... word. Sorry, missed that thread. Which one was it, please?
I'm not sure anything a has been done to the precincts or officers that have been involved in that either. They should be charged appropriately, tried and punished if convicted.

All of the Above involve Incredibly serious criminal and national security issue, but None of those involved have been arrested, not one that i know of. They should be charged appropriately, tried and punished if convicted.

I just don't get it. It isn't about the offense or lack thereof, for me. It's about destroying the documentation (again, assuming it actually happened). I don't care if it was a parking ticket record, or a murder arrest record. It was not his to destroy (again, assuming anything was actually destroyed).

Pretty sure the above RED remarks constitute consistency.

revelarts
06-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Other Infamous Gov Document Shredders.

Oliver North and Fawn Hall
Iran-Contra

SEC officials have destroyed records of Wall St. Fraud for decades
link (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/is-the-sec-covering-up-wall-street-crimes-20110817) link (http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/08/the-real-reason-the-sec-has-been-shredding-documents-for-decades/), link (http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-09-06/business/35275358_1_sec-spokesman-john-nester-gary-aguirre-sec-records)

Veterans Medical Records Destroyed, among others
link (http://www.wltx.com/news/article/125871/2/Vets-Cant-get-Treatment-Army-Admits-Records-Destroyed) link (http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=174296)

red states rule
06-08-2013, 01:18 PM
http://www.realnewsreporter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Pro-second-amendment-300x298.jpg

red states rule
06-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Sorry Jim , I temporarily forgot all about the supreme sanctity of the almighty State. Say, wasn't it the "State" that the founders found to be grossly unjust and rebelled against giving birth to this great nation? Lets be real here the ffing State is not to be held in some heralded status as perfect or supremely infallible. Even more so when we see the almighty "State" just pick and choose which laws it will enforce. Obama decides ffkk a federal law and he goes about ignoring that law(immigration law) and forcing all federal officials to comply. Even sues a state that attempts to secure its own border! We are living in very dangerous times my friend. Nothing is business as usual when our government is in mid-campaign to overthrow the nation as it was founded. Recently the government has been shown to have completely voided the 4th , rigged an election and killed /murdered its own citizens. Excuse me if I do not share your confidence in the sanctity and godlike authority of the State. Remember this my friend, every damn one of the Founders was a GD rebel and traitor to the Crown! Yet with knowledge and historic al information we judged that they were right in their actions and absolutely brilliant in the execution of setting up a government that would never again seek to enslave its citizens. Now fast forward to now-- We now have a GD government seeking to enslave its citizens!! We now have a government not only too damn big/too powerful but actually in the process of executing an overthrow of the nation from within.. -Tyr

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/524161_10151040760698459_485557198_n.jpg

Robert A Whit
06-08-2013, 01:24 PM
As to the suspended Sheriff, we must bear in mind that unless he is found guilty in court, he is innocent.

Who knows the full authority of the sheriff?

I don't. I have not seen his contract. I have not seen the rules he works with.

It is nonsense to rush to judgement.

As my old law teacher used to say, it is a matter for the courts to decide.

Our opinions don't matter one bit to that jurisdiction that handles this matter.

A lot of this hinges on the precise wording of any agreements between the sheriff and those that hired him. Maybe he has the authority to do what he did. I believe his lawyer makes that claim.

red states rule
06-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Tyr, please remember this when it comes to people like Gabby and FU

http://wr2a.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/internet-liberals-great-being-right-and-conservative-politics-1344830346.jpg

fj1200
06-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Tyr, please remember this when it comes to people like Gabby and FU

:facepalm99: Show me my liberal streak here. Oh, never mind, you're a scared little girl.

fj1200
06-08-2013, 01:40 PM
A bit more color here for those interested in TRUTH:

Liberty County Sheriff arrested (http://www.jcfloridan.com/news/crime_courts/article_9bbea03c-ce25-11e2-a5a2-001a4bcf6878.html)

Investigators allege that Finch “destroyed or removed an official arrest document from the Liberty County Jail, making it appear as though an arrest never occurred,” according to a press release from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
One of his deputies arrested Liberty County resident Floyd Eugene Parrish in March on a charge of carrying a concealed firearm. But FDLE alleges that Finch released the suspect and altered or destroyed documents associated with the arrest. The arresting deputy reported that Parrish had a loaded .25 caliber semiautomatic pistol in his pocket when he was pulled over for a traffic stop on March 8. The officer also noted that a holstered revolver was also lying on the front seat of the vehicle.
The FDLE report concludes with a statement by FDLE Inspector Tim McGraw. Based upon the information he gleaned in the investigation, McGraw wrote that there is “probable cause to believe that Sheriff Finch did violate Florida Statute 828.022, Official Misconduct, by concealing, covering up, destroying, mutilating or altering the official arrest record or official document of Floyd Parrish or causing another person to perform such an act, with the corrupt intent to obtain a benefit for another person.”

So was he arrested for upholding the 2nd or for (allegedly) breaking the law?

Gaffer
06-08-2013, 05:54 PM
This smells of politics or retribution. The sheriff is an elected official and the highest ranking law enforcement officer in the county. Will be interesting to learn more.

Voted4Reagan
06-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Was the Gun a legally registered weapon?
The article does not say

Marcus Aurelius
06-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Other Infamous Gov Document Shredders.

Oliver North and Fawn Hall
Iran-Contra

SEC officials have destroyed records of Wall St. Fraud for decades
link (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/is-the-sec-covering-up-wall-street-crimes-20110817) link (http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/08/the-real-reason-the-sec-has-been-shredding-documents-for-decades/), link (http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-09-06/business/35275358_1_sec-spokesman-john-nester-gary-aguirre-sec-records)

Veterans Medical Records Destroyed, among others
link (http://www.wltx.com/news/article/125871/2/Vets-Cant-get-Treatment-Army-Admits-Records-Destroyed) link (http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=174296)

Personally, I think Ollie was shredding Fawn not the documents.

red states rule
06-09-2013, 07:05 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjiM9pojhVEYG9TjddBJto1sRNfH_fD eNNxlyHmDh3SiNmAqv5-E7tR5IKmQ